Stronger Than the Day Before

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Which do you feel is better for unwinding?
Oh, haha, you don't want a deep tissue massage for unwinding. That **** is pain, for the whole hour+ that you're there. You feel good after the massage.

If you just want a relaxing rub-down, I'd go with a swedish massage or whatever the equivalent is at your local parlor.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
YESTERDAY:

Bench Press

45 X 10
135 X 8
185 X 8
205 X 6
225 X 3

Battle Ropes

3 X 30 seconds, 30 seconds rest in-between

Cable Flyes

Weight X 3 (they're flyes, who cares?)

Kettlebell Row

70 X 10
70 X 10
70 X 10

Done.

TODAY:

Deadlifts

135 X 5
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 X 4
405 X 3
455 X 1
475 X 1
455 X 1

BBell Rows

135 X 8
185 X 6
225 X 3

BBell Shrugs

315 X 12
365 X 8

DB Rows

80 X 8
90 X 8
100 X 6

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man KB rows would be awesome!

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
So, Monday and Tuesday's workouts were horrible and shall never be spoken of again.

REDEMPTION THURSDAY!

Warmup:

10 min. cardio

Deadlifts:

135 X 5
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 X 3
405 X 3
455 X 2
455 X 1
315 X 10
365 X 5

Barbell Rows:

225 X 3
185 X 5
185 X 5

End

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good lifts my man

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Man KB rows would be awesome!
You know, they were surprisingly hard with relatively light weight (70 lbs.) because the range of motion is so much better. I feel like if I did them more often and focused on getting the bells up to my chest my pullup strength would improve, because I have poor strength at peak contraction.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know, they were surprisingly hard with relatively light weight (70 lbs.) because the range of motion is so much better. I feel like if I did them more often and focused on getting the bells up to my chest my pullup strength would improve, because I have poor strength at peak contraction.
Is there a correlation between the 2?

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Is there a correlation between the 2?
I feel there is. I would like to be able to knock out a set of 10 pullups where my chest touches the bar; having strength through that extreme ROM at peak contraction would help in that regard.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel there is. I would like to be able to knock out a set of 10 pullups where my chest touches the bar; having strength through that extreme ROM at peak contraction would help in that regard.
Interesting, I used to have access to the NSCA library and would read studies where KBs would be used to enhance different phases of strength in relation to a specific movement, LOVED those studies lol. Wish we had some thought the Db just isn't a safe idea for me myself.

Hope ya weekends going smooth

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Sorry for the lack of activity/updates; work has been busy and I actually took on a "client" who I am training. She's an old work-mate of mine who used to be in the Marines and in phenomenal shape. She's put on some weight and has been having some personal issues so we're back in the gym to get her motivated and centered. I plan on getting certified as a PT (just for the certificate) so I can take on a couple of clients in my off-work hours after I get my gym built in a year or so, so I'm taking just designing workout plans for buddies to the next level and actually having PT sessions with someone. Hopefully it'll be a great learning experience.

WORKOUT FOR TUESDAY:

We did lower body (squats) yesterday, and bench today. I'm performing the movements with her and showing/critiquing her form when I'm not lifting. Her plan is focused around the big four (squat, deadlift, bench, OHP) with conditioning work and, as Louie Simmons would say, "spaytial exercises". We're working on linear progression for now. She used to be in phenomenal shape on her own diet plan so she has got that covered.

Workout w/ my numbers was as follows:

Warmup:

Moderate cardio for 15 minutes
Dynamic stretching
Band Pull-aparts

Workout:

Bench Press Superset w/ Barbell Row (rest between sets limited to the time it took to shuck weights)
BP: 135 X 10
BR: 135 X 10
BP: 185 X 8
BR: 185 X 8
BP: 195 X 6
BR: 195 X 6
BP: 225 X 3
Pendlay Row: 225 X 4

Pallof Press Superset w/ "Contractile" Planks:
PP: 70 lbs. X 30 sec. per side
CP: 30 Secs.
Rest for her set
Repeat for 3 total sets

DB Tricep Press:
65 X 12
75 X 10
80 X 8
80 X 6

Battle Ropes:
30 sec.
Rest 30 sec.
Repeat for 3 total sets

Seated KB Press:
40 X 12 X 3

Donesies.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A hearty DANG! goes out to you on that opening superset, my friend! That's some work! Can you explain the "Contractile" Planks?

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
A hearty DANG! goes out to you on that opening superset, my friend! That's some work! Can you explain the "Contractile" Planks?
No problem. I didn't invent the concept, by any means, it's just what I call them in order to get peoples' minds off of what they normally think a "plank" is. Especially the girl I'm training, because we're both ex-mil and we have planks drilled into our minds as a very specific movement (or lack thereof) that becomes ineffectual over time.

Basically, most people who do a plank get their elbows under their shoulders, brace themselves on their forearms, and form a straight line from the base of their neck to their heels. This is a fine exercise, but I find it is much harder to perform and teaches a better abdominal bracing technique the way I explain it.

To do a "contractile" plank, assume a pushup position and drop down onto your elbows with your forearms flat on the floor. Make sure your elbows are as far in front of you as you can stand (strength and mobility wise), so that your armpit forms an oblique angle between your arm and torso. Once you're set into position, take a deep breath into your stomach, and brace your abdomen, pulling your ribcage in and down and pushing through your abdominal floor and obliques. Squeeze your glutes as tight as you can, and contract every muscle in your body as tightly as possible. If performed correctly, this should be difficult to maintain for more than 30 or 45 seconds. Do this for a few sets, and you'll be sore, I promise.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! I'll have to try those. I hate planks, but the way you're describing it makes a lot of sense. I'm all for two sets of 30 seconds and being done with abs! Lol.

Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Awards
Today's Workout:

No trainee for me today; she's just getting back into weightlifting so she needed a day off after the last two. Because of the snow here in the last couple of days, I had a late start for work. On top of that, I have four hours to make up this week, so today's session was kwik.

DL

135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 2
405 x 2

Hammie Curl

45 x 10
65 x 8
65 x 8

Done.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's a good-looking sesh. Can't imagine the bench/row supers without close to 5 minutes in between. Serious Arnold pump there.Hope you are well as I see you're not posting much these days. I am beginning to watch ...

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like those DLs are moving on up. Well done.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha, thank you. My new thread is called plates and plates.
Trying to disconnect from your pederastic history, are you? Well okay, I will play along, like it never happened.