BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CP FUEL BAJA BLAST
image1.jpeg
20190205_030956.jpg

Got home yesterday to walk up on a package containing 2 samples of BAJA BLAST.* Thanks to The Solution* . This pwo doesn't even come out/launch until 2/11/19.
Put it to the test this morning at 3am. Mixed with 10oz h2o. First thing I noticed before shaking was some beautiful colored crystals floating on the top. Caught my eye. After a few good shakes, mix was perfect.** Took my first hit, and man was I suprised.* This stuff had a carbonated effect to it. It was amazing. The taste was great!!!
After 13 minutes of ground rolling I could feel the BA kicking in with some small tingles. Once I got into my workout I noticed the tunnel vision kicking in. I was blowing through weight and sets.* I got through my workout this morning in 52 minutes and was wishing I had more time.
Overall this was a great pwo, I didn't get all wacked out. It is now 2 1/2 hours later and I still feel awesome. Just a nice smooth refreshing ready for whatever feeling.* Haven't even got to the coffee yet.* This will definitely be in my rotation in the future.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CP FUEL BAJA BLAST View attachment 179036View attachment 179037

Got home yesterday to walk up on a package containing 2 samples of BAJA BLAST.* Thanks to The Solution* . This pwo doesn't even come out/launch until 2/11/19.
Put it to the test this morning at 3am. Mixed with 10oz h2o. First thing I noticed before shaking was some beautiful colored crystals floating on the top. Caught my eye. After a few good shakes, mix was perfect.** Took my first hit, and man was I suprised.* This stuff had a carbonated effect to it. It was amazing. The taste was great!!!
After 13 minutes of ground rolling I could feel the BA kicking in with some small tingles. Once I got into my workout I noticed the tunnel vision kicking in. I was blowing through weight and sets.* I got through my workout this morning in 52 minutes and was wishing I had more time.
Overall this was a great pwo, I didn't get all wacked out. It is now 2 1/2 hours later and I still feel awesome. Just a nice smooth refreshing ready for whatever feeling.* Haven't even got to the coffee yet.* This will definitely be in my rotation in the future.
Creatine in pre? Nice mini review but i think ppl will skip this one

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Refer to my Video Review below
It is not supposed to be a clinically dosed powerhouse product where you will spend up to $1+ a serving
This is something you can use as an every day get me up, coffee replacement, study aid, or energy drink replacement
Especially for under 40-60 cents/Serving which is the primary goal of the product

Almost everything looks underdosed

Campus Protein White Frost & Lemon Drop Fuel Pre-Workout

[video=youtube;D2DtP7y1APM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DtP7y1APM[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2DtP7y1APM

Taste

White Frost - White Frost fuel is a mirror image of a White Monster energy drink in a powder form. While tasting the beverage you can pick up small hints that resemble carbonation to give you the replica of the carbonated can. If you never had a white monster this beverage provides a grapefruit/ citrus flavored soda. The way the sour and sweet flavors congeal together make a very refreshing flavor. If you ever had a squirt soda or fresca this is a good example of what to expect going into this product or buying the energy drink. Overall this exceeds Hyde Power Potion in Winter Blast as the best white monster replica I had and the taste was absolutely spectacular.

Lemon Drop - The lemon drop flavor in Fuel has surpasses my lemon hater taste buds. The density of the flavor is on the bold side on the initial taste. As this flavor hits your taste buds you pick up a slight zest in the aftertaste to enhance the sweetness of the lemon. You really get the best of both worlds with a strong initial taste and a zesty aftertaste. This is by far the best lemon I have had to date. It is not overpowering, it is not dull, and it is done just right. This is extremely refreshing and any lemon fan will truly enjoy this one!

Ranking of Fuel Flavors:
1) White Frost
2) Sour Watermelon Wedges
3) Lemon Drop
** Remember I am not a big lemon fan ***

Mixability
CP Fuel mixes with ease. Just touching the water the powder will start to dissolve. I even mixed with a spoon in water and had nothing stick to the cup. I was amazed at how flawless this does mix. In a blender bottle or shaker bottle you will have no particles floating around or any foaming. This is a huge plus to the product especially if you ware on the go and want to just add it to a water bottle and slug it down.

Formula

Creatine Monohydrate 1.5g – Power, Performance, Endurance, Recovery
Carnosyn Beta Alanine 1.2g – Power and Performance, Delays fatigue
L-Arginine 800mg – Nitric Oxide Enhancer
Betaine Anhydrous 500mg – Cellular electrolyte concentration & Hydration
L-Citrulline 450mg – Pumps, N.O Enhancer, delay lactic acid build up
L-Tyrosine 280mg - cognition-enhancing amino acid
L-Taurine 220mg – Hydration & Performance
Choline Bitartrate 250mg – Cognitive Enhancer & Nootropic
Caffeine Anhydrous 200-250mg – Stimulant (200 is regular for Watermelon & Lemon and 250 for LE White Frost)
Huperzine A 2.5mg – Cognitive Enhancer & Nootropic
L-Norvaline 120mg – N.O. Enhancer + Pump agent

Cost

CP Fuel is around $25 for 30 servings or $40 for 60 servings. There is a Bundle Pack for 2 Fuels + a Shaker for $36 which is the best price per serving. The company has even ran sales getting it as low as 40 cents a serving on BOGO. If you are looking for a great tasting energy drink or coffee replacement that provides good energy this is a worthwhile buy. While the ingredients are not clinically dosed you could find this as a great afternoon get me up,, or a tool to use when studying. I would venture towards other heavy hitter or clinically dosed products for a true pre-workout.

Pro’s
• Top of the line Taste
• Good Caffeine Kick
• Great Energy
• Transparent Label
• ~ 40-60 cents a scoop, which is great for energy, drink replacement.
Con’s

• Not Clinically dosed At A Single Scoop
• More Effective At 2 Scoops, but still lackluster in some areas.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Solution nice review on the FUEL, you hit that spot on. A nice pickup, and a good smooth focus. First powder pwo I've had that gives you a carbonation effect on the taste.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution nice review on the FUEL, you hit that spot on. A nice pickup, and a good smooth focus. First powder pwo I've had that gives you a carbonation effect on the taste.
They are meant to replicate popular drinks on the market
White Frost ---> Monster Ultra White Energy Drink
Baja Breeze --> Baja Blast Mountain Dew // Taco Bell Drink

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Creatine in pre? Nice mini review but i think ppl will skip this one
Yeah it may taste good, but let’s be honest. The formula is crap. Would never waste money on it lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it may taste good, but let’s be honest. The formula is crap. Would never waste money on it lol
I’m probably one of the biggest ingredient sticklers on the forum, but if they actually nailed the White Monster flavor down, including some carbonation, then I may actually buy a tub just to replace the Monsters that I occasionally treat myself to because I just love the taste of them. Getting that level of carbonation right in a powder sounds hard through. Save a bit under a dollar per serving over the cans. But the formula may actually be worse than actual Monster though lol, since at least Monster gets a solid dose of taurine in, compared to pretty useless doses of everything else here, including taurine.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This the whole premise of the product
spend 40-60 cents/serving on fuel or spend over $2 a white monster can in a store
Its meant to replace these situations and give consumers a cheaper alternative.
Flavoring is spot on, I have sent a bunch to people on here and every single one of them has enjoyed it

again its not meant to be a FULLY clinical dosed pre-workout, and i even wrote that in my review if I was looking for one I would go elsewhere. This is meant to replace an energy drink, coffee replacement (hell some people spend $2-3 a coffee), an after get me up, or a study aid. For the price per serving and what it is geared towards it makes sense if you are "Investing" in replacing those products or drinks.

But in the end if someone likes to walk into a store and buy can by can, or invest in cans that is up to them. There may be a cheaper way around it.
Yeah, I’m agreeing with you here. I normally really dislike these types of products, but some of them still try to charge $1+ a serving, so at least this one knows what it is. I don’t even like most soda, but I love energy drinks for some reason, so this may be cool; I’d just have to have some actual nootropics or something with it haha.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really enjoyed the sample scoop. Baja was absolutely delicious. And yes has a carbonation feel to it which made it even more delicious. Like a light soda without effecting sweet taste. I did also feel some itchiness from BA, but surprised at a 1.2 g dosage compared to minimal tingles from total war which i recently tried at a much higher dose. I also tried it at 1/2 scoop and it taste pretty good as well.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure email me your addy
If you love white monsters as much as me you will love the product for what it is aimed for.
I got you
You’re the man! I feel guilty spending $1.50-2 on an energy drink when I have a ton of nootropics, PWOs, and fat burners, but I just love the taste of them. I’ve accepted that nothing with a loaded profile will taste this good, so I separate my drinking for pleasure with drinking for purpose haha.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it’s not ment to be a ‘fully dosed’ pre

Then why bother at all?

Leave it out and put good dosages of focus/stim ingredients in instead

People who pick up a monster want the caffeine and the pick up so if that’s what this is going for what’s the point in under dosed stuff?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
People who pick up a monster want the caffeine and the pick up so
So.. You just wrote exactly what I explained
If you want to spend $2 on a get me up, or do you want to spend 40-60 cents on something that tastes as good if not better, and provides a bit more of a kick?
If you buy 100 monsters in a year, think about what you save.

Case and point. Some people buy these drinks daily from convenience stores, gas stations etc.. Just like how some people drop $2-3 on a coffee everyday from Starbucks.

This is just an alternative to consumers who want to purchase those types of products and want something to "Fuel" them throughout the day hence the name.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it’s not ment to be a ‘fully dosed’ pre

Then why bother at all?

Leave it out and put good dosages of focus/stim ingredients in instead

People who pick up a monster want the caffeine and the pick up so if that’s what this is going for what’s the point in under dosed stuff?
You’re not going to have it taste that good with a ton of nootropics, or even a ton of stims really. It may be good, but it won’t be competing-with-canned-drinks-good TBH. And I get Monsters because I enjoy them; if I just wanted caffeine I’d pop a caffeine pill and down a glass of water for a few cents. They’re not my regular or daily options by any means, but they’re a nice treat a few times a week really. To each his own though. Plus this is meant to be a cheap replacement for the energy drinks while still feeling/tasting like one; if they loaded the profile then it wouldn’t be cheap anymore, and wouldn’t taste as good either. If you’re not going to put out a top-tier PWO with loaded profiles, then this route is at least viable (cheap and delicious); much better than still at least $1/serving AND a mediocre profile. Just my $0.02 from one of the biggest ingredient sticklers on the forum.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So.. You just wrote exactly what I explained
If you want to spend $2 on a get me up, or do you want to spend 40-60 cents on something that tastes as good if not better, and provides a bit more of a kick?
If you buy 100 monsters in a year, think about what you save.

Case and point. Some people buy these drinks daily from convenience stores, gas stations etc.. Just like how some people drop $2-3 on a coffee everyday from Starbucks.

This is just an alternative to consumers who want to purchase those types of products and want something to "Fuel" them throughout the day hence the name.
This. Assuming I have 2-4 (so average 3) Monsters a week, that’s 156 cans per year. Saving $1/can, and that’s $156/year saved, which I can use to buy half a years worth of actual legit supplements to use for actual PWOs or nootropics! It won’t replace my nootropic product or my dedicated PWO, but it’ll save me money to spend on them instead of on canned energy drinks on occasion.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The new energy drink from the Myoblox CEO CAKE sounds good. Caffeine, B vits and Nootropics.

I'm currently a fan of the Hyde PP. That extra 50mg of caff and teacrine is a step up from Bang!

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The concept of arguing with someone, while simultaneously making the exact point they make seems like it would defy all logic. But yet here we are. Fuel is what it is, don't like the the purpose or concept of the product, don't buy it, don't use it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You’re not going to have it taste that good with a ton of nootropics, or even a ton of stims really. It may be good, but it won’t be competing-with-canned-drinks-good TBH. And I get Monsters because I enjoy them; if I just wanted caffeine I’d pop a caffeine pill and down a glass of water for a few cents. They’re not my regular or daily options by any means, but they’re a nice treat a few times a week really. To each his own though. Plus this is meant to be a cheap replacement for the energy drinks while still feeling/tasting like one; if they loaded the profile then it wouldn’t be cheap anymore, and wouldn’t taste as good either. If you’re not going to put out a top-tier PWO with loaded profiles, then this route is at least viable (cheap and delicious); much better than still at least $1/serving AND a mediocre profile. Just my $0.02 from one of the biggest ingredient sticklers on the forum.
Except they label it as a premium pre workout.

TIL it's ok to justify underdosed, as long as you make people believe it's to replace an energy drink.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can definitely not double scoop it imo, 500mg caffeine is just too much. And if it is only a energy drink replacement, why bother putting underdosed ingredients anyways? I am not sure that they would be necessary at all, neither for performance nor for taste reasons. Imo would have been better to keep the number of ingredients lower and just add the typical ingredients to the caffeine, as they do it in Alphamine for instance.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same reason Bang pixie dusts bcaas and “super creatine” among other things.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Except they label it as a premium pre workout.

TIL it's ok to justify underdosed, as long as you make people believe it's to replace an energy drink.
I’m talking about utility, not marketing. I agree that the marketing/labeling is misleading. That said:

Obviously we want something that’s dosed properly and loaded with solid ingredients. This comes with at least a moderate price tag. This is what we will use for actual PWOs, nootropics, etc.

Then we have the opposite end of the spectrum, where the profile sucks, and is pretty much just flavored caffeine. If it doesn’t taste amazing, then there’s pretty much nothing redeeming about the product itself. The price here also needs to be significantly lower then what you’d pay for a good PWO.

The worst thing you can have is underdosed products that cost the same as well-dosed products; there’s no reason to buy those. Or if they don’t taste amazing; not just good, but amazing.

There’s no point in a “flavored powdered caffeine” product if it’s not cheap and delicious. I wouldn’t call it a PWO so much as an energy powder, but it has some level of utility is my underlying point, if that makes any sense.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can definitely not double scoop it imo, 500mg caffeine is just too much. And if it is only a energy drink replacement, why bother putting underdosed ingredients anyways? I am not sure that they would be necessary at all, neither for performance nor for taste reasons. Imo would have been better to keep the number of ingredients lower and just add the typical ingredients to the caffeine, as they do it in Alphamine for instance.
Most energy drinks have uselessly underdosed ingredients too; ask The Solution about how many times I’ve pointed that out haha. I’d greatly have preferred just caffeine and a better dose of taurine (which energy drinks acutely tend to get right), and maybe some ornithine too, since you CAN dose that very low (<500mg) to get benefits with caffeine, but it is what it is.

But yeah, caffeine + taurine + ornithine instead of all the other nonsense would make for a more effective profile. But look at Bang; useless doses of amino acids, but people apparently like to see them on the label, so you get that BS here too.

If it tastes as good as people say, and if they nailed the carbonation, then it’s not useless, it’s just not a PWO. It has a niche use, if nothing else, yet the label is misleading, as you’re not getting pumps or a premium PWO.

I hope I’ve explained my point halfway decently.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I’m talking about utility, not marketing. I agree that the marketing/labeling is misleading. That said:

Obviously we want something that’s dosed properly and loaded with solid ingredients. This comes with at least a moderate price tag. This is what we will use for actual PWOs, nootropics, etc.

Then we have the opposite end of the spectrum, where the profile sucks, and is pretty much just flavored caffeine. If it doesn’t taste amazing, then there’s pretty much nothing redeeming about the product itself. The price here also needs to be significantly lower then what you’d pay for a good PWO.

The worst thing you can have is underdosed products that cost the same as well-dosed products; there’s no reason to buy those. Or if they don’t taste amazing; not just good, but amazing.

There’s no point in a “flavored powdered caffeine” product if it’s not cheap and delicious. I wouldn’t call it a PWO so much as an energy powder, but it has some level of utility is my underlying point, if that makes any sense.
So we are OK with companies doing this, so long as there's caffeine, it tastes good and it's reasonably priced, regardless of the fact 99% of the rest of the profile may well as not be there?

Interesting perspective.

Tbh id rather buy a fully dosed pre, then 1/4 or 1/2 scoop it than buy something like this.

I still stand by my original comment where it seems that regardless of the dosages, a company can still get people to buy a product as long as the consumers start calling it an energy drink replacement. Lol.

Energy drinks in NZ cost about $3- $4 per can depending on the size. So by your reasoning, most pre workouts that fall in the price range of up to $3 per serve can be called energy drink replacements, regardless of what is actually in them lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we are OK with companies doing this, so long as there's caffeine, it tastes good and it's reasonably priced, regardless of the fact 99% of the rest of the profile may well as not be there?

Interesting perspective.

Tbh id rather buy a fully dosed pre, then 1/4 or 1/2 scoop it than buy something like this.

I still stand by my original comment where it seems that regardless of the dosages, a company can still get people to buy a product as long as the consumers start calling it an energy drink replacement. Lol.

Energy drinks in NZ cost about $3- $4 per can depending on the size. So by your reasoning, most pre workouts that fall in the price range of up to $3 per serve can be called energy drink replacements, regardless of what is actually in them lol
Did you even read my post? I agreed that it’s misleading labeling and probably shouldn’t be marketed/labeled as a PWO. I’m merely saying that it isn’t useless as it fills a niche. It sounds like you just want an argument...

Also, 1/4-1/2 dosing a good PWO will just leave you with a mediocre to good tasting drink, not something that tastes like a replacement for an energy drink, which is the ONLY thing I’m claiming this product is even halfway decent for. Call it an energy powder, problem solved; crisis averted.

If I want something to replace an energy drink from a novelty/enjoyment perspective, NOT from an efficacy perspective, as a freaking caffeine tab can do that, it MUST be carbonated, which most (all?) good PWOs are not. Half-dosing a well-dosed PWO or fat burner, from any company, has never been something that tastes as good as an energy drink for me.

The only thing even worth arguing about is them calling it a PWO and the misleading claims it makes. I can show you a myriad of products with just as terrible profiles, much worse taste, and a much worse price point. If this tastes as good as people say and is < $0.50/serving, then at least it does TWO things better than 90% of PWOs on the market that are also garbage profiles but taste mediocre at best and are expensive.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I’m not saying that ANY underdosed powder can be called an energy drink replacement, only ones that taste amazing (not just good), are carbonated, and are very cheap.

The other option to replace an energy drink is something that is well dosed, that will have better effects, and is at least the same price as the drink, likely still cheaper, but almost certainly isn’t carbonated and tastes good, but not amazing.

Anything besides these two extremes, these two opposite ends of the spectrum, is trying to do everything and succeeding at nothing.

Of course the later is what I use daily, like a proper PWO or fat-burner or nootropic, but the former can at least save people money while not taking away from their enjoyment on an energy drink.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Did you even read my post? I agreed that it’s misleading labeling and probably shouldn’t be marketed/labeled as a PWO. I’m merely saying that it isn’t useless as it fills a niche. It sounds like you just want an argument...

Also, 1/4-1/2 dosing a good PWO will just leave you with a mediocre to good tasting drink, not something that tastes like a replacement for an energy drink, which is the ONLY thing I’m claiming this product is even halfway decent for. Call it an energy powder, problem solved; crisis averted.

If I want something to replace an energy drink from a novelty/enjoyment perspective, NOT from an efficacy perspective, as a freaking caffeine tab can do that, it MUST be carbonated, which most (all?) good PWOs are not.
You scrutinize companies for underdosing products a lot on these forums, and for good reason. It's just funny how you are OK with this one simply because it's been pitched to you as an energy drink replacement, which, as far as I can see, it was never marketed as. I don't see the point in financially rewarding a company that underdoses things and uses arginine in 2019, but all the more power to you.

To that end though, I don't see the counter argument of this product being underdosed as invalid.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree.

I find it hard to believe that people are justifying it on the premise of flavour and carbonation. If your only metric for value is that it is cheaper than a Monster, then why is that logic not applied to all underdosed pres?

Why are we exempting this one?

Can we go back to loving BPI pre workouts if they are cheaper than $2 per serve?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You scrutinize companies for underdosing products a lot on these forums, and for good reason. It's just funny how you are OK with this one simply because it's been pitched to you as an energy drink replacement, which, as far as I can see, it was never marketed as. I don't see the point in financially rewarding a company that underdoses things and uses arginine in 2019, but all the more power to you.

To that end though, I don't see the counter argument of this product being underdosed as invalid.
I have repeatedly and explicitly said that I wholeheartedly agree that the formula sucks, the label claims are laughable, and it really shouldn’t even be called a PWO. That said, if the carbonation is on-point and the flavor is actually comparable to White Monster, then I can use it to save a few dollars a week, as it’d achieve the same thing for me (enjoyment and a little caffeine) as the Monster. For daily use, I’ll still use good products, but I don’t drink any of them for enjoyment, I drink them for a purpose. You can argue I shouldn’t support a company that is deceptive, but maybe I just want to save a few dollars versus Monster? They’re not exactly the most honest company either, so I’m not really doing much better supporting them, or Red Bull, or Bang, as they all throw in garbage underdosed ingredients. If I’m playing the ethical role, I shouldn’t give ANY of these companies my money. But I’m not playing the ethical card, I’m playing the saving money card.

I don’t know how much more I can explain this.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree.

I find it hard to believe that people are justifying it on the premise of flavour and carbonation. If your only metric for value is that it is cheaper than a Monster, then why is that logic not applied to all underdosed pres?

Why are we exempting this one?

Can we go back to loving BPI pre workouts if they are cheaper than $2 per serve?
Because 99.9% of underdosed PWOs don’t meet all three of the following criteria:

-Carbonation
-Well under $1/serving
-Taste actually comparable to energy drinks

And well-dosed PWOs are NEVER carbonated or that good tasting, so the idea of 1/4-1/2 scooping one to save money still doesn’t hit those 3 points.

I feel like I’m banging my head against a wall...

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW I don't know what you guys think, but carbonated water (as used in Monster for example) and carbonation from sodium bicarbonate + citric acid is not comparable in my opinion. Just feels too flat for me, like effervescent tablets as you all know.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Because 99.9% of underdosed PWOs don’t meet all three of the following criteria:

-Carbonation
-Well under $1/serving
-Taste actually comparable to energy drinks

And well-dosed PWOs are NEVER carbonated or that good tasting, so the idea of 1/4-1/2 scooping one to save money still doesn’t hit those 3 points.

I feel like I’m banging my head against a wall...
You can carbonate any drink by adding CO2 - whether by a co2 pump or mixing an acid like Citric acid with sodium bicarb, but to me it's ironic how much of a hard time you give companies and people for producing or liking certain underdosed products, despite you vehemently defending this underdosed product because you like it.

As long as you, the purchaser, see value, who am I to judge. Perhaps the same logic can be applied to products other people enjoy

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can carbonate any drink by adding CO2 - whether by a co2 pump or mixing an acid like Citric acid with sodium bicarb, but to me it's ironic how much of a hard time you give companies and people for producing or liking certain underdosed products, despite you vehemently defending this underdosed product because you like it.

As long as you, the purchaser, see value, who am I to judge. Perhaps the same logic can be applied to products other people enjoy
I just explained it several times.... This product, if it lives up to the flavor and carbonation claims, does something no other does. All the products I criticize are OBJECTIVELY beat by (multiple) other products in every category. If they’re underdosed and not priced cheaply and/or don’t taste amazing, then they deserve criticism.

Take your average YouTuber’s PWO. It’s underdosed, overpriced, and almost certainly doesn’t taste energy-drink-like. That hypothetical product deserves to be torn apart, as it is objectively bodied by many other products in every category. There is nothing redeeming about any of these hypothetical products at all. At least this one (claims to) be something different than the pack.

I explained the 3 points that make it have a niche. It’s on the opposite end of the spectrum of PWOs that are dosed well, a bit more pricey, and can’t taste as good. I still use the well-dosed ones 99% of the time of course. It’s things in the middle that I see as having no real utility IMO.

Surely you can at least see my point, even if you don’t agree with it, no?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I just explained it several times.... This product, if it lives up to the flavor and carbonation claims, does something no other does. All the products I criticize are OBJECTIVELY beat by (multiple) other products in every category. If they’re underdosed and not priced cheaply and/or don’t taste amazing, then they deserve criticism.

Take your average YouTuber’s PWO. It’s underdosed, overpriced, and almost certainly doesn’t taste energy-drink-like. That hypothetical product deserves to be torn apart, as it is objectively bodied by many other products in every category. There is nothing redeeming about any of these hypothetical products at all. At least this one (claims to) be something different than the pack.

I explained the 3 points that make it have a niche. It’s on the opposite end of the spectrum of PWOs that are dosed well, a bit more pricey, and can’t taste as good. I still use the well-dosed ones 99% of the time of course. It’s things in the middle that I see as having no real utility IMO.

Surely you can at least see my point, even if you don’t agree with it, no?
I see your point, but I dont see how you can claim this product is objectively better than a Youtubers product, when flavour and need for carbonation are purely subjective measures. Not to mention you haven't even tried it yet.

If someone else likes a product you consider poor, then you're in the same position I am now. Despite the objective truth this product is lacklastre, subjectively you are drawn to it because it replaces a niche it never claimed to meet, but one you created for it. That's fine, but there's a deep irony in it for how often you put on blast products people enjoy despite you not seeing value in it - obviously they do, so where is the difference?

At least i know that if i decide to create a terribly underdosed product, people will love it and defend it as long as it tastes good and has a bit of carbonation.

But let's move on with our lives ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The problem is we are in the minority just like 99% on this board who want eveything clinically dosed when we read the words "pre-workout"
Why is C4 one of the best selling pre-workouts on the market? Taste.. gives a good rush.. and is marketed well
Why is ON Whey selling so heavily? Marketed well, hit the international market first.. but not the best tasting

What the more "hardcore" or "Intense" supplement users such as a majority of this board see compared to the general public is comparing apples to oranges.

How many people drink an energy drink or overpay for a coffee everyday? A LOT.. People will drop $2-3 on a coffee or an energy drink when Fuel could be a replacement for 1/3 or 1/4th the cost. It would provide ample caffeine and give them a bit of a boost (afternoon get me up, study aim, replacement for those drinks).

Your looking at it from a pre-workout and clincally dosed perspective. Is every pre-workout made that way? Absolutely not
Would I rather dose a clincally dosed pre-workout for a workout sessions? Absolutely and I stated that in my review
Would I want to spend 40 cents on fuel if I wanted to give me some energy in the middle of the afternoon instead of dropping $2 on a monster or going to starbucks for a coffee? Absolutely.
The flavoring is on point it tastes better then a monster IMO and the carbonation is absolutely right on. Hell I went to open my shaker and it nearly exploded on me due the fact its dialed in just right.

Anyone can argue they like X, Y, or Z on the market, but the problem is companies like BPI continue to sell well because people don't know what clinical dosings are, they don't know what they need to see in a formula for it to be an adeuqate dose. If they feel good, if they like the taste, and they see it reccomended they will buy it.

In Fuel's case... if you buy it to replace things you overspend on.. What are you getting?
- A better tasting product
- A cheaper alternative
- A good kick of energy for nearly 1/3-1/4th the cost.
"Anyone can argue they like X, Y, or Z on the market, but the problem is companies like BPI continue to sell well because people don't know what clinical dosings are, they don't know what they need to see in a formula for it to be an adeuqate dose. If they feel good, if they like the taste, and they see it reccomended they will buy it"

Isn't this exactly what you are defending Fuel for????

Am i missing something here?

Fuel is underdosed. Fuel tastes good. Why are you bashing BPI for those two things but praising Fuel for them?

Surely this is a troll lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Isn't this exactly what you are defending Fuel for????
In Fuel's case... if you buy it to replace things you overspend on. ---> Energy Dirnks ($2-3 Each) Coffee ($2-3 think starbucks, Tim Hortons), A study aid, an everday get me up..... What are you getting?
- A cheaper alternative

You're looking at it from a pre-workout and clinically dosed perspective. Is every pre-workout made that way? Absolutely not
Would I rather use a clinically dosed pre-workout for workout sessions? Absolutely and I stated that in my review
Would I want to spend 40 cents on fuel if I wanted to give me some energy in the middle of the afternoon instead of dropping $2 on a monster or going to starbucks for a coffee? Absolutely.

I have even stated if I wanted a clinically dosed pre-workout for training sessions that is what I would use and keep fuel to other situations. There is no one size fits all in the industry. If there was everyone would make the same product and have the same doses in every single category. As you and I both know that is not the case.

For the large majority of everyday citizens who overpay on coffee, energy drinks, and other forms of caffeine beverages Fuel is a cost effective replacment to give them a boost and to save them money.

But yet here we are. Fuel is what it is, don't like the the purpose or concept of the product, don't buy it, don't use it[/B].
Exactly.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In Fuel's case... if you buy it to replace things you overspend on. ---> Energy Dirnks ($2-3 Each) Coffee ($2-3 think starbucks, Tim Hortons), A study aid, an everday get me up..... What are you getting?
- A cheaper alternative

You're looking at it from a pre-workout and clinically dosed perspective. Is every pre-workout made that way? Absolutely not
Would I rather use a clinically dosed pre-workout for workout sessions? Absolutely and I stated that in my review

The flavoring is on point it tastes better than a monster IMO and the carbonation is absolutely right on. Hell, I went to open my shaker and it nearly exploded on me due the fact its dialed in just right.

We get it YOU don't want to invest in it, so nobody is forcing you to buy it or care for it.
I have even stated if I wanted a clinically dosed pre-workout for training sessions that is what I would use and keep fuel to other situations. There is no one size fits all in the industry. If there was everyone would make the same product and have the same doses in every single category. As you and I both know that is not the case.

For the large majority of everyday citizens who overpay on coffee, energy drinks, and other forms of caffeine beverages Fuel is a cost effective replacment to give them a boost and to save them money.
:facepalm:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
amusing to see smart guys arguing over something so insignificant, lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love internet arguments !! No one will ever win !!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see your point, but I dont see how you can claim this product is objectively better than a Youtubers product, when flavour and need for carbonation are purely subjective measures. Not to mention you haven't even tried it yet.

If someone else likes a product you consider poor, then you're in the same position I am now. Despite the objective truth this product is lacklastre, subjectively you are drawn to it because it replaces a niche it never claimed to meet, but one you created for it. That's fine, but there's a deep irony in it for how often you put on blast products people enjoy despite you not seeing value in it - obviously they do, so where is the difference?

At least i know that if i decide to create a terribly underdosed product, people will love it and defend it as long as it tastes good and has a bit of carbonation.

But let's move on with our lives ;)
I’ve repeated ad nauseam that this product seems to (I don’t KNOW yet) replicate carbonated energy drinks better than any powdered supplement out there by virtue of carbonation and flavoring. Paired with the low price per serving, and it seems to be the most affordable way to get a comparable experience to buying a Monster while saving money. Subjective? Sure, but it’s objectively closer to White Monster than any other PWO.

I’ll explicitly say, and have already said, it’s a terrible formula, and a misleadingly labeled product that shouldn’t really be labeled as a PWO.

What differentiates it from the pack (95% of garbage PWOs on the market), and I will have to confirm this when I taste it, is that at it fills a niche that they don’t. I never claimed it’s not a garbage PWO, just that it may not be a useless supplement, and may have a niche role that other supplements don’t by virtue of the combination of three factors (flavoring, carbonation, and price) that no other product hits on all points in replacing an energy drink in terms of the experience.

TL;DR: it’s objectively different than non-carbonated overpriced PWOs. And I never even said it’s not a terrible PWO, just that it has a unique niche as a supplement, not a PWO.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This whole argument boils down to it shouldn’t be marketed as a PWO really. Because if it’s aiming to emulate energy drinks, which are underdosed by nature, then it hits that mark haha. So the whole argument is that it’s a terrible PWO, which I can agree too, but I then say that it has a unique niche as a supplement to replace energy drinks while saving money and not sacrificing on the taste/experience.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
amusing to see smart guys arguing over something so insignificant, lol.
Haha this is true. I just find some of the comments very ironic when you compare it to other comments they make about other underdosed products lol.

A tip for all formulators out there: carbonate EVERYTHING :D

But anyway, back to new products.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha this is true. I just find some of the comments very ironic when you compare it to other comments they make about other underdosed products lol.

A tip for all formulators out there: carbonate EVERYTHING :D

But anyway, back to new products.
In all fairness, carbonating a product with tons of exotic stimulants, adaptogens, nootropics, etc. is never going to make it taste like an energy drink. And it won’t stop underdosed products from still selling for $1+ per serving. I really don’t think you’re even trying to listen to anyone’s points.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So.. who's up for a white Monster?
muscleupcrohn will know in a few days :)

Anyways

Primeval Labs teasing a new intra for Intra7Cell in the black series
Curious on the additions to this from the OG

Super HD reformulated and now includes both forms of Yohimbine and has opened up how much Green Tea/Caffeine per serving

150mg Green Tea/160mg Caffeine

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Of note to remember is that Campus Protein just closed a Series A not too long ago and are marketing their “pre” to the masses. Appealing to the smart guys on a forum isn’t really their objective.

So, pre for the masses and energy drink for the smart guys on a forum?

Eh, I’m not keen on having it marketed both ways. Not my company or product though. Doesn’t impact me either way. If you like the product, enjoy it :)

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
muscleupcrohn will know in a few days :)

Anyways

Primeval Labs teasing a new intra for Intra7Cell in the black series
Curious on the additions to this from the OG

Super HD reformulated and now includes both forms of Yohimbine and has opened up how much Green Tea/Caffeine per serving

150mg Green Tea/160mg Caffeine
But how much slack fill is there?