THE MONSTAR's secret stuff - Focused Nutrition EPIANDRO

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
3/4 doses for today, day 27, are down. Doin 4 caps/day and feeling good. I feel thick and strong but I also feel slow and winded lol. I guess I feel like a chubby version of the HULK. I like to feel thick and strong so I am a happy camper. Ive got about 2.5 weeks left on this stuff and am hoping to hit some big numbers at the end of this cycle.

I dont even train arms much anymore. Only for injury prevention. If I ever start again watch out lol
straight flexin.jpg

Be careful, ITS A TRAP :lmao:
trap.jpg

Little rearview action
new back bi.jpg

Got SKWATS tomorrow. Nothing exciting just more volume but it will hopefully lead to a PR in a few weeks. As always any input is always welcome!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want input, here we go:

-You need to train arms more, looking small like Cheetos
-try to get your deadlift up by about 150lbs, your numbers are girlish
-stop doing chicken shrugs, traps are barely visible
-remember to eat more, being anorexic won't give you the desired job as a male model

:icon16: :cool2: just kidding, dude

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
You want input, here we go:

-You need to train arms more, looking small like Cheetos
-try to get your deadlift up by about 150lbs, your numbers are girlish
-stop doing chicken shrugs, traps are barely visible
-remember to eat more, being anorexic won't give you the desired job as a male model

:icon16: :cool2: just kidding, dude
Its about time someone gave it to me straight LOL. Will work on those things and get ready for mens bikini :yup:

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you seen UncleSarm and smith_69 ? I guess they are hiding behind your left arm, don't make sudden movements, they're fragile.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'll try not to flex and spook them lol
only reason he and I are there is to help protect you from that old Sasquatch that keeps staring at you, not your arm. just saying

lol

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
3/4 doses for today, day 28, are down. Did some SKWATS today and it went like so

SKWATS
-430 LBS for 8 sets of 2 reps each with 60 seconds rest between sets

FRONT SQUATS
-280 LBS x 8
-335 LBS x 8
-390 LBS x 8

HAMSTRING CURLS
-155 LBS for 3 sets of 12 reps each

PLANKS
-3 sets of 1 minute each round

DB ROWS
-2 sets of 10

Easy weights but totally winded yet again. I need to start throwing more rows in again, been slacking on those and every strong man has a strong back. Gotta start hammering those again like I usually do. Next up will be BENCH on Saturday.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Have you seen UncleSarm and smith_69 ? I guess they are hiding behind your left arm, don't make sudden movements, they're fragile.
No way hairygrandpa! I'm a smurf. I'm hiding in THE MONSTAR's beard. Snack on the crumbs that get stuck in there.

:toofunny:

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No way hairygrandpa! I'm a smurf. I'm hiding in THE MONSTAR's beard. Snack on the crumbs that get stuck in there.

:toofunny:
No need for full sentences:
-Invite
-crumbs
-my hairy butt

LOL

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poor THE MONSTAR , his log was so orderly and serene, all of the sudden: blue smurfs and other creatures all over it!
LMAO

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 30. Crap lifting session today. Was supposed to hit 440 on BENCH for what I thought would be an easy double and I ended up hitting a single and not even attempting the second rep. My bench is going backwards lately and its pissing me off. My set up and technique dont feel good at all the past 2 weeks. Its odd because my weight is up and I ate like an absolute horse yesterday and felt good (base meals WITH all you can eat sushi and hibachi AND a large pizza with a pedialyte AND a whole bag of haribo sour bears and 2 50g protein shakes amongst other foods). Usually when my weight is up and im bloated I bench great, just goes to show how important the set up and technique is I guess. Who knows. I feel bigger and I know I have added some size but a session like that at this point in the cycle is disappointing to say the least. Dont know what the plan is for bench for the rest of the training cycle, will have to play it by ear and go from there.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 30. Crap lifting session today. Was supposed to hit 440 for what I thought would be an easy double and I ended up hitting a single and not even attempting the second rep. My bench is going backwards lately and its pissing me off. My set up and technique dont feel good at all the past 2 weeks. Its odd because my weight is up and I ate like an absolute horse yesterday and felt good (base meals WITH all you can eat sushi and hibachi AND a large pizza with a pedialyte AND a whole bag of haribo sour bears and 2 50g protein shakes amongst other foods). Usually when my weight is up and im bloated I bench great, just goes to show how important the set up and technique is I guess. Who knows. I feel bigger and I know I have added some size but a session like that at this point in the cycle is disappointing to say the least. Dont know what the plan is for bench for the rest of the training cycle, will have to play it by ear and go from there.
If something feels odd just do something different instead, like pull overs. Getting depressed over it rises cortisol.
I'm doing exercises by intuition now, not following a plan like: today I must bench at least (put number here).

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
If something feels odd just do something different instead, like pull overs. Getting depressed over it rises cortisol.
I'm doing exercises by intuition now, not following a plan like: today I must bench at least (put number here).
I think for bodybuilding purposes that type of training is great. For pushing strength limits I think some type of progressive plan is vital. Ive been in this boat plenty of times before. I am very hard on myself but it always turns into fuel for the next session. I will be fine for sure, just gotta tweak the plan.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think for bodybuilding purposes that type of training is great. For pushing strength limits I think some type of progressive plan is vital. Ive been in this boat plenty of times before. I am very hard on myself but it always turns into fuel for the next session. I will be fine for sure, just gotta tweak the plan.
Sorry, yes, my fault.
I should have guessed it when I saw what you are eating, LOL
All that venomous, greasy good stuff.
Either way, don't get depressed, fight on!

Mayday922

Awards
Day 30. Crap lifting session today. Was supposed to hit 440 on BENCH for what I thought would be an easy double and I ended up hitting a single and not even attempting the second rep. My bench is going backwards lately and its pissing me off. My set up and technique dont feel good at all the past 2 weeks. Its odd because my weight is up and I ate like an absolute horse yesterday and felt good (base meals WITH all you can eat sushi and hibachi AND a large pizza with a pedialyte AND a whole bag of haribo sour bears and 2 50g protein shakes amongst other foods). Usually when my weight is up and im bloated I bench great, just goes to show how important the set up and technique is I guess. Who knows. I feel bigger and I know I have added some size but a session like that at this point in the cycle is disappointing to say the least. Dont know what the plan is for bench for the rest of the training cycle, will have to play it by ear and go from there.
Sounds like you need me to yell at you in the gym for motovation lol

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 32. 1 more dose to go for today. Had redemption on my mind since Saturday. A bad session will fester with me until the next one and I always show up. Today was DEADS and I was ready with my mind set on pure destruction and savagery. The session was fueled by a band that makes me want to rip my face off

[video=youtube;iLm1JXuSOWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLm1JXuSOWI[/video]

DEADS
-660 LBS x 2 Could have got this for probably 4. Took everything I had to make myself stop at 2. Super easy and fast.
-515 LBS for 6 sets of 3 reps each with 90 sec rest periods. I wanted to die during and after these.

DB ROWS
-185 LB'ERS for 4 sets of 10 reps each

BB SHRUGS
-445 LBS for 2 sets of 10 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-3 rounds of 10 reps

CURLS
-various types. 50 reps total.

DONE. The main DEADLIFT work with the 660 felt like a joke. I was so amped up there's no telling what I could have hit today. Definitely the bounce back session I needed to get my mind right. Keep in mind these are conventional pulls, no sumo tuggin here. I am actually down 4 or 5 lbs from last time I weighed myself. Its gotta be fat loss because I look leaner and much bigger/fuller. 4 caps is definitely where its at imo. Only sides ive experienced are lethargy and body acne.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 34. All doses down. Didn't post the details of yesterdays session but it went well. Pec is bothering me the past few sessions but other than that things are good. Got SKWATS tomorrow, will post the session in here right after.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff man, great updates and great strength as always! Your arms just amaze me.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 35. 3/4 doses down. Hit some SKWAAATS today. As always this is in nothin but undies and knee sleeves lol. I dont use a belt or wraps at all, all of my squats and deadlifts are done beltless. Here is how it went down..

SKWAAAAATS (These were all done as PAUSED SQUATS, all reps paused in the hole)
-395 LBS X 3
-430 LBS X 3
-460 LBS X 3
-495 LBS X 3
-530 LBS X 3

FRONT SQUATS
-305 LBS X 5
-360 LBS X 5
-415 LBS X 5

HAMSTRING CURLS
-135 LBS for 3 sets of 12 reps each (lighter weight, slower negative and squeeze at top)

PLANKS
-3 rounds of 1 minute each

Wanted to do some DB ROWS after all of this but I felt fried and decided not to. I am going to be making rows a priority again, I think the lack of back work has led to my bench issues in all honesty. Gotta fix that. Other than that I feel good. After this week the volume really starts to taper and the weights get fun so I am preparing mentally for an all out blood bath these last few weeks. Getting to hit heavy singles makes me salivate, ready to rip some PR's apart. Ive got plenty of laxo left but the epi probably wont last much longer. I think I have about a week or so left, who knows.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 37. Hit BENCH today. I think its safe to say at this point that there will be no bench PR this cycle. I changed my training format for bench this cycle and it hasnt worked out the way I thought it would. At this point I am just trying to get solid work in and get myself healthy and prepared for the next training cycle. Today went pretty well. I added some different things in just to keep it fun and fresh since my main bench day has been feeling stale.

BENCH
-420 LBS X 3
-495 LBS X 2(+MADDOG SLINGSHOT)
-325 LBS for 3 sets of 5 reps each paused an inch off chest

BB OH PRESS
-265 LBS for 2 sets of 5 reps each

BEHIND NECK BB OH PRESS
-160 LBS for 3 sets of 10 reps each

LOG PRESS
-205 LBS for 2 sets of 10 reps each

SIDE LATERALS
-100 total reps with a 25 LB DB

PUSHDOWNS
-75 total reps

Sticking with higher reps on the overhead pressing. Technique and power just doesnt feel there lately on these either. My lowerbody lifts are all doing well, upper body is pretty stale right now. The epi is coming to an end soon, looking forward to giving my detailed assessment and thoughts. Laxo will run through pct so that is pretty exciting. I feel like a nice deadlift PR is coming this cycle as well as probably a 5-10 lb squat PR. With that said, I will be happy with this even though bench kinda fell apart this training cycle. Any progress is good progress and as long as I have been doing this for I know by now that you cant progress on all of your lifts all the time forever. Things happen. The name of the game is persistence and continuing to fight and move forward.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
NIGHT TIME NO PUMP FLEXIN. This one has a little animalpak vibe to it.

AHHHM.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pause is over, get your ass up and move those girly weights, soldier!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 39. Only have a few days of the epi left. Excited to share my final thoughts on this stuff. Had DEADS today and this is how it went down..

DEADS

-680 LBS for 2 (Not the smoothest reps ever but I got them)
-535 LBS for 5 sets of 3 reps each with 90 seconds rest between sets

BB ROWS
-315 LBS for 3 sets of 12 reps each (kept the weight down, was torched after deads)

BB SHRUGS
-415 LBS for 2 sets of 12 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-2 sets of 10

CURLS
-6 sets of 15, various types

My mentality with deadlifts lately is you better bolt it to the ground if you dont want me to rip it off the floor. I am completely locked in. Overall a very good session, no complaints. Time for bed, will update tomorrow.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome numbers here!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I showed your pics to an employee who needs motivation. He is 6 feet/325lbs/39yo. Got lazy after marriage and did not touch a weight for 10 years.
I made a diet- and workout plan for him with the promise to look similar to you in about 2 years (probably longer, but have to keep him motivated).
Could you please answer two questions?
-How old are you?
-How many years of lifting?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
did you show him your vacation pics

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 6.32.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 6.31.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 6.32.56 PM.png

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did you show him your vacation pics
Don't scare The Monstar away, those are my private pics. Fugging paparazzi, following me around, LOL.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Could you please answer two questions?
-How old are you?
-How many years of lifting?
Sure no problem my friend. I am 27 and have been lifting for a little over 10 years. Tell your friend it doesnt take someone special to do any of this it just takes consistent effort over a long period of time. Some days will be tough, just keep pushing forward.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 40 is in the books. Looks like ive got about 3 days left of the epi. Today I just did a bodybuilding style session instead of my normal 2nd bench day. I did some DB bench for 3 sets of 20, dips, flyes, front raises and pushdowns. Tons of sets with very little rest in between, probably only 15 seconds and then just powered through. Just wanted to get a huge pump without doing anything crazy. I am having a problem with both pecs and I think I just needed to get some fresh blood pushed in. Overall feelin good.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Day 42. Headache with a pissy mood and an achy body. Did squats and that is all.

SKWATS
-645 LBS for a double

DONE. Tomorrow is the last day on the epi. Final review coming soon.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Almost 300 pissed off lbs lol :stick:
LOL I wish I was pissed Thursday, lifting session would have been longer and more fun. I was just pissy, like a little grumpy girl lol.