Slin-Sane v2

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got my package today. There is one label of Slin Sane v2 and on the back of it is a love poem from Smitty.

This is getting pretty awkward.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got my package today. There is one label of Slin Sane v2 and on the back of it is a love poem from Smitty.

I'd have the contents of those capsules tested for rohypnol!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

That's it? US Customs must've seized the extensive portfolio of provocative photographs of myself before heading over; they must've figured that they were an act of intense sensuality on an allied nation.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

That poem wasn't intended for you - those were Smitty's wedding vows. He does usually like to include some nudez though....

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lame. I am definitely not reviewing the label now!

tvg67

Awards
Unfortunately, this post (Banaba and Corosolic Acid: Which % is most effective? - started by mrcooper69) seems to have died, so I am moving my question over here since it relates to the dosage of corosolic acid that SlinSlane v2 uses.

I'm looking forward to trying it, but was hoping to get some views on the following:
The product seems to be getting some good feedback both on the ingredient profile when it was released and some early logs. However, I was curious as to how effective the 100mg of 1% extract (1mg corosolic acid) is as there have been other posts saying that a much higher dose would be needed.
Also, I've seen Mr. Cooper recommend 300mg - 600mg of Na R-ALA daily. SlinSane v2 at the recommended dose gives you 286mg... assume this is close enough?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, this post (Banaba and Corosolic Acid: Which % is most effective? - started by mrcooper69) seems to have died, so I am moving my question over here since it relates to the dosage of corosolic acid that SlinSlane v2 uses.

I'm looking forward to trying it, but was hoping to get some views on the following:
The product seems to be getting some good feedback both on the ingredient profile when it was released and some early logs. However, I was curious as to how effective the 100mg of 1% extract (1mg corosolic acid) is as there have been other posts saying that a much higher dose would be needed.
Also, I've seen Mr. Cooper recommend 300mg - 600mg of Na R-ALA daily. SlinSane v2 at the recommended dose gives you 286mg... assume this is close enough?
Sorry I missed that thread... but in any event, if we were offering banaba on its own, we might consider using a higher extraction percentage in regard to the corosolic acid for a more comprehensive effect; however, banaba (and the plant it's derived from) as a whole, boasts glucose modulation properties; amidst a formula with other ingredients that also serve similar purposes, 1% is absolutely fine.

In terms of Na-R-ALA, couple of things... not everyone is going to fit within that 300-600mg/day window. Dosing is, after all subjective. A 400# man more than likely wouldn't see any benefit from 300mg; true, too, that a 100# woman might be taking in too much with 600mg... So 300-600mg/day is a suggestion, but not necessarily the gold standard.

With our approach to the SS formula, the 200mg ALA offered in the formula, per day, is sufficient in both a glucose modulation and an anti-oxidant capacity. We didn't want to boost the amount because a) legit Na-R-ALA isn't cheap, and b) most people will dose it around their training time when the allowance of oxidative stress is actually good for your system.

tvg67

Awards
Sorry I missed that thread... but in any event, if we were offering banaba on its own, we might consider using a higher extraction percentage in regard to the corosolic acid for a more comprehensive effect; however, banaba (and the plant it's derived from) as a whole, boasts glucose modulation properties; amidst a formula with other ingredients that also serve similar purposes, 1% is absolutely fine.

In terms of Na-R-ALA, couple of things... not everyone is going to fit within that 300-600mg/day window. Dosing is, after all subjective. A 400# man more than likely wouldn't see any benefit from 300mg; true, too, that a 100# woman might be taking in too much with 600mg... So 300-600mg/day is a suggestion, but not necessarily the gold standard.

With our approach to the SS formula, the 200mg ALA offered in the formula, per day, is sufficient in both a glucose modulation and an anti-oxidant capacity. We didn't want to boost the amount because a) legit Na-R-ALA isn't cheap, and b) most people will dose it around their training time when the allowance of oxidative stress is actually good for your system.
Thank you very much... exactly what I was looking for.
I've always been a fan of your products and am looking forward to using SSv2.

Thanks again.

domore

Awards
Hey Smitty,

How did the NFL players, who tried SSv2, respond? If I remember correctly, you said a couple guys gave it a shot, or were going to give it a chance.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They are using. There results and testimonials will be sent to us soon.

domore

Awards
They are using. There results and testimonials will be sent to us soon.
For what are they exactly testing? Are they using glucometers? Anyway, I'm interested to see what these athletes have to say about it.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt it. Will just be feedback no different than what you see on an average log but the testimonial will be from a proffesional athlete. These are not contracted athletes by Genomyx.. We simply partnered up with a company that has introduced us to these NFL players in hopes to build a long term relationship as a brand they will trust to help improve there performance.

domore

Awards
Gotcha. It would be nice to see Genomyx as a house-hold name.

I hope to see good feedback for you guys.

dbone1026

dbone1026

Awards
Supposedly Chad Johnson was one of the selected athletes, and v2 may be responsible for him headbutting his fiance/wife :eek:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly Chad Johnson was one of the selected athletes, and v2 may be responsible for him headbutting his fiance/wife :eek:
Ha well Isn't that a possible side of all GDA products? It's the Extra carbs.

John33

Awards
Hello,

I have been taking 1 capsule of SS before going to bed and have noticed what appears to be a "tighter" midsection when I wake up in the morning. Would you recommend doing the same with SSv2?

SSv2's label says to take 1 capsule with at least 25 grams of carbs. What if a meal contains 150 grams of carbs or more? Do I need to take 6 capsules? It seems a lot. How many grams of carbs does one capsule cover, minimum is 25, but what is the maximum?

Thanks.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Hello,

I have been taking 1 capsule of SS before going to bed and have noticed what appears to be a "tighter" midsection when I wake up in the morning. Would you recommend doing the same with SSv2?

SSv2's label says to take 1 capsule with at least 25 grams of carbs. What if a meal contains 150 grams of carbs or more? Do I need to take 6 capsules? It seems a lot. How many grams of carbs does one capsule cover, minimum is 25, but what is the maximum?

Thanks.
I have been taking SSV2 for a few Weeks now. I would say one cap effectively coverage 60-75 grams if carbs. For 150 grams I would take two caps.

I have used it pre-bed a few times and definitely wake up looking more defined and vascular. This is very noticeable and very nice. You are going to love v2!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
It is not 1 cap per 25g of carbs. I eat 200g carb meals with 2 caps 20 mins prior. Then later 1 cap for an around 100g of carbs. I eat a lot of carbs and that dose is higher than what most will use (2 caps a day)

The pre bed dosing is an idea that the reduced bloodsugar/insulin sensitivity will allow for an increase in natural GH which is high during sleep. I have been playing with this. On days I don't work out I don't have my 200g (closer to 75-100g so 1 cap is good) meal so I take my third cap pre bed. I actually was surprised. I woke up dry as hell. It's still a newer idea regarding pre bed dosing.

John33

Awards
It will follow the same dosing that V1 did... Only difference, really, is that v1 could be dosed sporadically. To reap the cumulative benefits of the jiaogulan, v2 will have to be dosed every day.
I follow intermittent fasting protocol and on the non-workout days my carbs intake is pretty low. Would taking 1 capsule pre-bed do the trick for the purpose of continuity and the cumulative effect?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be interested in this as well as I have been doing IF ala Lean Gains for a few months with good results.

My last meal of the day is usually 8:00pm and I typically fast until noon the following day (i.e. 16 hour fast / 8 hour feed). I have both SS and SSv2 on hand.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Just got my SSv2 and am pretty excited to start this - will be starting a bulk cycle Sept 1 so saving it for then. But I have a couple of questions:
1 - regarding the pre bed dose - My last meal of the day is around 10 pm and this is most times one of my heavier carb meals. I go to bed usually at midnight - so dose 20 min BEFORE this meal or wait 2 hours and take it prebed? Which would be more beneficial? Or could I dose one pre meal and one pre bed?

2 - I also have a stash of SNS TTA that I would like to stack with SS v2. Would this work? And how should I dose if I do decide to stack these?

Additional info - I train fasted in the morning, 5 meals per day, 1st meal around 11, then 1, 5 730, and 10. Carbs with every meal, however 5 pm meal and 10 pm meal tend to be carb heavier then the rest.

Thoughts?

John33

Awards
It is not 1 cap per 25g of carbs. I eat 200g carb meals with 2 caps 20 mins prior. Then later 1 cap for an around 100g of carbs. I eat a lot of carbs and that dose is higher than what most will use (2 caps a day)
Okay, so if I understand this correctly, you are saying that 1 cap covers anywhere from 25 to 100 grams of carbs? That is a pretty big range.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Okay, so if I understand this correctly, you are saying that 1 cap covers anywhere from 25 to 100 grams of carbs? That is a pretty big range.
I think he is trying to say that he wouldn't recommend it with anything less than 25g and would take 2 caps if consuming over 100g of carbs. From what I have noticed, the sweet spot seems to be 1 cap with about 40-70g of carbs. A pre-bed dose with no food also has some nice effects.

John33

Awards
I think he is trying to say that he wouldn't recommend it with anything less than 25g and would take 2 caps if consuming over 100g of carbs. From what I have noticed, the sweet spot seems to be 1 cap with about 40-70g of carbs. A pre-bed dose with no food also has some nice effects.
Thank you for the clarification. I wonder if the type of carbs matters and whether or not they are combined with protein. For example, yesterday I went to Five Guys Burgers and ate a cheeseburger (40 g carbs) with fries (80 g carbs). I took two caps 20 minutes prior and felt fine immediately after the meal, but 30 minutes after, I felt really sleepy. Has my blood sugar dropped too low? There is no way to tell, but I wonder if it matters that those 120 grams of carbs came with protein and fat. Also, is there a daily maximum dosage that you do not want to exceed? Thanks.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Thank you for the clarification. I wonder if the type of carbs matters and whether or not they are combined with protein. For example, yesterday I went to Five Guys Burgers and ate a cheeseburger (40 g carbs) with fries (80 g carbs). I took two caps 20 minutes prior and felt fine immediately after the meal, but 30 minutes after, I felt really sleepy. Has my blood sugar dropped too low? There is no way to tell, but I wonder if it matters that those 120 grams of carbs came with protein and fat. Also, is there a daily maximum dosage that you do not want to exceed? Thanks.
John, Genomyx was generous enough to to send me a bottle of SSV2 to log (I also bought some too) and if you look at the least post in my log you will see that Friday night I ate almost the exact same meal you describe:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208075-slin-sane-membrane.html

I felt great afterwards like I have just about every time I have taken SSV2 before heavy carb meals. Crashing 30 minutes after eating is a mystery to me since that most likely isn't enough time for your blood sugar to drop.

As far as a maximum dosage, I think 3 caps per day would be it. I have never taken more than 2 at one time or 3 in a day.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Looks very interesting.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Dewey was correct. Sorry if I was unclear. I would not take less than 25g of carbs with ssv2 unless pre bed. I personally get very tired and lethargic with less than 50g carbs. You COULD use 2 caps if the meal is over 100g but you don't have to.

You should have protein and some fat with your carbs. We don't expect anyone to eat carb only meals with ssv2. I think the fact that you ate a high fat meal is what caused you to get tired. As Dewey stated it happened to him after crushing pizza.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Just got my SSv2 and am pretty excited to start this - will be starting a bulk cycle Sept 1 so saving it for then. But I have a couple of questions:
1 - regarding the pre bed dose - My last meal of the day is around 10 pm and this is most times one of my heavier carb meals. I go to bed usually at midnight - so dose 20 min BEFORE this meal or wait 2 hours and take it prebed? Which would be more beneficial? Or could I dose one pre meal and one pre bed?

2 - I also have a stash of SNS TTA that I would like to stack with SS v2. Would this work? And how should I dose if I do decide to stack these?

Additional info - I train fasted in the morning, 5 meals per day, 1st meal around 11, then 1, 5 730, and 10. Carbs with every meal, however 5 pm meal and 10 pm meal tend to be carb heavier then the rest.

Thoughts?

Just bumping this - there must be someone out there who can give a girl some sound advice:)

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Just bumping this - there must be someone out there who can give a girl some sound advice:)
I can't help with the TTA stack as I haven't done it, but I know several have.. that are on the team.

I would take it before your meal. You will still be reaping the benefits by the time you get to bed.
I would also dose the SSv2 on your highest carb meals. That way it keeps you feeling better. Plus if they are both evening doses it will help you with also possibly reaping the "before bed" benefits.

Just my two cents. The other guys may have better advice than me. They've been at this longer than me!

sorry for the delay with this too btw!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Take your SSv2 before both carb heavy meals, and take one TTA cap before each of those meals

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I must have missed your question. Thank you guys for answering her!

I would personally use it pre carb meals, if you wanted to add in one pre bed you could give it a shot. Defiantly more useful pre carb meals though.

John33

Awards
I felt great afterwards like I have just about every time I have taken SSV2 before heavy carb meals. Crashing 30 minutes after eating is a mystery to me since that most likely isn't enough time for your blood sugar to drop.
I suspect it is because of Na-R-ALA. I took two caps, so it is 286mg of Na-R-ALA. In the past, before a heavy carb meals I have taken the following combo:

NOW's: one serving 1.5g white kidney beans.
Nature's Way: one serving (260 mg Gymnema extract (leaf), 75% Gymnemic acids, 50 mg Gymnema (leaf)).
USPLabs: one serving SuperCissus 1600 mg.
Doctor's Best: one serving Cinnamon (CinnulinPF) 125mg.
Doctor's Best: one serving Na-R-ALA 100 mg.

I have noticed that whenever I took Na-R-ALA, I would feel sleepy after a meal, despite the fact that the meal was pretty heavy on simple carbs (around 200 grams, maybe more). Maybe it is a combination of Na-R-ALA and other stuff in the SSv2, or maybe since I follow a low-carb/IF diet all week and only consume a lot of carbs on a weekend, maybe Na-R-ALA drops my blood sugar too much. Any ideas?

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
I can't help with the TTA stack as I haven't done it, but I know several have.. that are on the team.

I would take it before your meal. You will still be reaping the benefits by the time you get to bed.
I would also dose the SSv2 on your highest carb meals. That way it keeps you feeling better. Plus if they are both evening doses it will help you with also possibly reaping the "before bed" benefits.

Just my two cents. The other guys may have better advice than me. They've been at this longer than me!

sorry for the delay with this too btw!
+

Take your SSv2 before both carb heavy meals, and take one TTA cap before each of those meals
+

Sorry I must have missed your question. Thank you guys for answering her!

I would personally use it pre carb meals, if you wanted to add in one pre bed you could give it a shot. Defiantly more useful pre carb meals though.
Perfect, thanks guys:) So take both SS v2 and TTA together before carb heavy meals. My original thought was to split the TTA and SS v2, so SS v2 with the 2 carb heavier meals and TTA with 2 other meals throughout the day. But I will do as suggested. I think I will stagger start them so. Something like this:

Week 1 and 2 - 2 caps TTA
Weeks 3 and 4 - 2 caps TTA, 2 caps SS V2
Weeks 5 and 6 - 2 caps SS v2

Then possibly repeat this cycle depending on how it goes...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
So tta is best suited before high carb meals rather than high fat meals?
No, TTA is best suited for higher fat meals. I think it was suggested before the two higher carb meals based on the assumption that those would be the two biggest meals of the day period. If you are eating a clean diet, you might not have any high fat meals.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Every body is different. I hope you can figure it out. It shouldn't matter with SSv2 whether you are taking simple or complex carbs. I generally don't have issues with crashing.

I suspect it is because of Na-R-ALA. I took two caps, so it is 286mg of Na-R-ALA. In the past, before a heavy carb meals I have taken the following combo:

Nature's Way: one serving (260 mg Gymnema extract (leaf), 75% Gymnemic acids, 50 mg Gymnema (leaf)).

I have noticed that whenever I took Na-R-ALA, I would feel sleepy after a meal, despite the fact that the meal was pretty heavy on simple carbs (around 200 grams, maybe more). Maybe it is a combination of Na-R-ALA and other stuff in the SSv2, or maybe since I follow a low-carb/IF diet all week and only consume a lot of carbs on a weekend, maybe Na-R-ALA drops my blood sugar too much. Any ideas?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Going off of Sarah's post above, I usually crash hard without a GDA taken prior to a carb-laden meal, so to hear of the opposite in your case would mean that the action against simple carbs is either too much, or not enough for you. It's true that the type of carb doesn't necessarily matter. But you may want to consider either decreasing the amount of carbohydrates and still taking 2 caps, or take 1 cap and the 200g to see how you react.

That's a ton of simple carbs to take at once, though, IMHO.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No, TTA is best suited for higher fat meals. I think it was suggested before the two higher carb meals based on the assumption that those would be the two biggest meals of the day period. If you are eating a clean diet, you might not have any high fat meals.
TTA improves insulin sensitivity. It's merit in fat burning isn't really a function of acute ingestion of dietary fat.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oops..

I thought it was pulled from the market? I guess that never panned out? Or is still in the process?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oops..

I thought it was pulled from the market? I guess that never panned out? Or is still in the process?
We have ceased production but the ingredient is still out there at retailers and such. I'd stock up ASAP if you haven't already ;)

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
We have ceased production but the ingredient is still out there at retailers and such. I'd stock up ASAP if you haven't already ;)
I hope you don't get plowed by the sno man

John33

Awards
I have been taking 1 capsule of SSv2 before bed and can confirm that I need to get up around 5 a.m. (sometimes a little later) because I really need to go and a lot comes out. Any ideas why? I do not drink a lot of water pre-bed. It seems to works a little better then SSv1 in terms of making the midsection feel tighter in the morning.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been taking 1 capsule of SSv2 before bed and can confirm that I need to get up around 5 a.m. (sometimes a little later) because I really need to go and a lot comes out. Any ideas why? I do not drink a lot of water pre-bed. It seems to works a little better then SSv1 in terms of making the midsection feel tighter in the morning.
The jiaogulan does offer cleansing properties, and with a number of toxic and excess agents secreted through the urine (excess biotin is actually one), it may explain the increased urination or frequency.

Users who have reported of this (two, that I know of, were getting up a few times/night) also report that it subsides over time.