The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
My max weight drops a tad,, but as long as I have plenty of caffeine pumping through my veins,, my reps don't suffer at all,, as far as.I'm concerned, failure is failure,, failure = growth

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UN-Processed carbs: Fruit, Natty Oats, Rice/Brown Rice, Potatoes, Yams, Natty Granola + Whole Grain "healthy cereals" (careful with the sugar and procesed filers and garbage they add to it), etc ;)

You could even eat things like Ezekial Bread if need be as it's not nearly as "processed"

Add healthy fats for calories (olive oil, coconut oil, macedemia nut oilc etc) although from what I've read, the goal is to keep these more in check on Training Days

So cutting all processed carbs type of thing? It's gonna be hard to get 280 g of carbs of just broccoli tho

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yams and carrots are full of healthy carbs, cooked carrots almost count as a simple Carb given their speedy delivery of sugars

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Comes in GelCaps or Powder form (I dump 1-2 tablespoons in my P-shakes as it has a nutty taste/flavor)

http://www.lecithinguide.info/
Same here,, been taking it regularly for almost 20yrs... also take additional phosphatidyl choline ... it must be kept in the refrigerator or it loses potency super fast,,, I have a dedicated mini fridge just for all my supps

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man **** u guys hahahaha I'm stuck in a hotel for 4 months due to work ... Microwave and George Forman grill is all I have at the time and sux!!!!!!!!
I feel for you bro... I was just in a hotel for only 2 Weeks and was dying. Did you look into an extended stay? Mine had a kitchenette

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Thanks for all the tips guys, will be looking at this tomorrow while I go grocery shopping, can't believe my dumbass forgot about yams -__-

I feel for you bro... I was just in a hotel for only 2 Weeks and was dying. Did you look into an extended stay? Mine had a kitchenette
I only get what they give me bro, company pays for it ... I get extra $$ because the fact that it doesn't have a kitchen but I hate eating out ... Subway and Chipotle every now and then but I try not to since I'm leaning out for the photo shoot

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got ya... I had per diem for mine so I booked my own hotel. One thing about the military I enjoy is being on travel orders.

Good luck buddy! I don't remember who said it but I would def grab some avocado. That was good advice slice that sh1t up and put it on sandwiches. Or... you can add some salsa and Greek yogurt to it and make a nice little healthy fat sandwich spread!

Ok ok I'm done! For now...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20lbs of steak 40lbs of chicken. 120 dollars!! Should make this protocol a breeze...

More anabolic than steroids

ForumRunner_20120329_173747.png

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20lbs of steak 40lbs of chicken. 120 dollars!! Should make this protocol a breeze...

More anabolic than steroids

View attachment 54813
Those steaks look delicious, but a little fattier than I would suggest, personally! But, that is one sweet A$$ deal for sure!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those steaks look delicious, but a little fattier than I would suggest, personally! But, that is one sweet A$$ deal for sure!
He can still trim them a bit ...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He can still trim them a bit ...
Looks like some marbled Ribeye and there is no trimming that, just Fuggit, enjoy its marbled deliciousness, LoL!!!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I go with top sirloin or sirloin tip or inside round. Just picked up some elk and bison as well :)

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
So a few days back I brought up the whole cutting down ... If ur looking for an extra edge I didnt drop many calories to be honest ... I lowered my carb and fat intake and upped the protein ...
Now that's pretty basic stuff right? Well I tried the whole Yohimbine + Caffeine stack and it was ok
I think what honestly have me the real edge tho was the ECA stack ... Absolutely trimmed me down in a matter of days so if ur low in BF% an u wanna give some a try I recommend the ECA stack ... Just make sure u cycle it properly tho I wish I could give u numbers but along with both stacks in a matter of almost 3 weeks I went down from 193 to 188 13% bf to around 9.8% now

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea, ECA is potent as hell for me. Every 8-10 weeks of bulking ill run a "mini diet", and in 2 weeks with ECA it is ridiculous how much bloat, and fat I can lose with not increasing cardio, and a marginal shift in calories.

I probably respond better to EC than anything I have ever taken.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Yea, ECA is potent as hell for me. Every 8-10 weeks of bulking ill run a "mini diet", and in 2 weeks with ECA it is ridiculous how much bloat, and fat I can lose with not increasing cardio, and a marginal shift in calories.

I probably respond better to EC than anything I have ever taken.
I like it for it's energy, but it does nothing to decrease my appetite ,, I get more done but that's about it

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know his is prob a dumb quesiton but what exactly is the ECA stack lol

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
i know his is prob a dumb quesiton but what exactly is the ECA stack lol
Lol... how long have you been wanting to ask that?? You've been on here a while!! Hahaha!!
Ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
So a few days back I brought up the whole cutting down ... If ur looking for an extra edge I didnt drop many calories to be honest ... I lowered my carb and fat intake and upped the protein ...
Now that's pretty basic stuff right? Well I tried the whole Yohimbine + Caffeine stack and it was ok
I think what honestly have me the real edge tho was the ECA stack ... Absolutely trimmed me down in a matter of days so if ur low in BF% an u wanna give some a try I recommend the ECA stack ... Just make sure u cycle it properly tho I wish I could give u numbers but along with both stacks in a matter of almost 3 weeks I went down from 193 to 188 13% bf to around 9.8% now
Good advice, not suprising about increased fatloss while upping the protein while lowering fat and carbs as your getting a higher thermic effect from your food ;). I've just started pushing my fasting to 20 hours and i've noticed increased fatloss.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol... how long have you been wanting to ask that?? You've been on here a while!! Hahaha!!
Ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin

i knew i had seen it before, jsut wanted to make sure.....where to u get ephedrine isn i banned? and how much aspirin and when do you ake this...........jst curious to see hwo people dose this

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
i knew i had seen it before, jsut wanted to make sure.....where to u get ephedrine isn i banned? and how much aspirin and when do you ake this...........jst curious to see hwo people dose this
Primatene tablets have 25mg ephedrine I think,, 3-4 of those a day with a baby aspirin and 300mg caffeine from your favorite source

1newbie

Awards
Eca over oep/at2 for fat loss? Been using the latter on my low cal days and feel the effects, but mirror doesn't agree....

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Eca over oep/at2 for fat loss? Been using the latter on my low cal days and feel the effects, but mirror doesn't agree....
For me, I feel like AT2 is better than ECA, but I've also never used enough caffeine in my ECA stack. I really like the new AT2, it seems to really lean me out, and I can definitely feel it working.

After I use up this bottle of AT2 I may give ECA another shot with more caffeine

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
maybe I am an anomaly ,but, since ive switched to low carb ( under 50ish) per day, ive seen a difference between night and day concerning fatloss.

in a low carb state 24hrs a day every day, the alpha yohimbine can really do work as opposed to only being able to dose and reap benefits for a section of the day.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
maybe I am an anomaly ,but, since ive switched to low carb ( under 50ish) per day, ive seen a difference between night and day concerning fatloss.

in a low carb state 24hrs a day every day, the alpha yohimbine can really do work as opposed to only being able to dose and reap benefits for a section of the day.
Is the muscle and strength holding on pretty well too? Athletic performance is really the only reason I keep carbs up. It doesn't take long for my performance to go down once in ketosis.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Is the muscle and strength holding on pretty well too? Athletic performance is really the only reason I keep carbs up. It doesn't take long for my performance to go down once in ketosis.
my muscle and strength have been incredibly resilient through this phase of low carb/low calorie dieting.

i need someone to actually explain how this is :

i havent lost any weight this week ( no glycogen weight lost, even eating <50 carbs and doing an hour or more of cardio a day) but im noticeably leaner, and my strength has gone up! im also eating less than 2000 cals most days, and under 1500 for a few days. except for last night i think i had maybe 2200 lol. ( i started eating peanuts and i couldnt stop lol)

all of this is coming off of almost a 24 hr fast. I'm focusing as much as i can on getting lean at the moment, even at the expense of a little muscle loss. I do look flat , though, which sucks but im ok with it.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
For me, I feel like AT2 is better than ECA, but I've also never used enough caffeine in my ECA stack. I really like the new AT2, it seems to really lean me out, and I can definitely feel it working.

After I use up this bottle of AT2 I may give ECA another shot with more caffeine
I'd like to try at2, as it is oxyelite pro or clen are my top two burners, i can't stand eca stack.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
another note : don't judge me but, for the past week ive drank vodka every day lol!

maybe the vodka is helping with the dieting who knows. its completely counter intuitive , i know, but it's happening.

maybe unbeknownst to me, my horny goat weed, forskolin or aminos im taking are spiked with a PH lol

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
note number 2 : the vodka could be filling my glycogen back since it is chemically a carbohydrate afterall.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
note number 2 : the vodka could be filling my glycogen back since it is chemically a carbohydrate afterall.
So ur low carb ... How is ur Fat intake? ... Maybe ur doing too much bro ... Too much cardio, too lil calories ... If sit back and re think ur plan ... Last year I went to some extreme **** to drop to 8% and I was nice and ripped but lost so much muscle, not worth it ... I rather do a slow cut ... 1lb a week

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
So ur low carb ... How is ur Fat intake? ... Maybe ur doing too much bro ... Too much cardio, too lil calories ... If sit back and re think ur plan ... Last year I went to some extreme **** to drop to 8% and I was nice and ripped but lost so much muscle, not worth it ... I rather do a slow cut ... 1lb a week
if you read my previous post, i havent lost any weight...or noticeable amount and im noticeably leaner. my fat intake is high. at least 70/30 fat/protein!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I always look more ripped the day after drinking vodka its the carb with the dehydration factor.

However if its straight vodka, it may actually be burning as many calories as it contains, due to the fact that your liver is responsible for burning more calories than everything else in your body combined, and its having to process the alcohol.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
maybe the alcohol is dehydrating you?
my fat intake is about 70% of my diet. i havent lost any weight but im leaner and stronger than a week ago by a long shot.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow..... waht do ur meals look like, chicken wrapped in bacon covered in cheese dipped in blue cheese lol

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I always look more ripped the day after drinking vodka its the carb with the dehydration factor.

However if its straight vodka, it may actually be burning as many calories as it contains, due to the fact that your liver is responsible for burning more calories than everything else in your body combined, and its having to process the alcohol.
thats an interesting theory. i guess im just happy im maintaining strength and gaining strength on the big calorie deficit im in.

but its important to note that this isn't typical for me. i dont plan on drinking vodka every day for the duration of my cutting cycle. i just thought it was very weird how i could be losing fat constantly but gaining strength doing this style of dieting ( <100g protein/d)

and i dont need to hear any suggestions on how and why i need to add more protein to my diet. this is experimental. i guess you could say i am stretching the bounds of convention to find a point of equilibrium between losing fat and maintaining a pretty simple diet.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
wow..... waht do ur meals look like, chicken wrapped in bacon covered in cheese dipped in blue cheese lol
no. but that sounds amazing! ive been eating fatty meat balls and turkey bratworst. i just started adding in peanuts.

my supps are ECA, heat stack (alpha yohimbine), fish oil, vita E, green tea extract, highly dosed horny goat weed, forskolin, spirulina, chlorella, and a multi vitamin , magnesium, and im probably forgetting some stuff.

and taurine,leucine, alcar during my workouts

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
how much of a defici are yourunning?
by my calculations probably 800-1000 cals.......with cardio of course.

even in the low cal/carb state i maintain, cardio isn't a drag so i dont have a problem doing an hour to an hour and a half of it a day. hell i go to a huge university which requires me to walk for looooong amounts of time just to get to my class lol. im talking 15 minutes each way and i do that a couple times a day. so thats an hour of walking right there.......then i go to the gym and do eliptical in the morning at 6am before my 8am class

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like it for it's energy, but it does nothing to decrease my appetite ,, I get more done but that's about it
I don't get appetite suppression but that is not why I take it. I'm not a 40 year old woman who eats based on appetite. I eat what I calculate myself to eat, nothing more. If I ate to my appetite I'd be 400lbs.lol

That **** leans me up like nothing else. That is saying a lot since I feel 98% of otc supps are complete ****.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't get appetite suppression but that is not why I take it. I'm not a 40 year old woman who eats based on appetite. I eat what I calculate myself to eat, nothing more. If I ate to my appetite I'd be 400lbs.lol

That **** leans me up like nothing else. That is saying a lot since I feel 98% of otc supps are complete ****.
What sup r u guys speaking of?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wih this low protein im curious.......what does ur daily diet look like?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Green tea is good, but has anyone tried green coffee extract?! I read a paper concluding it a very effective supplement for fat loss. Just wondering whether anyone one here has used it.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Green tea is good, but has anyone tried green coffee extract?! I read a paper concluding it a very effective supplement for fat loss. Just wondering whether anyone one here has used it.
green coffee extract is in heat stack . thats what ive been taking. it was first used to my knowledge in USPs Recreate .

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Well for those interested, this week will be the test, im droppin vodka outa the equation. im curious to see if my weight drops and whether i continue to get leaner. also, whether im going to get leaner, quicker.

my hypothesis is that i will see much better results.

and yeah, this is all 'duh'. i shouldnt be drinkin vodka on a cutting cycle lol.

I'm most curious, though, how my gym performance will change.