THE MONSTAR's secret stuff - Focused Nutrition EPIANDRO

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Super excited to get this log rolling. First doses are in the books!!! Gotta thank Marms for hooking me up with this amazing stack. I'll be running Epi Andro with Laxo Elite during this cycle.

Dosing for each product will be as follows
-Epi Andro Elite will be run at 3 caps daily (100mg each cap). Might bump up to 4 if needed/recommended.
-Laxo Elite will be run at 3 caps daily (20mg each cap).
-Cycle+Care will be 2 caps daily

stack.jpg

Creatine, fish oil and preworkout will be the only other products consumed during the duration of this log.

A little about myself, I am a powerlifter. The plan is always to get as strong and as big as possible. I have been training for about 10 years and have made some substantial progress. I was small and weak and decided I was going to do something about it.

CURRENT STATS
BENCH - 460 LBS
SQUAT - 660 LBS
DEAD - 710 LBS
BODYWEIGHT - 277 LBS

I follow a program designed by Chad Wesley Smith. It has worked very well for me and I have made small tweaks as needed. The longer you do this the more you realize that there is no one size fits all plan, you have to get out there, do the work and figure out what YOU need. Its never a bad idea to learn from people who have accomplished way more than you have, however, and see what you can take from it that will make you better. My training will be posted in here as it happens so starting tomorrow you will get a sample of what my training looks like. Tomorrow is actually the last day of the cycle and then I will be skipping the deload, as planned, and go back to the first week of the 12 week plan. This means volume will be higher for most of the time I will be logging this cycle. I am excited about this because I should reap some pretty sick mass gains, as well as strength gains to set myself up for huge PR's at the tail end of the training cycle.

As far as diet is concerned, I eat a ton of food. I will make sure I have daily food intake posts throughout the log so you guys can see what that looks like.

Other than that I just look forward to getting the ball rolling in here. If you have any questions or input feel free to chime in!

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Subbed man, good luck you're gonna enjoy epiandro.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Subbed! Those are some huge numbers my dude

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
10 years of busting it! I started at 155lb bodyweight with a 95lb bench my senior year of high school LOL.
Started at 110lbs, could barely get the bar off my chest freshman year of high school haha. Took a LOT of training just to get up to average strength.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
I woke up this mornin and looked in the mirror and I said "mirror mirror mirrorrrrr, who is the biggest, baddest, nastiest lifter this side of the mississippi river?" The mirror said "man stop playin, you are homie!"

mirror2.jpg

[video=youtube;9xpVLjvEPK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpVLjvEPK4[/video]

So today is day two. Obviously nothing to report yet. Today was the last day of this 12 week cycle which means it was time to max out on bench and see what rewards I was going to reap from this training cycle. The workout went down as follows:

BENCH
-465 LBS - I used 450 as a starting point for this cycle so I am happy with the progress I made.
-415 LBS - 1 set of 4 reps, all paused right off the chest
-Maddog slingshot - 1 rep with 495, fast and easy

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
-275 LBS - 3 sets of 3 reps

BEHIND NECK BB PRESSES
-155 LBS - 3 sets of 10 - I run my thumbs along the bottom of the bar and squeeze the life out of my traps at the top

FRONT RAISES
-35 LB PLATE EACH HAND - 3 sets of 12

SIDE LATERAL RAISES
-25 LB DB's for 100 total reps each side (the pump hurts so bad but these will get you YOKED)

BAND PUSHDOWNS
-3 sets of 25 reps with GREEN Rogue bands

I am very please with this training cycle, ready to reset my numbers and hit some volume for a while. Overall over the past 3 month cycle I managed to put almost 50 LBS on my total. I havent been on anything its just been tons of food and training until I see stars. Really excited to blow up over the next month or so. I'll post some food intake stuff up tomorrow, other than that next session in Monday. Look forward to everyones feedback, questions, anything else. Lets blow this log up!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Daaahum, youz a big boy haha
In for the ride! Your strong man!
LOL thats always nice to hear. I still think of myself as tiny usually.

Day 3 in the books. Nothing to report yet but it is coming. I can feel the storm brewing. Got deads on deck tomorrow, will update with workout amongst other things, maybe a little nutrition info!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 doses are in the books. I definitely feel like some good things are coming. Today was DEADS and day 1 of this new 12 week training cycle with reset numbers. The first few weeks of my training cycles are definitely my least favorite. The volume kills me. It went down like so:

DEADS
-570 LBS for 3 reps
-460 LBS for 6 sets of 4 reps each with only 1 minute rest in between sets. These made me feel like dying/crying/crapping my pants

LYING HAMSTRING CURLS
-125 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps

DB ROWS
-175 LB'ERS for 5 sets of 12 reps

BB SHRUGS
-365 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps

DEAD BUGS
-3 sets of 10

EZ BAR CURLS
-115 LBS for 2 sets of 20

HIGH ISO BAND CURLS
-2 sets of 20 with a red ROGUE band

Honestly had a hard time making it through this session. I skipped my deload and jumped straight into the next cycle which is always a ballsy move but overall I felt good enough to go on. I know I will be fine once the epiandro starts rolling and doin its thang.

To help with recovery the food intake has definitely been upped even further and tonight will be nothing but an ice bath, hot epsom salt bath, good movies and a ton of food. The nutritional post is coming, ill take the time on Wednesday to kinda outline how I set up my eating. With Wednesday being an off day from the weights itll be good to have a topic to post in the thread and keep things fresh in here.

ALSO, I see a ton of people reading the thread with not many replies. Feel free to chime in and get things livened up in here. Ask questions, make suggestions or anything else you wanna do!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 5. I am starting to feel fuller and thicker. It's obvious that things are starting to pick up and should be full throttle over the next few days I hope. Not sure what my weight is at the moment as my scale broke a few days ago. I'm gonna get a new one soon but if I had to guess I would guess I am hovering around 280lbs. My weight fluctuates a lot but I definitely feel nice and heavy. I'll probably be upping the dosage to 4 caps/day at some point. If anybody has any advice on that feel free to chime in.

Today was my 2nd BENCH day. My primary BENCH day is Saturday, 2nd BENCH days I focus on putting in rep work and focus on getting a huge pump. Something too many people do that sabotage their training is TEST all the time instead of TRAIN. It may look like your favorite lifter is hitting huge singles all the time but that is not the case at all. There is serious work that goes down prior to the heavy work. Today went down like so...

WIDE GRIP SPOTO PRESS (INDEX FINGER ON RINGS, PAUSED WIDE GRIP BENCH PRESS PAUSED AN INCH OFF THE CHEST)
-300 LBS for 6 sets of 6 reps. LONG PAUSE RIGHT OFF THE CHEST THEN EXPLODE.

DB FLOOR PRESS
-125 LB'ERS for 3 sets of 15 reps

CRUSH GRIP DB PRESS
-95 LB'ERS for 2 sets of 12 reps

DIPS

-BW (~280LBS) + 45LB PLATE for 2 sets of 15 reps

BAND FLYES
-BLACK rogue band for 4 sets of 15 reps

PUSHDOWNS
-GREEN rogue band for 4 sets of 25 reps

BAND PULLAPARTS
-ORANGE rogue band for 2 sets of 20 reps

arm.jpg

front.jpg

The wide grip paused bench press was something I got turned onto by Dan Green at his seminar here in Florida a while back. He is a huge advocate of wide grip paused bench on your second bench day so I gave it a shot and haven't looked back since. Not only have I found them to add some meat to your chest but they have helped my bench press immensely. I typically use around 60% with them and use the 6-8 rep range. Pausing them right off the chest for a solid second and then exploding builds some serious strength off the chest too.

If I haven't mentioned it before I do all of my training alone in my garage. Always have and always will. I have spent thousands of dollars over the past decade adding pieces to build my perfect garage gym. I am extremely self motivated and truly love lifting. I also love sharing and receiving knowledge from other lifters so again, if you have any questions or just wanna chat, don't be shy, post away in this thread.

Tomorrow is an off day from the weights, much needed. I will post some nutrition stuff in here tomorrow.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
2/3 of todays doses, day 6, are done. Feeling really good. Feeling thick and full at all times. Might run out and weight myself later tonight just to see where I am sitting. Terrible time for my scale to poop out on me but I will have another one soon and make due in the meantime. Mood seems to be improved lately, I am thinking maybe the laxo is helping with that? Overall no complaints, liking what I am feeling, definitely looking forward to this next month+.

Today is a rest day. No weights today just tons of eating. My day to day nutrition is alot of food but pretty simple. I have a typical outline that I follow but on top of that I eat whatever I want/crave at any time I want it. I shoot for atleast 350g - 450g of protein per day. I do not track my carbs or fats. A sample day would be as follows-

Keep in mind this doesnt include the many many snacks I eat between meals like oreos, cereal, icecream, etc...

Wake up - 2 scoops whey (50g protein) in whole milk (~10g protein) with 2 tangerines (cuties)
meal 2 - 10 oz chicken with 1 cup bowtie pasta (w/italian dressing and salad supreme seasoning)
meal 3 - 10 oz ground beef with 3 tangerines and 32oz whole milk with nesquick
meal 4 - chipotle burrito (half chicken half steak for more meat)
meal 5 - 8 eggs (4 whole, 4 whites) with toast, 2 tangerines and 32 oz whole milk with nesquick
meal 6 - half tub greek yogurt (44g protein, great value brand has that protein punch!) shaken in water and drank before bed.

I drink around 1.5 gallons of water each day.

Everything is flexible from day to day. Some days I might stop in and get a large pizza for myself. Some days i will snag a dozen krispy kreme donuts and pound them before a heavy bench day. Yesterday I downed 2 whoppers and 20 nuggets in one sitting for a meal. It all depends on what I want. I basically just eat as much as I can every day. Too many people will whine that they cant grow and blame genetics or others using drugs and yada yada yada, its all just a bunch of excuses. If you want to grow it takes some serious eating and lifting. period.

Squats on deck tomorrow, will post the session when I finish. For tonight its good food and watching my bolts smack the penguins around!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great updates man... Jesus Christ your HUGE! What a beast! Your deads are crazy too, I'm working hard on mine this year... Plan to pull 550-560 by September at 175lb... End goal is 600 by next Christmas (2017)

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Great updates man... Jesus Christ your HUGE! What a beast! Your deads are crazy too, I'm working hard on mine this year... Plan to pull 550-560 by September at 175lb... End goal is 600 by next Christmas (2017)
Thanks man! That is some serious weight at that bw, very nice work. Figure out what your weak points are and hammer them, should shoot that deadlift up to where you want it! If you have any questions feel free to ask, id be more than happy to give my $.02

Bout to go do some skwaaats, will post again afterwards.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Doses 2/3 are done for today, day 7. Dose 3 is coming with this meal of 12oz ground beef, potatoe with cheese/onions/mushrooms and a BIG frosty glass of chocolate milk. Have had a lingering headache all day today. Hydration and food are on point so dont know the cause but no biggie, its gone now. Overall I am feeling good and appetite is roaring.

There are many defining moments in a serious powerlifters journey. Times where you are tested. These moments usually make the average lifter run away with their tail tucked between their legs. They make excuses to make themselves feel better for their shortcomings. The great lifters welcome these moments and attack them with fire in their eyes and a smirk on their face. Today threw a curve ball at me but I responded. The plan was to hit 430 lbs for 10 sets of 2 with only 45 seconds rest in between sets. I was about to do set # 10 when I realized I still had 405 lbs on the bar the entire time, the weight used on my last warm up set, and never bumped it up to 430 lbs. Instead of make excuses and settle, I put 430 lbs on and started all over again. Basically hit 19 doubles with over 400 lbs today but I got it done. Lower body feels like a gang of midgets beat my legs and glutes with baseball bats lol. No room for pussing out if you want to be the best. GET IT DONE.

Keep in mind this is the first week of the cycle. Weights are LIGHT and volume is high.

SKWAATS (~65%)
-430 LBS for 10 sets of 2 reps with 45 seconds rest in between sets.

FRONT SQUATS (45%/55%/65%)
-250 LBS x 10
-305 LBS x 10
-365 LBS x 10

HAMSTRING CURLS
-130 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps

PLANKS
-45 LB PLATE on back for 3 sets of 45 seconds

DB CURLS
-2 sets of 50 reps each

Nothing sexy today, just solid work that will set me up for huge numbers later in the training cycle. Lower back is a bit tight so instead of three 2 minute round on the inversion table daily I will bump it up to four for a while. All the volume on deads the first few weeks of the cycle makes my back scream usually but I will address it and plow forward.

Today is officially the 1 week mark for this epiandro/laxo cycle. This is typically where the magic starts to happen and the log should start to get a little more interesting. Cant wait to blow up!

Tomorrow I will be throwing down some all you can eat sushi and hibachi. Usually consists of me eating for a solid hour and a half lol. Will weigh myself after for a good laugh and post up in here! Gotta get a solid bloat for BENCH on saturday!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Endless sushi and hibachi was a success today. Weighed myself about 5 hours later and the scale read 284.5! I knew I was getting heavier but that number was a pleasant surprise. Feeling nice and bloated for tomorrow's BENCH session, will post the details after it happens.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have to see this! Subbed!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Got 1 dose out of 3 down for today, day 9 of the cycle. Seriously considering bumping up to 4 caps daily. The thought of a 50 day run at 3 caps/day intrigued me, not sure how I want to approach things going forward. I usually opt for higher doses since I am a heavier dude. Any advice is welcome!

Overall today was good. I wish things lined up a little better program wise. It would have been fun to log this stuff during the last 5 weeks or so of my training cycle to put up some big numbers for everyone and make things a little more fun. None of this training is flashy, im just laying the groundwork for some bigger numbers later in the cycle. Hopefully I am not boring anyone with these snoozer sessions! Today went down like so..

BENCH
-400 LBS for 3 reps paused off chest (these felt like buttah! nice and smooth)

CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
-325 LBS for 3 sets of 8 reps (these werent as fast. I am not a fan of close grip bench but I do them because they work)

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
-250 LBS for 2 sets of 5 reps

BEHIND THE NECK BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
-155 LBS for 3 sets of 8 reps (squeezing the life out of my traps at the top of each rep)

FRONT RAISES
-35 LB plate in each hand, fingers through holes for 2 sets of 8 reps each side
-15 LB dumbbells, 2 sets of 30 reps each set each side

LATERAL RAISES
-20 LB dumbbells for 100 reps total (10 sets of 10 reps non stop alternating sides)

BAND PULLAPARTS
-ROGUE ORANGE BAND for 1 set of 25 reps

BAND PUSHDOWNS
-ROGUE BLUE BANDS for 3 sets of 20 reps each set

arm.jpg

DONE. Not a bad session at all. Building the base for some big PR'S in ~2 months. I never measure my arms or anything else but I decided to today out of curiousity, arms are sitting at 21 inches. Not too shabby! Time to eat a ton of food and watch movies all night. I am beat. I am definitely feeling my decision to skip that last deload week lol. Oh well, the savagery will continue!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
All 3 doses of day 10 are down the hatch. Got DEADS tomorrow and TONS of volume, gonna be a doozie. Looking forward to it! Will post the session afterwards. Other than that I dont have too much else to report. Still feeling pretty thick and full, will get a weigh in in soon, stay tuned.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
All 3 doses for today, day 11, are complete. Had DEADS on tap for today and I am not gonna lie it was not an easy session. I labored through the entire thing. The volume the first couple weeks on deadlifts destroys me every time. The back pumps are killing me and making it super tough to grind through all the sets but that is to be expected when you are on cycle. Might have to pick up some taurine because I was definitely laboring today, super uncomfortable. Makes me pitch forward and that is never a good thing. Aside from that, which I knew was coming, I am feeling pretty good. Really want to get a weigh in soon, might do that tonight. Still dont have a scale after mine broke a few weeks ago but should be getting a new one very soon. Today went down like so....

DEADS
-585 LBS for a triple
-460 LBS for 8 sets of 4 reps each with only 1 minute rest between sets (32 total reps)

HAMSTRING CURLS
-135 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps each

BARBELL ROWS
-315 LBS for 5 sets of 12 reps each

BARBELL SHRUGS
-405 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-3 sets of 10 reps each

EZ BAR CURLS
-135 LBS for 2 sets of 15 reps each

HIGH BAND ISO CURLS
-RED ROGUE BAND for 2 sets of 15 reps each

DONE. Not a fun session by any stretch of the imagination but I made it through. Back hurt so bad after all those deads I wanted to curl up in a ball but its all good, I pushed through the session somehow. Getting heavier, bodyweight wise, always has a negative effect on my deadlift. I feel like it throws my positioning and technique off for a while until I get used to things. Definitely feeling that way currently. Bodyweight is up and back is super tight so I am pitching forward. Nothing crazy but it does make things harder for sure. Excited to see what the next 40 days have in store. Will try to get a weight update soon, other than that, 2nd bench day is next up tomorrow.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
2/3 doses for today, day 12, are down. Weighed in this morning at 286 LBS :fing02:. Can definitely tell I am starting to blow up and this stuff honestly hasnt even begun to get going full force yet, so that is super exciting. Should be over 290 LBS in no time which is uncharted territory for me. The increased libido is no joke. I already have a super high libido but sweet mother its starting to go wild. No complaints here lol. I havent noticed a big increase in strength that I can directly attribute to the epi but I know its coming. Hard to notice it specifically with all the volume in these first 3 weeks. Other than that I am feeling huge and for the most part in a great mood everyday, loving this cycle so far. Today was BENCH accessory day and it went down like so...

WIDE GRIP PAUSED BENCH (INDEX FINGER ON RINGS, LONG PAUSE AN INCH OFF CHEST)
-355 LBS for 4 sets of 4

DB PRESS

-150 LB'ERS for 2 sets of 8 reps

CRUSH GRIP DB PRESS
-100 LB'ERS for 2 sets of 10 reps

DIPS
-BW (286 LBS) + 2 45 LB PLATES on belt for 2 sets of 6 reps each

BAND FLYES
-ROGUE GREEN BAND for 3 sets of 15 reps each

FRONT RAISES
-25 LB DB'S for 2 sets of 30 reps each in different positions

PUSHDOWNS
-BLUE ROGUE BAND FOR 100 TOTAL REPS

yoked.jpg

DONE. Easy session. The whole point of these BENCH accessory days is to build the muscles I need to bench big, not to kill myself weight wise. The weights are weights I can handle forcefully and build confidence for the main BENCH session on Saturday. Everything went well. Cant stress enough how much the wide grip paused bench press has helped my bench. Definitely a great lift to have in your arsenal if you want a huge bench. Next session will be SKWATS on Thursday but I will post more thoughts tomorrow, I like to stay extremely active in my logs. Tonight I will be watching my lightning hopefully close out this series and eating an entire box of these bad boys, quite possibly the best oreos ever made!

oreo.jpg

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great sessions man! I'm doing dead lifts today and you've inspired me to go heavy haha, think some heavy band work today... I wish we had more variety of oreos here, we got like 3-4 flavours

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Great sessions man! I'm doing dead lifts today and you've inspired me to go heavy haha, think some heavy band work today... I wish we had more variety of oreos here, we got like 3-4 flavours
Thanks man! Hope the session goes well for you. Cant wait for the last few weeks of the training cycle to roll around again so I can start lifting some heavy weight again! Gotta lay the groundwork though first, it is what it is.

2/3 doses for day 13 are down. I feel great and feel like I am growing by the day so I am happy. Next weigh in will be this weekend sometime. No training today so I am gonna go out to eat with the wife and relax and get ready to smash some SKWATS tomorrow.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
2/3 doses done for today, day 14. Officially two weeks in. I haven't mentioned this but I have been sleeping like an absolute rock lately. First few days on cycle I didnt sleep good at all but this past week and a half have been ridiculous. Wake up straight drooling and have dreams almost every night. Deep sleep is good sleep. Felt super lethargic during my training session today, not sure why but I will chalk it up to just an off day. It happens, I am not going to dwell on it. Dont get me wrong, I hit everything I was supposed to hit, but I just wasnt dialed in and the normal mad man intensity just wasnt there. Felt like I was just going through the motions and exhausted before I even touched the bar to start the session. Curious to see where my weight is. Anyway, today went down like so..

SKWATS (ALL REPS PAUSED IN THE HOLE FOR ~2 SECONDS)
-365 LBS X 5
-400 LBS X 5
-430 LBS X 5
-460 LBS X 5
-495 LBS X 5

FRONT SQUATS
-280 LBS X 8
-335 LBS X 8
-390 LBS X 8

PLANKS
-3 ROUNDS OF 1 MINUTE EACH

DONE. Called it a day. Planned on doing hamstring curls and some bicep work but I said screw it. The high volume combined with the recent weight gain is making things tougher the past few days. But hey, if it were easy everyone would be jacked and crazy strong. I like that it isnt easy. I will make whatever adjustments I need to make and kill it next session.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang, that numbers!

The astronomers got it wrong.
Solar eclipses are not caused by the moon, they are caused by " THE MONSTAR ".

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
2/3 doses for today, day 16, are down. Woke up with a massive headache and it didnt go away until after I was done lifting. My hydration was not on point yesterday and I am guessing the headache had to do with that. Today was bench and went down like so...

BENCH
-410 LBS X 3 (ALL PAUSED FOR 2+ SECONDS AT CHEST)

SPOTO PRESS (BENCH PRESS WITH PAUSES AN INCH OFF OF CHEST)
-300 LBS FOR 5 SETS OF 3 REPS EACH WITH 1 MINUTE REST BETWEEN SETS

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
-285 LBS FOR 3 SETS OF 3 REPS EACH

BEHIND THE NECK BARBELL PRESSES

-135 LBS FOR 2 SETS OF 12 REPS EACH

DUMBBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
-85 LB'ERS FOR 2 SETS OF 10 REPS EACH

FRONT RAISES
-25 LB PLATE IN EACH HAND FOR 3 SETS OF 15 REPS EACH

BAND TOWEL PUSHDOWNS
-GREEN BAND WITH TOWEL FOR HANDLE FOR 4 SETS OF 20 REPS EACH

DONE. Weights moved well. Gonna get a weigh in soon and post that up. Overall I feel good. Maybe a little more tired and sluggish than usual but not anything super bad. Time to eat and drink as much water as I can.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
'MURICA!

merica.jpg

2/3 doses for today, day 18, are down. Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all who have served and those who have died protecting our freedoms. If you live in the US and dont respect what these men and women have done then you should leave. Especially those who have come here to live a better life and be free and then dont even fly our flag and our colors. Anyway, before I get going on some tangent, today was DEADS and went like so...

DEADS
-605 LBS for a triple
-460 LBS for 10 sets of 4 reps each (was supposed to be 1 minute rest between sets but that didnt happen lol)

HAMSTRING CURLS
-145 LBS for 2 sets of 15 reps

BARBELL SHRUGS
-415 LBS for 2 sets of 15 reps

DEAD BUGS
-2 sets of 10 reps

CURLS
-various types, probably around 80 reps total

DONE. I lifted right when I woke up today as we hosted a memorial day party today at our house. I dont like lifting upon waking and today proved why. Everything felt crazy heavy and my back was stiff as can be. I had a super hard time making it through all 10 sets on the volume deads. Took my time in between sets since my back felt like it had been beat with a cleaver. Dont need an injury, got the work in but played it smart. Rest of the day was burgers and relaxing by the pool. Definitely considering bumping up to 4 caps/day. I wanted to prolong the cycle but I think the extra cap would make a huge difference. We will see, still mulling it over. Overall feeling good though. Hope everyone had a good holiday, BENCH day 2 is tomorrow.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deads in honor to the dead! Win-Win!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great updates and crazy strength as usual... I actually prefer AM lifting, don't like midday or evening lifting... Feel weaker, crazy right? I ran 4 caps per day and it was perfect, I did find by week 4 that I started to get a little lethargy but its expected.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Great updates and crazy strength as usual... I actually prefer AM lifting, don't like midday or evening lifting... Feel weaker, crazy right? I ran 4 caps per day and it was perfect, I did find by week 4 that I started to get a little lethargy but its expected.
Ya thats crazy man, I like to get a few meals in and atleast half a gallon of water down before I lift. Im always much stronger later in the day. I wish I would have ran it at 4 caps/day from the start. Thought process was to get a prolonged cycle and maybe reap the rewards for a longer period of time. I'll know for next time! Thanks for checkin in man I appreciate it it.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
2/3 doses are down for today, day 20. Feeling strong yet winded during workouts lol, weight gain might be to blame here as well as the volume. Since I feel I could use a few days off from the gym I am going to hit my bench work after squats tomorrow and take Friday/Saturday/Sunday off. Gonna go camping and relax for a few days. Once I finish my session tomorrow I will post it up.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/3 doses are down for today, day 20. Feeling strong yet winded during workouts lol, weight gain might be to blame here as well as the volume. Since I feel I could use a few days off from the gym I am going to hit my bench work after squats tomorrow and take Friday/Saturday/Sunday off. Gonna go camping and relax for a few days. Once I finish my session tomorrow I will post it up.
What?
Get your lazy ass up and keep lifting, no excuses! LOL

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
What?
Get your lazy ass up and keep lifting, no excuses! LOL
HAHAHA. I need a hammock and some brews for a few days! I hate taking days off, I always know I am beat up when I actually want to stay out of the gym for a change. Gotta listen to the body man!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAHAHA. I need a hammock and some brews for a few days! I hate taking days off, I always know I am beat up when I actually want to stay out of the gym for a change. Gotta listen to the body man!
When drinking some brews, make sure you drink directly from the keg....one armed! LOL

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
When drinking some brews, make sure you drink directly from the keg....one armed! LOL
I prefer the edward 40 hands style, 40 oz of old english duct taped to each hand LOL. After that give me some pabst blue ribbon and I am good to go.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Aright everyone, next post will be Sunday or Monday. Skwats were good today, will post that session up upon returning. Taking a much needed few days off to relax. Going to smash things when I return. Will be dosing while away of course. See you ladies in a few days.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what my last girlfriend did, she said she will be back in a few days.... this was 1992.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Always worth taking a few days off... I generally take 2 days off a week, one on Wednesday and one Saturday. Makes a huge difference in performance

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
I'MMM BAAAACCKKKKKK! :bigok:

2/3 doses for today, day 24, are down. I feel good. Needed a few days off. Really could use a deload but I dont want to waste a week while on cycle to lift baby weights. Gonna push through yet again. If I wasnt on cycle and logging I would deload but its go time. I never posted the SKWAT session from Thursday morning before I left so here it is

SKWATS

-605 LBS for a triple

REVERSE BAND SQUATS
-660 LBS for a single

FRONT SQUAT
-305 LBS for 10 reps
-360 LBS for 8 reps
-415 LBS for 5 reps

DEAD BUGS
-3 sets of 10

Was going to bench with that but 1) I was exhausted and 2) my pec felt tight so I played it safe. Looking forward to training tomorrow. By the time I lift tomorrow I will have had about 100 hours of time away from the gym total. Feeling fresher, hopefully I actually am. I will probably up the dosage to 4 caps tomorrow for the last 3 weeks. Its either 3 weeks at 4 caps or 4 caps at 3 and I think a dosage bump is in order. Will decide tonight and post decision tomorrow with training session details.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
3/4 doses for today, day 25 are down. I have increased to 4 caps per day. I'll have almost 3 weeks at 4 caps/day, should be fun. Felt really good today. Still have trouble during the volume portion but that has nothing to do with the cycle, it's just freakin hard work. Always leaves me gassed. Here is how today shook out...

DEADS
-640 LBS for a double
-500 LBS for 7 sets of 3 reps each with 90 seconds rest in between sets

HAMSTRING CURLS
-155 LBS for 3 sets of 12 reps each

BARBELL SHRUGS
-425 LBS for 3 sets of 12 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-3 sets of 12 reps each

CURLS
-3 sets of 20 reps each
-2 sets of 10 reps each

Training will start getting fun again now. Volume starts going down and weight starts going up. Those 4 days off really did me good. Pulls felt smooth as buttah. I guess I need to work on my cardio because those volume sets with the limited rest really destroy me. Excited to bump the epi up to 4/day, really excited to see if it makes a difference.

Music for todays session provided by MARTYR DEFILED

[video=youtube;gHmf3Y3nq2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmf3Y3nq2o[/video]

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Your strength never ceases to amaze me man! Your doing s great job, have you had much lethargy this run?