• Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok been a bit.

I am still deciding what to combine with Pepti-plex next, keeping Growth Factor XT, but I need to make a decision before all these sales stop haha

I finally hit a "deload" this week. I literally just finished finalizing my game plan going forward. I won't be updating a ton in here, but just for sake of some transparency.

I'll retest a few of my metabolic tests I did to start the log and finally be able to see how far that has come in the last 10-12 weeks. One test next week then the following the week after (with a cyclical test probably next week too).

I decided to keep kind of the upper emphasis so I'll be sticking with most of the movements I have been doing with some minor tweaks, including some rep range changes. Throwing in dips for a second chest movement later in the week, etc.

I'll be keeping weightlifting the same and simple.

Add one new metabolic test to test then retest after about 8 weeks.

I'll be prepping the Front Squat for a cycle after this, but I may take a PR attempt during this cycle if it shows itself. I'd like 400lbs this year. :)

I'll keep pushing the bodyweight slowly up then try to get absolutely shredded in the spring with a deadlift focused block looking for a PR around then too.

Ok enough rambling now I just need to decide what to add next, but planning a full Pepti-Plex year for 2024. ;)
Sounds pretty awesome, that’s a big front squat! Out of curiosity what kind of deadlift or will you be looking for?

On a side not have you tried the XPG alpha gel? After more info and research on growth factor I feel like the alpha gel/growth factor would be a pretty awesome stack. So stacking those with Pepti Plex might be an even better.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds pretty awesome, that’s a big front squat! Out of curiosity what kind of deadlift or will you be looking for?

On a side not have you tried the XPG alpha gel? After more info and research on growth factor I feel like the alpha gel/growth factor would be a pretty awesome stack. So stacking those with Pepti Plex might be an even better.
Ya I loved Alpha-Gel, I definitely plan to run that again sometime next year. Right now next bit will be Pepti-Plex + Growth Factor + Not sure haha

I think next step 550lbs would be a good goal, but I haven't been pushing it as hard right now so I plan to re-assess after some time in 2024 to see how far off that is and if it would make sense in the spring/summer. I'll probably try to drop a few pounds around then though too so it just kind of depends. It is on my long term radar I guess. 2-3 training "blocks" before I go back to something deadlift centric (I pretty much always deadlift though, it is just kind of hanging out and maintaining right now).

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya I loved Alpha-Gel, I definitely plan to run that again sometime next year. Right now next bit will be Pepti-Plex + Growth Factor + Not sure haha

I think next step 550lbs would be a good goal, but I haven't been pushing it as hard right now so I plan to re-assess after some time in 2024 to see how far off that is and if it would make sense in the spring/summer. I'll probably try to drop a few pounds around then though too so it just kind of depends. It is on my long term radar I guess. 2-3 training "blocks" before I go back to something deadlift centric (I pretty much always deadlift though, it is just kind of hanging out and maintaining right now).
I picked up the muscle addiction Epi lean 3 pack and planning a run later on next year at some point.

Hell yeah that’s an awesome step 550! Out of curiosity how long are your training blocks?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I picked up the muscle addiction Epi lean 3 pack and planning a run later on next year at some point.

Hell yeah that’s an awesome step 550! Out of curiosity how long are your training blocks?
Definitely tempted by some of the sns/cel/ma/XPG epi offerings. 😂

My training can be a little weird, as is my possibly atypical response. I can go more in depth if needed, but basically if I don’t have a timeline I’ll run certain progression in loop until I hit my goal (if it’s strength oriented) or progress stalls and I need a deload. I’ll still have general periods of time in mind though.

Current are a bit shorter, with this next one being the first week testing a new metcon, then 8 weeks just rolling through progressions unless something happens, then 1 week deload and probable retest after that.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely tempted by some of the sns/cel/ma/XPG epi offerings. 😂

My training can be a little weird, as is my possibly atypical response. I can go more in depth if needed, but basically if I don’t have a timeline I’ll run certain progression in loop until I hit my goal (if it’s strength oriented) or progress stalls and I need a deload. I’ll still have general periods of time in mind though.

Current are a bit shorter, with this next one being the first week testing a new metcon, then 8 weeks just rolling through progressions unless something happens, then 1 week deload and probable retest after that.
Well I like hearing all the different types of training everyone does. I’m so new into my journey that I don’t have any tried and true methods or much experience, but I like to learn.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well I like hearing all the different types of training everyone does. I’m so new into my journey that I don’t have any tried and true methods or much experience, but I like to learn.
Ok I don’t want to overwhelm, but this video is kind of where my current concepts started:

More here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpUp9eeOLyRefDpiZDWtv8YVIaWDGGvxH&si=4Ew-fAfC3G3vhPR6

Second bit is a ton of videos, but I’ve worked directly with Mike T and others who he has worked with/coaches. My plans aren’t really powerlifting only focused so it’s more like the overarching concepts in those videos guide my training.

Hope that makes sense!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok I don’t want to overwhelm, but this video is kind of where my current concepts started:

More here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpUp9eeOLyRefDpiZDWtv8YVIaWDGGvxH&si=4Ew-fAfC3G3vhPR6

Second bit is a ton of videos, but I’ve worked directly with Mike T and others who he has worked with/coaches. My plans aren’t really powerlifting only focused so it’s more like the overarching concepts in those videos guide my training.

Hope that makes sense!
Awesome, I will have to check these out, thanks for sharing!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pump gel is pretty sweet. It is more liquidy than any of the other gels I've used (from memory I think).

Been doing 1 pump inner arm or inner thigh, then second pump on area being worked that day.

I do think I get a little "warming" action. I also think it is potentiating my stim intake. I'll make a longer review eventually.

New metabolic test tomorrow with the planned re-test February 5. I think I might just start AXT tomorrow since that would be perfectly 8 weeks with it, but we'll see.

Met test plus some Front Squat doubles, lets see how heavy I get. ;)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pump gel is pretty sweet. It is more liquidy than any of the other gels I've used (from memory I think).

Been doing 1 pump inner arm or inner thigh, then second pump on area being worked that day.

I do think I get a little "warming" action. I also think it is potentiating my stim intake. I'll make a longer review eventually.

New metabolic test tomorrow with the planned re-test February 5. I think I might just start AXT tomorrow since that would be perfectly 8 weeks with it, but we'll see.

Met test plus some Front Squat doubles, lets see how heavy I get. ;)
Looking forward to your thoughts on pump gel!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok I’ll do a small update.

I decided since I was testing today and retesting in 8 weeks starting AXT today makes sense. I’ll probably align my supplements more with training cycle starts now than at the start of a month or something similar. Makes a bit more sense I guess to me.

Plan is 8 more weeks this “hypertrophy” style training then I’ll reassess. Tentatively that would leave me thinking 2-6 weeks of some sort of either pivot or peaking block depending how these next 8 weeks play out (probably at maintenance calories), then a decent 8-10 week cut after that.

Hit 345 for a double on front squats and it felt pretty easy, so I’ll be excited to see where I can take this as I move into 2024.

Todays metabolic test was a burner though, might be in for some rough 8 weeks building on it. 😭

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks! I was super tempted to take a single at 375 and see how close I felt to 400 already, but with the metabolic test looming I decided to stick to the script.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was super tempted to take a single at 375 and see how close I felt to 400 already,
Dang anywhere near these numbers on front squat is impressive in my books!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, the heaviest ive ever front squatted was 125kg for 6 reps and at that time I was close to that weight myself haha.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dang anywhere near these numbers on front squat is impressive in my books!
Damn, the heaviest ive ever front squatted was 125kg for 6 reps and at that time I was close to that weight myself haha.
Thanks guys.

Some slight changes in training have me doing a heavier set before getting into my "working" sets.

Like today I built up to bodyweight + 65lbs x 4 on Pull ups before backing off to bodyweight + 55lbs x 8-8-8 and 185lbs x 4 on bent over row before backing off to 175 x 10-8-8. Really emphasizing the stretch at the bottom with both of these and was absolute smashed by the end of just those two movements. o_O

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’ve kind of settled on 2 pump gel pumps on push and pull days with 1 on cardio and my more general days. The pump is real and comes on strong so I’m unsure how much I want on my other days.

HR seems to have calmed down on cardio. Sometimes after a deload it gets wacky, but it could have also been me being a little sick. Everyone around me is coughing and snotty, but I feel pretty good other than last weeks wild heart rates during cardio.

Endurance is pretty solid. Below is one of my current “easier” general workouts I’m doing. I’m not focused on improving many of the movements, but I just enjoy keeping them all decently polished so I don’t have a ton of work to do when I feel like focusing on them again.
520B6002-7BB4-4B6A-99EC-D80D0B0CB3B3.jpeg

Weight finally started to move up again. Either pump gel or AXT or a combo of them seems to have filled me out a bit more.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Didn’t do my usual Christmas WOD for the first year in awhile, but todays workout was definitely worse so kind of missed it. 😝

Hit 305x7 on front squats. Small tweak to form seemed what I needed and I’m still not 100% dialed in on form but I’m feeling strong. That’s +10lbs and 1 rep from the start several weeks ago.

Todays circuit left me dying. Going to be fun/horrible progressing this over the next few weeks.
6AADE870-E4AE-4B4F-A309-B3925EB39B6B.jpeg

Holiday week is always chaos so hoping training stays solid, I’ll have to move stuff a bit tho as I travel Thursday-Sunday.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Didn’t do my usual Christmas WOD for the first year in awhile, but todays workout was definitely worse so kind of missed it. 😝

Hit 305x7 on front squats. Small tweak to form seemed what I needed and I’m still not 100% dialed in on form but I’m feeling strong. That’s +10lbs and 1 rep from the start several weeks ago.

Todays circuit left me dying. Going to be fun/horrible progressing this over the next few weeks.
View attachment 239000

Holiday week is always chaos so hoping training stays solid, I’ll have to move stuff a bit tho as I travel Thursday-Sunday.
I don't like power cleans. Had to do them a long time ago in high school and never did them again after high school :ROFLMAO:
They definitely get your heart rate up though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really wanted to get more updates going on Pump Gel and the stack in general, but super busy working this week, so might have to wait a bit.

I'll say pumps are pretty nuts with the entire combo of things going on right now. I need to update specifics as I've made some slight changes, hope to update soon.

Had some crazy veins across my arms on today's back work.

Other quick note was several people asked me why I am so happy this week. Idk maybe I am an angry person, caught me off guard. Seems the AXT is working. :)

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Super busy still. Had a not too long trip the past weekend and will have a super long trip next week (not this week).

The driving gave me a chance to think about some things though.

2023 was a very good year for me in terms of getting back into the swing of things. Looking forward to 2024. I don't have a ton of goals that are outcome oriented at the moment, but I do like to reflect on what I may be looking at during the start of each year.

All kind of depend on how I feel at the time or how things progress, as I leave stuff pretty open ended:
-4-8 more weeks of "building" with the current plan.
-Hope to hit a Front Squat max PR during this time or will tack on a specific training block after if it feels in reach and the extra time is needed.
-Then I really want to just get peeled this spring, just dial it down and see where I can get.
-Maybe shoot for deadlift PR in the beginning of that phase or revisit it later in the year.

After that some more tangential and less certain goals that will depend on how I feel when they get close:
-If running feels good maybe shoot for something like a 5 minute mile or a sub 20 minute 5k.
-Maybe take another crack at 30 unbroken MU.
-If I get the WL itch maybe push above a 2x bodyweight clean.

Outside of that I've enjoyed the more "slowed down" bodybuilding tempo emphasis lately and might just put other stuff on the back burner to just keep grinding away on that. :)

Things are still tough as it seems progress always feels "slower" than I'd like, but while I may not have all the right variables lined up for me genetically, I did at least line up being good at doing stuff forever without complaining and just getting things done. 🙃

Whenever anyone asks how I've reached most of my goals it usually just ends up being me saying because I've worked on them longer than most people are willing to. I'll surpass 2k workouts in my current training app this year as long as nothing crazy happens.

Attachments

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really do need to get a good write up of my supplement thoughts, but we'll see what time allows.

Current usage with some small tweaks from previously:
Supplements:
AM: 1 SNS KSM-66, 1 Sabroxy XT + 150mg-200mg Caffeine, 1 pump XPG Curcuprime + 1 pump Pump-Gel (2 pumps on "push or pull" days)
Pre: 2 Pepti-plex, 2 PA-XT, 2g Peak O2, 3 Anabolic XT, 2 Growth Factor XT, 25g Carbs (HBCD + Carb10 mix) + 15g Recover EAA + 3g Betaine +6g Cit Mal
During/After: 30g Protein + 25g Carbs (HBCD + Carb10 mix) + 5g Creatine
PM: 2 Pepti-plex, 2 PA-XT, , 3 Anabolic XT (3 ZMA-XT + 2 Growth Factor XT pre-bed)

Quick notes:
-Everything still feels pretty good, doing pistols lately with absolutely zero stiffness or tension in the knees (Pepti-Plex really does seem to be increasing joint recovery or just how I feel all the time).
-Maybe I am like a hyper responder, but I only need 1 pump Pump Gel most days, the days I do 2 is brutal. I also get a warming sensation and I swear I am sweating more. It is cold again and I am still having to strip out of my sweats for most of my work.
-AXT + GF really has my mood feeling great.
-Weight finally started going back up again, but while I was away I was in a "new" environment and I swear I was looking leaner than I thought in the mirrors. Still ab veins and everything, so I am really hoping this slow bulking has meant my gains are leaner than usual. I am in my "sweet spot" currently where I feel great most of the time.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some good positives this week. Everything felt stronger.

Highlights:
Driving 7 hours and then going straight to the gym and still working up to 330x5 front squat (don’t want to talk about my metabolic work after though 🤮)
Bwt+60lbs x 10 on pull ups
Shoulder has felt a little unstable previous weeks but felt rock solid on handstand walking and pressing this week
Chest pump right now is so big I have a fear I won’t be able to get out of my shirt

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Super busy still. Had a not too long trip the past weekend and will have a super long trip next week (not this week).

The driving gave me a chance to think about some things though.

2023 was a very good year for me in terms of getting back into the swing of things. Looking forward to 2024. I don't have a ton of goals that are outcome oriented at the moment, but I do like to reflect on what I may be looking at during the start of each year.

All kind of depend on how I feel at the time or how things progress, as I leave stuff pretty open ended:
-4-8 more weeks of "building" with the current plan.
-Hope to hit a Front Squat max PR during this time or will tack on a specific training block after if it feels in reach and the extra time is needed.
-Then I really want to just get peeled this spring, just dial it down and see where I can get.
-Maybe shoot for deadlift PR in the beginning of that phase or revisit it later in the year.

After that some more tangential and less certain goals that will depend on how I feel when they get close:
-If running feels good maybe shoot for something like a 5 minute mile or a sub 20 minute 5k.
-Maybe take another crack at 30 unbroken MU.
-If I get the WL itch maybe push above a 2x bodyweight clean.

Outside of that I've enjoyed the more "slowed down" bodybuilding tempo emphasis lately and might just put other stuff on the back burner to just keep grinding away on that. :)

Things are still tough as it seems progress always feels "slower" than I'd like, but while I may not have all the right variables lined up for me genetically, I did at least line up being good at doing stuff forever without complaining and just getting things done. 🙃

Whenever anyone asks how I've reached most of my goals it usually just ends up being me saying because I've worked on them longer than most people are willing to. I'll surpass 2k workouts in my current training app this year as long as nothing crazy happens.
Sounds like it was a good year! Awesome accomplishment on going to surpass 2k workouts in an app that a lot of work man!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Driving 7 hours and then going straight to the gym and still working up to 330x5 front squat
Nice! Anytime I travel I always feel off in the gym. I usually try to workout before a long drive or plane ride so I don't have to worry about it once I get to my destination.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A foot of snow to shovel yesterday and that always tends to eat into how I feel for the same day/following day's training.

I felt a little more off in the hips, but I still worked up to 350 x 3 on front squat and it moved quite well. The set before at 320 was fast.

I felt good all session, but tired after. Been a little tired lately, still hungover from the trip and looking at 25-30 hours in the car this weekend so it will only get worse. o_O

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dealing with some issues outside of work/gym last couple weeks and mentally pretty beat up. I really wanted to get a good write up since I am closing in on the end of my "bulk". I hit my weight goal, but going to push another 4-6 weeks again and try to get the "average" weight and not just hitting one time on the scale at the goal weight.

Retesting next week and the week after and honestly things are going good (inside the gym) so I'll probably just keep running my progressions into March and may push cutting start to April. Things are a little up in the air, but again I'd like a good write up of AXT + Pepti-Plex + PA-XT soon (GFXT last half as well) since I will probably switch some things around in the spring when I cut.

Front squatted 325 x 6-6-5 on Monday and similar good progress everywhere else as well. Seeing some solid upper body gains in the mirror as well.

Just rambling and probably won't drop back in here until I have any milestones or am ready to post a major update (unless my motivation increases to log again).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dealing with some issues outside of work/gym last couple weeks and mentally pretty beat up. I really wanted to get a good write up since I am closing in on the end of my "bulk". I hit my weight goal, but going to push another 4-6 weeks again and try to get the "average" weight and not just hitting one time on the scale at the goal weight.

Retesting next week and the week after and honestly things are going good (inside the gym) so I'll probably just keep running my progressions into March and may push cutting start to April. Things are a little up in the air, but again I'd like a good write up of AXT + Pepti-Plex + PA-XT soon (GFXT last half as well) since I will probably switch some things around in the spring when I cut.

Front squatted 325 x 6-6-5 on Monday and similar good progress everywhere else as well. Seeing some solid upper body gains in the mirror as well.

Just rambling and probably won't drop back in here until I have any milestones or am ready to post a major update (unless my motivation increases to log again).
congrats on hitting your goal bro .. take care of your mental health outside of gym man, ive been there as well and sometimes flashbacks takes me still there and have to deal with it

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
congrats on hitting your goal bro .. take care of your mental health outside of gym man, ive been there as well and sometimes flashbacks takes me still there and have to deal with it
Thanks. Part of the reason I'm pushing the cutting off a bit. I am on no real time table and while I'd like the change of pace I also don't think I am ready for some of it yet. :LOL:

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of great info and progress in here! 325 front squats for reps is no joke.

Also, what app are you using to track workouts? I like that it tells you how many total you've logged.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A lot of great info and progress in here! 325 front squats for reps is no joke.

Also, what app are you using to track workouts? I like that it tells you how many total you've logged.
Ya they have been feeling pretty good for the most part lately. Really pushing for 400+ this year then maybe get back on the back squat grind for a PR there if things line up.

I use TrueCoach, but someone else writes my workouts. I use it for my clients as well so I use it on both ends I guess. It probably isn't the right kind of app for individuals though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really got thinking about some goals I am close to and would like to hit in the long term as well (maybe before 40? makes me feel old thinking that isn't THAT far away).

In other news some good progress on a horrible re-test of conditioning I did in December. Decided to officially stick with another 4-6 weeks of the current plan with hopes of hitting something big in FS then moving on and dropping some weight and changing gears in March-April. :)

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Front squat 340x4-3-2 all fast stopped before final rep slowed (relative speed not absolute).

These seem my best “indicator” right now. All my upper hypertrophic work seems to be really working and improving too, just the weights aren’t super exciting, so much focus on tempo, rom, pause, etc. Up to Bwt+65x10-9-8 on pull ups today though so that’s fun.

Pumps are stupid right now.

Recovery with recovery fix added is legit. Last week and today after yesterdays tough session has me less sore than usual.

Came in for an update since I’ll be making an order changing up my supplement plan going forward (since training and diet should be changing soon). I’ll be keeping all my usuals, sticking with pepti plex, but determining if I start Recomp 20 now or go 4 more weeks AXT. Regardless I’m itching for some Anabolic Effect. 👍

I attached my gross circuit yesterday. Second round though was extra gross. 🫠

Attachments

paulg

paulg

Awards
I think its always important for people to distinguish things like that.

I think some people get so caught up in hearing big number gains that they don't realize that many people that have been training for many years consistently are so close to their genetic potential, that a couple lb. gain for someone like you or @TheMrMuscle is more significant than a 10 lb. gain for someone that is a beginner or inconsistent.
This.
Is.
Truth.
It takes something special to break past the genetic barrier.

And people gained "10 lbs" left and right years ago on the old school phs. And lost most of it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And people gained "10 lbs" left and right years ago on the old school phs. And lost most of it.
Hate to say it but I was one of them :ROFLMAO:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
6 Month Review of Pepti-plex:

Supplements Schedule for most month use:
You can look back through for some highlights, but it didn't change a ton over the 6 months.

Objective Measures:
I ran a 9 month "bulk" with 6 months of that being with the introduction of Pepti-plex. It was very successful, albeit very slow compared to what most people aim for. I put on 10lbs total over the duration of the 9 months, which was in line with what I was aiming for.
Expenditure based on Macrofactor rose from 2530 at the end of my previous cut to 2730 by the end of this bulk.

Training:
-My training progression can be pretty boring. Most people don't have the patience nor tend to be as slow and steady of a progress maker as I tend to be, but I made pretty steady gains of weight, reps, or increased volume without drastic changes to exercises over the 6 months.
-Peaking with bests of:
Bwt + 70lbs x 10 on Pull ups
and
Max 400lbs on Front Squat
(again alongside tons of other progressions, I barely had any exercises that stalled during this 6 months)

Subjective Thoughts:
-I made most progress in my upper body. It was my focus, so that is good. I feel "thicker" in the upper than pretty much I have ever been at what is a pretty reasonable body fat.
-Again as noted above I pretty much was able to constantly progress on all movements consistently.
-Only 2-3 deloads during the entire process.
-My hips/glutes also seemed to have a decent bit of growth from beginning to end.

Overall 6 Month Thoughts:
-Number one thing I notice is I feel "revitalized" in all my training. I feel like I am "younger" or progress more like a younger lifter or how I did 5-10 years ago.
-Recovery of everything feels improved. Muscles and joints always seem ready to go for more training pretty quickly.
-Endurance and cardiovascular work also made solid progress even though it was not the major focus of this training block.

Overall, I love this stuff. I ran into some outside of training issues a couple months ago that derailed some of my strength progress more than anything else, otherwise I think I would have hit a higher front squat PR, but given the issues I've had to work through I am pretty happy with how things have ended this week as I move into a cut. I look forward to now seeing how this works as I try to preserve strength and muscle as I drop some weight. I'll update in another few months based on how that goes. :)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I'm on bottle #3 (of 4) and will likely be picking up the 3 pack on @sns8778 Easter sale. I do think this has really helped my training recovery, so this may become a full time staple.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm on bottle #3 (of 4) and will likely be picking up the 3 pack on @sns8778 Easter sale. I do think this has really helped my training recovery, so this may become a full time staple.
Easter sale now we're talking! :)