Stocks

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10k is my minimum. Would be elated at that height. If it hit 100k, so many would be financially free. Obviously would be dependent on the US dollar not going like post WWI German currency.
Im probably going to spare a couple of stocks in a couple different exchanges just in case, lol

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just think about this in case this flew over your heads, lol

Adam Aaron calls Trey's Trades in the middle of his live stream to let the public know the short sellers are in deep **** AND that he is planning on a interview with Trey in less than 3 weeks in the beginning of June. Remember, not only did AA break massive news about the share dillution on Trey's podcast, but today he posted public info about the 43 million shares on the same day the SEC was running a stress test on Shitadel.

What is it that he wants to say less than 3 weeks from now????????

Something is going on here, AA is playing masterful game of chess and I think he wants this more than I do!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Adam Aaron calls Trey's Trades in the middle of his live stream to let the public know the short sellers are in deep **** AND that he is planning on a interview with Trey in less than 3 weeks in the beginning of June. Remember, not only did AA break massive news about the share dillution on Trey's podcast, but today he posted public info about the 43 million shares on the same day the SEC was running a stress test on Shitadel.

Something is going on here, AA is playing masterful game of chess and I think he wants this more than I do!
Love it.

Also, premarket AMC back up to $13.50!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I hope AA has some private security. Billionaires aren't too happy to lose.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

ha i missed that stream .. which stream was it ? "AMc nasty gap!" ? is

Reactions: ax1
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Treys Trades from yesterday. AA called his personal phone in the middle of stream. The hype is stronger than ever now.
damn thats so awesome .. i know Adam when he first came on and was like "im one of the APE, i own most of the shares in the world and i will never sell ..ofcourse i want the price to skyrocket"

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
damn citadel working some OT with these fake selling orders to keep it below $13

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

only matter of time .. these guys have to pay us .. how long can they hold out our interest rate

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It closed $12.98 even after a big last minute sell off, so Shitadel see ya Monday!
I get this is a bodybuilding forum, but does anyone actually understand delta hedging and why that post doesn’t really make sense?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get this is a bodybuilding forum, but does anyone actually understand delta hedging and why that post doesn’t really make sense?
Im a total retard, can you explain? In real life I mostly just pick things up and put them down.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im a total retard, can you explain? In real life I mostly just pick things up and put them down.
Im not sure if that was sarcasm. But in most instances these days when buying a call or a put it will be written by an options market maker such as citadel, point72 or whoever else is active in that market.

The market maker will not allow a huge notional amount of risk on their book (such as what that poster was stating regarding options being in the money and needing to acquire the stock to deliver.

They will always hedge off the risk through delta hedging which means they will acquire/sell the appropriate amount of underlying stock to offset that positions risk. So in reality if a stock moves higher and they have written a call option to a buyer, they would already have hedged off that risk through acquiring underlying stock and vice versa.

When a stock is quite volatile gamma hedging strategies are also used.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im not sure if that was sarcasm. But in most instances these days when buying a call or a put it will be written by an options market maker such as citadel, point72 or whoever else is active in that market.

The market maker will not allow a huge notional amount of risk on their book (such as what that poster was stating regarding options being in the money and needing to acquire the stock to deliver.

They will always hedge off the risk through delta hedging which means they will acquire/sell the appropriate amount of underlying stock to offset that positions risk. So in reality if a stock moves higher and they have written a call option to a buyer, they would already have hedged off that risk through acquiring underlying stock and vice versa.

What does all that mean? I need you to dumb that down just a little more.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Im just having fun, Im new to stocks and looking to learn alot of things so I did authentically ask for an explanation and I really do appreciate your response.

Are you into AMC stock?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What does all that mean? I need you to dumb that down just a little more.
This is really a massively oversimplified example, but here goes.

When you buy and option either call or put you pay the premium, which is basically the income the market maker receives.

But now they are left with a contractual obligation to the buyer, if they buy a call and the underlying stock goes up, they are obligated to pay the profits or at expiry deliver the stock at the agreed call price.

To remove the obligation risk they will go and buy an amount of actual stock eg AMC if its an AMC call option to offset the options payable amount based on movements in the AMC share price.

And the same goes for puts, marker makers have short sell relief when it comes to hedging, at least they do in Australia, otherwise they will borrow stock and sell (if they can’t they wont execute the contract).

So moral of the story is it doesnt really matter where AMC closes at, because option market markers are protected (hedged)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im just having fun, Im new to stocks and looking to learn alot of things so I did authentically ask for an explanation and I really do appreciate your response.

Are you into AMC stock?
I am not really a personal speculator, just long term holds.

About 12 years industry experience with equities, futures and OTC derivatives. Actually blows my mind some of the being posted (blatantly wrong) by this new breed of social media “finfluencer”.

My advice is ride the momentum wave while it lasts but remember everything you read on social media is biased towards making the person posting richer

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

About 12 years industry experience with equities, futures and OTC derivatives. Actually blows my mind some of the being posted (blatantly wrong) by this new breed of social media “finfluencer”.

My advice is ride the momentum wave while it lasts but remember everything you read on social media is biased towards making the person posting richer
The GME and AMC movement is something incredible and special though.....Im not guaranteeing myself its going to squeeze, Im already in a position I dont think I can lose, but who would have thought that a $4 GME stock would hit almost $500 all because of Reddit?

You do give good alarm, as Im learning I see alot of pump and dump schemes both with stock and crypto.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So moral of the story is it doesnt really matter where AMC closes at, because option market markers are protected (hedged)
So what causes the "Gamma Squeeze" or am I understanding these pockets of rockets shooting to pluto all wrong and its something different? That was nothing but a short squeeze?

Why did my GME stock a couple months ago (the 2nd squeeze around) that I bought a couple shares at $80 shoot from around $100 to $200 in after market hours (I sold them at $180) then dip down to $120 then shoot up to almost $400 in a couple of days?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is really a massively oversimplified example, but here goes.

When you buy and option either call or put you pay the premium, which is basically the income the market maker receives.

But now they are left with a contractual obligation to the buyer, if they buy a call and the underlying stock goes up, they are obligated to pay the profits or at expiry deliver the stock at the agreed call price.

To remove the obligation risk they will go and buy an amount of actual stock eg AMC if its an AMC call option to offset the options payable amount based on movements in the AMC share price.

And the same goes for puts, marker makers have short sell relief when it comes to hedging, at least they do in Australia, otherwise they will borrow stock and sell (if they can’t they wont execute the contract).

Acknowledging all that, but are you also saying the squeeze can't happen?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah scratching my head here too....we just experience different types of squeezes and they are calling the initial squeeze a "gamma squeeze" triggered by options, which then ends up dipping briefly followed by triggering a "short squeeze" which is the king of all squeezes. We all just seen and lived this, it was incredible but maybe youtubers arent explaining this right or Im understanding it wrong.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So what causes the "Gamma Squeeze" or am I understanding these pockets of rockets shooting to pluto all wrong and its something different? That was nothing but a short squeeze?

Why did my GME stock a couple months ago (the 2nd squeeze around) that I bought a couple shares at $80 shoot from around $100 to $200 in after market hours (I sold them at $180) then dip down to $120 then shoot up to almost $400 in a couple of days?
That’s are very extreme example but at the highest level it comes down to a major imbalance between demand and supply, in this case demand far far exceeding supply.

I doubt there was one sole factor that was the main catalyst, likely various factors such as a substantial amount of people going long on market and leveraged via call options, leading to increased market maker hedging causing increased volatility in delta (gamma) thus causing an almost perfect storm of a positive feedback loop, where more GME stock would need to be bought on market by makers to hedge gamma. Throw in shorts getting stopped out or choosing to close their possies and Presto.

But at the end of the day it was simply extreme demand. Remember investing is a zero sum game so for every winner there is a corresponding loser and i guarantee there were plenty of retail bagholders when the dust settled.

Last edited:
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course it can, but the major factor in that is getting the kind of demand for literally 1000s or 100,000s of investors buying concurrently like on GME.

I imagine alot of people who got burned getting involved in that will be jumping up an down to do it again.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course it can, but the major factor in that is getting the kind of demand for literally 1000s or 100,000s of investors buying concurrently like on GME.

I imagine alot of people who got burned getting involved in that will be jumping up an down to do it again.
AMC has over 3.2 million individual "retail" holders according to the CEO. Not sure if that matters but thats alot more than the example your bringing up.

Thats the unfortunate thing, if this hits over $100 and up alot of people are going to jump on the bandwagon and buy in and alot of people are going to lose alot of money they couldnt afford. Im in the fortunate position of having a fair average cost, but alot of people really are going to get screwed.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

So the shorts expiring and being forced to buy back is false?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So the shorts expiring and being forced to buy back is false?
A short position doesn’t expire per se. You borrow the stock from a current holder for a certain fee based on the borrow market that dictated by amount shorted, available lendable amounts etc.

If the borrow is recalled the shorter can go and borrow more, if they can’t then they will need to deliver.

Its unique to each instance.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A short position doesn’t expire per se. You borrow the stock from a current holder for a certain fee based on the borrow market that dictated by amount shorted, available lendable amounts etc.

If the borrow is recalled the shorter can go and borrow more, if they can’t then they will need to deliver.

Its unique to each instance.
The retail investor owns over 80% of the shares....AMC is running an audit on their shares as there is speculation of 100s of millions of synthetic shares on the market shorting the stock. It was announced today the results are going to be released on June 2nd.

As far as I understand, synthetic shares are illegal, am I right? If this is addressed and the SEC takes action I think this will significantly move in our favor, no more fake shares to borrow and the price goes up as much as we all hold. We as a whole control the price.

Do I sound like a dumb youtuber??? LOL

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The retail investor owns over 80% of the shares....AMC is running an audit on their shares as there is speculation of 100s of millions of synthetic shares on the market shorting the stock. It was announced today the results are going to be released on June 2nd.

As far as I understand, synthetic shares are illegal, am I right? If this is addressed and the SEC takes action I think this will significantly move in our favor, no more fake shares to borrow and the price goes up as much as we all hold. We as a whole control the price.

Do I sound like a dumb youtuber??? LOL
The process you are talking about is called “rehypothecation” its quite similar to a bank lending on a multiplier versus the actual cash they have.

I think the golden example of over rehypothecation leading to more than 100% of issued cap being short was VW about 15-20 years ago? The squeeze made it the most valuable company in the world for a short period.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AMC has over 3.2 million individual "retail" holders according to the CEO. Not sure if that matters but thats alot more than the example your bringing up.

Thats the unfortunate thing, if this hits over $100 and up alot of people are going to jump on the bandwagon and buy in and alot of people are going to lose alot of money they couldnt afford. Im in the fortunate position of having a fair average cost, but alot of people really are going to get screwed.
Their sacrifice will help our cause.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn....I missed all this cause no notifications. I am with you guys and want to hold until 10k. The transfer of wealth will historical. Great freaking week for amc. Things are beyond pilled up for the HFs

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn....I missed all this cause no notifications. I am with you guys and want to hold until 10k. The transfer of wealth will historical. Great freaking week for amc. Things are beyond pilled up for the HFs
Yes sir, feeling pretty confident with this bet.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fact that Ortex is actually going out of their way to tweet about this is pretty crazy imo!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The fact that Ortex is actually going out of their way to tweet about this is pretty crazy imo!
I been really praying about this, no lie. Getting my first house soon, so a true large squeeze would be an on time blessing.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I been really praying about this, no lie. Getting my first house soon, so a true large squeeze would be an on time blessing.
Not financial advice but dont plan unless someting actually really happens. As much as I love Trey, I dont like it when he is planning on spending money on this and that and helping this and that person. Even more disturbing is people posting hospital pictures hoping that they can pay for an operation on reddit.

Lets all have alot of fun with this but lets stay to the ground at the same time. You dont know what these hedgefunds are capable of and you never know when the SEC and government step in and do something because after all, the DTCC covers 4 trillion dollars in insurance and after that the government has to bail out the stock market. AMC squeeze was screwed ones before, and we all made changes moving away from Robinhood but just saying.....

These are crazy times indeed.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not financial advice but dont plan unless someting actually really happens. As much as I love Trey, I dont like it when he is planning on spending money on this and that and helping this and that person. Even more disturbing is people posting hospital pictures hoping that they can pay for an operation on reddit.

Lets all have alot of fun with this but lets stay to the ground at the same time. You dont know what these hedgefunds are capable of and you never know when the SEC and government step in and do something because after all, the DTCC covers 4 trillion dollars in insurance and after that the government has to bail out the stock market. AMC squeeze was screwed ones before, and we all made changes moving away from Robinhood but just saying.....

These are crazy times indeed.
My goal to have a first home now was never contingent on the squeeze. I'm just saying the squeeze would be real nice though.