GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Controlled Labs are great. Staple supplements that always work.

Need a full on label re-design and re-branding tho.
Yup love the co .. its in my top5 :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New flavor of CL Purple Waath
View attachment 203035
What's this supposed to taste like? Is this like Purple Guava Pear from Bang?

I wish they would do these in 45 servings instead of 90. Or they need to at least offer samples like Ghost. Controlled Labs is good at flavoring but I've wasted so much money on aminos I didn't like the taste of.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's this supposed to taste like? Is this like Purple Guava Pear from Bang?

I wish they would do these in 45 servings instead of 90. Or they need to at least offer samples like Ghost. Controlled Labs is good at flavoring but I've wasted so much money on aminos I didn't like the taste of.
i never found their purple wraath to be good flavoring
now their creatine matrix is one of the best green apple or limeade

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i never found their purple wraath to be good flavoring
now their creatine matrix is one of the best green apple or limeade
The rocket pop was decent. I actually finished a tub of that.

I heard the cotton candy was very good but never got to try that and they stopped making it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Controlled Labs are great. Staple supplements that always work.

Need a full on label re-design and re-branding tho.
I remember reading a long while back that they like having the nostalgic label look because it sets them apart.

I can see where people would think they needed a re-branding but can also see where they're coming from too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't care what the label looks like as long as what's inside works !!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember reading a long while back that they like having the nostalgic label look because it sets them apart.

I can see where people would think they needed a re-branding but can also see where they're coming from too.
I get it. I don't mean LYFESTYLE full potato branding. But I'm a Creative Director for a living lol, I can't help it.

Also, whatever happened to PU PureEnergy from the Bulk Nutrition forums...used to chat with him all the time.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The lower the dose, the optimal it is for sleep, believe it or not. Most take melatonin the wrong way. Too high, and too close to sleep. Best to take it low, and 2 to 3 hours before bed.
Interesting! My wife has been going through a lot of sleep difficulty since becoming a mother. Lately she’s been crushing 10mg melatonin right before bed with less than desirable results. I’m going to try and convince her to try it this way - lower dose much earlier.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get it. I don't mean LYFESTYLE full potato branding. But I'm a Creative Director for a living lol, I can't help it.

Also, whatever happened to PU PureEnergy from the Bulk Nutrition forums...used to chat with him all the time.
Oh I understand. I was just saying what I remember someone from there saying a couple years back. And I remember him; I hadn't thought about him in years, I'm not sure what happened to him.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I actually like seeing a company sticking to a basic. Not everyone needs crazy modern labels and graphics. Some companies are known for it and some not.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ghost Update:

1:00 Min - Ghost x Kiley Collab for Glow coming soon
3:45 Min - Ocean Water Gamer -- Coming Soon (Legend, Gamer, Amino)
7:10 Min - New Vegan flavor sampling (Cereal based flavor)
8:00 Min - Vegan Cinnamon Cereal Milk, Chai Tea, or Apple Cinnamon ideas
9:20 Min - Legend v2
10 Min - Legend v2 Formula Breakdown
14 Min - Pump v2 Peach, Natty, Pineapple, Warhead Watermelon & Formula Breakdown

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I actually like seeing a company sticking to a basic. Not everyone needs crazy modern labels and graphics. Some companies are known for it and some not.
We've been told a few times that we need to re-brand the Competitive Edge Labs labels but then we have as many people say they like them the way they are. And a couple times we've paid designers for updated ideas and when put to a vote, the old label style wins.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Per Mark Glazier off FB:
Look what’s back for SPD. Irish Whiskey Cream - Classic Whey. Launching this Friday and available for a limited time only. Last year we had no idea how popular this flavor would be and we sold out in 2 days... but don’t worry, we’re better prepared this year.
Nutrabio ST patricks Day.jpg

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I give ghost a break because they were pretty much the pioneers of the lifestyle brand and they were smart and more clever than cheesy. Can’t say the same about the rest of them.

Olympus seemed to really fall of the discussion with the l1fstyle brand or whatever it was. Not saying they are bad products but they had a terrible take on the lifestyle movement and see to be discussed much less on here. Although I could be wrong and sales have tripled because this site is a small demographic compared to the market as a whole

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I give ghost a break because they were pretty much the pioneers of the lifestyle brand and they were smart and more clever than cheesy. Can’t say the same about the rest of them.

Olympus seemed to really fall of the discussion with the l1fstyle brand or whatever it was. Not saying they are bad products but they had a terrible take on the lifestyle movement and see to be discussed much less on here. Although I could be wrong and sales have tripled because this site is a small demographic compared to the market as a whole
olympus is no longer a sponsor here...

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I still don't understand the "lifestyle brand" concept? What does that even mean?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was there ever a review on this? Did a search but maybe I missed it.
I bought one but have not yet had it. The cashew butter sugar donut or whatever it is called is amazing. Hopefully it stays that way.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Legend v2 Launch
Wednesday March 10th
1 PM Eastern , 12 Central

Coupon - ChefBob

in at least 6 flavors, maybe one other

FFFE6021-8C0B-4D7F-8D0C-419C164DD376.jpeg

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wouldn’t care about the taste as that reads as the most nutrionally dense protein blend out there. I really doubt they are going for the “it has to taste like candy audience here”. It’s about the nutrition. I doubt it’s going to be cheap with that organ blend “if” it’s substantial and not just dusted for advertising/selling sake.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It might surprise us ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wouldn’t care about the taste as that reads as the most nutrionally dense protein blend out there. I really doubt they are going for the “it has to taste like candy audience here”. It’s about the nutrition. I doubt it’s going to be cheap with that organ blend “if” it’s substantial and not just dusted for advertising/selling sake.
I agree about the flavoring perspective, but beef collagen is not nutritionally dense. Not from a protein bioavailability standpoint anyway.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree about the flavoring perspective, but beef collagen is not nutritionally dense. Not from a protein bioavailability standpoint anyway.
I believe he's referring to the organ complex added in addition to the collagen

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
if it has any amount of marketing, it wont be cheap haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ghost Update

1 Min - Shaun Stafford joins Ghost
7:15 Min - Sonic Cherry Limeade & Ocean Water Gamer
11 Min - Chef Bob's baked goods.
13 Min - Q&A with Dan/Ryan
What is Natty - Neutral Flavor
How to stack Legend and Pump V2 - 2 Scoops legend (full stim), 1/1 Pump/Legend for moderate stim, 2 Pump for full non-stim
16 Min - New apparel coming soon
GNC is launching V2 shortly after launch on Ghost webpage.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just tried the Axe and Sledge glazed donut protein and it is badass. It does not taste like a Krispy Kreme but it DOES taste like a glazed cake donut. You'd probably assume it would be heavy on the maple and heavy on the sweet, but it's actually the opposite. Heavy on the donut cake flavor.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just tried the Axe and Sledge glazed donut protein and it is badass. It does not taste like a Krispy Kreme but it DOES taste like a glazed cake donut. You'd probably assume it would be heavy on the maple and heavy on the sweet, but it's actually the opposite. Heavy on the donut cake flavor.
Sounds like something I would like!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ghost Update:

1 Min - Kylie Collab with Glow (Nanaberry)
5 Min - Pink and White Metal Shaker Cups
6:40 Min - New Apparel
7:30 Min - Ghost Bags
7:45 Min - Sneaker cleaning kits
9 Min - Ghost Gamer Strawberry Bubbalicious beta test
11 Min - Top Secret Pump Collab beta-testing (it is a green color) -- Not Green Apple Warhead --
12 Min - Ghost Sour Patch Kids Pineapple beta-testing
13 Min - Ghost Burn Stim-Free Black Cherry beta-testing
13:40 Min - Ghost Energy Swedish Fish beta-testing
17 Min - Ghost Gamer Ocean Water & Cherry Limeade Launch -- Thursday 18th at 1 PM Eastern/12 Central

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ghost Update:

1 Min - Kylie Collab with Glow (Nanaberry)
5 Min - Pink and White Metal Shaker Cups
6:40 Min - New Apparel
7:30 Min - Ghost Bags
7:45 Min - Sneaker cleaning kits
9 Min - Ghost Gamer Strawberry Bubbalicious beta test
11 Min - Top Secret Pump Collab beta-testing (it is a green color) -- Not Green Apple Warhead --
12 Min - Ghost Sour Patch Kids Pineapple beta-testing
13 Min - Ghost Burn Stim-Free Black Cherry beta-testing
13:40 Min - Ghost Energy Swedish Fish beta-testing
17 Min - Ghost Gamer Ocean Water & Cherry Limeade Launch -- Thursday 18th at 1 PM Eastern/12 Central
Shoot me some ghost to review!