THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA AT OLYMPUS LABS

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting discussion. My wish- please keep bsr around as it currently stands. Great product and will be part of my rotation going forward.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Furthermore, I do not think there is a longitudinal study on healthy adults on Na-R-ALA to show whether those things take place. I could be wrong, and I would be happy to see that research.I am aware of research that states it increases glycogen synthesis, however this is rat data so take it with a grain of salt.

The book "Antioxidants in Sport Nutrition" copyright 2015, Chapter 9 - Acute and Chronic Effects of Antioxidant Supplementation on Exercise Performance in "Antioxidants in Sport Nutrition" goes into the acute and chronic effects of antioxidants on exercise performance and goes into the both the negative and positive outcomes seen in research.

Here is a quick excerpt of the conclusion, "While not all studies have found positive results on exercise performance or adaptations, many investigations have demonstrated that antioxidant supplementation, particularly when combined as a ‘cocktail’, can have an ergogenic effect on both high intensity endurance and resistance exercise performance."
That is actually the book I was trying to remember when I posted my question. THANKS!!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very interesting discussion. My wish- please keep bsr around as it currently stands. Great product and will be part of my rotation going forward.
I'm looking foward to what they have in store. Exciting times!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are deriving all those effects by chronic supplementation of Na-R-ALA due to it being a potent antioxidant, I think you need to update your research on antioxidants and their role in exercise physiology. It's not so cut and dry and there is a balance that can be used to increase aerobic and anaerobic capacity.

Furthermore, the effects of Na-R-ALA cannot be constrained to one factor. In-vitro, yes it has been shown to be a potent anti-oxdiant, however in-vivo we are seeing a much more diverse picture. Studies have shown supplementation may stimulate glutathione synthesis, enhancing insulin signaling(which we all know how anabolic insulin is), and modulate the activity of other cell-signaling molecules and transcription factors(including translocation of GLUT receptors). This is far more complex and significant then just reducing it to its anti-oxidant properties, and then forming a conclusion based on just one aspect.

Furthermore, I do not think there is a longitudinal study on healthy adults on Na-R-ALA to show whether those things take place. I could be wrong, and I would be happy to see that research.I am aware of research that states it increases glycogen synthesis, however this is rat data so take it with a grain of salt.

The book "Antioxidants in Sport Nutrition" copyright 2015, Chapter 9 - Acute and Chronic Effects of Antioxidant Supplementation on Exercise Performance in "Antioxidants in Sport Nutrition" goes into the acute and chronic effects of antioxidants on exercise performance and goes into the both the negative and positive outcomes seen in research.

Here is a quick excerpt of the conclusion, "While not all studies have found positive results on exercise performance or adaptations, many investigations have demonstrated that antioxidant supplementation, particularly when combined as a ‘cocktail’, can have an ergogenic effect on both high intensity endurance and resistance exercise performance."
Fair call on the not so cut and dry comment, I really should have put the word "potentially" expect. Have any of those beneficial effects been shown in healthy humans? or has this all been in obese, insulin insensitive type 2 diabetics? You are right that there hasn't really been any direct studies on healthy, resistance trained individuals to the best of my knowledge.

I clearly stated in my post that these potential effects relate to insulin sensitive, healthy people. Ie most decent bodybuilders/athletes. The glycogen synthesis reducing effects have been demonstrated in this study http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/10/3001.full which tests ala in the presence of insulin in insulin sensitive rat muscle.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fair call on the not so cut and dry comment, I really should have put the word "potentially" expect. Have any of those beneficial effects been shown in healthy humans? or has this all been in obese, insulin insensitive type 2 diabetics? You are right that there hasn't really been any direct studies on healthy, resistance trained individuals to the best of my knowledge.

I clearly stated in my post that these potential effects relate to insulin sensitive, healthy people. Ie most decent bodybuilders/athletes. The glycogen synthesis reducing effects have been demonstrated in this study http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/10/3001.full which tests ala in the presence of insulin in insulin sensitive rat muscle.

Yes, they used athletic individuals in the performance based studies. I believe you can find it online if you dig around a bit.

Reading the article you posted, i would like to point out the main endpoint it was establishing. Yes you are right to point out it inhibited glycogen synthesis by, however the mechanism by which it did this is far more important. It did so by uncoupling the mitochondria and accelerated glucose oxidation. Meaning it was literally burning up glucose.

Furthermore, this article states that LA served as a pro-oxidant, which is the opposite of your original point(thus having to reverse your line of reasoning). The implication of increasing glucose oxidation via uncoupling is now more akin to a weight loss pathway by promoting oxidation. In the same article it also sites previous studies on its effectiveness on glucose uptake and insulin stimulated glucose metabolism in muscle. So though you are correct in your observation, I would argue the conclusion you drew from that observation based on the data presented in that article.

But I digress, i usually take rat studies with a grain of salt, especially with the ample amount of human data available. Cheers!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Had another awesome workout with Conquer today!! Crazy how something so good is going to be made better!!!

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would be.nice to remove sucralose and the colorings, no need for this stuff inside the pre

mountain1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So difficult to find Triumph anywhere, especially the Black Cherry or Strawberry Banana. I know your supposed to be coming out with a new and improved Triumph, but it can't release soon enough!!! Everytime I take this product my strength goes up a lot! I sure hope your not unknowingly changing it for the worse.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So difficult to find Triumph anywhere, especially the Black Cherry or Strawberry Banana. I know your supposed to be coming out with a new and improved Triumph, but it can't release soon enough!!! Everytime I take this product my strength goes up a lot! I sure hope your not unknowingly changing it for the worse.
Oh ye of little faith...worry not:).

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Sneak peak on stack3d has me ready for Re1gn. New packaging looks very nice

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Plus my kids would be so excited if I could be turned into a demigod like Maui!! Lol

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supplement facts label depth seems short? Is gonna be wide? Again we can't see all of it just a tiny glimpse of that. So I could be wrong.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supplement facts label depth seems short? Is gonna be wide? Again we can't see all of it just a tiny glimpse of that. So I could be wrong.
Very well dosed preworkout with plenty of ingredients :)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very well dosed preworkout with plenty of ingredients :)
Not questioning that at all. no doubt this will be an awesome pre!

More wondering if the lay out of the supplement fact is different then it used to be. Which is not an issue at all more just an observation that I could literally care less if true.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not questioning that at all. no doubt this will be an awesome pre!

More wondering if the lay out of the supplement fact is different then it used to be. Which is not an issue at all more just an observation that I could literally care less if true.
Don't overthink things like the size of the ingredient panel. You're not looking at a finalized label.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't care if there is one ingredient for 100 as long as it helps me get in a great workout!

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pleaseee no beta alanine please if it does then oh well..
I can't handle them tingle gainz

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a date for the full annoucement? Disclosure?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Will other new releases have product design similar to Re1gn.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You bet your ass they will!
Have you got a stacking guide, I think it be a good idea to add to the list. Like when to take each product, for newbies - depending on goals etc

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you got a stacking guide, I think it be a good idea to add to the list. Like when to take each product, for newbies - depending on goals etc
I'll need someone to expand the day to 26hrs lol

Stacking involves so many permutations that a guide gets difficult because everyone has different goals and budgets.
Message a rep for stacking advice and we'll design something for your specific needs.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll need someone to expand the day to 26hrs lol

Stacking involves so many permutations that a guide gets difficult because everyone has different goals and budgets.
Message a rep for stacking advice and we'll design something for your specific needs.
can you guys design a product that can give me wingz like redbull ?

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well in fairness the innovative stuff you & the rest of the R&D team pull out of your butts may seem random to other supplement companies ;)
This made ma laugh but damn...how true!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well in fairness the innovative stuff you & the rest of the R&D team pull out of your butts may seem random to other supplement companies ;)
Who would have thought that something that effective would come out of xtyler's butt? :lol:

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Who would have thought that something that effective would come out of xtyler's butt? :lol:
Is that why people say the product pills smell funny?!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
You don't need a supp for that. Heavy lat pulls, pull-ups, and rows will give you wingz;). Next question.
This man has been very helpful!! I'm learning and can be a pain in the butt with questions lol

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Noooooooo. Re1gn is due June 1st. I have surgery a week later!! I can't use it!!!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
OL Instagram is getting me hyped up for Re1gn!! Had a very productive workout with Conquer today!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I used my last sample of Conqu3r yesterday that I had been saving because my tub ran out awhile back. To say Re1gn has a lot to live up to is an understatement. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used my last sample of Conqu3r yesterday that I had been saving because my tub ran out awhile back. To say Re1gn has a lot to live up to is an understatement. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.
OL has never let you guys down in the past. No plans to start now. First we Conqu3red. Now we Re1gn. You guys will love it:head:

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tested the new stim in Reign. I was blown away. I think everyone will be very pleased

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cannot wait to try Reign! I love stim free CU and it is amazing how you can still get great focus and energy even with it being stim free. While I wish OL would keep a stim free version, I have nothing but faith in OL delivering a supreme product!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still just waiting on that new Tr1umph.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Super pumped for this. Hope it hits Australia quickly! :)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I tested the new stim in Reign. I was blown away. I think everyone will be very pleased
I don't believe you. You'll have to send me some to prove it.

Lol