Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
day two on PX went as well as the first, still only dosing 2 caps @rising
another 1/2 scoop Ingite preWO..legs were nailed nastily
followed light 7min cardio warm with leg extensions (it's cold out there, remember), single leg first, then traditional double-leg
BB ATG squats wide, then ATG close stance, RDLs, finished with leg curls (s-l-o-w) ss with calf work
pace was brisk (60sec on everything but ATGs, 1:15 for them)..downed postWO shake, then shoveled snow (not much there was quick) before postWO meal
meals were spaced same as yesterday, slight tweaks on macros
~3975cals, 325p/375c/130f

good day - now if indiana can hold on against michigan here all will be right with the world :1244:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
pretty much it..sweet

breakfast today mirrored one from yesterday
grapefruit
5oz 96% lean beef
1/2c grape nuts+1/2c shredded wheat+1/2 scoop isolate+8oz almond/coconut milk
1 TBS almond butter
~725cals

working out (again) today, shoulder work and prolly some abs (again :sigh:)
when i am done with this rotation on TUE i will have trained some 10-11 days in a row i think (lost track tbh), as i prepare for 3-4 off days due to a trip down to atlanta and meeting the Finaflex crew/owners
looking forward to meeting the guys..not so much to flying :paranoid:

my point: when i disappear for a few days soon, y'all can rest assured that it is as planned, and i dint fall off the wagon (or freeze to death in my house lol) :D

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i see these 49ers are making another of their patented comebacks..oooooooo not indiana #1 and my 49ers SB champs in the same w/e!! could it be?
:hammer:
(EDIT: :()

another good day - meal #5 a bit ago was
5oz 96% lean beef
3oz chicken breast
7oz sweet potato
salad w/ tasty fixins (bleu cheese & croutons - i deserved a splurge) :)

cals will be ~4k again, 400p/300c/135f

workout went well, shoulders were transformed to boulders and abs were thrashed appropriately

moving right along!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
tweaking the caloric load for today..
gonna be 3650cals, roughly 300p/400c/90f

slept very little last night (madman doing some paperwork i needed to catch up on)

couple inches of snow to shovel after workout this morning..

PX Black to the rescue today pleez! (need a boost!!)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Shoot. I needed a boost this morning as well. Took my PX White and feeling much better. I'm tweaking my diet today as well. Going for 500 carbs!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i cannot believe jennifer jason leigh turns 51 today..
seems like only yesterday she was losing her virginity in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

man, i'm old :tired:

that is all

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i cannot believe jennifer jason leigh turns 51 today..
seems like only yesterday she was losing her virginity in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

man, i'm old :tired:

that is all
Must have watched that movie 50 times....good old VHS. I am old too I guess.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And Phoebe Cates !!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
niice :)

was time for an excess day..was not happy when i awoke recently and saw 199.9 on the scale
not happy at all
sometimes it's tuff to nail things in a lean bulk, staying very clean, but i'm not ready to drop backwards yet
(even had some off-diet foods, ate out a few isolated times) :shrug:

damn - my Hoosiers are in a dogfight right now!
are you are spartan or a wolverine, DW?
time to break out the sweet baby rays and a slab of ribs!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Must have watched that movie 50 times....good old VHS. I am old too I guess.
whatchya mean bro?
i still have VCR in my arsenal :p
don't watch much on it (nothing really tbh) but the ex collected disney cartoon movies, all on VHS, so i've always had one

interesting factoid: did you know that back when we were kids (the 70s), technology was alive & well and VHS & beta was already 2nd class system? they actually had what was called LaserDisc (LD), which looked like a big record (the old 33 lp's)..cost for these units were steep tho, and they never really caught on here in the US
and even wilder: the system was actually invented in 1958!!! dint go commercial tho till 70s

crazy eh? ahh but i just post this for these youngsters today, who think their generation invented the laser technology with DVDs and CDs :lol:

time to break out the sweet baby rays and a slab of ribs!!!
my intake will take a hit on this trip to atlanta, i'm sure.. :sigh:
i don't think al will be eating the things i do, prolly see myself eating a bunch of Subway or something
going to lunch with the owners tho - perhaps i'll splurge on some ribs or something tasty

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
so it was a very good trip down to meet the Finaflex guys..me & al got a workout in, tried to look buff

dude is bigger than i thought he was, good size indeed
and veiny as a damn roadmap too (not to mention talllllll)

this was also my first experience with MAX PUMP, quite enjoyed it if you can't tell
(drenched in sweat here too)

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so it was a very good trip down to meet the Finaflex guys..me & al got a workout in, tried to look buff

dude is bigger than i thought he was, good size indeed
and veiny as a damn roadmap too (not to mention talllllll)

this was also my first experience with MAX PUMP, quite enjoyed it if you can't tell
(drenched in sweat here too)
Holy sh!t.

You said more calories.....right !!!!

Looking beastly snags and massive !

Look at the Asian kid in the background. He's probably saying, what do I have to do to get my arms that big !!!!

(PC police - I can say that. I am Asian...haha)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
my dietary intake was NOTHING like it is back home here..i really had to scramble
dint eat too terribly bad tho

al tried to give me this nasty concoction he made up with chicken breast, parmesan and APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

yuck! :twak:

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my dietary intake was NOTHING like it is back home here..i really had to scramble
dint eat too terribly bad tho

al tried to give me this nasty concoction he made up with chicken breast, parmesan and APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

yuck! :twak:
Hahaha !

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Lookin good bromigo. Good to hear y'all are having fun. Keep it up

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Lookin good bromigo. Good to hear y'all are having fun. Keep it up
thanks PF :)

thought i would post up an excerpt from my other thread, reviewing my first experience with MAX PUMP (pics above)
kinda went like this:

Vascularity/Pump (1-5)
well some veins did appear, but not like al's (that dudes was crazy)..i'm not normally a vascular guy unless very lean tho..pump however was just stoopid - even in areas i dint work..in areas i did work, pump surfaced almost immediately, and it was pleasure/pain tight pump all the way thru
<5>

Muscle Endurance/Stamina (1-5)
i don't typically work out long - it's more wham-bam thank ya mam and i'm out
this workout (again with al, and he was training someone) was l-o-n-g..i hit chest (5 different exercises inc going up to 110s on incline db press for 10/10/8 - and that was after 5 sets to get there as i was in higher rep mode) as well as bis & tris (about 12 sets each, ss), then finished with 4 sets of s-l-o-w incline double-cable hi-flyes..endurance was silly
<5>

Muscle Strength (1-5)
dint intend to lift heavy at all - really wanted to stress pump; however, i was compelled to go higher weight than planned, and i liked it
<4.5> - simply due to fact i dint go all heavy, so can't really speculate other than what i performed

Overall Physical Performance (1-5)
i was seriously soaked in sweat, and driven like a madman..was nice to not work out in an icebox (so i'm sure that helped with sweat lol)..performance was unblemished really in all areas - and this, after ruff couple nights lack of sleep (inc being up all night the day i flew out then working in the warehouse/office all day upon arriving); then al trying to keep me up all night talking to me on my first night in, and sleeping on his couch (nice couch, but still strange place so slept fitful yet decent)..an overall total disruption of my patented and comfortable routine..so yeah - extremely impressive
<5>

so far, so very good
smashing wheels tomorrow..stay tuned

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
:wave2:

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy Fug. Holy Fug. Holy Fug. Super jealous of both of your physiques. You both should be proud of your accomplishments!

After looking at those pictures of Al I'd say eat whatever he offers you Snags!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Holy Fug. Holy Fug. Holy Fug. Super jealous of both of your physiques. You both should be proud of your accomplishments!

After looking at those pictures of Al I'd say eat whatever he offers you Snags!
ahaaa, thx kenpo :D
al eats all right - i just give him hard time..and it really is very different than how i eat
whereas i would rather go find some beef, he is happy just devouring a rotisseri chicken from kroger..he enjoys greek yogurt and vinegar on many things - i do not eat yogurt nor care for vinegar (olive oil & vinegar on salad only for me)..
just different strokes my man, is all

as for my diet down there - al didn't feed me guys, i took care of my own food :lol:
intentionally skewed carbs higher and fats lower (is usually easier to eat this way for me, when i am on the go without my car/proper packing)
besides - good to tweak the diet consumption anyway
so i look like this upon rising this morning, weight @202 after all the travel and only one workout since TUE

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
You weigh 202?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
hey buddy, welcome

yeah, upon rising before eating
been hovering at the 200 mark in this fashion for awhile now..lil excess water from carb load is apparent today
Dude your a monster... I'm tryin to figure wtf I'm so heavy haha

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Dude your a monster... I'm tryin to figure wtf I'm so heavy haha
pffft
dude - you are a beast! weight/bodyfat/composition/bone structure/symmetry all play a large role in how we "look"
for instance - i think al said he's weighing ~225 in that pic of us - but he's tall (as are you) and very lean
me - i am relatively small-boned and shorter than you guys..
you look like the powerlifter you are bro - bodybuilding is different animal

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
pffft
dude - you are a beast! weight/bodyfat/composition/symmetry all play a large role in how we "look"
for instance - i think al said he's weighing ~225 in that pic of us - but he's tall (as are you) and very lean
you look like the powerlifter you are bro - bodybuilding is different animal
Sounds right! That was a good way of Puttin it. I had some dude in an old thread tryin to call me out sayin I wasn't weighing what I do because Arnold was around 220 haha I was like sorry dude I'm not Arnold but thank you for the comparison...

On another not cool ass pics! You both are monsters! :thumbsup:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
quick snapshot of da wheels after training..pump was nutz, obscured all my definition lol
horrible pic anyway, tough to take of myself in mirror

Vascularity/Pump (1-5)
pump (once again) was just ridiculous..began as i was warming up with some single-leg extensions (light weight), and continued thruout..veins bulged in my calves (i have good veins there) but nowhere else really
<4.5>

was more of a snag-patented quick workout, but one i am used to so can compare to previous efforts:
stamina was on par with any other time, i did want to continue going but could not, pressed for time
<4> again simply due to shorter workout protocol

Muscle Strength (1-5)
shined today - i rarely go heavy on squats, 365 being about the high point (i prefer higher reps)..today however, got the itch to ramp up to 405 just to "remember" what that felt like..and, it felt good (6 reps, parallel, at end of squat sequence)..also went heavier than usual on RDLs
<5>

i mean, again nothing really out of the ordinary - except for the fact i was inspired to knock out a little heavier weight, and was pleased..so on that basis --
<5>

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
quick snapshot of da wheels after training..pump was nutz, obscured all my definition lol
horrible pic anyway, tough to take of myself in mirror
will further update this later, pic for now
Snags be cruisin the Legasus...

Lexus... meh...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Snags be cruisin the Legasus...

Lexus... meh...
you tried, E for effort man :p

size will come, happy where they are for right now..not really flexing in this pose either (was too damn pumped!)
horrible pic, really need a third party for these shots..had to adjust the lighting to b&w cuz it was too dark in original color

post above now updated for MAX PUMP review..

updated pic of wheels - had me some company overnight, was able to get legit shot this morning upon rising..

in other news: it was wonderful to get back to my accustomed egg mcsnag today :yup:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
shoulders and some ab work this day
MAX PUMP beta review:

Vascularity/Pump (1-5)
pump was good, maybe not quite on par with previous pumps on this stuff..veins good thruout my shoulders
<4>

another snag-patented quick workout, but got everything i wanted in and did not really tire at any time
<4.5>

Muscle Strength (1-5)
did some arnold DB presses today, and some DB shrugs (not norm in my usual layout)..still, strength was not a problem..no PRs or anything like that, not interested in trying either
<4.5>

was fine, but i felt a little sickly..headache thruout, and i may be fighting off a cold (delayed reaction from the turmoil of last week/flying in plane - always seem to catch a cold when i fly, thought i avoided it this time..we'll see)
<3.5> -- may have nothing to do with product, but i simply cannot rate today any higher

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drink some Airborne for those "feeling like a cold" symptoms. My job has me flying quite a bit and I swear by this stuff! Walmart has it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Drink some Airborne .
i thought at first you meant that beast running around on the forum, purus labs rep.. :lol:

good advice tho, thx - i've used before, been awhile
i rarely get sick (other than flying), and will just lay low today and see if my wonderful immune system can kick it on its own..been awhile since i've flown, wanna see if i can beat it down solo

you know tho - that artificial air on planes is some nasty shyte..don't think i could have a job where i had to fly all the time

lil belated pic of the shoulders today, 2hrs after training

veins are apparent in my delts and traps, also thruout my chest and arms..cool :cool2:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
since i'm sharing some recipes this morning, figured i should post them in my thread

couple different recipes for snags balls :)p) .. err, protein balls that is

both no-bake recipes, one higher in protein content and quicker to make; the other a bit more complex but better-rounded nutritionally..
either makes for a nice snack, just depends on your preferences/goals

1c dry oats
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/3c chocolate chips (optional)
1/3c raw sunflower seeds (can substitute any kind of chopped nuts)
1/4c dried cranberries
3 TBS natural peanut butter (can substitute other nut butters)
3 TBS ground flaxseed
1 TBS honey or agave nectar
1/3c almond/coconut milk

the quicker version, more protein (and mostly what i use):

1c dry oats (can use 1.5c if desired and want more carbs)
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
4 TBS natural pb (or other nut butter)
1 TBS honey (2 TBS if you want it sweeter)
1/8 cup water (possibly slightly more depending on preference..1/4c is too much)

cheers

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
since i'm sharing some recipes this morning, figured i should post them in my thread

couple different recipes for snags balls :)p) .. err, protein balls that is

both no-bake recipes, one higher in protein content and quicker to make; the other a bit more complex but better-rounded nutritionally..
either makes for a nice snack, just depends on your preferences/goals

1c dry oats
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/3c chocolate chips (optional)
1/3c raw sunflower seeds (can substitute any kind of chopped nuts)
1/4c dried cranberries
3 TBS natural peanut butter (can substitute other nut butters)
3 TBS ground flaxseed
1 TBS honey or agave nectar
1/3c almond/coconut milk

the quicker version, more protein (and mostly what i use):

1c dry oats (can use 1.5c if desired and want more carbs)
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
4 TBS natural pb (or other nut butter)
1 TBS honey (2 TBS if you want it sweeter)
1/8 cup water (possibly slightly more depending on preference..1/4c is too much)

cheers
Nice.....I will copy and rename it FU balls !
j/k

I have all the ingredients. I am going to make some this week.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
1.5 cup oat bran
1 cup crushed rice cakes
1 bag dried cherries
2 scoops rocky road whey
~1/2 cup agave
6 tablespoons creamy PB

Set at 325 for 20 min
Allow to cool and harden

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
moving into the next phase of training..

time to start focusing on blowing up the guns (i hate doing arms really)
also, workouts will consist of multiple bodyparts rather than just one major part daily
today was back/arms

maybe if i take the color out the flash wont be so obnoxious..
i'm starting to like the b&w tbh, kinda cool

MAX PUMP review for today coming up later

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
MAX PUMP review for today:
Vascularity/Pump (1-5)
pump was really righteous..i have not had a poor pump yet while using this stuff, but seems to get a bit better with continued use..veins weren't really profuse - but it's a lil cold here (wind gusts 50mph today!) so they must be hiding..also, weight up to 202 as i lift the cal total a bit and play with macros, so not as "hard" as i was last week but heavier (slightly)
<4.5>

i did multiple bodypart exercises first day on this stuff with al, today was my second day as i make the transition premanent for awhile..endurance was great, coulda kept on going but finished in short time as rest periods continue to get shorter..stamina level i am pleased with
<4> haven't really pushed myself to max yet, impressed with what i see so far tho

Muscle Strength (1-5)
as my training is not geared to "strength/power" usually right now, i tie this in with endurance somewhat..did go up to 65# DB on standing curls just to feel it, smoked out some good reps here :bandit:
<4.5>

for what i'm doing currently - i cannot ask for anything more..really liking this stuff, nice lil addition to the arsenal..also - didn't catch the cold i felt coming on, so felt great today (always a good thing)
<5>

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
moving right along..
pic of my smallest meal of the day (this timeslot is always smallest, before large "dinner")
usually is all meat, veggies + pineapple
haven't been to store, gotta sub some powder in for the meat

6oz chicken breast
broccoli
1/2c pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
200cal protein shake (syntha-6, i rarely use this stuff but it was free, doesn't taste too bad actually)
~425cals total

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ bahahaaaa :D

last pic for me for awhile, i think i'm spent
just finished this

5oz 96% lean beef
6oz chicken breast
1/2c black beans
romaine salad w/ fixins (romaine getting hard to come by, weather has frozen some crops)
~540 cals

have i shown this meal before?? :p

kinda stuffed today, will be ~4500cals by time i am done, ~450c..whew

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^ bahahaaaa :D

last pic for me for awhile, i think i'm spent
just finished this

5oz 96% lean beef
6oz chicken breast
1/2c black beans
romaine salad w/ fixins (romaine getting hard to come by, weather has froze some crops)
~540 cals

have i showed this meal before?? :p

kinda stuffed today, will be ~4500cals by time i am done, ~450c..whew
That grilled chicken looks really good !

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i keep saying i'm done with pics for awhile..but then i keep waking up looking better and better :hammer:
this morning upon rising, wt 202.8

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
i keep saying i'm done with pics for awhile..but then i keep waking up looking better and better :hammer:
this morning upon rising, wt 202.8
Monster!!! Great work brother! Lean and massive

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Monster!!! Great work brother! Lean and massive
thank you beast! :)
i am realllly feelin it this morning, animalistic i am!

random: you know you live in a metropolis when the second page of the main section of morning newspaper details the westminster kennel club dog show in NY - and you don't live anywhere near NY..and it takes up half the damn page..
:blink:
must've been a slow day in news

in other news: 57y/o bruce willis was honored in france for lifetime contribution to cinema..
speaking on the Diehard movie series (the 5th one is out right now), he says he thinks there will be more diehard flicks to come..
just goes to show - sometimes it does pay to get old

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
thank you beast! :)
i am realllly feelin it this morning, animalistic i am!

random: you know you live in a metropolis when the second page of the main section of morning newspaper details the westminster kennel club dog show in NY - and you don't live anywhere near NY..and it takes up half the damn page..
:blink:
must've been a slow day in news

in other news: 57y/o bruce willis was honored in france for lifetime contribution to cinema..
speaking on the Diehard movie series (the 5th one is out right now), he says he thinks there will be more diehard flicks to come..
just goes to show - sometimes it does pay to get old
^^^ All this sounds right

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i just got done eating this

1/2c jasmine rice
1 whole egg + 7 whites
~475cals

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards