The New Product Release Thread

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta-alanine enhances performance by increasing exercise capacity and decreasing muscle fatigue. It also has antioxidant, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties.
This is true but only for a HIIT type of exercise. Or effort lasting moe than 60-90 sec. Majority of the sets we do are less than 1min.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is true but only for a HIIT type of exercise. Or effort lasting moe than 60-90 sec. Majority of the sets we do are less than 1min.
Not everyone is a bodybuilder. plenty do that kind of HIT, CrossFit or conditioning type work. Good for those folks

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would BA benefits not translate to short-rest resistance training methods?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It would if the rest is insufficient to fully remove lactic acid accumulation.

So for someone doing a dynamic/speed bench of 8-10 sets of 3 with 30 seconds rest, you would probably benefit towards the later sets.

Or think circuit work, CrossFit WODs, timed work that is a minute or more, extended sled dragging trips or light carries, etc.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde said it all. But how many of us are doing this type of training? However majority of the preworkout are loaded with BA. And all of them are advertised for bodybuilders/powelifters rather than those doing these type of training.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This question is very subjective on the client and trainee
What are they looking for in a pre?
What ingredients do they respond well to?
What things do they want to avoid due to how they react to certain ingredients?
What price point does the client have to spend money on?

The above pre-workout should not even include creatine because at 1.5g that is subpar to any kind of clinical dose, so why put it in there to half dose anything effective.
I personally don't like pre-workouts that are exceeding 300+mg of caffeine, so for me to reach those clinical doses would be something outside of my preference, so I would not venture or buy it personally.

I am also not one who enjoys L-Theanine in a pre because it mellows out the stim and makes it hit at a much slower pace.
So for me, I would not buy either Pre Jym X or that one above just due to my personal preference, but to you, it may be something worth giving a shot.
you do know 1.5g is actually the therapeutic dose for creatine HCL right? target dose of between 1-2g for Creatine HCL, much different to monohydrate.

also not sure about the reference to L-theanine when its not in the preworkout he asked you about.

IMO that pre looks pretty decent. The only issue would be that it is quite high stim, so might be a bit much for some people at full dose.

Also in regards to all the BA chat, it does work and there are studies showing a definite benefit at higher dose (just over 6g). Some supp companies have included it in both their pre and intra as a result of this. Personally i don't care for BA due to the fact you need to dose it every day for a minimum of 2-3 months (6 in some studies) to actually see the benefit.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MPA Supps, yeah they're still around, just released bulk Mediator Phosphatidic Acid powder. I just bought a bunch. I intend to add a scoop to my preworkout.
great company and great product

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've noticed that Vitamin Shoppe no longer sells the Outright bar. I guess they could be coming back but for now, they aren't getting in anymore to sell. Makes me wonder, and I am just speculating here, if VS was fed up with people returning boxes due to the QC being lackluster for Outright. As I've said, initial batches of the bars were amazing and then subsequent batches are not nearly as good.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why is that?
mediocre supplements at best, at best, and I personally disdain the demographic that uses their products. Super young, curly hair, chubby leg dangly earing tiktok fuccs that are all over the gym but don't actually train, they just care about where to set up their tripods and getting film of their "set"

I watched a kid a few days ago, "re-do" a set of presses because it didn't look right on film. No intensity, no purpose behind their training...now excuse me while I have some clouds to go yell at

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
mediocre supplements at best, at best, and I personally disdain the demographic that uses their products. Super young, curly hair, chubby leg dangly earing tiktok fuccs that are all over the gym but don't actually train, they just care about where to set up their tripods and getting film of their "set"

I watched a kid a few days ago, "re-do" a set of presses because it didn't look right on film. No intensity, no purpose behind their training...now excuse me while I have some clouds to go yell at
I think the Ryse supps are fine for the price in the current state of the market, but I can strongly relate to the disdain for these clout-chasing kiddos

IMG_6309.JPG

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems aggressive, but to each his own.
I mean their owner and CEO is in jail for 4 years for being a piece of fuccking ****....so there is that. With 10 million supplement company options, all of which are producing similar products, I do not think it is "aggressive" or out of line to wish they get fuccked on the highest of levels. Do you?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean their owner and CEO is in jail for 4 years for being a piece of fuccking ****....so there is that. With 10 million supplement company options, all of which are producing similar products, I do not think it is "aggressive" or out of line to wish they get fuccked on the highest of levels. Do you?
He and PJ both were indicted for bringing with Blackstone what most other companies around here are called being "innovative" and get celebrated for with things like SuperDMZ. I still see posts here talking about how they wish Blackstone was around. Dude has a family, so I don't wish any ill will on anyone in that situation.

From dealing with Redcon1, they seem to have a great community, have a charity that supports military families, and well marketed products I enjoy. But yes, the great thing in this industry is that you have a variety of choices!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/5 flavors for Ryse Energy drinks now available
More to come soon
RYSE turning into Ghost with the flavors! Love it when they make flavored products using common food or popular drink flavors like Sunny D for example.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you tried Reign’s White Gummy Bear? Pretty faithful to the flavor IMO
It's quite good I agree.

But hopefully Haribo makes a deal with one of these companies. I know I am not the only one sitting here wondering what they could come up with. Come for my $$$$!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
The only place I have been finding the Rainbow sherbert is at the Mariano chain grocery store. Zero luck at gas stations.
I’m in Canada so I’m very limited. Only time I found one was in a grocery store which I rarely ever go in anymore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The only place I have been finding the Rainbow sherbert is at the Mariano chain grocery store. Zero luck at gas stations.
Kroger carries them, & I believe the case at Sam’s & Costco have rainbow sherbert in them as well.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vitamin Shoppe has reign, and has the sherbert flavor

// break //

Here is one for you guys...all of the sudden NO ONE has the original sugar-free ultra zero monster. No grocery stores, no gas stations. Their website still shows it, and no info out there that it has been discontinued, but I found it a bit concerning that it is as if doesn't exist suddenly (favorite flavor). I doubt it is a logistical thing because I see millions of original full-sugar green and lo-carb blues around.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

// break //

Here is one for you guys...all of the sudden NO ONE has the original sugar-free ultra zero monster. No grocery stores, no gas stations. Their website still shows it, and no info out there that it has been discontinued, but I found it a bit concerning that it is as if doesn't exist suddenly (favorite flavor). I doubt it is a logistical thing because I see millions of original full-sugar green and lo-carb blues around.
Lots around here (Tulsa, OK) and another of my favorites as well.

But I have never seen Ultra Black or Peachy Keen. Not a single can. Anyone know if they're worth hunting down?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

// break //

that’s my favorite as well and it’s becoming extinct. Occasionally , if I grab an energy drink, it’s that one. The og blue shiny sugar free monster is the best tasting energy drink . Most energy drinks are just disgusting. Can’t even think about a bang, reign , etc without dry heaving

I got to try that ryse smarties and sunny d, though lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
RYSE turning into Ghost with the flavors! Love it when they make flavored products using common food or popular drink flavors like Sunny D for example.
I mean, if they're good, the ryse flavors totally beat out what ghost offers. LOL, warhead and sour patch kids are cool, but SUNNY D, RINGPOP AND SMARTIES? Ryse>

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean, if they're good, the ryse flavors totally beat out what ghost offers. LOL, warhead and sour patch kids are cool, but SUNNY D, RINGPOP AND SMARTIES? Ryse>
Agreed! Those flavors sound more tasty and less making me squint by the sour flavor!

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

// break //

Lowe’s Foods in North Carolina (not related to the home improvement store) has plenty but I’ve definitely noticed this flavor lost its shelf space in Target to some newer flavor packs

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
New Greg doucette pre dropped without ba. Wish more companies would do this.
IMG_3110.JPG