SNS Multi-Mushroom - Ideas & Discussion Thread

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is the plan equal dosing or giving greater weight to some? I’d like to see a decent amount of a Chaga to get the mood benefits.

I’m also not sure if you’ve considered standardized extracts for cordecyps and lions mane. For whatever reasons, I can handle 2-3g of Peak O2 no problem but some of these I’ve tried standardized and found that I felt a little lightheaded if it came on too fast.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is the plan equal dosing or giving greater weight to some? I’d like to see a decent amount of a Chaga to get the mood benefits.

I’m also not sure if you’ve considered standardized extracts for cordecyps and lions mane. For whatever reasons, I can handle 2-3g of Peak O2 no problem but some of these I’ve tried standardized and found that I felt a little lightheaded if it came on too fast.
The dosing won't be exactly equal but it will be fairly uniform, with slightly higher dosages on a couple.

That's kind of the thing with a product containing 10 mushrooms, we can't go very high dosed on an individual one without going down on the doses of others.

I love PEAK02 and its a great product.

I'm not a fan of high doses of standardized mushrooms so no, we won't be doing mega dosing on any of those.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But there are studies showing that lions mane raises testosterone and enhances libido......
that's amazing! I have not seen any of those studies but would be grateful to see them!

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to start this multi-quote off by saying that I appreciate everyone's opinions on the subject. My reply here isn't to make light of anyone's, because I truly appreciate the varying points of view. I'm just replying with an overall take on it and my own opinions based off of a couple of years of research on mushrooms.

For context, I've researched them since pre-Covid and anyone that knows me knows that I read and research this type of stuff not just because its my job, but also because its one of my most passionate hobbies.

I appreciate your insight and opinion on this.

Any multi-mushroom product that we do would include Lion's Mane because overall that's one of the main mushrooms that people are looking for.

As for the possible issues that you're talking about, as you said yourself, its not scientifically validated but more of people's opinions from personal experience on the subject.

This is where I feel context is very important - in that most of the people (actually all) that I've ever seen say that happened with them were doing what I would consider to be high doses of Lion's Mane. (2 to 3 grams per day).

The dosage that I have planned for this product would be 500 to 1,000 mg. per day; so it wouldn't be in the range where people commonly report those issues anyway.

But my reason for the dosage being lower isn't even that, its to be able to give a good efficient dose of the different mushrooms without overdoing it and also I worry more about the potential lethargy with Lion's Mane at higher dosages.

I've never seen any actual studies showing that Lion's Mane can have a negative impact on testosterone. I've seen studies showing that it can potentially have positive benefits on testosterone, but honestly I'm not sold on the idea that it will increase or decrease it.

Even the few anecdotal things I've seen where people posted bloodwork saying that their testosterone was low from Lion's Mane (they were all dosing very high), I've never seen a fair and accurate comparison. Like if someone gets their test levels checked and they are low and they don't have a baseline from before they started, they really have no way of knowing if any ingredient did that. And I think the symptoms some attribute to Lion's Mane in that sense may not be coming from low test as much as other methods of action.

I've said for years - back when Lion's Mane was being promoted as the end all be all greatest thing in the world - that mega dosing wasn't a good idea for a lot of people because some people (myself included) feel like crap at too high of a dosing on it. And bc of my endocrine condition, I probably get bloodwork done more than 99.9% of the population and it never affected those numbers, but at 2 grams+ per day, it makes me feel like a lethargic zombie.

I agree on your overall thoughts on Reddit. So many things on there get blown out of proportion and I sense that a lot of people just agree and go with whatever other people are saying.

I was replying post by post before I read this one from you, and I agree - its like I posted above, some people I do think LM makes them feel like crap at higher doses, but that doesn't necessarily mean its from affecting test levels.

That's kind of one of those tricky situations - because there's no logical reasoning that I know of that it would cause a negative impact on DHT so therefore, its something that I'm not sure has been researched extensively.

I think that Lion's Mane really is one of those that works differently for different people; and that people got too carried away in trying to mega dose it to begin with.

The different response for people is why we never used it in Focus XT. When it first got popular, everyone was asking if we were going to put it in Focus XT and I never would.

There is so much misinformation and agenda posting in that section on there that I honestly cannot even make myself read it. I've seriously tried and a lot of it is almost like a cult in the sense that if a well-known member says it, it becomes like a blind truth that many believe no matter what.

What you wrote about dosing lines up with what I mentioned above and what I've been saying for years - that some people get way too carried away with what they think the dose on Lion's Mane needs to be.

And same, I love PEAK02.

I think that the method of action by which it makes some feel lethargic at high doses isn't related to test/DHT imo.

I think its one of those things where a lot of people jump to a conclusion that because high doses makes them lethargic that it must be hormonal when its a good chance it could be a different moa completely.
responded in a professional manner as always! truly a class act steve.

as I mentioned before I have only seen anecdotal reports in regard to lions mane & negative dht implications but to hear you have seen studies with a positive impact is amazing.

if you have those at the ready I would love for you to pm them to me as I am ready to pull the trigger on lions mane as I have seen the great impacts on cognition & neurogenesis it can lead to!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
that's amazing! I have not seen any of those studies but would be grateful to see them!
A quick Google search will bring them up. Also the only studies showing that it lowers dht or testosterone were done on animals.

I'm assuming the "reddit expert's" read a couple animal studies and decided to educate everyone based on there findings.

This kinda reminds me of when ppl found out creatine raises dht and every 16 yr. Old went to reddit starting threads about creatine making then go bald.

On a side note, even If lions mane does lower dht, it would be a insignificant amount. It kinda reminds me of all the ppl scared to take metformin and gda's because they lower igf-1 in studies done on 80 year old men who dont exercise. So now 35 year old tom is scared of lowering there igf and loosing muscle while in reality, if tom got his insulin sitivity under control and dropped 30lbs of fat it would help increase his testosterone and lower his estrogen amongst other things that would improve his quality of life.

also, just my educated opinion, If lions mane was powerful enough to lower testosterone and block dht to any significant degree, then big pharma would probably have it's hand in here. There is a lot of money to be made on hormone blockers and anti hair loss drugs. And bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts would no longer need to spent a ton of money on expensive dht blocking shampoos or take nasty drugs like finastride, we could just drink lions mane tea instead.

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to squeeze all my thoughts into this one post so Steve can get back to his thread

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
**Haven't read the thread yet.

I use a blend of 10:1 Cordyceps Militaris and Chaga extract.

White Jelly Mushroom is a lesser known fungus. It has antiaging benefits with most pertaining to skin.

Mushrooms needed to be blended for specific goals and synergy. It's very possible to overload the immune system.

EDIT: I never noticed anything from the Lions Main Extracts I've tried.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
**Haven't read the thread yet.

I use a blend of 10:1 Cordyceps Militaris and Chaga extract.

White Jelly Mushroom is a lesser known fungus. It has antiaging benefits with most pertaining to skin.

Mushrooms needed to be blended for specific goals and synergy. It's very possible to overload the immune system.

EDIT: I never noticed anything from the Lions Main Extracts I've tried.
The majority of the demand that we've had for a multi-mushroom formula has been for a blend of a lot of different types. There are a lot of companies that do products like that, and I think that people know we'll use good forms, dose them better, and make a very good and very cost effective product.

I do agree that there's a virtue into getting very specific with some mushroom blends, but I'm not trying to have to do 10 mushroom products to start off with - so my initial thought is to give people what most are asking for (the multi-mushroom blend) and then if it sells well, maybe branch out into more specific mushroom based formulas.

I have read up on White Jelly Mushroom; good idea on mentioning that. The only reason that didn't make the final cut for the tentative formula was just bc have to stop somewhere. But I could definitely be persuaded to include that one haha.

Stopstalking2

Stopstalking2

Awards
The majority of the demand that we've had for a multi-mushroom formula has been for a blend of a lot of different types. There are a lot of companies that do products like that, and I think that people know we'll use good forms, dose them better, and make a very good and very cost effective product.

I do agree that there's a virtue into getting very specific with some mushroom blends, but I'm not trying to have to do 10 mushroom products to start off with - so my initial thought is to give people what most are asking for (the multi-mushroom blend) and then if it sells well, maybe branch out into more specific mushroom based formulas.

I have read up on White Jelly Mushroom; good idea on mentioning that. The only reason that didn't make the final cut for the tentative formula was just bc have to stop somewhere. But I could definitely be persuaded to include that one haha.
If white jelly really helps with anti aging I love the addition of it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
We grew the white jelly mushroom in science class one year, the teacher called them winter fungus if im not mistaken, it was one of like 6 mushrooms we grew out of jar lids. Back then I didn't know they had all these benefits.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok that’s what I figured. That’s fine I guess, but Reddit users in those subreddits always seem to be suffering from something regardless of what they use so I’d just prefer something a little more concrete for why.

In general if someone uses something and it makes them feel bad that’s plenty reason to avoid. Just not sure it’s worth basing firm conclusions off of, for myself personally, when there’s anecdotal reports of the opposite as well and no actual hard evidence.

But I understand everyone will use different methods to arrive at how they decide what to use, I was just wondering if I’d missed anything in particular.
Agreed. The Lion's Mane fear-mongering is a topic I tackled a few years back on a podcast when a certain "biohacker" was running around touting this non-sense.

To other's points in this thread, Reddit's nootropics/supplements sections are laughable at times, rife with misconceptions and wrong information. Medicinal mushrooms have an overwhelmingly long history of use in traditional medicine and modern research is continuing to uncover the myriad benefits associated with their consumption.

For an SNS blend, I think 4-5 mushrooms is good, assuming you're offering a 2-4g dose per serving. I'm not sure how much benefit there is to be had from taking 10 different mushrooms and only getting 50-100mg of each.

PeakO2 is a decent ingredient with a handful of studies to back up its benefits. However, it's heavily biased towards cordyceps and they use mycelium, which means your powder is essential 2/3 ground up organic grains, and only 1/3 actual mushrooms. If going for a mushroom only product, I'd vote for the fruiting bodies.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PeakO2 is a decent ingredient with a handful of studies to back up its benefits. However, it's heavily biased towards cordyceps and they use mycelium, which means your powder is essential 2/3 ground up organic grains, and only 1/3 actual mushrooms. If going for a mushroom only product, I'd vote for the fruiting bodies.
This is where I’d like to know the exact breakdown of each ingredient within the blend, but I also understand why Disruptive Nutrition/Mike McCandless doesn’t disclose this.

End of the day, Peak02 has always treated me very well so I tend to go back to it

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. The Lion's Mane fear-mongering is a topic I tackled a few years back on a podcast when a certain "biohacker" was running around touting this non-sense.

To other's points in this thread, Reddit's nootropics/supplements sections are laughable at times, rife with misconceptions and wrong information. Medicinal mushrooms have an overwhelmingly long history of use in traditional medicine and modern research is continuing to uncover the myriad benefits associated with their consumption.

For an SNS blend, I think 4-5 mushrooms is good, assuming you're offering a 2-4g dose per serving. I'm not sure how much benefit there is to be had from taking 10 different mushrooms and only getting 50-100mg of each.

There are benefits in mycelium as well, even if the compound content is highest in the fruiting body. The best supplements I have used contain both- think of it almost like an entourage effect.

In any case, a legitimate product will always clearly show the beta glucan content at minimum. Bonus points for triterpinoids, sterols, and statins- though that is very rare to see.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There are benefits in mycelium as well, even if the compound content is highest in the fruiting body. The best supplements I have used contain both- think of it almost like an entourage effect.

In any case, a legitimate product will always clearly show the beta glucan content at minimum. Bonus points for triterpinoids, sterols, and statins- though that is very rare to see.
Also cool to see, for example, Cordycepin content in Cordyceps

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Agreed that the mycelium contains beneficial components, but my opinion is that in terms of maximizing the amount of actives per gram of material, fruiting body is superior.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed that the mycelium contains beneficial components, but my opinion is that in terms of maximizing the amount of actives per gram of material, fruiting body is superior.
To me that is akin to saying, well the Salidrosides in rhodiola are the active component so let's just omit the rosavins to maximize the actives of material. If you are making a product and want the wholistic effect, there is no reason to not include all of the active material.

Or just make an extract.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I can understand the rationale behind doing a 4 to 5 mushroom combination to allow for higher dosing, but most of the products on the market in the mushroom category that sell well have 8 to 10 mushrooms in them, so I don't think a 4/5 blend would sell well. My thought is doing 10 and having the dosing better than competing products, but not 2 to 4 grams because not everyone would want or need that high of dosing.

If we did 1 gram of some and 500 mg. of some others per scoop, then people could of course use however many scoops to achieve the dosing they want to for themselves.

I hope that makes sense.

I think that PEAK02 is much better than 'decent' in my opinion, as the clinical studies on it are impressive and I like that the one done at UNC actually used real athletes - that shows both great results and the brand having confidence in their ingredient for them to pick an already athletic study group.

From a personal use perspective, PEAK02 is the best thing I've ever used for cardiovascular endurance.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your insight/reasoning into the development/thought process behind the upcoming mushroom product. I can understand that. Releasing new products is a delicate dance between consumer perception, making products affordable (profitable), and in-line with the research...something I still struggle with (try to improve upon) to this day. Medicinal mushrooms are fantastic, but something I'm trying to reconcile is the minimum effective dose of each mushroom.

Based on what I've read thus far, most mushrooms seem to offer benefits when consumed consistently -- their benefits are not obtained acutely so much as with continued use. So, that means that a small dose could yield benefits when consumed for multiple days/weeks on end. But, is there a lower threshold that below that amount, even when consumed daily, won't really yield any tangible ("real world") benefits.

Also, I think PeakO2 is a solid ingredient ("decent" was likely the wrong word to use). I've spoken with Compound Solutions, as well as Dr. Abbie and the other researchers involved in the study, and have purchased multiple tubs of the ingredient. It has improved my training (as well as my wife's), I just wonder if there's a better way to skin the proverbial cat...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is where I’d like to know the exact breakdown of each ingredient within the blend, but I also understand why Disruptive Nutrition/Mike McCandless doesn’t disclose this.

End of the day, Peak02 has always treated me very well so I tend to go back to it
I'm a big fan of PEAK02 myself and its the best product I've ever used for cardiovascular endurance.

I don't blame them at all for not disclosing the breakdown because I'm sure they likely put a lot of money into those studies on it and they have an ingredient that works really well for most people that take it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm a big fan of PEAK02 myself and its the best product I've ever used for cardiovascular endurance.

I don't blame them at all for not disclosing the breakdown because I'm sure they likely put a lot of money into those studies on it and they have an ingredient that works really well for most people that take it.
Same, it is in the top running for me definitely.

I don't like using any prop blends anymore, but I can kind of justify it with PeakO2 since they actually backed it with studies.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To me that is akin to saying, well the Salidrosides in rhodiola are the active component so let's just omit the rosavins to maximize the actives of material. If you are making a product and want the wholistic effect, there is no reason to not include all of the active material.

Or just make an extract.
I think that a lot of times that brands don't include all the % breakdowns of things, its not necessarily because they ingredients aren't in there, but its because of raw material supply chain variables.

For example, if a supplier has a material that they guarantee to be say a min. of 2% Salidrosides, that doesn't mean the Rosavins aren't in there, it just means that the supplier may not guarantee it to be an exact amount from batch to batch. Or vice versa, there is material that specifies Rosavin content but the Salidrosides may vary.

I think its the same way with mushrooms in some cases - its not that all the stuff isn't in there, its that it may vary slightly from batch to batch and make it harder for brands to identify the exact amounts to put; so they may just not put them at all.

And sometimes it actually comes down to label space on a supplements facts panel and you just run out of room to put information that isn't necessary and required. I can't speak for other brands on this being their reasoning, but I know it is for us. We're in the process of creating label text for our designer for upcoming products and I have several things I've had to take out optional information in order to have the supplement facts text be a readable size.

Heck, with CEL Lipo Elite, we had to go with a larger size bottle than needed for the # of capsules just to be able to make room for all the info on the supplements facts.

I'm just explaining this in general terms so that people can see that sometimes there are multiple reasons for things.

Another good example, the CEL nighttime anabolic sleep aid formula I'm working on, I honestly have no idea how the heck we can fit all of those ingredients on the supplement facts and we may have to go with an oversized tub just to fit them haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same, it is in the top running for me definitely.

I don't like using any prop blends anymore, but I can kind of justify it with PeakO2 since they actually backed it with studies.
I'm the same way. I tend to not think of things like PEAK02, Senactiv, and AstraGin as prop blends and just think of them as ingredients themselves bc the studies are done on the specific ingredient and therefore the combination of the sum of ingredients.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm the same way. I tend to not think of things like PEAK02, Senactiv, and AstraGin as prop blends and just think of them as ingredients themselves bc the studies are done on the specific ingredient and therefore the combination of the sum of ingredients.
Potentially dumb question, but your comment made me think of it: any rationale or absorption/bioavailability benefit to adding AstraGin or Bioperine to the future mushroom blend?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Potentially dumb question, but your comment made me think of it: any rationale or absorption/bioavailability benefit to adding AstraGin or Bioperine to the future mushroom blend?
I'm not sure that I've ever read where there would or wouldn't be. I've considered it because even if it didn't help, it wouldn't hurt.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a mushroom that has betalains? That woukd be a cool add.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One thing I wanted to mention at the beginning of this thread is that I’ve researched mushrooms a lot over the last couple of years and the more I’ve looked into them, the more I am convinced of 2 things:
  1. That they hold a wide variety of potential health, performance, and beauty benefits.
  2. That they are possibly one of the top 5 supplement categories in terms of companies of where disinformation is incredibly common and where many companies and suppliers sales pitches are blindly believed as facts.
^^^ That is one of the reasons we hadn’t already done a mushroom product like this, because I feel like there is so much misinformation in this category that I feel like almost nothing we do is going to be viewed as right or good enough by some, and I haven’t wanted to spend the time debating, defending, or being argued with over the intentional disinformation that seems to affect this particular category.

That’s another reason I thought this thread would be a good idea – to serve as a discussion thread for people that wanted to discuss and debate the different mushrooms, forms, etc.

I'm going to tag some people that I think may be interested in mushroom ingredients based off of them mentioning them in other threads and/or their overall enjoyment of liking discussions like this. If I forget to tag you, nothing personal, I'm sleep deprived and feel like I'm about to fall out haha.

Also, not trying to put anyone on the spot - I don't expect anyone to post, but appreciate anyone that does - it was more that I was thinking of some people that I thought may enjoy conversations like this in general.

@aaronuconn @jh1 @Resolve10 @Stachio @Ziyo @N2ofusion @GQdaLEGEND @Rocket3015 @Segansational @TheMrMuscle @Rocket3015 @Dustin07 @Hyde @NattyJuicer @BOSSMAN @SSJ4GOD @Jeremyk1 @tenorguy33 @Airmaniac @BillD @BigGame84 @akboom87 @big_jewels @composner
Fair enough Steve but I think we can all agree that medicinal mushrooms only work if they are in one's coffee. #truth #dripbrewedshrooms

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fair enough Steve but I think we can all agree that medicinal mushrooms only work if they are in one's coffee. #truth #dripbrewedshrooms
I think and hope that you're joking bc no wat that I as someone who doesn't like mushrooms would be adding it to coffee haha

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Big fan of this idea. Would also love to see a high high doses turkey tail product because of the cancer research behind it

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think and hope that you're joking bc no wat that I as someone who doesn't like mushrooms would be adding it to coffee haha
No I don't partake in shroom coffee I just know, going back almost 20 years now, there have been companies(MLM at the time) selling mushroom coffee for EXORBITANT prices. I personally never bought the hype as I would think a non-heat treated version would be preferable for almost all botanical/plant compounds. My old manager pushed them hard but that guy would have bought into sand in the desert if the sales rep pitched it well enough lol.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So no West Coast Roasting + SNS collab on Mushroom Coffee? Oh man
IF it's a 'bottle of shrooms with your lb of coffee', I'm down, otherwise hell no, haha. DO NOT ADULTERATE THE COFFEE!

I've mentioned I wish someone would do a capped stim free nootropic to take with my morning coffee, and I think performance creamers can be cool for those who enjoy cream in their coffee.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So no West Coast Roasting + SNS collab on Mushroom Coffee? Oh man
I would be open to it if people wanted to drink it and buy it, but I don't know if I could drink it myself haha. (But I'm going to struggle with the flavor sampling of the mushroom product in general bc I hate the taste of mushrooms lol)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Idea: what if someone made a really cool capsule product with some bomb-ass mushroom extracts that you could take....stay with me now....that you could take with your AWESOME cup of Www.westcoastroasting.com coffee and not have to taste the mushroom funk, not ruin the Amazing coffee flavor, but get the benefits of the mushrooms?

Feel free to rip that idea off and patent it, I won't stop you. Now, what were we talking about?

:D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's the best multimushroom capsule blend out there now?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Somehow missed this one I think, any update on this product? Love me some shrooms, an all in one would be killer.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I went with Morphogen's product in the meantime; I'll grab SNS when it's out!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have no experience with Mushrooms, I guess I should get educated

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What's the best multimushroom capsule blend out there now?
I would have to look around some myself. That was one of the reasons that I wanted to do a product like this because I can't find one available that I would even buy myself honestly.

Somehow missed this one I think, any update on this product? Love me some shrooms, an all in one would be killer.
I have a tentative formula done for a capsule and a powder version. I would like to have one out by the end of the year. I have our graphic artist playing around with some ideas because I want the label to be a little fun and creative on this one.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have heard a lot of polarizing reviews of lions mane, anyone else?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have heard a lot of polarizing reviews of lions mane, anyone else?
Lion's Mane is a great ingredient for most people at a reasonable dose.

For some people, its great at a higher dose but then some people it seems to have a reverse effect at a higher dose. For everyone that you hear of having better focus and clarity at a high dose, there seems to be someone that it gives brain fog to at the same dosages. That's why in general I think that combination products should have a good, but not high dose of it in there and that if people want to experiment with it at higher dosages, the best way to do it with Lion's Mane is as a single ingredient.

I remember when the Lion's Mane hype first hit and some nootropics were starting to include it at high dosages - that's why we didn't in Focus XT - because for people that like it, they can always use it solo, but for those that don't, they wouldn't be able to take it.

For me personally, Lion's Mane makes me feel off - hard to explain it exactly, just off at higher dosages. I just feel almost dissociated and not myself.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just feel almost dissociated and not myself.
Some of the Med's I'm on right now make me feel this way, I don't like it either !

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
Lion's Mane is a great ingredient for most people at a reasonable dose.

For some people, its great at a higher dose but then some people it seems to have a reverse effect at a higher dose. For everyone that you hear of having better focus and clarity at a high dose, there seems to be someone that it gives brain fog to at the same dosages. That's why in general I think that combination products should have a good, but not high dose of it in there and that if people want to experiment with it at higher dosages, the best way to do it with Lion's Mane is as a single ingredient.

I remember when the Lion's Mane hype first hit and some nootropics were starting to include it at high dosages - that's why we didn't in Focus XT - because for people that like it, they can always use it solo, but for those that don't, they wouldn't be able to take it.

For me personally, Lion's Mane makes me feel off - hard to explain it exactly, just off at higher dosages. I just feel almost dissociated and not myself.
It’s funny you mention this..
I just realised that Lions Mane has been having the same effect lately and I’ve been kind of megadosing lions mane and also taking reishi at the same time. As someone with history of dissociation I can definitely relate. I’ve been feeling very spaced out and demotivated a little bit. What are your thoughts on possible antiandrogenic effects of the two mentioned mushrooms?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s funny you mention this..
I just realised that Lions Mane has been having the same effect lately and I’ve been kind of megadosing lions mane and also taking reishi at the same time. As someone with history of dissociation I can definitely relate. I’ve been feeling very spaced out and demotivated a little bit. What are your thoughts on possible antiandrogenic effects of the two mentioned mushrooms?
The ironic and fascinating thing to me about dissociation, and you may can relate since you deal with it too, is that a lot of times it takes a while of feeling that way to realize that we are bc we're kind of used to it. And its like our brains, or at least mine, takes awhile to process and be like oh crap, this is happening worse right now.

I've seen a lot of people say they feel off or unmotivated and blame it on other things bc they don't realize that Lion's Mane can do that - but it does to a lot of people, myself included. I personally will not take more than 500 to 1000 mg. per day and really don't like to take it at all.

Honestly, I think the antiandrogenic effects aspect is overstated and I don't think its going to make a real world difference at all for that. I wouldn't take them if I was looking for an antiandrogenic effect but I wouldn't avoid them if I was worried about one - bc in my opinion, that's one of those things that may be like that on paper but probably isn't going to translate into the real world. That's just my opinion though, but I've researched them a lot for years.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
The ironic and fascinating thing to me about dissociation, and you may can relate since you deal with it too, is that a lot of times it takes a while of feeling that way to realize that we are bc we're kind of used to it. And its like our brains, or at least mine, takes awhile to process and be like oh crap, this is happening worse right now.

I've seen a lot of people say they feel off or unmotivated and blame it on other things bc they don't realize that Lion's Mane can do that - but it does to a lot of people, myself included. I personally will not take more than 500 to 1000 mg. per day and really don't like to take it at all.

Honestly, I think the antiandrogenic effects aspect is overstated and I don't think its going to make a real world difference at all for that. I wouldn't take them if I was looking for an antiandrogenic effect but I wouldn't avoid them if I was worried about one - bc in my opinion, that's one of those things that may be like that on paper but probably isn't going to translate into the real world. That's just my opinion though, but I've researched them a lot for years.
Yeah well said man.
There’s a fair bit of things that in theory are supposed to increase brain power but in turn make me feel dissociated a bit and I guess same goes for allot of other people.

The reason I asked is because I wanted to see if there is any correlation between me feeling down/demotivated and maybe low test/dht.
But I guess there’s so many other variables

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah well said man.
There’s a fair bit of things that in theory are supposed to increase brain power but in turn make me feel dissociated a bit and I guess same goes for allot of other people.

The reason I asked is because I wanted to see if there is any correlation between me feeling down/demotivated and maybe low test/dht.
But I guess there’s so many other variables
No, I don't think that is the reason at all for it - not in relation to mushrooms anyway.

Low test can definitely cause a feeling of being down and demotivated, but the mechanism of action for Lion's Mane causing that would be different because it happens too quickly to be that. I can go from baseline to feeling like crap within 2 days by mega dosing Lion's Mane.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
No, I don't think that is the reason at all for it - not in relation to mushrooms anyway.

Low test can definitely cause a feeling of being down and demotivated, but the mechanism of action for Lion's Mane causing that would be different because it happens too quickly to be that. I can go from baseline to feeling like crap within 2 days by mega dosing Lion's Mane.
Thanks for your input man, appreciate it as always.
There’s actually a few ingredients that allot of people I know take and have positive effects but on the contrary for me does the opposite.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for your input man, appreciate it as always.
There’s actually a few ingredients that allot of people I know take and have positive effects but on the contrary for me does the opposite.
I'm the same way. There are a lot of things that affect me different than they do a lot of people - that's why in a lot of the supplement threads on here I'll state a lot about how different things work different for different people.

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same way. There are a lot of things that affect me different than they do a lot of people - that's why in a lot of the supplement threads on here I'll state a lot about how different things work different for different people.
Totally agree man :)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you have a list of what you're prioritizing yet @sns8778 across all of the ideas, not just this one?

Carb one for me would be tops.
This might be next.
Or the protein.
Been seeing the Prime-like posts, definitely last on my list.

But curious to see yours!