Tell Us What You Would Like to see From SNS, CEL, Muscle Addiction, & XPG (2024 Edition)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What are your thoughts on the flood of interest in NMN and NAD+. To be honest I don't really understand what they both are but have heard they're great. I've also heard that most of the sources aren't actually good and it's a waste of money.
From a business perspective, the FDA has made it very clear that it doesn't consider NMN to meet the definition of a dietary supplements. Most cGMP contract manufacturers won't even consider making products with that in there, a lot of credit card processors have dropped brands for offering it, and some insurance companies are dropping brands for offering it.

It is also one of the most underdosed and outright counterfeited supplements on the market with many scam type brands not even attempting to meet label claims, which is why even before the FDA statement, you didn't see many legit brands even trying to offer it - bc no point doing it the right way and trying to compete with scam brands selling it for less than a legit one costs to make.

And from a personal perspective, I tried one that I do believe to be legit, and its the angriest a supplement has ever made me in my life - so I absolutely would never even consider trying it again myself.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Safe to say it’s in libido boost XT?
Not necessarily because we already use SA3X in Optimize-T, Spilanthes XT, Anabolic XT, and Cloma-Plex.

We were one of the first companies to use SA3X and really try to educate people on SA3X.

This kind of goes back to the conversation and decision making we were having in this thread about the price range and what to leave in versus take out - because in a perfect world formula, yes, it would be included.

However, like discussed, even you yourself as much as you're looking forward to it may not be willing to use it regularly if we fully loaded the formula out and it was at a higher price point.

I'm still deciding so still definitely open to opinions and discussion on it.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not necessarily because we already use SA3X in Optimize-T, Spilanthes XT, Anabolic XT, and Cloma-Plex.

We were one of the first companies to use SA3X and really try to educate people on SA3X.

This kind of goes back to the conversation and decision making we were having in this thread about the price range and what to leave in versus take out - because in a perfect world formula, yes, it would be included.

However, like discussed, even you yourself as much as you're looking forward to it may not be willing to use it regularly if we fully loaded the formula out and it was at a higher price point.

I'm still deciding so still definitely open to opinions and discussion on it.
I wouldn’t be upset if that ingredient left out seeing as I use optimize t and axt quite a bit.

Jensing

Awards
From a business perspective, the FDA has made it very clear that it doesn't consider NMN to meet the definition of a dietary supplements. Most cGMP contract manufacturers won't even consider making products with that in there, a lot of credit card processors have dropped brands for offering it, and some insurance companies are dropping brands for offering it.

It is also one of the most underdosed and outright counterfeited supplements on the market with many scam type brands not even attempting to meet label claims, which is why even before the FDA statement, you didn't see many legit brands even trying to offer it - bc no point doing it the right way and trying to compete with scam brands selling it for less than a legit one costs to make.

And from a personal perspective, I tried one that I do believe to be legit, and its the angriest a supplement has ever made me in my life - so I absolutely would never even consider trying it again myself.
Thanks for the feedback. I knew about the FDA issues and had heard there aren't a lot of legit products out there so that makes sense. I guess I'll pass on those for now. Thanks.

Johnanthab178

Johnanthab178

Awards
Man, Anabolic XT is the natty supp that surprised me the most. Like all time. Pumps, size, well-being
Stupidly incredible
same here I’ve been stacking it with pepti-plex and anabolic effect. The results are truly great. Anecdotally my workouts are a lot more enjoyable, better recovery and my muscles don’t look as flat. I can’t think of anything negative to say other than anabolic effect being out of stock ;(

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
same here I’ve been stacking it with pepti-plex and anabolic effect. The results are truly great. Anecdotally my workouts are a lot more enjoyable, better recovery and my muscles don’t look as flat. I can’t think of anything negative to say other than anabolic effect being out of stock ;(
Tracking shows Anabolic Effect arriving back in stock Monday :)

jmonda

Awards
Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS):

We have a lot of exciting things coming up under SNS, so many that it's almost a certainty that some of these may carry over into 2025.

SNS Single Ingredient Products:
  • Theracurmin XT – ready to be released.
  • PEA Relief (Palmitoylethanolamide) – ready to be released.
  • Huperzine A – 200 mcg. Capsules
  • A nootropic single ingredient that I can’t give out details on yet.
  • Senactiv XT - high dose Senactiv + AstraGin
  • Another branded ingredient that I can't give out the info on yet.
SNS Health Series Formulas:
  • Cholesterol Support XT
  • Libido Boost XT
  • Mood Support XT
  • Prostate Support XT
  • Sleep Support XT (melatonin free)
  • Digestive Health Products – there will be 2, maybe 3 products that will contain quite a few clinically researched branded ingredients and will be very unique and comprehensive.
  • A fruits/veggies capsule formula containing multiple clinically researched branded ingredients.
  • A multi-mushroom formula.
SNS Sports Nutrition Capsule Formulas:
  • Lean Edge Nite Burn
  • A very comprehensive & unique fat burner in process now
  • Tribulus Aquaticus/Prime type product that has been discussed here a lot.
  • An exciting single ingredient natural anabolic/recomp agent that we’ve been working on for a long time with a branded ingredient company.
  • A very comprehensive endurance formula designed to increase cardiovascular endurance, breathing, and VO2 Max.
SNS – Flavored Powders:
  • Focus XT (getting this back in stock by mid-Feb. is top priority right now)
  • Energized Aminos (getting it back in stock; slightly amended formula)
  • Daily Gains – the daily use ergogenic
  • Pre-Workout formula
  • Hydration product
  • EAA Formula
  • Intra/EAA – very unique and comprehensive formula
  • L-Carnitine Based Fat Loss Powder
  • Sleep Shot XT (flavored powder)
  • Fruits/Veggies/Greens Formula
  • Multi-Mushroom Formula
You know I can’t wait for focus xt to get back. Getting ready to start my last tub. Also excited about some of these other offerings.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know I can’t wait for focus xt to get back. Getting ready to start my last tub. Also excited about some of these other offerings.
I'm right there with you. I'm excited to get it back in stock myself - and also excited for some of the other things to come once we do have it fully restocked.

The first priority is getting it back in stock in all flavors, but then I have some other cool ideas I want to do with Focus XT. A lot of the planning process is already laid out, so it'll just depend on how well it sells as to how quickly some of it will come about.

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
I'm right there with you. I'm excited to get it back in stock myself - and also excited for some of the other things to come once we do have it fully restocked.

The first priority is getting it back in stock in all flavors, but then I have some other cool ideas I want to do with Focus XT. A lot of the planning process is already laid out, so it'll just depend on how well it sells as to how quickly some of it will come about.
Looking forward to having Focus XT back in stock, and seeing what you have planned for Focus XT variations. You know I'll have to try them all 🤣 My wife still asks weekly when to expect a Focus XT delivery

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to having Focus XT back in stock, and seeing what you have planned for Focus XT variations. You know I'll have to try them all 🤣 My wife still asks weekly when to expect a Focus XT delivery
I have several thoughts, but demand and sales will really dictate which ones happen.

Priority #1 is to get the existing flavors back in stock and it will take awhile to get cash flow back in from that; but then if all goes well, there are several things I'm considering including a capsule version, an ultra version, and a higher stim version.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
A knock-off derivative of the new formula in USPLabs 'Pink Magic' would be good :p. One of the best formula's I've used that I could actually "feel" a measurable difference on. Lots of high-profile and patented goodies. Something like it would make a good "Anabolic Xtreme" type of product, perhaps more suited for CEL. :)

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love supplements and I love helping people, that's what I like about this industry.

But there are many things I dislike about this industry and it seems to get worse rather than better - companies blatantly ripping people off by not meeting label claims and in some cases not even trying to; heck, a lot of companies not even doing basic heavy metals or microbial testing, etc. A lot of the companies selling on Amazon aren't even trying to meet label claims, they're just straight scams trying to make as much money as possible.

As someone that has been in this industry for a long time, there are very few brands I actually trust to use myself. And a lot of brands I at least trust their quality, I don't really like their formulas, but can at least respect that they meet label claims.
Kind of how I feel about Animal. I don’t love all their products but they have a few good ones and I at least trust they are what they say they are so I support them here and there. Outside of say SNS I trust very few others. For vitamins it’s usually solar ray, NOW, jarrow

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the suggestion.

The first protein flavors will be a great chocolate and vanilla - as those are just a must. The irony with proteins is that 90% of protein sales are chocolate and vanilla, but people always want to see a bunch of flavors - its like the unique flavors draw a lot of people in, even if they wind up buying Chocolate and Vanilla.

But I am trying to figure out 2 additional flavors in both types to add, and also considering a fruit flavored Clear Whey, so I welcome any suggestions.

For now, as far as strawberry protein, have you tried Ketogenics IsoWhey Strawberry? It's awesome imo. If you haven't, next time you order something from us, if you'll remind me, I'll throw you in a couple servings as long as you are cool with it being in a ziplock bag and with the disclaimer that its coming from me the person, not the company haha.
I love the idea of fruit flavored whey especially in summer. Also so much easier to add other products that are already fruit flavored as well. Ergopharm gf pro was amazing back in the day as well as the universal torrent flavors from what I remember a decade or so ago

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A knock-off derivative of the new formula in USPLabs 'Pink Magic' would be good :p. One of the best formula's I've used that I could actually "feel" a measurable difference on. Lots of high-profile and patented goodies. Something like it would make a good "Anabolic Xtreme" type of product, perhaps more suited for CEL. :)

We've had people request some of the older USP Labs type stuff and we have done Recomp20 and will shortly have Prime XT.

The ingredients that appeared to stand out on the label for Pink Magic the most were KSM-66 and Spilanthes, both of which we use in a couple different products. It was a prop blend but also had Maca in it along with a couple of liver support ingredients.

What do you mean by an Anabolic Xtreme type product? I haven't thought about them in forever, but I don't remember anything in the original Pink Magic formula correlating to anything by AX back then, but I could be remembering wrong.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The CEL joint product looks great! I will be ordering that! What’s the price point?
Joint Edge is 39.99 and then there are various discounted multi-pack options.

That's an example of one where we intentionally went low margin on for people to be able to better afford and try it. Most of the Tamaflex supplements alone are 39.99 to 49.99 for that one ingredient and Joint Edge also adds NEM, Boswellin Super, CurcuPrime, and more.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards

We've had people request some of the older USP Labs type stuff and we have done Recomp20 and will shortly have Prime XT.

The ingredients that appeared to stand out on the label for Pink Magic the most were KSM-66 and Spilanthes, both of which we use in a couple different products. It was a prop blend but also had Maca in it along with a couple of liver support ingredients.

What do you mean by an Anabolic Xtreme type product? I haven't thought about them in forever, but I don't remember anything in the original Pink Magic formula correlating to anything by AX back then, but I could be remembering wrong.
It has a number of interesting and patented ingredients that aren't in Anabolic XT or Anabolic Effect. I was just making up a random name for the product, hypothetically, lol :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Kind of how I feel about Animal. I don’t love all their products but they have a few good ones and I at least trust they are what they say they are so I support them here and there. Outside of say SNS I trust very few others. For vitamins it’s usually solar ray, NOW, jarrow
I agree with that about Universal. I'm not a fan of most of their formulas, but I trust them to meet label claims. And I do understand why they keep their formulas very simple and basic - because when a company is their size, being out of a specialty ingredient could be catastrophic, so brands like that tend to keep it very simple for that reason.

Thank you for the faith and kind words.

For vitamins, for me, its usually NOW Foods, Nature's Way (which is owned by same company that owns Solaray), Jarrow, & Life Extension.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love the idea of fruit flavored whey especially in summer. Also so much easier to add other products that are already fruit flavored as well. Ergopharm gf pro was amazing back in the day as well as the universal torrent flavors from what I remember a decade or so ago
Thank you for the input. I like the idea of fruit flavors as well. It's slightly more expensive than regular whey protein, mainly because there is more that has to be done cost wise from a production standpoint like ingredients to make it not froth up, etc. - but it would be worth it for me as much protein as I drink and in the summer, especially if I'm outside, I can't do the milk type flavors as much.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with that about Universal. I'm not a fan of most of their formulas, but I trust them to meet label claims. And I do understand why they keep their formulas very simple and basic - because when a company is their size, being out of a specialty ingredient could be catastrophic, so brands like that tend to keep it very simple for that reason.

Thank you for the faith and kind words.

For vitamins, for me, its usually NOW Foods, Nature's Way (which is owned by same company that owns Solaray), Jarrow, & Life Extension.
Deja vu!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It has a number of interesting and patented ingredients that aren't in Anabolic XT or Anabolic Effect. I was just making up a random name for the product, hypothetically, lol :)
I read that originally as thinking you meant the original Pink Magic formula, so that's what I was looking at.

Hi-Tech owns USP Labs now and the new formula for Pink Magic is very different.

We use some of those ingredients in different formulas, but some of them I wouldn't offer.

Eucommia Ulmoides - we have in Anabolic XT.

Their second ingredient they list as Tribulus, but then call it TestoSurge, which is odd bc TestoSurge is a standardized Fenugreek, not a Tribulus. We offer regular Tribulus Terrestris as our Tribulus-750 product that people really like, and we will be offering a Tribulus Aquaticus very soon.

For Fenugreek, I prefer Furosap because it has great clinicals and there was an independent study that compared the testosterone boosting effects of a variety of herbal ingredients and it showed Furosap to be the strongest out of the Fenugreek ones tested.

I do appreciate the idea though. Definitely open to suggestions.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
I read that originally as thinking you meant the original Pink Magic formula, so that's what I was looking at.

Hi-Tech owns USP Labs now and the new formula for Pink Magic is very different.

We use some of those ingredients in different formulas, but some of them I wouldn't offer.

Eucommia Ulmoides - we have in Anabolic XT.

Their second ingredient they list as Tribulus, but then call it TestoSurge, which is odd bc TestoSurge is a standardized Fenugreek, not a Tribulus. We offer regular Tribulus Terrestris as our Tribulus-750 product that people really like, and we will be offering a Tribulus Aquaticus very soon.

For Fenugreek, I prefer Furosap because it has great clinicals and there was an independent study that compared the testosterone boosting effects of a variety of herbal ingredients and it showed Furosap to be the strongest out of the Fenugreek ones tested.

I do appreciate the idea though. Definitely open to suggestions.
Yes, you're correct, that is probably a labelling error on their part.

My apologies, I must not have been clear. What I was saying is that some of the ingredients in the new Pink Magic formulation could make for good ideas on any second version of an Anabolic Effect or XT. I was half-heartedly calling it 'Anabolic Xtreme': not specifically referencing an actual product called Anabolic Xtreme, if one exists.

It does have some good ingredients, particularly Rhaponticum and Diosterol and the MacaPure.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, you're correct, that is probably a labelling error on their part.

My apologies, I must not have been clear. What I was saying is that some of the ingredients in the new Pink Magic formulation could make for good ideas on any second version of an Anabolic Effect or XT. I was half-heartedly calling it 'Anabolic Xtreme': not specifically referencing an actual product called Anabolic Xtreme, if one exists.

It does have some good ingredients, particularly Rhaponticum and Diosterol and the MacaPure.
The reason the Anabolic Xtreme part confused me was because Anabolic Xtreme was the name of a company that was popular back when USP Labs was originally popular.

Diosterol is actually a trademark of Hi-Tech's so no one one besides one of their companies or a company that they make products for can use that. It is a Dioscorea Nipponica Makino extract.

MacaPure is a a confusing issue bc there are a couple companies that claim to have the tm for that, and then there used to be a branded ingredient company that did, but they stopped marketing it. In general, Maca is a good ingredient but needs to be dosed pretty high for best results.

I'm always open to suggestions and we do have several new natural anabolics due out this year. There are no plans for doing any changes to Anabolic XT or Anabolic Effect though as they are both very popular products.

The couple natural anabolics that we have planned for this year are unique because they will work in different pathways than either of those and differently than 99% of the existing products on the market in that category.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of people seemed to like the old LG Natadrol. Anything in the works similar to that? Or maybe this is kind of what the planned Natty-bolic will be like?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A lot of people seemed to like the old LG Natadrol. Anything in the works similar to that? Or maybe this is kind of what the planned Natty-bolic will be like?
I honestly don't remember what their original formula was. I know it changed a couple times, and one was predominantly Cissus.

Do you remember what was in the original?

Nattybolic is going to be a really cool and unique product and I don't think any of the ingredients that are going to be in it were available back when the original Natadrol was around.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
I honestly don't remember what their original formula was. I know it changed a couple times, and one was predominantly Cissus.

Nattybolic is going to be a really cool and unique product and I don't think any of the ingredients that are going to be in it were available back when the original Natadrol was around.
Got an ETA for Nattybolic yet, Steve?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got an ETA for Nattybolic yet, Steve?
Not an exact one because it will contain a new branded ingredient, so there are some logistical things with the branded ingredient company that we're waiting on before we can move it into production.

It will be within the next few months, but I can't give an exact on it yet.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Here's the OG Formula:

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Proprietary Blend

Natadrol Complex 550mg
Androgenic Fraction
Tinospora Cordifolia (Highly Specialized Ethanolic Extract) **
Anabolic Factor
Cissus Quadrangularis (Highly Standardized) **
pSARM CoFactors
Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis (Highly Standardized)
Curculigo Orchioides (Highly Standardized)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here's the OG Formula:

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Proprietary Blend

Natadrol Complex 550mg
Androgenic Fraction
Tinospora Cordifolia (Highly Specialized Ethanolic Extract) **
Anabolic Factor
Cissus Quadrangularis (Highly Standardized) **
pSARM CoFactors
Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis (Highly Standardized)
Curculigo Orchioides (Highly Standardized)
Thank you. That's the one that I had seen.

I honestly didn't then and still don't now understand how that could give even remotely close to any of the results that some people said they received from it.

Also, when researching the Tinospora Cordifolia, I can't even understand how they got the info for the claims they made on it. I'm used to seeing companies making some real stretches of information from studies, but this goes beyond what I'm even used to seeing companies make, even back then.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any chance we'll be seeing any other ingredients from Nuritas in future products? Looks like they've got a couple other cool things other than the PeptiStrong.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you for the input. I like the idea of fruit flavors as well. It's slightly more expensive than regular whey protein, mainly because there is more that has to be done cost wise from a production standpoint like ingredients to make it not froth up, etc. - but it would be worth it for me as much protein as I drink and in the summer, especially if I'm outside, I can't do the milk type flavors as much.
I've been a fan of the clear since it came out. I drink it vs EAAs which I save for intra. I keep a steel jug with me most times. There's that recent study about no ceiling for protein intake. More the better. So I think something like clear whey will only get more popular as others come to the same conclusions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any chance we'll be seeing any other ingredients from Nuritas in future products? Looks like they've got a couple other cool things other than the PeptiStrong.
Most of the ingredients that they have listed on their website aren't available at this time; they list ingredients that are in various stages of research and development. But yes, I have a great relationship with them and look forward to using other ingredients by them in the future.

One that is available, but isn't a supplement and isn't used in many things yet, is their PeptiYouth, which is a cosmetic ingredient for aging, wrinkles, etc. It isn't available in hardly anything yet, but that's something I'm very interested in for when we do an anti-aging/longevity brand. That brand/sub-brand is something I'm very passionate about and its of great personal interest to me and I do hope to have it done this year, but I keep having to have self help talks with myself and make myself focus on the existing brands and getting sales up and actually making money to fund it haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've been a fan of the clear since it came out. I drink it vs EAAs which I save for intra. I keep a steel jug with me most times. There's that recent study about no ceiling for protein intake. More the better. So I think something like clear whey will only get more popular as others come to the same conclusions.
I thought about one of my and your discussions we had had about sipping on protein thru the day and very high protein intakes when I saw that study.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Most of the ingredients that they have listed on their website aren't available at this time; they list ingredients that are in various stages of research and development. But yes, I have a great relationship with them and look forward to using other ingredients by them in the future.
Sleep/Nourish were the ones that initially caught my eye.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you. That's the one that I had seen.

I honestly didn't then and still don't now understand how that could give even remotely close to any of the results that some people said they received from it.

Also, when researching the Tinospora Cordifolia, I can't even understand how they got the info for the claims they made on it. I'm used to seeing companies making some real stretches of information from studies, but this goes beyond what I'm even used to seeing companies make, even back then.
Ya this was one of the most head scratching formulas I’d ever seen. 😂

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
the original pink magic contained massularia. as i recall it added an additional 10lbs to my bench. decent and noticable pumps from the other ingredient too, a unique pump. nothing like Tribulus aquaticus, which is going to blow minds and PR's upon re-release

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I want you people to remember that about half the people polled on here reported that tribulus aquaticus met product claims, which included the words "the ultimate muscle pill" and "supraphysical strength" on the bottle and another, what 30% of people who wouldnt go that far stated they would still recommend it to others.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the original pink magic contained massularia. as i recall it added an additional 10lbs to my bench. decent and noticable pumps from the other ingredient too, a unique pump. nothing like Tribulus aquaticus, which is going to blow minds and PR's upon re-release
I really don't remember a lot of feedback on the original Pink Magic, but I had gotten confused and he was talking about the formula now anyway; which though does still show 300 mg. of Massularia. But in researching that ingredient, the most info I came up with was on libido and it was still pretty iffy as to whether it helped from one person to the next.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Hi Steve,

Here's two ideas for you. Some food for thought.

1) Would you consider manufacturing a straight-up Na-RALA? It's not the most uncommon product obviously, but I find it increasingly challenging to find a good company that sells Na-RALA exclusively - properly dosed - and especially difficult for those of us not living in the USA.

2) Perhaps a standalone Byroviron (Bryonia Laciniosa) product. Likely can't be in an existing formula, since it has to be dosed higher (similar to Anacyclus). But, perhaps a good standalone (?)

--
I know there's a lot of talk about SNS and potential protein powders and carb powders on here, but IMHO there's already a multitude of companies that provide products like this. Sure, many of them are trash, but there are still many that are soundly good products. Contrary to the other 90%+ of your products, where you offer superior products. I feel people would order a few times out of "taste curiosity", then probably slowly pull back on frequency. Plus, very few people internationally would order WPI because the shipping would be enormous (due to the weight), and not be overly worthwhile given how commonplace WPI is in stores, amazon, etc. For example, you can't really get more high quality than a 90%+ WPI that's naturally sweetened from New Zealand, and those products are very common. Something to keep in mind.

The only way I could see a protein powder having longevity is if you did a combination of uncommon ingredients, like beef isolate/egg white powder/micellar casein/native milk powder, etc. In this instance, you could fill the void in the market of a "fast/medium/slower" digesting protein product, and most combination products have a shyt ton of fillers.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi Steve,

Here's two ideas for you. Some food for thought.

1) Would you consider manufacturing a straight-up Na-RALA? It's not the most uncommon product obviously, but I find it increasingly challenging to find a good company that sells Na-RALA exclusively - properly dosed - and especially difficult for those of us not living in the USA.

2) Perhaps a standalone Byroviron (Bryonia Laciniosa) product. Likely can't be in an existing formula, since it has to be dosed higher (similar to Anacyclus). But, perhaps a good standalone (?)

--
I know there's a lot of talk about SNS and potential protein powders and carb powders on here, but IMHO there's already a multitude of companies that provide products like this. Sure, many of them are trash, but there are still many that are soundly good products. Contrary to the other 90%+ of your products, where you offer superior products. I feel people would order a few times out of "taste curiosity", then probably slowly pull back on frequency. Plus, very few people internationally would order WPI because the shipping would be enormous (due to the weight), and not be overly worthwhile given how commonplace WPI is in stores, amazon, etc. For example, you can't really get more high quality than a 90%+ WPI that's naturally sweetened from New Zealand, and those products are very common. Something to keep in mind.

The only way I could see a protein powder having longevity is if you did a combination of uncommon ingredients, like beef isolate/egg white powder/micellar casein/native milk powder, etc. In this instance, you could fill the void in the market of a "fast/medium/slower" digesting protein product, and most combination products have a shyt ton of fillers.

Just my two cents.
@sns8778 I second the vote for a stand alone Na-RALA. I currently purchase Allmax’s Na-RALA but if SNS came out with one I would buy Steve’s product. Allmax’s product lists it as 150 mg of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Yielding 125 mg of Active R (+) ALA Isomer). I add 1 capsule along with my GDA and I feel it makes a difference.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 I second the vote for a stand alone Na-RALA. I currently purchase Allmax’s Na-RALA but if SNS came out with one I would buy Steve’s product. Allmax’s product lists it as 150 mg of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Yielding 125 mg of Active R (+) ALA Isomer). I add 1 capsule along with my GDA and I feel it makes a difference.
Have you tried SNS Glycophase??? 100mg of Na-R-ALA in that GDA combo, along with 150mg ALA, 500mg Berberine HCL, and more:

It’s a very capable GDA, having used bottles of it personally.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Have you tried SNS Glycophase??? 100mg of Na-R-ALA in that GDA combo, along with 150mg ALA, 500mg Berberine HCL, and more:

It’s a very capable GDA, having used bottles of it personally.
ALA is quite ineffective, as it contains the S-isomer. R-ALA is far more stable, K-RLA is even more stable, and Na-RALA is the most stable and bioavailable.

ALA is actually borderline useless, as it contains 50-50 S- and R+ isomers. The research is quite clear on ALA being exorbitantly more ineffective than R-ALA and other forms. In fact, some studies even show that ALA and the S-isomer do more "harm" than good, in the context for what someone is trying to solve.

ALA is probably 1/10th the price, and most consumers don't know the difference. So, most manufacturers use ALA over R-ALA and especially over Na-RALA.

Na-RALA is most optimally dosed between 300-600mg, so there is a legitimate need for it independently, if enough people want it, and of course, if Steve sees the need.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ALA is quite ineffective, as it contains the S-isomer. R-ALA is far more stable, K-RLA is even more stable, and Na-RALA is the most stable and bioavailable.

ALA is actually borderline useless, as it contains 50-50 S- and R+ isomers. The research is quite clear on ALA being exorbitantly more ineffective than R-ALA and other forms. In fact, some studies even show that ALA and the S-isomer do more "harm" than good, in the context for what someone is trying to solve.

ALA is probably 1/10th the price, and most consumers don't know the difference. So, most manufacturers use ALA over R-ALA and especially over Na-RALA.

Na-RALA is most optimally dosed between 300-600mg, so there is a legitimate need for it independently, if enough people want it, and of course, if Steve sees the need.
I understand that it doesn’t meet your specific needs, which is why I didn’t quote you, but he said he feels a difference adding 125mg R-ALA to his GDA of choice.

So depending on cost, taking a serving of Glycophase could be a better and/or cheaper all-in-one GDA option for him. The thing he desires might already exist for him.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
I understand that it doesn’t meet your specific needs, which is why I didn’t quote you, but he said he feels a difference adding 125mg R-ALA to his GDA of choice.

So depending on cost, taking a serving of Glycophase could be a better and/or cheaper all-in-one GDA option for him. The thing he desires might already exist for him.
Totally understand. I was just trying to expand, for people who may not understand the difference. I'm not sure how many people would purchase ALA or products with ALA if they understood the difference(s).

In fact, if it were up to me, I would omit ALA entirely in GlycoPhase, but that's just my view and my personal opinion.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
the half-life on na-r-ala is like 2o hours, ala is about 20 minutes. i thought only one company made it, maybe that changed

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
the half-life on na-r-ala is like 2o hours, ala is about 20 minutes. i thought only one company made it, maybe that changed
I don't know who "makes it", but there's quite a few companies that have standalone Na-RALA in the US, and a lot more R-ALA. Na-RALA as far I was know was brought to the market in the early 1990s by AOR.

Having said that, it isn't easy to find Na-RALA outside the US. I think it would be a great standalone in the SNS product line. It's a staple for myself, and a lot of people in the fitness community.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who "makes it", but there's quite a few companies that have standalone Na-RALA in the US, and a lot more R-ALA. Na-RALA as far I was know was brought to the market in the early 1990s by AOR.

Having said that, it isn't easy to find Na-RALA outside the US. I think it would be a great standalone in the SNS product line. It's a staple for myself, and a lot of people in the fitness community.
geronova.