Taking EC with Adrenal Support

jxn

Awards
I just started taking EC (bronkaid three times per day). I was thinking about adding an adrenal support formula (with adrenal tissue). I know a lot of people wait and take this when they finish a cycle of EC, but is there any benefit to taking it with EC, such as preventing adrenal fatigue, controlling cortisol, etc?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I just started taking EC (bronkaid three times per day). I was thinking about adding an adrenal support formula (with adrenal tissue). I know a lot of people wait and take this when they finish a cycle of EC, but is there any benefit to taking it with EC, such as preventing adrenal fatigue, controlling cortisol, etc?
There wouldn't be a benefit in such a formula, period. The adrenal gland is not the issue when it comes to stimulant usage and tolerance.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't worry about adrenal fatigue.After your run with EC just stay off caffeine for a while you should be good.I suggest taking erase pro if your looking to stack for cort controll.Also has a natural test booster and an AI wraped up in one neat package.

Also check out my guide on keto and it's use with EC/clen here:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/200109-guide-new-outlook.html you can extend your cycle of EC using keto.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
There wouldn't be a benefit in such a formula, period. The adrenal gland is not the issue when it comes to stimulant usage and tolerance.
mr.cooper what are your thoughts on "adrenal fatigue" in relation to over use of stimulants effecting the adrenals' function in releasing adrenaline, noradrenaline, etc.? I know stim tolerance doesn't have anything to do with adrenals. But can over working the adrenals with stim use cause problems with the adrenals?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
mr.cooper what are your thoughts on "adrenal fatigue" in relation to over use of stimulants effecting the adrenals' function in releasing adrenaline, noradrenaline, etc.? I know stim tolerance doesn't have anything to do with adrenals. But can over working the adrenals with stim use cause problems with the adrenals?
I'm curious as to what Cooper has to say about this as well. I had always believed that adrenal fatigue was related to stim tolerance, sounds like I was incorrect. Eager to see what the genius himself has to say!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm curious as to what Cooper has to say about this as well. I had always believed that adrenal fatigue was related to stim tolerance, sounds like I was incorrect. Eager to see what the genius himself has to say!
I may be at odds with many people here, but there is no evidence that the symptoms reported from stimulant abuse are related to the function of the adrenal glands. I've been involved in the medical community these past few years and was an intern for an endo and a shadow for 3 months full-time at an internal med hospital, and both sources (one of which was abroad so I have an international opinion on this as well) agreed that adrenal fatigue as defined by the overall populace is not a true medical condition. The symptoms are indeed real, but the cause is not adrenal dysfunction. I've also done my own research on the matter and come to the same conclusion. In short, it appears the symptoms are being mismatched with the cause.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I may be at odds with many people here, but there is no evidence that the symptoms reported from stimulant abuse are related to the function of the adrenal glands. I've been involved in the medical community these past few years and was an intern for an endo and a shadow for 3 months full-time at an internal med hospital, and both sources (one of which was abroad so I have an international opinion on this as well) agreed that adrenal fatigue as defined by the overall populace is not a true medical condition. The symptoms are indeed real, but the cause is not adrenal dysfunction. I've also done my own research on the matter and come to the same conclusion. The symptoms are being mismatched with the cause.
What would be the cause of tolerance to stimulants if it isn't adrenal fatigue? I'm gonna do some research on this tonight, seems like it would be interesting to read about. Do you have anywhere in particular you might point someone who would be interested in learning about this?

Thanks Coop, you do man!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What would be the cause of tolerance to stimulants if it isn't adrenal fatigue? I'm gonna do some research on this tonight, seems like it would be interesting to read about. Do you have anywhere in particular you might point someone who would be interested in learning about this?

Thanks Coop, you do man!
The issue lies with the adrenergic receptors (including adenosine in the case of the infamous caffeine).

There are actually quite a few studies out there as of late, but for the layman these should suffice:

http://www.hormone.org/Public/upload/Adrenal-Fatigue-Web.pdf
http://www.endo-society.org/media/press/2010/New-Fact-Sheets-Dispel-Myths-of-Adrenal-Fatigue.cfm

I don't think we know the full details, but as of this moment, there is no evidence supporting adrenal fatigue in the sense that many people use the term. Keep in mind that adrenal insufficiency does indeed exist, but there is no reason to believe you will suffer from it through stimulant use.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The issue lies with the adrenergic receptors (including adenosine in the case of the infamous caffeine).

There are actually quite a few studies out there as of late, but for the layman these should suffice:

http://www.endo-society.org/media/press/2010/New-Fact-Sheets-Dispel-Myths-of-Adrenal-Fatigue.cfm

I don't think we know the full details, but as of this moment, there is no evidence supporting adrenal fatigue in the sense that many people use the term. Keep in mind that adrenal insufficiency does indeed exist, but there is no reason to believe you will suffer from it through stimulant use.
Good stuff.
Subbed.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Very good information presented there.

Mike

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

From what I have read it does seem like caffeine tolerance has everything to do with the upregulation of adenosine receptors in the brain; stim break headaches being the product of sensitivity to adenosine, and finally headaches stoping after receptor downregulation.

What I wonder is what is behind a tolerance to 1,3, being that I have read on Higher Tower Pharmacology that 1,3 "will not produce metabolites which interfere with adrenergic signaling," or is the tolerance just to the caffeine part of pre-workouts?

Edit: come to think of it I don't know much about tolerance(s) of other stimulants in general. Add it to my list of things to research.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
From what I have read it does seem like caffeine tolerance has everything to do with the upregulation of adenosine receptors in the brain; stim break headaches being the product of sensitivity to adenosine, and finally headaches stoping after receptor downregulation.

What I wonder is what is behind a tolerance to 1,3, being that I have read on Higher Tower Pharmacology that 1,3 "will not produce metabolites which interfere with adrenergic signaling," or is the tolerance just to the caffeine part of pre-workouts?

Edit: come to think of it I don't know much about tolerance(s) of other stimulants in general. Add it to my list of things to research.
Think of 1,3D as NE and the receptors being the alpha adrenergic receptors and b1 receptor:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126317713&page=1