Tell Us What You Would Like to See From SNS & CEL (2023 Edition)

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
I think you may be confusing me with someone else - I've never said that I don't like Turkesterone - I'm actually taking Ecdy-Plex right now myself which has Beta Ecdysterone & Turkesterone in it.

It's ARA that I can't take personally because I have an inflammatory autoimmune condition, but I think its a great ingredient for people that can take it. A lot of people love our X-Gels product, which is high potency ARA.

The problem with putting natural anabolics in protein is that different people take different amounts of protein shakes per day - so things either wind up being underdosed or overdosed depending on the amount one consumes. Plus, people have different goals so its important when doing a protein, for us to think about it in terms of what will appeal to the most people.

I love natural anabolics, but I believe in proper dosing and that's why I think its important to offer properly dosed products that people can use to take them the way that they are supposed to.

I do appreciate the suggestion. I just wanted to explain why from a business standpoint, its best for protein to just be protein.
Ok I must have gotten confused with someone else but the rest makes sense although I think an ergonine type product (no protein) would be good. Speaking for myself it’s too much hassle to separately combine basic ingredients like creatine, beta alanine etc etc. So a product that could just deliver all this in a single scoop would be convenient for me for sure.

Btw with the autoimmune condition, I know it’s off track for what you created the thread for, but I have family with various autoimmune conditions (skin, joint related ones) and my pops also developed one out of the blue in the last few months (he’s 69!).

Weirdly enough I found that a drug treating one condition which it’s licensed for also showed good efficacy for another which doesn’t really have a treatment for at all. Digging into it a bit more, I came across some research on turmeric and a few others that have broad anti-inflammatory effects.

Maybe there’s something worth looking into there for you.

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ok I must have gotten confused with someone else but the rest makes sense although I think an ergonine type product (no protein) would be good. Speaking for myself it’s too much hassle to separately combine basic ingredients like creatine, beta alanine etc etc. So a product that could just deliver all this in a single scoop would be convenient for me for sure.

Btw with the autoimmune condition, I know it’s off track for what you created the thread for, but I have family with various autoimmune conditions (skin, joint related ones) and my pops also developed one out of the blue in the last few months (he’s 69!).

Weirdly enough I found that a drug treating one condition which it’s licensed for also showed good efficacy for another which doesn’t really have a treatment for at all. Digging into it a bit more, I came across some research on turmeric and a few others that have broad anti-inflammatory effects.

Not sure if you’ve seen, but SNS actually already has a great curcumin product called Elite Curcumin(curcumin is the beneficial constituent in turmeric for anti-inflammatory benefits). I’m sure Steve can/will expand more on that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

No worries. I try to stay out of the drama here on AM of people arguing over Arjuna Turkestanica and Beta Ecdysterone because most people on here bashing it don't want to learn anything about it, they just want to be right; so I avoid the subject because you can't teach or educate anyone on a subject they don't want to learn about.

But we offer Ecdy-Plex which has Turkesterone and Beta Ecdysterone in it under CEL, and then we offer them individually under Muscle Addiction as Turkesterone-750 and Beta Ecdysterone-500.

As for a daily use ergogenic, we are going to be offering one - the name will be Daily Gains.

As someone with an autoimmune condition myself, I've done a lot of research on the subject. When it comes to curcumin, we offer our Elite Curcumin product which has 3 clinically researched branded forms of curcumin in it + more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure if you’ve seen, but SNS actually already has a great curcumin product called Elite Curcumin(curcumin is the beneficial constituent in turmeric for anti-inflammatory benefits). I’m sure Steve can/will expand more on that.
Thank you. I think that a lot of people on here overlook Elite Curcumin for some reason. It's a very special product and addresses the absorption issues with curcumin from multiple angles.

For anyone interested, the write up is very in depth:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would like to see a multiple bottle discount on the SNS website for creatine HCL capsules.
Will do. I'll try to get that set up today - I'll email graphic artist for a 6 bottle and 12 bottle image now.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Id like to see a tribulus aquaticus extract out again. I imagine nobody wants to try and sell it when so many suppliers confuse it with TT. I thought USP labs Prime was epic

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Id like to see a tribulus aquaticus extract out again. I imagine nobody wants to try and sell it when so many suppliers confuse it with TT. I thought USP labs Prime was epic
I had actually thought about that at one time, but have never had much demand for it.

The problem with comparison to a lot of the original USP Labs products is not knowing what really was in them.

I know where they got their raws for it, so replicating the Tribulus Aquaticus part wouldn't be a problem - but its really more of a matter of if that's all that was really in there. I'm not saying it was or wasn't, but that's just always the question that one has to wonder about when it comes to some of their old stuff.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I had actually thought about that at one time, but have never had much demand for it.

The problem with comparison to a lot of the original USP Labs products is not knowing what really was in them.

I know where they got their raws for it, so replicating the Tribulus Aquaticus part wouldn't be a problem - but its really more of a matter of if that's all that was really in there. I'm not saying it was or wasn't, but that's just always the question that one has to wonder about when it comes to some of their old stuff.
yeah, they proved to be sketchy in the end, but in the beginning the business was run very differently. werent they growing their own stuff at first? there was also a product called Primal by precision research that followed it that was also totally legit that only had the aquaticus in it. were the incredible effects due to glucocortinoid suppression and calpain inhibition? IDK but it worked for alot of people based on sales and a poll on here

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah, they proved to be sketchy in the end, but in the beginning the business was run very differently. werent they growing their own stuff at first? there was also a product called Primal by precision research that followed it that was also totally legit that only had the aquaticus in it. were the incredible effects due to glucocortinoid suppression and calpain inhibition? IDK but it was popular
No, not at all - they weren't growing their own stuff. That was all old school style marketing BS. I know where they got their Tribulus Aquaticus from and could definitely replicate the raws - what I meant though was that if it was Tribulus Aquaticus that gave those results, then yes, that's doable. But with comparing anything to old USP Labs products, there's the big if as to if that was all that was in there.

For example - you mentioned the Precision Research Tribulus Aquaticus - and yes, I know people that said it was a good product. But I know some people that felt like it was equivalent to the USP Labs one and some people that felt like it wasn't - so that's what I meant about the USP Labs one. I feel like Precisions was equivalent to USP's in regards to Tribulus Aquaticus, but if there was a difference, then it would be in someone that wasn't on the label in the USP one. I hope that makes sense.

If enough people want us to do one, the idea is simple enough to do, no problem. Hardest part would be thinking of a name haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A topical/TD L-carnitine gel from XPG would be a staple product for me! Would use it year-round!
Never been asked for that before - I'll look into seeing if that is feasible. I can't remember right off hand if L-Carnitine is a good candidate for a topical or not but will check.

Thank you for the suggestion.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Never been asked for that before - I'll look into seeing if that is feasible. I can't remember right off hand if L-Carnitine is a good candidate for a topical or not but will check.

I’m honestly not sure either! I believe it has a high molecular weight, but I’m no expert… you would be the guy to ask! Hahaha
The L-carnitine pip hits so hard sometimes… it would be a blessing if a TD version could offer good bioavailability

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
No, not at all - they weren't growing their own stuff. That was all old school style marketing BS. I know where they got their Tribulus Aquaticus from and could definitely replicate the raws - what I meant though was that if it was Tribulus Aquaticus that gave those results, then yes, that's doable. But with comparing anything to old USP Labs products, there's the big if as to if that was all that was in there.

For example - you mentioned the Precision Research Tribulus Aquaticus - and yes, I know people that said it was a good product. But I know some people that felt like it was equivalent to the USP Labs one and some people that felt like it wasn't - so that's what I meant about the USP Labs one. I feel like Precisions was equivalent to USP's in regards to Tribulus Aquaticus, but if there was a difference, then it would be in someone that wasn't on the label in the USP one. I hope that makes sense.

If enough people want us to do one, the idea is simple enough to do, no problem. Hardest part would be thinking of a name haha.
i mean, yeah they couldve spiked it. anything goes when youre dealing with sketchy people. ive heard of companies doing that at exhibitions to lure in vendors. i used the stuff from the day it came out with usplabs until precision research stopped selling it. if it had some kind of back alley anabolic, i didnt suffer any withdrawal effects.

you say you feel the two brands were equivalent with the TA. are you saying you tried both and was a responder?

I assume alot of people nowadays dont know what it is. for some context, it was a supplement known to increase strength and promote being lean by virtue of the shear gain in muscle. i added 90lbs to my bench and squat from it

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m honestly not sure either! I believe it has a high molecular weight, but I’m no expert… you would be the guy to ask! Hahaha
The L-carnitine pip hits so hard sometimes… it would be a blessing if a TD version could offer good bioavailability
I'll definitely look into it. There's more to it sometimes than just molecular weight too.

This is one of those things that I know I should know by heart, but am so exhausted and have a headache at the moment so bad that I can't think straight lol. But I did put it on my list of things to look up later.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i mean, yeah they couldve spiked it. anything goes when youre dealing with sketchy people. ive heard of companies doing that at exhibitions to lure in vendors. i used the stuff from the day it came out with usplabs until precision research stopped selling it. if it had some kind of back alley anabolic, i didnt suffer any withdrawal effects.

you say you feel the two brands were equivalent with the TA. are you saying you tried both and was a responder?
No, I never used either of them. I meant that I knew people that used both and some said that they were comparable products and then some said that there felt like there was a little more to USP's - so I was saying that I felt like Precision's was what it was supposed to be, and that there may or may not have been anything additional in USP's.

I would feel confident in saying that if you wanted us to do a product that was comparable to Precisions then we could absolutely do that. And it would be comparable to USP's IF it was just Tribulus Aquaticus and nothing else in there that wasn't on the label.

I definitely appreciate the suggestion and am interested - just would have to think of a good name.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
No, I never used either of them. I meant that I knew people that used both and some said that they were comparable products and then some said that there felt like there was a little more to USP's - so I was saying that I felt like Precision's was what it was supposed to be, and that there may or may not have been anything additional in USP's.

I would feel confident in saying that if you wanted us to do a product that was comparable to Precisions then we could absolutely do that. And it would be comparable to USP's IF it was just Tribulus Aquaticus and nothing else in there that wasn't on the label.

I definitely appreciate the suggestion and am interested - just would have to think of a good name.

any bodybuilding term following the word Aqua works. AquaMass, AquaStrong. I cant believe nobody has heard of this stuff, but then again nowadays most of the people my age who trained either dropped out or are beet red from a more generous serving of trt getting huge while moving around 20lb dumbbells so maybe it really is a forgotten ingredient

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
any bodybuilding term following the word Aqua works. AquaMass, AquaStrong. I cant believe nobody has heard of this stuff, but then again nowadays most of the people my age who trained either dropped out or are beet red from a more generous serving of trt getting huge while moving around 20lb dumbbells so maybe it really is a forgotten ingredient
Thanks. I'm not sure if the name should be named after the Aquaticus part or if people would think hydration if they heard that; or if it should be named more after the Prime/Primal type names.

I think in general that not a lot of people knew about the ingredient to begin with to have forgotten about it. A lot of people knew the USP Labs Prime product - but USP did a great job making things be about their product names, not the ingredients used, so I think a lot of people that liked the product couldn't have told you what ingredients were even in it. I think that's one reason why the ingredient itself never became more popular.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. I'm not sure if the name should be named after the Aquaticus part or if people would think hydration if they heard that; or if it should be named more after the Prime/Primal type names.

I think in general that not a lot of people knew about the ingredient to begin with to have forgotten about it. A lot of people knew the USP Labs Prime product - but USP did a great job making things be about their product names, not the ingredients used, so I think a lot of people that liked the product couldn't have told you what ingredients were even in it. I think that's one reason why the ingredient itself never became more popular.
I definitely didn't even remember what was in it. I also don't remember using it outside of the Beta though..

It would tingle my fascination to try again, but I look back at some of those USPLabs days with some serious doubts in my mind. :unsure:

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardiovascular Support XT is great for blood flow and venous insufficiency, so it should help with varicose veins and help support keeping new ones from forming.

I had actually thought about doing a product specifically for varicose veins and have the formula finalized for it; I just had been hesitant bc wasn't sure how good it would sell.
I havent yet come across a multi-ingredient product that has all the herbs I personally favour (hesperidin, diosmin, rutin, horse chestnut).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I havent yet come across a multi-ingredient product that has all the herbs I personally favour (hesperidin, diosmin, rutin, horse chestnut).
I believe horse chestnut is one you’re not supposed to stay on longterm.

I think it’s a solid temporary remedy for edema, but I ended up going away from it personally on blasts after more reading for an ARB to actually prevent overstimulation of angiotensin receptors in the first place instead of trying to clean up water retention after.

And pine bark extract is safe daily as a lower leg circulation support ingredient, either solo or in a stacked product like Kidney Support XT.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had used Prime back in the days and the results were pretty good. I wouldnt mind trying it again. But if it was spiked with something, how do you know the material that you get doesnt have something spiked in there too?
Maybe misunderstanding your implications, but because they would test it when they receive it? Steve has lots of good posts on the processes these go through and where other companies may be skipping steps, but from my understanding you just wouldn't blindly assume the material you receive is what it says it is so you'd test it yourself (and/or other steps).

This is assuming in a non-conspiratorial mindset that the reason the original was potentially tainted is because the raws were and not because of other additions afterwards. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is that due to the esculin content?
Well, that should be removed from a good quality extract.

Patients with existing kidney disease given intravenously delivered aescin were shown to further kidney damage. And same for patients with existing liver disease.

So it depends on the person’s existing health, but you definitely wouldn’t want someone with edema from compromised kidneys using horse chestnut over something like pine bark longterm.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All of the post regarding this products are insinuating that it was possibly spiked. I used several bottles and never had any shutdown or anything that would indicate it was spiked so who knows?

Also on the testing yes they would test the material, but they cant test to see if it was spiked or not.. they would literally have to test for every single component in the world lol.
I just want to say Hulk_Smash420 is the greatest name ever

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My tentative formula for a leg vein product does have all of those in it + a few more things. I'd just held off on moving forward on it because I wasn't sure how well it would sell. But its one I would really like to do.

Reactions: Nac
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe horse chestnut is one you’re not supposed to stay on longterm.

I think it’s a solid temporary remedy for edema, but I ended up going away from it personally on blasts after more reading for an ARB to actually prevent overstimulation of angiotensin receptors in the first place instead of trying to clean up water retention after.

And pine bark extract is safe daily as a lower leg circulation support ingredient, either solo or in a stacked product like Kidney Support XT.
Is that due to the esculin content?
I have a lot of information on that but would need to refresh on it - but basically, if I remember correctly, if processed correctly and the correct extracts were used, it would eliminate or minimize the component that would be problematic for long term use.

Pine Bark is a great ingredient for lower leg circulation; Hawthorn can be too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had used Prime back in the days and the results were pretty good. I wouldnt mind trying it again. But if it was spiked with something, how do you know the material that you get doesnt have something spiked in there too?
All raw materials and finished products are tested for quality and correct finished product dosages.

Maybe misunderstanding your implications, but because they would test it when they receive it? Steve has lots of good posts on the processes these go through and where other companies may be skipping steps, but from my understanding you just wouldn't blindly assume the material you receive is what it says it is so you'd test it yourself (and/or other steps).

This is assuming in a non-conspiratorial mindset that the reason the original was potentially tainted is because the raws were and not because of other additions afterwards. :)
Correct. The proper GMP processes involve testing raw materials and finished products.

When it comes to USP Labs old products, I don't think that there were many, if anyone, that thought that anything that may have been added was done so unintentionally.

All of the post regarding this products are insinuating that it was possibly spiked. I used several bottles and never had any shutdown or anything that would indicate it was spiked so who knows?

Also on the testing yes they would test the material, but they cant test to see if it was spiked or not.. they would literally have to test for every single component in the world lol.
I'm not insinuating anything - I'm straight forward saying that a lot of people over the years have felt like a lot of the original USP Labs products had in them more or different things than what the labels said, and also that many people reported getting dramatically different results from the beginning batches to the later ones.

So when people ask us to do anything that would be comparable to an old USP Labs product, I always state clearly that if the product was what it was supposed to be - meaning that it contains what the labels said, then yes, that is doable. However, I can never guarantee that a product is going to be just like one of their old ones IF they were adding extra things into it.

Yes, a company can very much test to see if things are spiked. It's very simple - that's why raw materials are tested before and after capsulation. If you test raw materials and they are 99% purity, and then you test finished product and it is 750 mg. per capsule by weight and the testing shows its 750 mg. of 99% material, then there's nothing else there. (Of course real calculations would be done with flow materials, but that's just an example as to how its done).

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All raw materials and finished products are tested for quality and correct finished product dosages.

Correct. The proper GMP processes involve testing raw materials and finished products.

When it comes to USP Labs old products, I don't think that there were many, if anyone, that thought that anything that may have been added was done so unintentionally.

I'm not insinuating anything - I'm straight forward saying that a lot of people over the years have felt like a lot of the original USP Labs products had in them more or different things than what the labels said, and also that many people reported getting dramatically different results from the beginning batches to the later ones.

So when people ask us to do anything that would be comparable to an old USP Labs product, I always state clearly that if the product was what it was supposed to be - meaning that it contains what the labels said, then yes, that is doable. However, I can never guarantee that a product is going to be just like one of their old ones IF they were adding extra things into it.

Yes, a company can very much test to see if things are spiked. It's very simple - that's why raw materials are tested before and after capsulation. If you test raw materials and they are 99% purity, and then you test finished product and it is 750 mg. per capsule by weight and the testing shows its 750 mg. of 99% material, then there's nothing else there. (Of course real calculations would be done with flow materials, but that's just an example as to how its done).
Thanks I was going to say the whole point of testing is to make sure there isn't anything else in there...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks I was going to say the whole point of testing is to make sure there isn't anything else in there...
Yeah, the point with testing is to make sure that the raw materials are what they are supposed to be and then that the finished product has the correct dosage of the raw materials.

Then there would always be heavy metals and microbial testing done for safety purposes.

You do hear sometimes about athletes failing for 'contaminated' supplements - which oftentimes is an excuse, but sometimes it would be because of there being trace amounts of something in products and in these cases, the trace amounts may not be detectable on basic testing unless they were specifically being tested for, but that goes back to as a company, responsible companies should only be using FDA registered GMP compliant contract manufacturers that would never even be running ingredients like that to begin with on their equipment.

^^^ But that's very different than the scenario being discussed - of where a company may or may not have intentionally added anything else to a product to begin with. I'm not saying they did or didn't - but as always, I specify that yes, we can do a product with those ingredients, but no, I can't promise it would be the exact same as one of theirs IF they had more in there than the label says. It's not a knock at USP Labs - its a well discussed rumor/issue on their products - and from my end, its just me covering my bases on my end and explaining everything from our side up front.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that an L-Carnitine td/topical is doable - just a matter of figuring out what form of L-Carnitine that people would prefer. :)

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
I think that an L-Carnitine td/topical is doable - just a matter of figuring out what form of L-Carnitine that people would prefer. :)
That would be awesome!!!! Any idea of how would the bioavailability compare to oral and injectable?
I honestly think it would be very popular!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That would be awesome!!!! Any idea of how would the bioavailability compare to oral and injectable?
I honestly think it would be very popular!
Honestly I hate it when brands try to directly compare the bioavailability to anything td versus injectable because there are a variety of factors, including carriers - so I try to never do that myself.

If we didn't think we could do one and make it very effective, we wouldn't do it though - and the discussion and thought has bene that we could do one and have it be very effective.

Plus, to get into exacts on that, we would have to decide on the type.

I have never been interested in injectable L-Carnitine so I've never followed it much except for the overview. In looking into the type(s) used for that, I've been surprised to see that there is very little detail as to forms or types provided in places I've looked up today so far. I plan to put more research into that aspect over the weekend but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe this is when PLCAR can make its comeback?
I doubt it. If you think about it, if it in a powder form alone can gunk up manufacturing equipment to the point that it would make it hard to run it in capsule form, I would think it would wind up as sludge at a high dose in a topical.

Admittedly, you have my curiosity up and I may get a sample to experiment and see if that would turn out as bad as I think it would haha.

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
I doubt it. If you think about it, if it in a powder form alone can gunk up manufacturing equipment to the point that it would make it hard to run it in capsule form, I would think it would wind up as sludge at a high dose in a topical.

Admittedly, you have my curiosity up and I may get a sample to experiment and see if that would turn out as bad as I think it would haha.
I believe L-Carnitine L-tartrate would most likely be most people’s choice due to its fat transporting role
Not taking anything away from ALCAR, but I believe fat loss would be more important than neurological benefits to make the product successful

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe L-Carnitine L-tartrate would most likely be most people’s choice due to its fat transporting role
Not taking anything away from ALCAR, but I believe fat loss would be more important than neurological benefits to make the product successful

The PLCAR that he mentioned is similar to ALCAR, but is a manufacturing nightmare. We used to make it in a capsule form, but the powder itself kind of congeals and sticks to the equipment when running. Many cm's won't even run products with it in them. So I would think it would be worse in a topical, but not 100% sure.

I would think that LCLT would be most people's preferred forms. I wouldn't be opposed to an L-Carnitine blend with different types if that's what people wanted IF it would work in the base, which is an unknown right now because in theory it could be that one form would need one type td base and another type may need another. It may not, I just haven't gotten that far into it yet.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there really a difference in fat loss mechanisms between LCLT and ALCAR?(are there? idk bad English skills not sure if it is is there or are there :p).

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Is there really a difference in fat loss mechanisms between LCLT and ALCAR?(are there? idk bad English skills not sure if it is is there or are there :p).
ALCAR is more effective at crossing the blood-brain barrier due to the presence of an acetyl group attached to it. I believe the tartrate group only stabilizes the amino acid and makes it more readily available. It is somewhat confusing, actually… it is always said LCLT is more effective for fatty acid mobilization, but studies have shown both forms increase blood concentrations similarly.
Logic would say that ALCAR offers an extra benefit, then - but the studies that show fatty acid mobilization and androgen receptor regulation benefits used LCLT.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ALCAR is more effective at crossing the blood-brain barrier due to the presence of an acetyl group attached to it. I believe the tartrate group only stabilizes the amino acid and makes it more readily available. It is somewhat confusing, actually… it is always said LCLT is more effective for fatty acid mobilization, but studies have shown both forms increase blood concentrations similarly.
Logic would say that ALCAR offers an extra benefit, then - but the studies that show fatty acid mobilization and androgen receptor regulation benefits used LCLT.
Ya it is a bit confusing. It’s been a bit since I looked at specifics but I felt like sometimes companies were just listing general benefits of carnitine and attributing it to LCLT.

I feel like the fat dumping and choline + caffeine studies were with ALCAR but could be misremembering.

I’m just a fan of Carnitine in general, all forms are cool to me. 😎

LucasBagoDoce

Awards
Ya it is a bit confusing. It’s been a bit since I looked at specifics but I felt like sometimes companies were just listing general benefits of carnitine and attributing it to LCLT.

I feel like the fat dumping and choline + caffeine studies were with ALCAR but could be misremembering.

I’m just a fan of Carnitine in general, all forms are cool to me. 😎
As long as it is not oral, I’m fine with any form too. Risk of increasing TMAO levels over the roof and destroying 90% of what I’m paying for in my gut are not cool haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is would indeed be correct use here, since you’re concerned with “a difference”, which is singular (mechanisms is plural, but we’re actually focusing on “difference”).

Are would be correct if you asked about “differences”.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The subject about different types of carnitine is confusing in general - and I think a lot of the confusion has been on purpose from years worth of brands trying to sway people one way or the other - most of the time based on raw material pricing at the time.

I do definitely prefer ALCAR for nootropic benefits; but for what we are talking about here, I need to research it some more to find out if I have a preference.

I'm definitely appreciative of any discussion and input as to types people would like to see.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
my vote goes to LCLT aswell.
Fat loss, androgen receptors etc…

I believe that ALCAR for what it gives(nootropic benefits) the dosage is minimal and reasonable for powder/capsule forms. But in regards to benefits such as fat loss, androgen receptor etc the dosage should be up to 6g of l carnitine l tartrate which is very inconvenient especially considering the TMAO.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
my vote goes to LCLT aswell.
Fat loss, androgen receptors etc…

I believe that ALCAR for what it gives(nootropic benefits) the dosage is minimal and reasonable for powder/capsule forms. But in regards to benefits such as fat loss, androgen receptor etc the dosage should be up to 6g of l carnitine l tartrate which is very inconvenient especially considering the TMAO.
And it’s very important to note that the 6g must be consumed over multiple oral administrations. When subjects were given that dose as a single daily bolus, levels returned to baseline and did not remain elevated.