Tell Us What You Would Like to see From SNS, CEL, Muscle Addiction, & XPG (2024 Edition)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 I second the vote for a stand alone Na-RALA. I currently purchase Allmax’s Na-RALA but if SNS came out with one I would buy Steve’s product. Allmax’s product lists it as 150 mg of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (Yielding 125 mg of Active R (+) ALA Isomer). I add 1 capsule along with my GDA and I feel it makes a difference.
Thanks. I would be open to it if there was enough demand for it, but honestly there doesn't seem to be much. At one time, there were a few companies that made one and most stopped bc of lack of sales on it.

One important note is that Allmax's is R-ALA, not Na-R-ALA. Na-R-ALA is significantly more expensive.

We do use 100 mg. Na-R-ALA along with 150 mg. regular ALA in GlycoPhase.

Have you tried SNS Glycophase??? 100mg of Na-R-ALA in that GDA combo, along with 150mg ALA, 500mg Berberine HCL, and more:

It’s a very capable GDA, having used bottles of it personally.
Thank you. I love GlycoPhase myself. It is a great GDA formula and contains ingredients that help target improved insulin sensitivity and other benefits from a variety of angles.

ALA is quite ineffective, as it contains the S-isomer. R-ALA is far more stable, K-RLA is even more stable, and Na-RALA is the most stable and bioavailable.

ALA is actually borderline useless, as it contains 50-50 S- and R+ isomers. The research is quite clear on ALA being exorbitantly more ineffective than R-ALA and other forms. In fact, some studies even show that ALA and the S-isomer do more "harm" than good, in the context for what someone is trying to solve.

ALA is probably 1/10th the price, and most consumers don't know the difference. So, most manufacturers use ALA over R-ALA and especially over Na-RALA.

Na-RALA is most optimally dosed between 300-600mg, so there is a legitimate need for it independently, if enough people want it, and of course, if Steve sees the need.
Na-R-ALA has better oral bioavailability than regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, but to say that regular ALA is ineffective is not true. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of clinical studies done on regular Alpha Lipoic Acid. I do feel that Na-R-ALA is better, but there's way too much research and evidence on regular ALA having positive benefits to say it isn't effective at all.

Na-R-ALA is the better form, but it's exponentially more expensive by comparison.

I have looked into this before, and the issue with an Na-R-ALA supplement at the 300 mg. to 600 mg. dosing range is that no one would want to pay that price for one - including me, because at the price it would cost, people could buy full on formulas like GlycoPhase.

I understand that it doesn’t meet your specific needs, which is why I didn’t quote you, but he said he feels a difference adding 125mg R-ALA to his GDA of choice.

So depending on cost, taking a serving of Glycophase could be a better and/or cheaper all-in-one GDA option for him. The thing he desires might already exist for him.
I definitely agree that GlycoPhase is a great GDA and seems like it may meet his needs very well.

Totally understand. I was just trying to expand, for people who may not understand the difference. I'm not sure how many people would purchase ALA or products with ALA if they understood the difference(s).

In fact, if it were up to me, I would omit ALA entirely in GlycoPhase, but that's just my view and my personal opinion.
I'm all for discussing Na-R-ALA but not at the expense of bashing Alpha Lipoic Acid.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there are literally hundreds of studies on regular Alpha Lipoic Acid for every study done on Na-R-ALA.

I do agree that Na-R-ALA is the better form, but that doesn't mean that regular ALA is bad.

And also, as far as the GlycoPhase formula goes, we use both for several reasons - 1) A lot of the research is on Alpha Lipoic Acid itself, and 2) Using ALA and Na-R-ALA together allows us to provide a higher dosage total, and 3) Na-R-ALA doesn't need to be dosed super high when combining it with other GDA's.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi Steve,

Here's two ideas for you. Some food for thought.

1) Would you consider manufacturing a straight-up Na-RALA? It's not the most uncommon product obviously, but I find it increasingly challenging to find a good company that sells Na-RALA exclusively - properly dosed - and especially difficult for those of us not living in the USA.

2) Perhaps a standalone Byroviron (Bryonia Laciniosa) product. Likely can't be in an existing formula, since it has to be dosed higher (similar to Anacyclus). But, perhaps a good standalone (?)

--
I know there's a lot of talk about SNS and potential protein powders and carb powders on here, but IMHO there's already a multitude of companies that provide products like this. Sure, many of them are trash, but there are still many that are soundly good products. Contrary to the other 90%+ of your products, where you offer superior products. I feel people would order a few times out of "taste curiosity", then probably slowly pull back on frequency. Plus, very few people internationally would order WPI because the shipping would be enormous (due to the weight), and not be overly worthwhile given how commonplace WPI is in stores, amazon, etc. For example, you can't really get more high quality than a 90%+ WPI that's naturally sweetened from New Zealand, and those products are very common. Something to keep in mind.

The only way I could see a protein powder having longevity is if you did a combination of uncommon ingredients, like beef isolate/egg white powder/micellar casein/native milk powder, etc. In this instance, you could fill the void in the market of a "fast/medium/slower" digesting protein product, and most combination products have a shyt ton of fillers.

Just my two cents.
Thank you for the suggestions.

I replied above about Na-R-ALA. I would be open to it if enough people wanted one, but it has been a bad seller and discontinued sku for most companies that have offered it.

Na-R-ALA is so expensive for legit raws that if you look at the 300 mg. to 600 mg. dosing range, there are just imo honestly better ingredients available. And really, at that pricing, one can buy formulas for the price it would be. I think that's why it hasn't found a lot of success as a single ingredient.

I would be open to a Byroviron if enough people wanted it, but I think we've only been asked for that maybe 2 or 3 times ever. I'm open to it, it would just depend on demand.

As for the protein, from a business standpoint, we get asked for a protein more than the total of everything else we get asked for combined. It may be more commonplace and it may not be as exciting as discussing some other ideas and product types, but protein is something that almost everyone that works out uses so the market is exponentially bigger than any other sports nutrition supplement type. It's low margin, and I do agree that some people will try it a time or two and go back to bouncing around between brands; there's nothing I can do about that. But there are some people that are loyal customers to our brands that tell us all the time that they wish we would offer a protein and a multi so that they wouldn't have to buy anything else from other brands at all. I appreciate that type of loyalty and intend to provide them the products they want.

The protein decisions have been made and we will be offering a WPI and a zero carb WPI/Micellar Casein blend. We are also considering doing a couple flavors of clear whey/fruit flavors.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Thanks. I would be open to it if there was enough demand for it, but honestly there doesn't seem to be much. At one time, there were a few companies that made one and most stopped bc of lack of sales on it.

One important note is that Allmax's is R-ALA, not Na-R-ALA. Na-R-ALA is significantly more expensive.

Thank you. I love GlycoPhase myself. It is a great GDA formula and contains ingredients that help target improved insulin sensitivity and other benefits from a variety of angles.

Na-R-ALA has better oral bioavailability than regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, but to say that regular ALA is ineffective is not true. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of clinical studies done on regular Alpha Lipoic Acid. I do feel that Na-R-ALA is better, but there's way too much research and evidence on regular ALA having positive benefits to say it isn't effective at all.

Na-R-ALA is the better form, but it's exponentially more expensive by comparison.

I have looked into this before, and the issue with an Na-R-ALA supplement at the 300 mg. to 600 mg. dosing range is that no one would want to pay that price for one - including me, because at the price it would cost, people could buy full on formulas like GlycoPhase.

I definitely agree that GlycoPhase is a great GDA and seems like it may meet his needs very well.

I'm all for discussing Na-R-ALA but not at the expense of bashing Alpha Lipoic Acid.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there are literally hundreds of studies on regular Alpha Lipoic Acid for every study done on Na-R-ALA.

I do agree that Na-R-ALA is the better form, but that doesn't mean that regular ALA is bad.

And also, as far as the GlycoPhase formula goes, we use both for several reasons - 1) A lot of the research is on Alpha Lipoic Acid itself, and 2) Using ALA and Na-R-ALA together allows us to provide a higher dosage total, and 3) Na-R-ALA doesn't need to be dosed super high when combining it with other GDA's.
I'm sorry Steve, I respectfully disagree with you. ALA, R-ALA, K-ALA and Na-RALA are effectively the same foundational ingredient, so I wasn't really bashing the supplement, but rather, the form. There is a difference in supplementation, even though it sounds similar. For example, there are different bioactive forms of many vitamins and minerals. Speaking negatively about a form, is not the same as speaking negatively about the actual vitamin or mineral. There is a fine line, and there is a difference.

ALA contains 50/50 R+ and and S- which is a racemic enantiomer that is chemically bounded. There have been countless studies that show the S- isomer competes with the R+, thereby drastically reducing the benefits of the R+ isomer. Any benefits you see on ALA, is effectively and solely as a result of the R+ enantiomer, but the benefits are far reduced, because it competes with the S- chemically [and synthetic] bounded enantiomer.

So, yes, while ALA isn't "totally useless", you're essentially paying for a product that is 50% less effective with a potentiality of the S- isomer competing, reducing positive effects even further. R-ALA is really not that expensive, and if consumers knew the difference, they'd never buy it. Further, because of this, you have to take double to triple the dosage, which basically makes ALA almost the same cost as R-ALA for the consumer.

Any positive benefits from ALA, is from the R+ isomer, so why not use the isomer that's beneficial - which exists. That's my point.

Once more consumers are educated on the differences, they'd certainty gravitate towards R-ALA and even Na R-ALA. It's really no different than educating people on any ingredient or product that one company has superior to another.

Either way, thanks for your response, and I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

Jutah518

Awards
First off, thank you to SNS and CEL for the large selection. I love the product diversity. Currently utilizing SNS Creatine HCL, Glucovantage XT, Urolith-B XT, MitoBurn XT Epi-Plex, and FuroSap XT.
I'd be nice to have the FuroSap in a 60 count bottle, if that's something you'd consider?

Jutah518

Awards
First off, thank you to SNS and CEL for the large selection. I love the product diversity. Currently utilizing SNS Creatine HCL, Glucovantage XT, Urolithin-B XT, MitoBurn XT Epi-Plex, and FuroSap XT.
I'd be nice to have the FuroSap in a 60 count bottle, if that's something you'd consider?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm sorry Steve, I respectfully disagree with you. ALA, R-ALA, K-ALA and Na-RALA are effectively the same foundational ingredient, so I wasn't really bashing the supplement, but rather, the form. There is a difference in supplementation, even though it sounds similar. For example, there are different bioactive forms of many vitamins and minerals. Speaking negatively about a form, is not the same as speaking negatively about the actual vitamin or mineral. There is a fine line, and there is a difference.

ALA contains 50/50 R+ and and S- which is a racemic enantiomer that is chemically bounded. There have been countless studies that show the S- isomer competes with the R+, thereby drastically reducing the benefits of the R+ isomer. Any benefits you see on ALA, is effectively and solely as a result of the R+ enantiomer, but the benefits are far reduced, because it competes with the S- chemically [and synthetic] bounded enantiomer.

So, yes, while ALA isn't "totally useless", you're essentially paying for a product that is 50% effective with a potentiality of the S- isomer competing, reducing positive effects even further. R-ALA is really not that expensive, and if consumers knew the difference, they'd never buy it.

Any positive benefits from ALA, is from the R+ isomer, so why not similar use the isomer that's beneficial. which exists. That's my point.

Once more consumers are educated on the differences, they'd certainty gravitate towards R-ALA and even Na R-ALA. It's really no different than educating people on any ingredient or product that one company has superior to another.

Either way, thanks for your response sir, and I'll leave it there.
No worries, I'm fine with discussing it. I'll elaborate a little more here.

I do understand where you're coming from, but at a certain point advanced forms of things becomes cost prohibitive and also at a certain cost of a raw material, there are just other things that are better ingredients.

Your reply to me makes it seem like you may be under the impression I'm not familiar with these ingredients or at least not aware of how familiar with these ingredients that I am.

I got my start in the industry doing formulation and raw material sourcing for other brands over 20 years ago. I have multiple brands of my own now, but still do raw material sourcing and formulation for over a dozen brands, some of which are much much larger than my own. I also consult with some of the largest branded ingredient and raw material suppliers in the world.

I did formulation for one of the first brands to ever launch an R-ALA supplement, and I've known people at Geronova, the company that holds the patent and introduced Na-R-ALA to the market, ever since Na-R-ALA was still in development stages.

Your statement:
ALA, R-ALA, K-ALA and Na-RALA are effectively the same foundational ingredient, so I wasn't really bashing the supplement, but rather, the form. There is a difference in supplementation, even though it sounds similar. For example, there are different bioactive forms of many vitamins and minerals. Speaking negatively about a form, is not the same as speaking negatively about the actual vitamin or mineral. There is a fine line, and there is a difference.

I'm very well aware of the different forms. I'm also one of the first people to write about the heat degradation issues of R-ALA and also consulted with a large raw material supplier that was working to correct that issue over 15 years ago.

My point was that any way you look at it, its indisputable that regular Alpha Lipoic Acid is by far the most well researched form - there are literally hundreds of studies on regular Alpha Lipoic Acid for every one on another form.

As I stated above several times, I do feel that Na-R-ALA is a better form, but that does not mean that regular Alpha Lipoic Acid is not effective as well. There are hundreds of studies showing that it is.

I'm not disagreeing if its better - I'm saying that at a certain point it becomes price prohibitive or that other ingredients simply become a better value for the money. That's all.

Your stated:
R-ALA is really not that expensive, and if consumers knew the difference, they'd never buy it.

R-ALA is 2x to 3x the cost of regular Alpha Lipoic Acid and its very important for brands to be very selective as to the supplier they choose for this because some of it is exceptionally heat sensitive and may wind up being regular ALA by the time it gets into the customers hands to begin with.

^^^ that is not an opinion - its been stated by some of the largest Alpha Lipoic Acid suppliers in the world.

Na-R-ALA - is up to 8x as expensive as regular Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Is it better? Yes.
Is it worth 8x the price? That's individual opinion.

^^^ for me personally, before I'd spend 30 to 40 on Na-R-ALA, I'd buy a comprehensive GDA like GlycoPhase or GlucoVantage XT.

It's not that Na-R-ALA isn't good; its just that at a certain price I'd spend my money on other things - that's all I was saying.

I would be much more likely to do an R-ALA product than an Na-R-ALA product because I think it would sell better because of the price point. The issue though is that there are a lot of R-ALA products on the market from scam/fly by night brands that don't even attempt to meet label claims, which is unfortunately a huge issue with a lot of single ingredient items now days.

If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, NOW Foods has tested many Amazon brands for different ingredients and posted the results, showing that many don't come anywhere close to label claims. Their most recent testing was testing various Berberine supplements and some popular Amazon brands had less than 40% of label claim.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First off, thank you to SNS and CEL for the large selection. I love the product diversity. Currently utilizing SNS Creatine HCL, Glucovantage XT, Urolithin-B XT, MitoBurn XT Epi-Plex, and FuroSap XT.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad that you like the products.

I really try to avoid doing different sizes on products now days if possible, but had been considering doing some discounted multi-packs with Furosap XT and would be glad to do that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The next new product release is going to be Lean Edge Nite Burn, which is one that I'm looking very forward to.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wish berberine and berberine hcl didn’t mess with my stomach. Not worth the bloat and gas. Not sure if it makes sense to release any type of gda without them or how effective it would be but always an interest in mine

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wish berberine and berberine hcl didn’t mess with my stomach. Not worth the bloat and gas. Not sure if it makes sense to release any type of gda without them or how effective it would be but always an interest in mine
GlucoVantage XT is a great option for people that regular berberine bothers their stomach.

GlucoVantage is Dihydroberberine which has much better oral bioavailability than regular berberine and without the digestive upset that some get with regular berberine.

You can find a lot of great feedback on it on here.

The CEL GDA that will be coming out this year will have GlucoVantage in it rather than regular Berberine as well, but it will have a ton more in it too. I haven't discussed that one, I don't even think I mentioned it in the upcoming products for this year. It's going to be truly unique and will be a GDA for people that really want to make the most out of their carbs and love carbs. There will not be any other GDA like it in that it will address GDA benefits in a unique variety of pathways. I'm not one for sales pitches or overhyping anything and that's part of why I haven't mentioned it yet, but when combined with a moderate to high carb to fuel it, this is going to be truly special. But it will not be for everyone and will be too strong for some people.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
GlucoVantage XT is a great option for people that regular berberine bothers their stomach.

GlucoVantage is Dihydroberberine which has much better oral bioavailability than regular berberine and without the digestive upset that some get with regular berberine.

The CEL GDA that will be coming out this year will have GlucoVantage in it rather than regular Berberine as well, but it will have a ton more in it too. I haven't discussed that one, I don't even think I mentioned it in the upcoming products for this year. It's going to be truly unique and will be a GDA for people that really want to make the most out of their carbs and love carbs. There will not be any other GDA like it in that it will address GDA benefits in a unique variety of pathways. I'm not one for sales pitches or overhyping anything and that's part of why I haven't mentioned it yet, but when combined with a moderate to high carb to fuel it, this is going to be truly special. But it will not be for everyone and will be too strong for some people.
Excited for this release, that's awesome to hear. Be interested to hear the diffferences/ situations to use cel gda vs glycophase. Consuming 550+ carbs a day and glycophase works like a charm, I will definitely be buying some to try out when it's released

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
The next new product release is going to be Lean Edge Nite Burn, which is one that I'm looking very forward to.
Perfect timing. My wife is getting ready to transition to a calorie deficit shortly, so she'll be giving this a go when it's released. Didn't realize this one was coming out so soon

Last edited:

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I have several thoughts, but demand and sales will really dictate which ones happen.

Priority #1 is to get the existing flavors back in stock and it will take awhile to get cash flow back in from that; but then if all goes well, there are several things I'm considering including a capsule version, an ultra version, and a higher stim version.
I’ve never got a chance to try Focus XT yet, but I like the sounds of a higher stim version! 😀

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh ****, you know i love your GlycoPhase. Cant wait to see how this looks.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Sorry I meant Dihydroberberine and berberine hcl. I have Glucovantage as well and while it is better on the stomach I can expect to have bloat and gas all day after ingestion. Metformin is the absolute worst even after weeks of use. Guess whatever pathway involved with these just doesn’t work for me. Been using mitoburn as a substitute for blood sugar control

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Excited for this release, that's awesome to hear. Be interested to hear the diffferences/ situations to use cel gda vs glycophase. Consuming 550+ carbs a day and glycophase works like a charm, I will definitely be buying some to try out when it's released
Glycophase is a great product and is so underrated on here. It's great for whether a person is cutting, bulking, lean bulking, recomp, etc.

As both SNS and CEL grow, we need certain types of products under both brands bc a lot of the general customer base for them is completely different - and sometimes it creates issues where a product under one brand is so good, its hard to formulate something under the other that would be any better. For example, M-Test and Optimize-T are both great products, we just had to make them different - and one may work better for one person and the other for another.

GlycoPhase is great and the CEL GDA I don't consider to be an improvement over that, just very different - and as with many things, some are going to like one better and others will like the other better. One big distinction will be that GlycoPhase is versatile and can be used by people on lower to moderate carbs whereas I wouldn't use the CEL one on low carbs bc I think it may would be too strong.

I'd love to hear how you like it when released at that carb intake - it is going to have amazing potential for that carb range.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Perfect timing. My wife is getting ready to transition to a calorie deficit shortly, so she'll be giving this a go when it's released. Didn't realize this one was coming out so soon
I'd love to hear her feedback on it.

It just arrived yesterday so its here. Just finishing up a couple things to prepare for its release.

Reactions: jh1
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve never got a chance to try Focus XT yet, but I like the sounds of a higher stim version! 😀
Focus XT is a great product.

The higher stim version is going to be very interesting and very unique - it will take the nootropic benefits of focus and combine it with some very targeted stims. It's important to be selective with stims when wanting to maximize nootropic benefits because some stims will work well with nootropics, but some will just overs-stim/overpower them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry I meant Dihydroberberine and berberine hcl. I have Glucovantage as well and while it is better on the stomach I can expect to have bloat and gas all day after ingestion. Metformin is the absolute worst even after weeks of use. Guess whatever pathway involved with these just doesn’t work for me. Been using mitoburn as a substitute for blood sugar control
Ah, that's a different story then - that's an issue related to method of action moreso than the ingredient itself.

We actually have a single ingredient product coming out that may work great for you in the next couple of months; but I couldn't promise it because the method of action is slightly different but still close.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT is a great product.

The higher stim version is going to be very interesting and very unique - it will take the nootropic benefits of focus and combine it with some very targeted stims. It's important to be selective with stims when wanting to maximize nootropic benefits because some stims will work well with nootropics, but some will just overs-stim/overpower them.
I’m very excited to see this one

LucasBagoDoce

Awards

I replied above about Na-R-ALA. I would be open to it if enough people wanted one, but it has been a bad seller and discontinued sku for most companies that have offered it.

Na-R-ALA is so expensive for legit raws that if you look at the 300 mg. to 600 mg. dosing range, there are just imo honestly better ingredients available. And really, at that pricing, one can buy formulas for the price it would be. I think that's why it hasn't found a lot of success as a single ingredient.

I would be open to a Byroviron if enough people wanted it, but I think we've only been asked for that maybe 2 or 3 times ever. I'm open to it, it would just depend on demand.

As for the protein, from a business standpoint, we get asked for a protein more than the total of everything else we get asked for combined. It may be more commonplace and it may not be as exciting as discussing some other ideas and product types, but protein is something that almost everyone that works out uses so the market is exponentially bigger than any other sports nutrition supplement type. It's low margin, and I do agree that some people will try it a time or two and go back to bouncing around between brands; there's nothing I can do about that. But there are some people that are loyal customers to our brands that tell us all the time that they wish we would offer a protein and a multi so that they wouldn't have to buy anything else from other brands at all. I appreciate that type of loyalty and intend to provide them the products they want.

The protein decisions have been made and we will be offering a WPI and a zero carb WPI/Micellar Casein blend. We are also considering doing a couple flavors of clear whey/fruit flavors.
Love the idea of having a few clear wpi flavors. Always fun to bounce in between regular wpi and clear wpi.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love the idea of having a few clear wpi flavors. Always fun to bounce in between regular wpi and clear wpi.
I could mix it with my sns creatine hcl and other products. With so many powders and caps anything helps. Probably take 15 sns caps or more daily alone. Especially in Georgia summers. At 90 + degrees the last thing want a heavy shake post workout

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ah, that's a different story then - that's an issue related to method of action moreso than the ingredient itself.

We actually have a single ingredient product coming out that may work great for you in the next couple of months; but I couldn't promise it because the method of action is slightly different but still close.
Yeah exactly what I was thinking it’s more method of action based. I will say though that out of all the GDAs I’ve tried glycoadvantage is the only one I could tolerate. Been using y’all’s mitoburn, apex alchemy topical NA-R-ALA, and jarrow bitter melon as a substitute currently. If there is another product I’m missing from y’all for this purpose please let me know. Definitely excited for the new one. At the end of these releases I’m going to be getting 20 SNS bottles a month. My wife found my two giant rubber made bins of old sns bottles I’ve been meaning to send labels in for and about fell over

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah exactly what I was thinking it’s more method of action based. I will say though that out of all the GDAs I’ve tried glycoadvantage is the only one I could tolerate. Been using y’all’s mitoburn, apex alchemy topical NA-R-ALA, and jarrow bitter melon as a substitute currently. If there is another product I’m missing from y’all for this purpose please let me know. Definitely excited for the new one. At the end of these releases I’m going to be getting 20 SNS bottles a month. My wife found my two giant rubber made bins of old sns bottles I’ve been meaning to send labels in for and about fell over
I'm glad that you tolerated GlucoVantage XT better than other forms.

We are doing to be doing a single ingredient product, technically a single ingredient + Bioperine, in the next couple months that will be very good for blood sugar control and I think you may like it. Honestly, the only way to tell if you'll be able to tolerate it from a method of action standpoint though is to try it. Once nice thing is that the dose requires more than 1 capsule, so you can always go lower on the dose if needed. I can't say what it is yet bc its a branded ingredient though.

And thank you - I really appreciate the support. You're welcome to send those labels in any time - hopefully she wasn't upset haha.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

And I for one am looking forward to the protein release!

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote

@sns8778 You are right. Allmax's is R-ALA, not Na-R-ALA. My apologies.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You are right. Allmax's is R-ALA, not Na-R-ALA. My apologies.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love supplements and I love helping people, that's what I like about this industry.

But there are many things I dislike about this industry and it seems to get worse rather than better - companies blatantly ripping people off by not meeting label claims and in some cases not even trying to; heck, a lot of companies not even doing basic heavy metals or microbial testing, etc. A lot of the companies selling on Amazon aren't even trying to meet label claims, they're just straight scams trying to make as much money as possible.

As someone that has been in this industry for a long time, there are very few brands I actually trust to use myself. And a lot of brands I at least trust their quality, I don't really like their formulas, but can at least respect that they meet label claims.
Never one to pass up an opportunity to poo on amazon..........lets say I own an antique mall. Vendors rent spots and ply their wares. I rent a spot to a person who fraudulently sells reproductions as if they are originals. This is brought to my attention, yet not only do I continue to rent a spot to them I rent ten other booths to others doing the exact same thing....................I would ABSOLUTLEY be legally culpable in the FRAUD. It DOES NOT matter if 90% of the booths are good to go and the regular customers know which ones to avoid and only the weekend tourists get scammed...................................

Buy SNS, Buy CEL, Buy Muscle Addiction, Buy XPG, just don't buy them on amazon if you care about being respected as a consumer. /rant

As to what I want to see from the above brands???? More of everything! Personally looking forward to the libido product!

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Hey Steve,

I know you've talked about an eye health formula, which got me thinking...

Perhaps a standalone Citrus Bergamot could be a good one. Imperative product for those on PHs alongside a PCT, or just for anyone looking to add to an anti-inflammation/cholesterol support stack. Also pretty difficult to find as a standalone.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You are right. Allmax's is R-ALA, not Na-R-ALA. My apologies.
No worries at all. I understand that stuff like this can be super confusing.

R-ALA is a good ingredient and much more cost effective than Na-R-ALA.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey Steve,

I know you've talked about an eye health formula, which got me thinking...

Perhaps a standalone Citrus Bergamot could be a good one. Imperative product for those on PHs alongside a PCT, or just for anyone looking to add to an anti-inflammation/cholesterol support stack. Also pretty difficult to find as a standalone.
The problem with Citrus Bergamot is so many scam type companies making it and selling it for prices that are less than legit products would cost to make. Heck, even some of the more pricey ones that sell well are from brands that have been shown to have a history of not meeting label claims. (Not dismissing your idea at all; just explaining why you don't see some legit companies even bothering).

If you are looking for it as a stand alone, NOW Foods Cholesterol Pro would be my choice.

I don't think its that good of an ingredient for inflammation honestly - I think there are far better things like NEM Eggshell Membrane, Palmitoylethanolamide, TamaFlex, Boswellin Super, etc.

I do think its a great ingredient for cholesterol and it will be part of the upcoming Cholesterol Support XT Formula.

I'm very excited for our eye health formula as that's an issue that's very significant to me. It's not the greatest selling of categories, so there are some projects prioritized in front of it though. It's an example of a category that its a lot easier to take things to prevent or deter issues from happening, but people commonly wait until there's already a problem to start taking something for it and then its much harder to help.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I never had any positive results with citrus bergamot. Used Jarrows which is NSF tested. I've seen others write it off too as useless. I think it was overhyped but would love more info if you think it's a good ingredient @sns8778

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never had any positive results with citrus bergamot. Used Jarrows which is NSF tested. I've seen others write it off too as useless. I think it was overhyped but would love more info if you think it's a good ingredient @sns8778
No, I agree that it was way overhyped.

I think that it is a good cholesterol support ingredient but that its way overhyped in general.

For example, it will be a part of the Cholesterol Support XT formula, but only one small component of it. I think it does help, but does its best work along with other ingredients that help a lot on their own also.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Not to change the topic to PHs, so I won't expand too much, but, I know quite a few people that had good results taking Citrus Bergamot that were coming off 1-Andros which elevates LDL cholesterol in a lot of people. But, like any natural supplement, you have to try what works. Beta Sitosterol and Pantetheine can also help. I just mentioned Citrus Bergamot, because good quality is hard to find.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not to change the topic to PHs, so I won't expand too much, but, I know quite a few people that had good results taking Citrus Bergamot that were coming off 1-Andros which elevates cholesterol ratios in a lot of people. But, like any natural supplement, you have to try what works. Beta Sitosterol and Pantetheine can also help. I just mentioned Citrus Bergamot, because good quality is hard to find.
There are definitely a lot of quality issues with Citrus Bergamot. I've only used the NOW Foods one personally and only used it in conjunction with the ingredient combination that we will be using in Cholesterol Support XT.

I think its a great example of an ingredient that is plagued by two issues - 1) being way overhyped and creating unrealistic expectations, and 2) some terrible quality products that likely don't meet label claims &/or use terrible specs to begin with to cut costs.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
There are definitely a lot of quality issues with Citrus Bergamot. I've only used the NOW Foods one personally and only used it in conjunction with the ingredient combination that we will be using in Cholesterol Support XT.

I think its a great example of an ingredient that is plagued by two issues - 1) being way overhyped and creating unrealistic expectations, and 2) some terrible quality products that likely don't meet label claims &/or use terrible specs to begin with to cut costs.
Yup fair enough. I'm looking forward to your eye formula, personally. 🥳

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not to change the topic to PHs, so I won't expand too much, but, I know quite a few people that had good results taking Citrus Bergamot that were coming off 1-Andros which elevates LDL cholesterol in a lot of people. But, like any natural supplement, you have to try what works. Beta Sitosterol and Pantetheine can also help. I just mentioned Citrus Bergamot, because good quality is hard to find.
Appreciate the info. I only have my exp and what I've read from those who don't like it. I probably had higher expectations too.

Looking forward to seeing that new formula.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Good to know. Been using the Jarrrow for a few months and it’s not cheap. Haven’t had blood work since starting to confirm any results so maybe I finish this out and not resupply

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good to know. Been using the Jarrrow for a few months and it’s not cheap. Haven’t had blood work since starting to confirm any results so maybe I finish this out and not resupply
Jarrow is a good brand. I haven't seen theirs to know the standardization or dose, but I do trust that it would have in it whatever the label says. I always use NOW Foods personally whenever they have something I'm looking for, so that's what I went with.

I do think its a good ingredient for cholesterol support, but I think it works much much better when there are other bases that are covered for it attacking different angles if that makes sense. I'll explain it a little more in depth when we release Cholesterol Support XT, which should be in the production process now or within the next week or two.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any chance we'll be seeing any other ingredients from Nuritas in future products? Looks like they've got a couple other cool things other than the PeptiStrong.
Sleep/Nourish were the ones that initially caught my eye.
I thought I was right, but wanted to confirm for you before I posted this - but PeptiNourish is PeptiStrong, just a different name for it and is the name more targeted to the functional food side of things.

PeptiSleep is scheduled for a Q4 release for them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have used a lot of the Jarrow Citrus Bergamot in the past, and saw about 3-5 point HDL increase on my bloodwork whenever adding in 1-2g daily for some months.

The thing people don’t consider, is when your HDL is low in the 30s, 4 points is over 10% increase. If your HDL is 60, who cares, but if it’s chronically low, 30 vs 34 is statistically significant. This amount lines up with what I’ve heard claimed by others generally too.

But I think a lot of people do expect it to be the total solution for low HDL, rather than being something that can help make a difference in the big picture when used with other nutraceuticals, like Steve mentioned. If you can afford it, I feel it has a place in a stack for dyslipidemia.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have used a lot of the Jarrow Citrus Bergamot in the past, and saw about 3-5 point HDL increase on my bloodwork whenever adding in 1-2g daily for some months.

The thing people don’t consider, is when your HDL is low in the 30s, 4 points is over 10% increase. If your HDL is 60, who cares, but if it’s chronically low, 30 vs 34 is statistically significant. This amount lines up with what I’ve heard claimed by others generally too.

But I think a lot of people do expect it to be the total solution for low HDL, rather than being something that can help make a difference in the big picture when used with other nutraceuticals, like Steve mentioned. If you can afford it, I feel it has a place in a stack for dyslipidemia.
I think that people are going to be extremely pleased with their results on Cholesterol Support XT.

I posted my numbers last year when I did the test run on the ingredients initially and the best testament I can give on that is that my doctor had me redo my bloodwork to make sure it was correct bc of the improvements.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think that people are going to be extremely pleased with their results on Cholesterol Support XT.

I posted my numbers last year when I did the test run on the ingredients initially and the best testament I can give on that is that my doctor had me redo my bloodwork to make sure it was correct bc of the improvements.
Do you think Cholesterol Support XT can lower ApoB a decent amount? I need it lowered a lot because I have genetically high Lp(a). Unfortunately, I think a statin is inevitable. I'm going to decrease carbs some and raise unsaturated fats some while incorporating a plant based protein powder and see where that puts me in 5 months. Luckily my calcium score was 0 so no heart disease any time soon. I already eat super healthy and exercise a ton so my non-drug options are limited.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you think Cholesterol Support XT can lower ApoB a decent amount? I need it lowered a lot because I have genetically high Lp(a). Unfortunately, I think a statin is inevitable. I'm going to decrease carbs some and raise unsaturated fats some while incorporating a plant based protein powder and see where that puts me in 5 months. Luckily my calcium score was 0 so no heart disease any time soon. I already eat super healthy and exercise a ton so my non-drug options are limited.
I do think that it will have the potential to, and one particular ingredient in it has some really good research on lowering ApoB levels. If you'll remind me when we release it, I'll go more into detail about the research on that one particular ingredient for that for you.

Also, there is actually some really good research on curcumin for it. If you don't use Elite Curcumin, that is something that you should look at incorporating into your regimen. It is great for a lot of things, but there's some good research on curcumin and ApoB and Elite Curcumin uses 3 different advanced absorption forms of curcumin in it.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do think that it will have the potential to, and one particular ingredient in it has some really good research on lowering ApoB levels. If you'll remind me when we release it, I'll go more into detail about the research on that one particular ingredient for that for you.

Also, there is actually some really good research on curcumin for it. If you don't use Elite Curcumin, that is something that you should look at incorporating into your regimen. It is great for a lot of things, but there's some good research on curcumin and ApoB and Elite Curcumin uses 3 different advanced absorption forms of curcumin in it.
Appreciate the reply. As far as Curcumin, I already religiously take Joint Support XT.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the reply. As far as Curcumin, I already religiously take Joint Support XT.
Thank you, that's great to hear. Joint Support XT has 500 mg. of C3 Curcumin Complex in it, which is the most well researched advanced form of curcumin.

If you were taking curcumin for ApoB, you could likely benefit from taking 1 capsule of Elite Curcumin per day added to it. I don't think you'd need the full 2 capsule dose, which just helps it be more cost effective as the bottle would last twice as long. The studies I saw on Curcumin and ApoB, the dosage translation would be pretty high if I'm not mistaken, but I think Joint Support XT + 1 Elite Curcumin per day would cover it.

I want to clarify so I don't confuse anyone reading - you could absolutely take 2 caps of Elite Curcumin with Joint Support XT per day if you wanted to; I was just suggesting 1 cap because it would be more cost effective and along with the dose in Joint Support XT would put you in the studied range for your particular issue.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, that's great to hear. Joint Support XT has 500 mg. of C3 Curcumin Complex in it, which is the most well researched advanced form of curcumin.

If you were taking curcumin for ApoB, you could likely benefit from taking 1 capsule of Elite Curcumin per day added to it. I don't think you'd need the full 2 capsule dose, which just helps it be more cost effective as the bottle would last twice as long. The studies I saw on Curcumin and ApoB, the dosage translation would be pretty high if I'm not mistaken, but I think Joint Support XT + 1 Elite Curcumin per day would cover it.

I want to clarify so I don't confuse anyone reading - you could absolutely take 2 caps of Elite Curcumin with Joint Support XT per day if you wanted to; I was just suggesting 1 cap because it would be more cost effective and along with the dose in Joint Support XT would put you in the studied range for your particular issue.
To add to that, those concerned with reversing LVH (from strength training or AAS use) want a higher dose as well, something more like 750-1,250mg/day depending on bodyweight (just going off memory). Nothing wrong with a gram per day!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thank you.

I'm not sure - it would really just depend on demand.

I'm always open to ideas for single ingredient products, but we are definitely more focused on formulas now days.

There are a couple of reasons for that, and a big one is that the market is plagued by a lot of single ingredient products now days that don't even try to meet label claims and its impossible for companies to compete with that. This has become extremely prevalent in cases where people will go on Amazon and just search an ingredient and buy the cheapest thing they find or the one that has the best search results - and many times the price looks too good to be true, and that's because it is because the brands aren't meeting label claims and sometimes not even putting any at all of the claimed ingredient.

Business practices like that, and people rewarding the brands that do it by buying their products, deter legitimate brands from being nearly as interested in the single ingredient market anymore.

I'll go on there sometimes and look at the price of something and know what the Amazon fee is and its simple math because I know what the products cost to make and I'll wind up just shaking my head bc I know its impossible.

NOW Foods has been doing a lot of testing of brands on there for the last year or more and the results are very eye opening. They are testing a lot of the Amazon based brands and many of the brands you never see or hear of outside of there, and a few that you do. Just last month they tested berberine supplements and here was the result:
18 of the 33 brands tested contained less than 40% of labeled potency. That's more than half of all brands tested that didn't even contain a mediocre 40% level of potency. 7 of the 33 tested samples had 1% or less of Berberine potency in each product

Notable examples - I've seen people here on AM recommend NutraVein and Nutriflair and their products were 26% and 16% of label claims.

Don't take my post wrong - I appreciate the suggestion and I'm definitely open to suggestions on single ingredient supplements that people would like to see from us. I just wanted to explain why we are more discerning as far as doing new single ingredient ones now days.
I've been saying it for years, but SNS products are BY far the best on the market. For me, it's not even close.

I just wish they were accessible in my corner of the world, because they definitely deserve to be