• RockStar
  • Established
May 6, 2011
Name: Day 4, wk 7
Start Time: 04:30 PM
End Time: 05:35 PM
Duration: 01:05
Notes: Started with 4 minute warm up.

Went with only 3 scoops tonight and downed it all at once rather than save half for intra workout.

# Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps

1 Barbell Full Squat
#1 325 5
#2 355 3
#3 395 1 (Another new PR since cleaning up form to go deeper)
#4 275 9
Warm ups at bar, 135, 185, 225. Belt on 395 attempt only, all reps to parallel.

2 Romanian Deadlift
#1 255 8
#2 265 8
#3 265 8
#4 275 8
Was very careful here as I hit the weight I was at when I pulled my hammy a few months ago. Decided not to let fear rule me, hit 275 on last set for 8 reps.

3 Leg Extensions
#1 220 12
#2 225 10
#3 225 10

4 Lying Leg Curls
#1 90 12
#2 90 12
#3 95 10

3 scoops hit me about the same as four. Nice clean energy, good focus and endurance. Was not over stimmed/geeked and have not crashed as of yet (have never done that with Wyked thus far.)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May 7, 2011
Name: Day 1, wk8
Start Time: 12:40 PM
End Time: 02:00 PM
Duration: 01:20
Notes: Lifting preceeded by 5 minute cardio warm up.

1 Decline Barbell Bench Press
#1 250 5
#2 275 1
#3 275 1
#4 225 8
#5 155 20
Warm ups at bar, 135, 185. Maybe it was because I did not have enough recovery time since my last upper day, but did not go as well as I expected. Missed shots @ 295 and 285.

2 Bent Over Barbell Row
#1 205 7
#2 205 7
#3 205 6
#4 205 6
Continued to focus on form here.

3 V-Bar Pulldown
#1 190 12
#2 220 12
#3 250 10
Did these off of cable stack this time, less resistance than the machine.
4 Standing 2H Dumbbell Triceps Extension
#1 80 10
#2 80 8

5 Assisted dip
#1 205 9
#2 205 8
More assist than last week due to pre-fatigue from OH DB ext

6 Hammer Curls
#1 40 10
#2 40 10
#3 40 8
#4 40 8
Odd sets are left, even are right.

7 Standing Bicep Cable Curl
#1 145 6
#2 115 6
#3 85 8
#4 60 12
Did this as a 4 stage drop set, not sure on reps, best I can remember

Finised with 32 minutes of cardio 11/15 max resist, 265 cals.

Wyked continues to taste great and get the job done. Energy and focus were good. Cardio endurance was also awesome. Gave my son (and favorite Gym Monkee) two scoops for his work out, he covered 3.5 miles in 30 minutes, said he wanted to keep going. He was impressed with both the taste and impact of the Wyked also, which is not easy to do as he is fairly skeptical.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my son in law had a big mulching job and asked me if i had anything for energy-i mixed up 3 scoops of wyked and when i next talked to him he wanted to buy his own jug.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just some cardio tonight, hit 2 scoops with about 16oz water about 40 minutes before I got busy. This stuff just keeps surprising me. Started out to do 15 X 30/30 cycles at full resist for each phase, got to 10X and did not feel it was challenging enough, so I decided to kick in at least 5 x 40 (High intensity)/20 (less intense Cycles). Got 5 done and still had not really gotten winded. Took it to 10. The only difference I felt was that I could not keep the SPM guage pegged at "E" (error) for the whole 40 sec but we hit it every time. So that is 10X30/30 followed by 10x 40/20 and then backed down to 70% and coasted to an even 25 minutes. 214 cals. Could have kept moving but wanted to get home, so we did some lower ab work and hit the road. No crash either :)

On another note, still hoping for the strength increase others have seen, am near my 14th day. I have set PR for full parallel squats but have been not seeing any changes on other movements. Maybe this will be limited as I was already taking something with DAA prior to this. Well hell, Dead lifts tomorrow, so we will see. However, I am gonna clean up my form a bit. Not that it was sloppy, just bring my feet and maybe my grip in a bit as opposed to a bit more than shoulder width with a wide grip.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Murder them deadlifts brah! :AR15firing:

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Murder them deadlifts brah! :AR15firing:
Hoping that tweaking my form won't slow me down, but ultimately, am fairly sure making this adjustment is going to set me up for bigger gains in the futer. About to head out, getting excited :)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May 10, 2011
Name: Day 2, wk 8
Start Time: 04:35 PM
End Time: 05:40 PM
Duration: 01:05
Notes: 4 minute cardio warm up

Ran on 3 scoops, hits me about as hard as 4. Focus and energy were very good tonight. Took much shorter rests between sets than usual. This is my best night with dead lifts since I pulled my hamstring a while back, so maybe we are starting to see some strength increases. Aggression was very good as evidenced by ending hack squats at 350. Honestly, felt like I could have done some cardio after I stretched out, but don't usually do cardio after leg routine as a rule.

1 Barbell Deadlift
#1 275 10
#2 325 6
#3 345 3
#4 375 1 (about damn time!)
Tightened up the form a bit tonight, pulled the feet in a few inches each side, went to a between the knees grip. Seems to have paid off. Warm ups @ 135, 185, 225.

2 Hack Squat
#1 320 8
#2 320 8
#3 340 8
#4 350 8
Continued to focus on depth and no pushing with hands on knees.

3 Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine
#1 650 20
#2 650 20
#3 650 18

4 Leg Press
#1 500 12
#2 500 12
#3 500 12
Lightened up and went extra deep, no assist from pushing on knees.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
doing good!!!:bigok: i like that you are focusing on tightening up on form.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
doing good!!!:bigok: i like that you are focusing on tightening up on form.
I was a little afraid that it would hold me back a bit till I got used to it, but I think it helped produce more torque. Was some where between a standard and sumo dead lift before as far as feet go, with hands clear out to the smooth rings.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was a little afraid that it would hold me back a bit till I got used to it, but I think it helped produce more torque. Was some where between a standard and sumo dead lift before as far as feet go, with hands clear out to the smooth rings.
in the short run it might hold you back some, but in the long run you will be happy you did-proper form will allow you to push heavier weights with less risk of injury.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in the short run it might hold you back some, but in the long run you will be happy you did-proper form will allow you to push heavier weights with less risk of injury.
Oh, very true. I am not to young to check my ego and examine my form LOL (although I was once :stooges:) My prior form was not really sloppy per se, just had my feet a bit wider than most. I am confident this tweek (good word for a wycked log, TWEEK), it will pay off.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, very true. I am not to young to check my ego and examine my form LOL (although I was once :stooges:) My prior form was not really sloppy per se, just had my feet a bit wider than most. I am confident this tweek (good word for a wycked log, TWEEK), it will pay off.
good for you!!!:bigok:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Seams you're having a good run with Wyked.

I must say, I'm really impressed with it myself.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seams you're having a good run with Wyked.

I must say, I'm really impressed with it myself.
Most definately. Good enough that I am about to order more. Actually, can hardly wait to get this log done so I can start a 6-8 week Wyked, ECDY, DAA-HCG and Erase Stack.:love:

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not much to report today, off day. Did down 2 scoops on my way to work. Taste continues to please the palate, focus continues to do well. What can we take from a day at work? NO CRASH! Good stuff.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/12/11, Day 3, wk 8
5:05pm to 6:35pm

Workout Details: Ran on 4 scoops today, For me at least, 3 is just as good as 4 for me.
1 Barbell Bench Press - Medium Grip
#1 240 6
#2 255 4
#3 280 2 (Another current PR)
#4 205 10
#5 165 15
Had a spotter on 280 set, there was a forced rep that is not counted. Warm ups at bar, 135, 185

2 Assited pull up
#1 225 8
#2 225 8
#3 225 7
#4 230 5
BW - assist weight. Continue to focus on full ROM

3 Incline Dumbbell Press
#1 180 10
#2 180 9
90X2 - really grunted these out.

4 Barbell Shoulder Press
#1 155 10
#2 165 6
#3 135 12
seated

5 Barbell Shrug
#1 295 10
#2 325 8
#3 365 6
6 Standing One-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension
#1 35 10
#2 35 10
#3 35 10
#4 35 10
#5 35 9
#6 35 9
Even sets are left, odd sets are right

7 Barbell Curl
#1 100 6
#2 100 6
8 Preacher Curl
#1 85 6
#2 85 8
EZ bar, inside grip
9 Dumbell Pullover
#1 85 10
#2 85 7

Finished with 12X40/20 HIIT, at max resist, 163 cals. This was a bit more challenging today than Monday's session, but is still a new level of cardio intensity for me.

Seeing some strength increases now (Deadlift, squat and bench) am very please with this. During the Incline DB presses and DB Pullovers, I was really cranking up the effort, straining and grunting to push out a few more reps. I feel the focus and energy the Wyked gives me helps here.

Bad News: My tub is almost done.
Counter good news: I got more on the way. ( No better testimony about a product than putting YOUR OWN cash where your log is :) )

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finished with 12X40/20 HIIT, at max resist, 163 cals. This was a bit more challenging today than Monday's session, but is still a new level of cardio intensity for me.

Seeing some strength increases now (Deadlift, squat and bench) am very please with this. During the Incline DB presses and DB Pullovers, I was really cranking up the effort, straining and grunting to push out a few more reps. I feel the focus and energy the Wyked gives me helps here.

Bad News: My tub is almost done.
Counter good news: I got more on the way. ( No better testimony about a product than putting YOUR OWN cash where your log is :) )
Nice on the increased intensity and strength.

"No better testimony about a product than putting YOUR OWN cash where your log is." Got that right! :D

~Rosie~

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May 13, 2011
Name: Day 4, wk 8
Start Time: 03:15 PM
End Time: 04:15 PM
Duration: 01:00
Notes: 4 minute warm up, This is session 2 for the day, had 35 minutes of cardio this morning.

1 Barbell Full Squat
#1 315 7
#2 365 4
#3 405 1
#4 315 7
All reps to parallel. Had just a little help with the 405 set coming out of the bottom, but it felt damn good unracking it.

2 Romanian Deadlift
#1 265 8
#2 275 8
#3 285 8
#4 285 7

3 Leg Extensions
#1 230 12
#2 230 11
#3 230 9

4 Lying Leg Curls
#1 95 11
#2 95 8
#3 95 7

Excellent focus and energy, despite the fact that I had rolled out early this morning and did cardio before work. Actually intended on keeping things fairly light for squats tonight but once I got going, 365 just seemed right for set #2 (Not heavy for a lot of you I know, but fairly heavy for me.) That is aggresssion! Oh, got my shipment of a Wyked refill and DA-HCG today. As earlier indicated, that is out of my own pocket because Wyked and Taurus in general has really gained my trust and respect with the quality of their products but even more so the quality of peeps who rep for them. Sorry if that sounds to "fanboy" like, but it is sincere.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not fanboy at all....great that you are liking taurus products enough to be a repeat buyer!!! thank you!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/15/11
Day 1, wk 9 (deload week)
2:20 – 3:15 p.m.
Total duration: 55 Minutes.

Notes: Was starting to feel a little beat up, joints achy etc, so decided it was time for a deload. Instead of taking a week away from the iron and just hitting cardio, I have opted to lower volume a bit buy dropping some weight.

Today, we tried to keep it intense by incorporating Compound and opposing sets. Focused on form, good mind muscle connection and slow tempo with emphasis on negatives.

Decline Bench+ 190-/8/8, 210/8
Flat DB Press110-/10/10, 130/10 (wgt = db wgt x2)

BO BB Row+ 140-/8, 150-/8/9
Triangle PD 220-/10,250-/10/10

(opposing set)
Assisted dip + 195-/12, 205-/12/12
Ham Curl 40-/15, 50-/15/15 (wgt = db wgt x2)

(opposing set)
St. Bar Cable Curl+ 85-/15, 100-/15
St Bar Tri PD 85-/15, 100-/15

(Compound set)
Seated OH DB Press 90-/15/15 (wgt = db wgt x2)
Db Lat Raise 30-/12/12 (wgt = db wgt x2)

Wrapped it up with 40 minutes of 5 stage hills cardio, 305 cals burned.

The energy was there for the lifting part, got in, cranked it up, got it done and made it intense even though I was going lighter. To be honest, kind of dogged it through the first 20 minutes of cardio, the endurance was still there, just even the best play list can only do so much for making sitting in a damn room on a machine "interesting". Maybe because I have stepped up the frequency of my cardio this week, not sure. Stepped it up the last half.

Got a few more scoops left, figure 2 for tomorrows cardio, then maybe 3 for lifting day 2 Tuesday. So final review will be in a few days. (Being my first sponsored log, I neglected to save post #2 for the final reveiw :( )

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit some HIIT Tonight. 15X40/20 cycles then coasted to an even 25 minutes @100% Max resist for the duration. 210 calories burnt.

Was honestly questioning if I wanted to do this tonight as the work day kind of sucked but had to ask "what is gonna help you meet your goal?" Downed the 2 scoop mix of Wyked and off we went. Was ready to go after it by the time I got my clothes changed at the "Y". The endurance this stuff gives me continues to amaze me. 15X 40/20 is another personal best for me.

Got under 3 scoops left, gonna dump them into the tub I bought and write my final review.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review: (will also edit my first post to copy this there)

Ok, after about 3 weeks on Wyked, I feel I have gotten a good feel of what I can expect from it. I have mixed anywhere form 1-4 scoops in this grand experiment.

Taste: 10/10 - Hands down the best tasting PWO I have ever had, great lemonade flavor even when mixed with BCAA or with multiple scoops.

Mixability:10/10 - Dissolves easily in water by merely shaking the bottle I used. No lumping or clumping. The BCAA did foam some but did dissolve after about 15 - 20 minutes. (Not the Wyked's problem at all.)

Energy: 9/10 - I initially thought the energy was good but not exceptional although not beaten by other PWO's I have tried, Wyked held it's own quite nicely by comparison. But then as I considered other factors such as no GEEKED OUT feeling (even on 4 scoops), and no CRASH EVER, I felt these other considerations deserved to be factored in.

Focus:10/10 - Actually tended to get to my next set a bit faster when taking this. There was very little on my mind except killing that next set or movement.

Endurance: 10/10 - This is one area where this stuff really shines. My cardio endurance increased to a degree that the first time I noted it, I was amazed. (read the log if you want more details). There were often times after work outs that I wanted to keep lifting but only self discipline or not wanting to overtrain or needing to get home got me to pack it in.

Strength: 8/10 - another one that took my by suprise, as I do not generally associate PWO's with Strenght increase. None the less, we saw improvements with current PR's on my bench (280X2) and squat (405) and getting my dead lift over the 375 hump coming back from 3 weeks off of pulling due to an injury. Was very pleased with this.

Overall, great taste, effective and lives up to Taurus Nutrition's claims. Think they have a winner here. If you followed the log at all, you already know that I purchased more Wyked and other Taurus Products. Simply put, I am impressed with these folks and their work.

Thanks again to Taurus and all their great reps for giving me this opportunity and coming along for the journey.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review: (will also edit my first post to copy this there)

Ok, after about 3 weeks on Wyked, I feel I have gotten a good feel of what I can expect from it. I have mixed anywhere form 1-4 scoops in this grand experiment.

Taste: 10/10 - Hands down the best tasting PWO I have ever had, great lemonade flavor even when mixed with BCAA or with multiple scoops.

Mixability:10/10 - Dissolves easily in water by merely shaking the bottle I used. No lumping or clumping. The BCAA did foam some but did dissolve after about 15 - 20 minutes. (Not the Wyked's problem at all.)

Energy: 9/10 - I initially thought the energy was good but not exceptional although not beaten by other PWO's I have tried, Wyked held it's own quite nicely by comparison. But then as I considered other factors such as no GEEKED OUT feeling (even on 4 scoops), and no CRASH EVER, I felt these other considerations deserved to be factored in.

Focus:10/10 - Actually tended to get to my next set a bit faster when taking this. There was very little on my mind except killing that next set or movement.

Endurance: 10/10 - This is one area where this stuff really shines. My cardio endurance increased to a degree that the first time I noted it, I was amazed. (read the log if you want more details). There were often times after work outs that I wanted to keep lifting but only self discipline or not wanting to overtrain or needing to get home got me to pack it in.

Strength: 8/10 - another one that took my by suprise, as I do not generally associate PWO's with Strenght increase. None the less, we saw improvements with current PR's on my bench (280X2) and squat (405) and getting my dead lift over the 375 hump coming back from 3 weeks off of pulling due to an injury. Was very pleased with this.

Overall, great taste, effective and lives up to Taurus Nutrition's claims. Think they have a winner here. If you followed the log at all, you already know that I purchased more Wyked and other Taurus Products. Simply put, I am impressed with these folks and their work.

Thanks again to Taurus and all their great reps for giving me this opportunity and coming along for the journey.
Glad that you had such an awesome run of Wyked and loved the product. Here's to the future - all the best in achieving your fitness goals!

~Rosie~

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad that you had such an awesome run of Wyked and loved the product. Here's to the future - all the best in achieving your fitness goals!

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie, class as always!

I hope that the log is considered worth the product investment by Taurus.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, class as always!

I hope that the log is considered worth the product investment by Taurus.
No worries - thank YOU :)

Eric has always been good with sponsoring product logs, and all we ask in return in honesty about the products, however your experience may be.

~Rosie~

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for logging this for us Taman, you did an excellent job!

And thanks for the detailed final review, we really appreciate glyphs input