Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big shout out to Controlled labs and company for allowing me to log their classic white flood.

IMG_4407.jpg

This was the second preworkout I ever used and the first one i liked :) I have probably tried over a hundred since that time but some of my best workouts I had were on the original white flood. Although my stim tolerance is semi-high atm I have high hopes for this. The formula hasn't changed which I like.

I am on a deficit but this will still be utilized as my regular pre (4-5 times a week). I was fortunate enough to get electric lemonade which was my favorite flavor. The original always left a metallic taste in my mouth but after using this yesterday and today i can't notice any metallic taste.

Effects after two uses

Energy-7.5 out of 10. nice dose of caffeine at 250mg which gives me a clean feel without the major jitters. Felt it onset about 20 min in, peaked at 40, and continued for an hour or two and slowly tapered off. no crash

focus- 8.5/10 GABA has always been good to me. It has a calming effect but a noticeable focus pick up for me. I get shortness of breath for about 5 minutes and then it subsides. Nice clean focus which allowed me to have a solid 45 minute workout.

Pump-7/10 Pumps were decent but my carbs have been low too. Nothing to write home about but they were still noticeable compared to no pre

Taste-9/10- still has a nice lemonade taste that is very refreshing to sip on. I normally down my pre but was able to take this over the course of 10 minutes or so and enjoyed every sip.

overall this is just the beginning but I really enjoy the effects. Nice clean energy, focus, with zero crash. Well done so far.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final review- 9/10
Overall I was very pleased with the white flood classic. It was just as good as I remembered. Over the years my preworkout tastes have changed and this one is a perfect balance for me. Too many of the new stims left me with a crash, headache, or overstimulation and not enough leaves me unmotivated. This was a perfect blend of stim, focus, and pump.

Energy-9/10 The energy from the formula always delivered. I nice steady pick me up 20 min in and peaked at about 45 minutes. The combination of caffeine and GABA creates a nice unique energy that gets me ready to workout without the jitters or nauseousness that accompanies many pres today. Wasn't over the top but a very clean energy without the crash.

Focus- 8.5/10- GABA is the main ingredient that provides the additional focus. provides a nice clear tunnel vision that will get most people in the zone. The nice thing about flood is that the focus is balanced with the energy. The focus isn't too much with no energy which will leave you wanting to watch a movie instead of workout.

pump-8/10- Had pretty good pumps even though it's arginine based. Vascularity and pump would last a few hours after ingestion. Didn't provide nitrate level pumps but still had more than an adequate amount.

endurance-7/10- this isn't a focal point of flood so the rating is to be expected. Some of the newer pre's with peak02 have been geared towards endurance but most of the time when I am lifting i don't need too much additional help in the endurance category.

negatives/side effects- none.

anyone looking for a mild pre that tastes amazing and has clean effects should check this out. Don't forget to save the CL labels too ;)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome man! In for final review!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit a nice full body circuit today. Like to throw these in a couple times a week while cutting. The flood had me feeling the energy about 20 minutes in and I had a decent pump going despite doing any real isolation movements. Endurance seemed to be enhanced as well.

10 push-presses
20 front squats
30 kettlebell swings
40 dumbbell snatches (alternating)
50 push-ups
40 dumbbell snatches (alternating)
20 front squats
10 push-presses

Had to omit two of the last lifts because I’m fat and was dying. Still had an amazing workout though :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have had two additional workouts (one yesterday and one today). Yesterday mainly consisted of HIIT with some pull ups and push ups in between. Looking to just change up training wherever I can as I have been in somewhat of a rut. Today was legs which was a pretty good workout before dinner with the fam. Effects are below.

Taste-9.5/10 seems to have even gotten better the past two time i have drank it :) very pleasant and palatable. Has almost a chick fil a lemonade taste :)

Pump-7.5/10 over the past two days. The pump blend seems to definitely enhance the pumps at a pretty good level. It isn't going to provide the level of nitratres but for me personally I don't like to take too many nitrates so this is right up my alley. I know arginine and pumps have been "debunked" but i always seem to get a decent pump from it.

Energy-8/10 Nice clean pick me up about 30 minutes in. No jitters and no crash. Just a clean long lasting energy that allows you to hit the weights with energy to spare post workout.

Focus-8/10-The blend is simple but I really notice the GABA. It puts me in a good mood and today had me rocking out in between sets lol. i workout in my garage so it's all good in the hood.

workout:
Workout- legs
Squats- 4 sets 12,10,8,6
leg extensions- 4 sets 15
calve raises-3 sets 25
hamstring curls-4 sets, 16,14,14,12
dumbell lunges-burnout with 30's
jump rope 5x100

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a nice morning chest workout before work and this stuff hit me really hard fasted. Still took about 20 min to kick in but had an extra 20% bump or so in the energy department. Also noticed a really good pump which was a little higher than the previous ratings. Was out there throwing weights around but still had to keep it down since the kiddos were asleep inside lol. Will post workout later tn.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Night workout after dinner. Had pasta and the pumps and endurance were enhanced substantially. Waiting about 2 hours after eating but the effects were in full force. Energy and focus were both 8/10 and pumps were probably 8.5 or 9. Still feel it a little but plan on going to bed in an hour or so.

Thus far I have nothing but positive things to say. It’s not an over the top pre but a nice clean pre that delivers in every aspect. Have been over the heavy stims lately and seem to have better workouts overall on the lighter ones these days.

Workout-
4x12 barbell curls
3x15 hammer curls
3x12 reverse curls
4x15 Triceps extensions
3x10 skull crushers
4x25 barbell wrist curls

Followed up with the ab roller 4x20.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
wrote down yesterdays workout and effects but will post them combined today as they are very similar in terms of effects.

workout yesterday-back/bi
Pull ups 4xfailure
Lat Pull downs 4x12,10,10,8
Alternating dumbbell rows 4x 14,12,10,8
barbell curl 4x12
alternating hammer curl 4x15
reverse curl 3x12,10,10
wrist curls with 35lb dumbells until failure.

todays Leg workout-
squats (go light due to knee injury) 5x18,15,15,15
quad extensions-4x12
ham curls 4x16,14,12,10
dumbell lunges 3x20
jump rope 3x100

Effects-overall I am enjoying the flood more and more as time goes on. It has been nice to have a more mild pre that delivers and doesn't have sides like some of the others. No constant need to check my BP, no rough crash,and also seems to have been putting me in a better mood. I feel like dmaa and dmha can make me much more moody during the comedown. The only thing that isn't a stand out in terms of effects is the pump. They still deliver but its not on the level of some other pre's out there. At this point i would recommend this pre to anyone looking for a well rounded clean stim pre. This pre became a fan favorite because it delivered then and it delivers now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like it has been as good for you as for me. I have been experimenting with dosage - took a scoop today and drank another half scoop over a 3-hour full body session today and it treated me really well still. Pump wasn't strong either for me but my work really wouldn't have produced one anyway.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have been a little under the weather but was able to get a little circuit workout in before bible study. Had been feeling sluggish due to the cold but the flood picked me up and I felt better than I have in about 4 days :) carbs have been sort of low but still had a killer chest pump which mainly came from pushups super-set with lying dumbbell press. One of the really good things about this version of flood is the ability to get amped for a workout but still able to fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Also have been enjoying the taste more and more as time progress. Interested to see how the other flavors stack up as I will be purchasing this after my tub runs out. Any feedback from those following and using a different flavor?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was only able to squeeze in cardio both days this weekend but I felt really good endurance. Much better than I have in a long time. Also had some people comment on my vascularity which is strange since I’m still pretty fat lol. Have a final week to hit the weights hard.

Still very happy with the product and will be keeping it in my frequent pre rotation.

If I had to give it an overall rAting this far it would be 9/10.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was able to get in a nice workout today before taking the kids out trick or treating. No need to elaborate to much on the effects as they have been consistent throughout. Good clean energy, nice pumps and endurance, and zero crash. I will have a more elaborate in depth review at the end of the week. Did not ice an uptick in body temp today despite it being much cooler out than it has been. Had me sweating nicely in the garage.

workout: Chest/Tris
flat bench 4x20,12,10,8
incline dumbbell press- 3x12
incline flys 4x20
close grip flat bench-3x12
tricep extensions-4x10
dips-3x to failure.

off to get ready for halloween! have safe night and enjoy your loved ones!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just had the 24/48 hour stomach bug run through our family over the last 3 and a half days. Finally feeling better and will prob be able to get a couple workouts in this weekend as well as a final review for everyone.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a decent leg workout today all things considered. Was light and short but didn’t want to over do it. Finally able to get some full meals in me last night and today. Final product review coming tomorrow. Workout below

Squats- 3 sets 12,10,10
leg extensions- 4 sets 12
Weighted calve raises-3 sets 15
hamstring curls-3 sets, 14,14,12
dumbell lunges-burnout with 30's

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
final review updated in the second post :)