To Infinity.... and Beyond!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you want that to dry up and heal faster cover it in salt, and then just add a tiny bit of water and then clench it up in your fist and hold on tight for a couple minutes of intense burn. It will dry that fresh pink skin up over the course of the night so it isn't tender and you can get back to lifting comfortably faster. Just be warned although this works and well, it is very painful for a couple minutes while the salt penetrates that newly exposed skin. It basically dries it out and makes it toughen up overnight.

Also, I recommend getting yourself a Pedi-Egg to shave your callouses down regularly. It leaves them smooth but doesn't take of the lower layer of callous. I use mine about every 2-3 weeks an any time I noticed the callous build up getting thick enough to cause it to rip off. Plus any time it gets scratchy so I can still touch my wife.

View attachment 232101

Find on AMAZON here. https://www.amazon.com/Painlessly-Calluses-Precision-Micro-Blades-Mess-Free/dp/B007ZW9TTE/ref=asc_df_B007ZW9TTE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=564744653215&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5826594084592853227&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060296&hvtargid=pla-1653302441979&th=1
never thought about the salt idea, might have to give that a try! this one isn't deep enough to bother me, just add more chalk and go for now. in the xfit days I would bandage a wound in bag balm overnight to heal, but then dry it out all day long during the day because I found that if I let it heal normal without balm, it would shrink/tighten up and then crack open right away, or if I left it bandaged all the time it would stay soft and not harden enough to use without tearing again.

i used to use one of these but since I'm not really doing a lot of pull-ups these days or muscle ups etc the callouses don't bother me that much anymore.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That looks like a torcher device

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
never thought about the salt idea, might have to give that a try! this one isn't deep enough to bother me, just add more chalk and go for now. in the xfit days I would bandage a wound in bag balm overnight to heal, but then dry it out all day long during the day because I found that if I let it heal normal without balm, it would shrink/tighten up and then crack open right away, or if I left it bandaged all the time it would stay soft and not harden enough to use without tearing again.

i used to use one of these but since I'm not really doing a lot of pull-ups these days or muscle ups etc the callouses don't bother me that much anymore.

View attachment 232103
You are getting into those big DL's now, it might become an issue again. :)
Thats pretty cool too. One thing I like about the egg is it catches the skin it shaves off so there isn't really much of a clean up. You finish pop it open and dump it out.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
Bb rows, power cleans, OHP, curls

Bench
10 x 95, 95, 135
5 x 185, 210, 225, 240
4 x 250, 250

+SS
265 x 3,3,4

Raw
5 x 225

Wide grip
12 x 185
16 x 155

Incline
10 x 95, 135
5 x 165
3 x 185
8 x 135

EZ bar skullcrushers
6 sets

DB curls
4 sets

Tri rope push downs
3 x 20

Machine curls
3 x 15

LISS
20 min

Notes
Should have asked dude for a spot on that 250, definitely had five but didn't wanna risk it so went for 2 x 4 instead to be safe.

After a hard 8hrs of yardwork, fence building concrete pouring, mowing etc I didn't think I'd have such a great session today

Arms must be growing cause I can barely get the slingshot over my biceps now. Or maybe I just need to wear it more and stretch it some.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
DB curls, RDLs, goblet squats

Squat
5 x 135, 185
2 x 225, 250, 275, 290
3 x 300

+ Green band
3 x 225, 245, 250
10 x 185

Front squats, no band
3 x 12 x 95

Leg ext
3 sets

LISS
20 min

Weight was 192 this morning, so still trending down. Planning a couple 24hr fasts even though I think 36hr is 2x more effective. Eating at roughly maintenance but throwing in the LISS to see what happens. Essentially 189 was my goal, I hit 190 on the dot (fasted and dehydrated for sure) in like 10 days so at this point if I'm over 190 at the end of the month a single fast would put me back under lol.

So far I feel like I'm holding size better than ever while shaving lbs.

Also crazy in love with the banded work. Hard to describe but i feel like it's teaching me how to stand up.

Only supplementation right now is
Phosphatidic XT
epiandroLean
And SNS creatine
Pump addict

Oh and some arginine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Last night we grilled up a big ol beer can chicken, tonight I diced the leftovers and reheated in the cast iron pan. Basically a 90% protein dinner but as much as I love that beer can chicken I'm amazed at how good leftover meat is in the cast iron carnitas style.

No pics, I ate it

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I'm about 70" tall
the band is wrapped up about 6" below my feet or more
the barbell is on my back, lets say 12" below my top head height
lets just say it all equals out to conservatively 58" on the monster bands for squats.
in theory the band tension is around 60+ lbs at the top.
Of course, I'm using two bands, one on each side. but the chart does say for 2 bands.

so If I hit 250 + 2 green bands it's probably something similar to 315.
that's good info (even though bands wills stretch over time). I've been trying to increase the banded weight as well and I think it's paying off.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Putting in that work!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I'm about 70" tall
the band is wrapped up about 6" below my feet or more
the barbell is on my back, lets say 12" below my top head height
lets just say it all equals out to conservatively 58" on the monster bands for squats.
in theory the band tension is around 60+ lbs at the top.
Of course, I'm using two bands, one on each side. but the chart does say for 2 bands.

so If I hit 250 + 2 green bands it's probably something similar to 315.
that's good info (even though bands wills stretch over time). I've been trying to increase the banded weight as well and I think it's paying off.

View attachment 232207
Bands can be the bees knees. You ever do a conjugate block? Seems right up your alley.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
not exactly. I need to sit down and organize an actual conjugate program . I've sorta dabbled in aspects but not fully programmed...
Even taking the aspects you like of it and adding to your own mix is totally viable. It does prove to be quite useful.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Fasted cardio
35min LISS
Incline trail
200 cals

Woke up at 192.6
Exact same as yesterday.
Running a 24hr fast today cause I have a club meeting / dinner tonight.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Even taking the aspects you like of it and adding to your own mix is totally viable. It does prove to be quite useful.
I need to dig into my archive and pull up an old program or pull one of the interwebz to see a legit Louie or Dave breakdown for a weekly/monthly approach. The only concern I have is I don't think I truly understand the speed work days/dynamic etc as it just seems like the weight is sooooo much lower than I should/need to run. I'm also a little limited in what gear I have at my disposal, box squats for instance are out right now. Pin press overhead yes, but from the bench probably not since our only racks are on wooden platforms and the benches are not moveable... still, variations could be had!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I need to dig into my archive and pull up an old program or pull one of the interwebz to see a legit Louie or Dave breakdown for a weekly/monthly approach. The only concern I have is I don't think I truly understand the speed work days/dynamic etc as it just seems like the weight is sooooo much lower than I should/need to run. I'm also a little limited in what gear I have at my disposal, box squats for instance are out right now. Pin press overhead yes, but from the bench probably not since our only racks are on wooden platforms and the benches are not moveable... still, variations could be had!
The thing about doing max effort variations in a conjugate method is, if you want them to actually have transfer (especially for a raw lifter), you need to use just ONE degree of variation.

So if you use the SSB for ME lower day, that’s it. Max out in your comp stance with the SSB.
Don’t put bands on it, go ultra wide, do it to a high/low box, hold it in the Zercher position, AND put briefs on.

Change the bar/position you hold it, change feet placement significantly, add bands or chains, lift from pins, or whatever you can justify as a variation, but only pick one. And try to pick something you suck at that you think will address a current weakness.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up

DB curls
4 sets

Superset with

DB row
4 sets

Power cleans
10 x 95
5 x 135, 155
3 x 175, 195

Deads
5 x 225, 275, 315

Hammer curls
3 sets

EZ bar curls
3 sets

Seated db incline db curls
3 sets

Notes
Thought about deloading deads today, schedule got sorta wild with meetings, so went easy today, had some fun accessory work, some explosive work. All in all not a waste of time.

Headphones dead when I got to the gym, Super winded today. Just an off day lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
DB laterals,forwards, curls

Power snatch
10 x bar, 65
5 x 95, 115

OHP
10 x 115
6 x 135
3 x 145, 155, 165

Bench
Wide grip
10 x 95, 135

Pause
10 x 175

Regular
3 x 10 x 200
22 x 135

Lateral raises
10 x 25s, 30s, 35s
10 x 40s (one arm at a time)
10 x 30s

Tri rope pushdowns
3 x 20

Super set with
DB shrugs
3 x 15-20

Tri cable pull downs
3 x 10

Superset with
EZ ba curls
3 x 10

LISS
20 min incline treadmill

Schedule is a bit out of whack and with the body feeling run down I kept it fairly light and had fun with a more BB style hypertrophy centric session.

Elbows are a bit tight this week and I have a forced three day gym break in my schedule so wanted to just enjoy my session and ride the pump.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes you just need to take the time to just enjoy some fun and not overly abusive sessions.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes you just need to take the time to just enjoy some fun and not overly abusive sessions.
Yeah dude it was a pretty fun session, had a fantastic pump, isolated the shoulders, felt huge and with my elbows intermittently being a little on the sore side I found that high volume cable extensions were a nice easy way to maintain joint mobility and get the pump in whereas squats and skull crushers obviously are both a little more taxing the elbows. generally speaking I'd say I'm still healthy and injury free at the moment just the occasionally nagging this or that but nothing I haven't experienced from time to time over the past 20+ years

Golfing with a customer today and going fasted. only going to be a 20-24hr fast but saw no reason to surplus my calories if I don't need to. Saturday my wife and i have that event that will be food and drinks. Sunday taking my boy paintballing for his birthday and planning on hotdogs etc. Monday back to my normal split I think.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Headshot not good!!! Been probably around 30ish year for me and back then the guns pretty much sucked and had next to zero aim. Great day weather wise to do it. Hate to complain about the heat but kind of glad temps are going back down to normal. Was 91 the day of the range, Wednesday, and was pretty brutal being out there all day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Headshot not good!!! Been probably around 30ish year for me and back then the guns pretty much sucked and had next to zero aim. Great day weather wise to do it. Hate to complain about the heat but kind of glad temps are going back down to normal. Was 91 the day of the range, Wednesday, and was pretty brutal being out there all day.
oh man my body feels wrecked today lol. we had a light overcast in the 11am - 3pm window that we played paintball so the long sleeve shirts weren't too warm. I think had I been CrossFitting still I'd feel different today since my conditioning and mobility was different back then, but today I feel trashed 😅😅 lot of running, crouching, diving, sliding. it was awesome. my boy was instantly hooked. We used to race these sorta high performance RC cars occasionally on the weekend and about 1hr into paintball he was suggesting we sell the RC cars to buy paintball guns lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a fun day !
It was a blast! about 90 minutes in my dad said thanks, that was fun and checked out lol. another half our or so and one of the other dads decided to switch to tailgating. Then it was just myself, my boy and his buddy playing with a large walk on group of 20 or so. in the end I think I was the last man standing, I would have played another 6hrs 😅😅

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah I had to wear a tux Saturday night for an event, it sorta cracked me up cause I went ahead and bought it a few years ago since renting one and buying one cost almost the exact same amount (I think I paid like $50 more to just buy it) so I throw this tux on and it fits great in the waist and everywhere else but the quads were a bit tight! 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah I had to wear a tux Saturday night for an event, it sorta cracked me up cause I went ahead and bought it a few years ago since renting one and buying one cost almost the exact same amount (I think I paid like $50 more to just buy it) so I throw this tux on and it fits great in the waist and everywhere else but the quads were a bit tight! 😅
Sweet! You have got to love that. Sounds like an awesome time at paintball. I don't think I have actually ever done it. I have done laser tag, but that ain't the same thing obviously.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! You have got to love that. Sounds like an awesome time at paintball. I don't think I have actually ever done it. I have done laser tag, but that ain't the same thing obviously.
laser tag makes me sweat like a pig! LOL
but paintball is wild, you get quite the rush, usually outdoors. the real serious players show up with fancy guns and multiple mags strapped on to their body so they can reload in the field, pretty awesome time !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but paintball is wild, you get quite the rush, usually outdoors. the real serious players show up with fancy guns and multiple mags strapped on to their body so they can reload in the field, pretty awesome time !!
Plus the added intensity of if you get shot it doesn't feel good. That risk is part of what makes things so fun.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude, some of those guys that do the airsoft and such look like they are straight out of a movie or Call Of Duty Black Ops lol. I'll admit, its awesome and I wish I had the money to drop on all that gear. Can't wait to go paintballing again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, some of those guys that do the airsoft and such look like they are straight out of a movie or Call Of Duty Black Ops lol. I'll admit, its awesome and I wish I had the money to drop on all that gear. Can't wait to go paintballing again.
It has always been the cost versus desire to play that has stopped me. I just don't really like to spend money on myself very often. I prefer to spoil my wife instead, which is good because when I do want something the wife wants to make sure I get it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It has always been the cost versus desire to play that has stopped me. I just don't really like to spend money on myself very often. I prefer to spoil my wife instead, which is good because when I do want something the wife wants to make sure I get it.
Yup, I hear that.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Time and money too. when you have one, you usually don't have the other!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a great time with your boy!

I know those clothing pains, the way things change in fit over time. More you make progress, the wonkier things get!
Yeah, if I want a shirt to fit me correctly I have to have it fitted otherwise what fits kinf of tight on my shoulders and arms looks like a tent on my waist... Jeans fit weird, but I have found that Levi's 541's which are athletic fit with a little stretch to them do pretty well with my thighs and glutes.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats
10 x bar, 95
5 x 135, 185
2 x 225, 255, 285, 305
1 x 325, 340, 350 (PR)
3 x 300 (easy)

+ Green bands
3 x 3 x 245
10 x 185

Deads
5 x 185, 225, 275, 315, 365

Notes
350 was a little shallow but I'm counting it. I think I still had it legit if I made depth.

Considered a deload on my way to the gym but I knew if I felt that run down I should go for it

I didn't like the way the dude next to me kept eyeballing me during my squats so instead of going home I decided to deadlift more than him while he deadlifted.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on the PR man!
Thanks Bro! I haven't squatted over 325 or so in like... I think 3 years unless maybe i hit 335 once this winter but I don't think I did. For the first time the weight didn't feel heavy on my back and I think the bands are really helping me grind through my sticking points with more confidence.

Need
50lbs on deadlifts
50lbs on squats
10lbs on bench

For 1200lb total

At this rate it will be like 30, 30, and 50 lol

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice job on PRing, you hit it and lived to tell the tale, so at least in my book it counts!

Kinda funny about how you were initially planning to deload - and then BAM - PR!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that PR!!! Awesome stuff!!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OHP
12 x 95
8 x 115
6 x 135
3 x 155

Bench
10 x 115, 145
3 x 185, 215, 235, 255
2 x 265
8 x 225

DB bench
10 x 60s, 70s, 80s

Skull crushers
3 sets

Tri rope pushdowns
3 x 20 TUT

EZ bar curls
10 x 60
30 x 60

All in all not a bad session for an "off day"!
Would have liked a little more weight but felt deflated in the muscles and joints are sore.

I need to contemplate the correct path forward here I want to see if I can effectively stay this lean or leaner and still progress in strength. Super happy with BF right now.

Weight 190.4 this morning. Down 10lbs via fasting only in May.

That 225 was funny. Hammy cramped up on rep 7 but I shook it out and kept going. Almost went for ten