abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Half, the bottle does call for two scoops now.
Oh man really? I never bothered to look at the bottle, bcause it was one scoop before. Thanx hts I guess I'll go with two scoops now. I'll separate them one am and one pm

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man really? I never bothered to look at the bottle, bcause it was one scoop before. Thanx hts I guess I'll go with two scoops now. I'll separate them one am and one pm
I am fairly stocked up on toco, so I havent checked the new label yet, but that is what I have been told.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you want us to start taking two got-damn scoops.....you got-damn well better give us a got-damn 76 gram bottle for the same got-damn price :D
Word right lol. Before a tub would last pretty long. Now it's half of the length. Womp Womp!

costco77

Awards
Just ordered some. Do you guys dose two caps per day or one?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check your label, depends if you ordered since the change or not. I believe the change was made to coincide with the dosage shown in the hairloss study.
Just checked. It says once per day...ughhhh i dosed two per day for like 4 days lol...Thats 4 days short now lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just ordered some. Do you guys dose two caps per day or one?
Read the label. Whatever it says go by that. I believe the new batch or so might say two and older ones one. From my understanding.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Did someone say caps?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Yeah, but did the amounts change or just the daily recommended dose? Mine is 2 scoops, 1280mg.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, but did the amounts change or just the daily recommended dose? Mine is 2 scoops, 1280mg.
1280mg of mixed toco? Mine is 120mg (one scoop) Thats a big difference in mg..

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
No, the total serving size, above that. Weird, mine says 153mg Mixed Tocotreinols/Tocopherol. (For 2 scoops)

I think they just changed the serving size to match the amount used in their studies, like the poster above said. I don't think the amount in each scoop changed. Purely a label change. I could be wrong though.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea I believe so. It's more to accommodate the studies they used for hair growth as preciously stated. But it's weird bcause if you dose two scoops with the old one it gives more than the recommended two scoops from the new directions.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
so just to clear it all up, my old bottle and new bottle are identical other than one says 1 scoop 60 servings and the other 2 scoops 30 servings. So it just got much more expensive if you're wanting to keep up with the study dosing which is what I assumed I was doing. That being said I will more than likely stick with the 1 scoop ED unless PP decides to sell Toco-8 in bulk at which point I think many would be on board.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it becomes 2x as expensive ?
A change had to be made due to the increase in the cost of raws. With a change going to take place either way, we decide to change the dosing to match the hair loss study, which seems to be ideal dosage for usage given current information.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so just to clear it all up, my old bottle and new bottle are identical other than one says 1 scoop 60 servings and the other 2 scoops 30 servings. So it just got much more expensive if you're wanting to keep up with the study dosing which is what I assumed I was doing. That being said I will more than likely stick with the 1 scoop ED unless PP decides to sell Toco-8 in bulk at which point I think many would be on board.
I don't know of any plans to sell it in bulk. Would be a good idea because of the amount of people (myself included) who use it daily, but it might be on the expensive side, which could be a turn off.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I don't know of any plans to sell it in bulk. Would be a good idea because of the amount of people (myself included) who use it daily, but it might be on the expensive side, which could be a turn off.
yeah, but as an optional purchase I'd go for it.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've tried getting certain things we use in larger sizes. MAP comes to mind, but it never happened. I use Toco 8 year round still and would definatly be interested in a larger size too, id just be concerned about it staying fresh over the long haul.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many pills are in Toco 8?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We've tried getting certain things we use in larger sizes. MAP comes to mind, but it never happened. I use Toco 8 year round still and would definatly be interested in a larger size too, id just be concerned about it staying fresh over the long haul.
Kept in the fridge it should last a year easily

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still sort of confused. Regardless of the new or old toco 8. Dose twice per day or once? With the new study you guys are suggesting two doses. So I'm assuming with the old one dose twice per day as well regardless if the tub says once.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still sort of confused. Regardless of the new or old toco 8. Dose twice per day or once? With the new study you guys are suggesting two doses. So I'm assuming with the old one dose twice per day as well regardless if the tub says once.
According to new research, yes

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
If there any benefit to splitting the doses?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In theory, there is benefit to splitting the dosage of nearly anything.

In practice, with toco-8, just go with what is more convenient for you.
Got it. Thanks.

tr8cid

Awards
Anyone compared the results of toco8 and silica? In terms of speed of hair growth, nails and the health of skin?

beast87

Awards
Dude im bald...ive just accepted it...thats all she wrote! theres no sense in trying to stop something so trivial and harmless...id rather spend all that money and effort in the gym and supps. maybe even a quick weekend at the beach!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Dude im bald...ive just accepted it...thats all she wrote! theres no sense in trying to stop something so trivial and harmless...id rather spend all that money and effort in the gym and supps. maybe even a quick weekend at the beach!
many other advantages too takin toco-8 though.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
many other advantages too takin toco-8 though.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay...here are some of the other things Toco-8 offers

• Proven to help reduce cholesterol while improving the HDL : LDL ratio
  • Maintains healthy artery function by reducing atherosclerotic plaque
  • Helps support testosterone production by maintaining optimum pituitary & testicular function

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
...and the taste is fantastic. Kinda reminds me of sea urchin. Love that stuff.

808Pump

Awards
You guys serious :tapedshut:
It's really not as bad as it sounds or looks...almost like raw oysters just a different color.

Toco 8 hasn't done anything in the hair department for me, but it's worth all the other benefits.
Just keep in mind, grass doesn't grow on a busy sidewalk, so no sense trying to make it grow!
I'd say I'm losing my hair, but really it's just being transferred to my back, stomach and shoulders, so they're all there...LOL!

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You've ate cardboard? You must be one swole wood chuck. :D
I believe taco-8 is micronized cardboard.....which is like eating 10X the actual amount you are consuming....that is the reason for all the benefits, its pretty power packed (and of course absorbs better). With all the boxes I get around here from UPS or USPS, I suppose I could save money and just eat THEM....but I prefer the smaller serving size of Taco-8, eating too much cardboard always gives me gas as well as colon blockages.....

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe taco-8 is micronized cardboard.....which is like eating 10X the actual amount you are consuming....that is the reason for all the benefits, its pretty power packed (and of course absorbs better). With all the boxes I get around here from UPS or USPS, I suppose I could save money and just eat THEM....but I prefer the smaller serving size of Taco-8, eating too much cardboard always gives me gas as well as colon blockages.....
I always run a hefty dose of cardboard through my juicer. Gives my shake that oh so great recycled taste. Throw a serving or two of Toco 8 on top of all of that and my machine has a well oiled engine. It's actually a little known fact that the FDA mandates all mail-ordered deliveries be made in cardboard boxes because it's such a cheap and nutrient dense food supply, a veritable cuisine of total nutrition. It was just recently subsidized by the goverment and I believe Monsanto is currently suing anyone that tries to reuse previously planted cardboard seeds. Yes, it's that big. :D

Sea Urchin is next on their list.