Is utilizing a liquid diet an effective weight loss solution?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is Utilizing a Liquid Diet an Effective Weight Loss Solution?

by Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN The word “diet” is often thrown around when the discussion is about losing weight. People are always looking for quick-fix diets, promising them the world. But one of the diets you may be hearing about these days is a liquid diet. If you’re looking to lose weight relatively […]

Read the full article...

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
All weight loss diets (besides KETO) that work have one thing in common...... Calorie restriction.

lamarclark09

Awards
Liquid diet can work, but if the calorie is low. Only low-calorie diets are useful for weight loss.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
All weight loss diets (besides KETO) that work have one thing in common...... Calorie restriction.
Keto also needs a caloric deficit. If it didn't it would break the laws of thermodynamics and I think you get a Nobel prize or something for that

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Keto also needs a caloric deficit. If it didn't it would break the laws of thermodynamics and I think you get a Nobel prize or something for that
Well obviously, but let me clarify….. You can basically eat what would NORMALLY be a surplus of calories when in full blown ketosis and still lose weight (unless you are below 17-18% BF in my observation and experience)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a ketone yeilds 7 calories per gram of fat so if you are comparing those calories in a typical diet the keto set up does allow you to technically eat more. is this considered a deficit? not really, but it is well known that typical keto dieters are able to eat a little more food than otherwise might

IusedToBeFit

IusedToBeFit

Awards
I personally prefer to eat my food then drink it.

But if you must drink it, you'll want something slow digesting to keep hunger at bay while on a caloric deficit.
Assuming macros are in check, but all-in-all, I think you should find what is most sustaining for you.

I only drink my meals when in need of protein and don't have alot of time. Aside from that, save your money.