Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #6
Week 8 Day 1

Tempo Indication: Eccentric:pause:Concentric:Flex (x:x:x:x)
All Rep Tempo's are 2:1:2:2
Rest Times are 90 Seconds

Smith incline Barbell Bench Press
225 x 5 (3 Sets)
225 x 5 +3 + 2 (Rest Pause)

Seated cable rows close grip (Mid Back Focus)
110 x 8 (3 Sets)
110 x 8 + 4 + 3 (Rest Pause)

Smith Barbell Row (Pull To Chest)
3-25's/Side x 5 (2 Sets)
3-25's/Side x 5+3+2 (Rest Pause)

Close grip v bar pull downs (Mid Back)
110 x 6 (3 Sets)
100 x 8+3+2 (Rest Pause)

HS Shoulder Press
130 x 5 (2 Sets)
130 x 8+5+3 (Rest Pause)

EZ Bar Curl
90 x 6 (2 Sets)
90 x 6+3+2 (Rest Pause)

Floor Skullcrusher
125 x 6 (2 Sets)
125 x 6+2+2 (Rest Pause)

Post-Workout:
Protein Ice Cream

MA Pump

Pre Workout - MA Pump

Low Carb Day which are 70g of carbs now. No intra-workout carbs. almost all carbs are coming from veggies today. Hit the gym after first meal and had a great session. Pump is holding steady and endurance and performance is good, but not great (from prolonged mini-cut) and calories are low (Sub 2000). Right now the goal is keeping the pump and maintaining strength as best as I can . This log should end in a day or so, scrapping the bottom of the tub. I will get a final review up soon!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

MA-Pump Final Review

What I will be giving feedback on

- Pump

When I had some calories to play with the pump was much better. As my calories dropped during my logging I noticed that I had to get smart with how I would make the product work with my diet. I would dose with sea salt when I would train first thing upon waking to help give its effects a boost. If I got the luxury of training later or in the afternoon I would get 1-2 meals in me with some carbs or dose some intra-workout HBCD which helped prolong the effect of the pump product. From workout number one you can feel this product come on. The profile is no joke, and it reflects on the performance in the gym. If I was not on a mini-cut or looking extremely flat the pictures would look much better. With such a high dose of nitrosigine, citrulline, and hydromax it makes sense the product simply delivers.

- Performance/Endurance/Recovery

This was nice. Electrolytes, Capros, Betaine, and Creatine are all factors that can help intra-workout performance and endurance. There is also research proving that nitrates can aid your performance and endurnace in the gym which dated back to when Cellucor rolled them out in the C4 Product. Citrulline is known to help prevent lactic acid build up during training which was noticed as well especially with my style of training. I focus on a DC Style training with drop sets, rest pause sets, and all out sets that really push your limits. Some workouts I would push myself so hard the bar would drop on my toes or almost get pinned during a DB/Barbell movement.

One factor I enjoyed was the Sodium Nitrate. Sodium nitrate is the most highly concentrated source of nitrates on the market, containing 73% nitrates by weight. Furthermore, MA-PUMP contains a massive 1,500 mg serving of sodium nitrate, yielding 1,095 mg of pure nitrate—the highest on the market. Combine that with betaine has also been shown to increase muscle strength, power, and endurance, while significantly increasing muscle mass through a number of mechanisms…in study after study.

Rest periods were shortened, and as I moved further through my mesocycle I was able to keep rest periods down on supersets and my top sets. The endurance and recovery boosts were present as your body became saturated with using the product and ingredients involved.

Dosing

I stuck with the normal serving (2 scoops) prior to a workout. The only problem was the powder is so clumped even after shaking the tub or storing in a cool place the entire product was one big rock. Take caution when getting this product and keep away from any heat or moisture or may be very hard to break apart.

Cost

While the cost is steep, its a you get what you pay for product. I know MA Labs gets you 20% off their product on their main page which is about $10 off the product and $45 for 20 servings. At almost over $2 a serving yeah its one of the highest dosed on the market, but some consumers would rather go the cheaper route or buying an underdosed product. MA Pump provides what you may get in 2-3 products when stacked together on the market to put together a massive non-stim pump product.
Mike Arnold

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great and very detailed log as usual The Solution.

Also, this sentance has especially sparked my interest. How much of a difference does adding sea salt to a pre-workout make if/when training fasted?

I would dose with sea salt when I would train first thing upon waking to help give its effects a boost.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great and very detailed log as usual The Solution.

Also, this sentance has especially sparked my interest. How much of a difference does adding sea salt to a pre-workout make if/when training fasted?
A lot.
Helps with delivering nutrients during your training and helping aid pump.
Sodium, is critical both to performance and staying healthy during particularly workouts. Think about when you sweat, you need to replace what you lose in a fasted state. When sodium levels get too low, total body water drops and blood volume drops, which leads to fatigue and performance declines. An athlete may experience muscle cramps, decreases in strength, and hyponatremia – dangerously low blood-sodium levels, which leads to edema, headache,

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot.
Helps with delivering nutrients during your training and helping aid pump.
Sodium, is critical both to performance and staying healthy during particularly workouts. Think about when you sweat, you need to replace what you lose in a fasted state. When sodium levels get too low, total body water drops and blood volume drops, which leads to fatigue and performance declines. An athlete may experience muscle cramps, decreases in strength, and hyponatremia – dangerously low blood-sodium levels, which leads to edema, headache,
I wanna give this a shot. How much sea salt would you recommend adding to a fasted pre-workout?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to thank "The Solution" for putting together such a detailed log. I will admit that I was a bit concerned at first about having someone I didn't know log my product, especially after I found out he was a rep for another supp company and logs many different products.

With circumstances like that it is hard to know if the person has ulterior motives, but my initial concerns were completely unfounded, as 'The Solution" did exactly what he said he would do...and for that he gains my respect. If any company out there is thinking about having someone run a log and his name comes up, you should not have any reservations about having him log your product. Not only was he straightforward and honest, but he put a lot of effort into doing this log...both in terms of length and content.

He is a good guy in my book.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I want to thank "The Solution" for putting together such a detailed log. I will admit that I was a bit concerned at first about having someone I didn't know log my product, especially after I found out he was a rep for another supp company and logs many different products.

With circumstances like that it is hard to know if the person has ulterior motives, but my initial concerns were completely unfounded, as 'The Solution" did exactly what he said he would do...and for that he gains my respect. If any company out there is thinking about having someone run a log and his name comes up, you should not have any reservations about having him log your product. Not only was he straightforward and honest, but he put a lot of effort into doing this log...both in terms of length and content.

I will always put in my honest opinion when logging a product. That is the sole purpose of logs for others on these boards who read them.
Is the product worth their time and investment?
What did the user get out of the product?
How did they utilize the product to suit their training and what was their feedback?

Without providing consistent details and feedback a log really does not do much for a company if it is short-winded and very brief. Let alone people who want to stack extra products on top of what they are trying to log which takes away feedback from a company standpoint.

The biggest issue I have with MA Pump is that it comes as a complete blob of powder. I literally had to break it apart and shake the tub every time before I used it to even get the powder to break apart. I started to just eat it as candy and weighed out 33g. It was much easier then trying to break it apart time in and time out.

None the less a top tier product! Thank you again.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will always put in my honest opinion when logging a product. That is the sole purpose of logs for others on these boards who read them.
Is the product worth their time and investment?
What did the user get out of the product?
How did they utilize the product to suit their training and what was their feedback?

Without providing consistent details and feedback a log really does not do much for a company if it is short-winded and very brief. Let alone people who want to stack extra products on top of what they are trying to log which takes away feedback from a company standpoint.

The biggest issue I have with MA Pump is that it comes as a complete blob of powder. I literally had to break it apart and shake the tub every time before I used it to even get the powder to break apart. I started to just eat it as candy and weighed out 33g. It was much easier then trying to break it apart time in and time out.

None the less a top tier product! Thank you again.
I knew the product would clump before we made it, which is why I put on the label it would be clumpy. I had a choice to make. I could either drastically lower the dose of HydroMax and get rid of the clumping, but reduce its effectiveness...or I could sacrifice aesthetics (fine powder) for effectiveness. As a company who prides itself on making the most effective products possible, I decided to tolerate the clumping and make the product more effective. I believe that my customers, when faced with such a decision, would expect me to put quality and effectiveness over aesthetics...so that's what I did. Obviously, it would be ideal if it didn't clump, but at least it mixes up fairly well and tastes good.

Jock.Bu

Jock.Bu

Awards
If COGS permits, as a packaging solution, which offers convenience to the product user, you may opt for a similar solution or suggestion: Package the product as the formulation stands presently, i.e., with its full dose of Hydromax, such that a 33-g serving size is prepackaged and partitioned in a packaging tray with 30-individualized compartments. Remove a pulloff top as a laminae of thermosealed or chemically adhered HDPE or similar material. Remove a discrete serving from the packaging tray and place into a glass of room temperature water (25°C / 77°F) for improved solubility and ease of mixability. Sounds like an efficacious product!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If COGS permits, as a packaging solution, which offers convenience to the product user, you may opt for a similar solution or suggestion: Package the product as the formulation stands presently, i.e., with its full dose of Hydromax, such that a 33-g serving size is prepackaged and partitioned in a packaging tray with 30-individualized compartments. Remove a pulloff top as a laminae of thermosealed or chemically adhered HDPE or similar material. Remove a discrete serving from the packaging tray and place into a glass of room temperature water (25°C / 77°F) for improved solubility and ease of mixability. Sounds like an efficacious product!
We thought about that, but using individual packets would have drastically increased the product's manufacturing cost. With MA-PUMP's manufacturing cost already being significantly higher thanaverage, we felt it was unwise to go that route.

Daff

Daff

Awards
  • Established

Good log, top man