IMG_8989.JPG

Thanks for the pump @ZOO , VL will be missed

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't spend a lot of time there anymore because of the commute but I'll probably need to soon as I'm maxing out dumbbells and pushing too many plates on the deads at LA Fitness to get much more on since they run bumpers lol

His gym was originally designed great for power lifting.. all the awesome toys, chains, etc but I sorta got pushed out when his main revenue source became high school and middle school kayak teams etc

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man took a full scoop of VL Juice Daddy this morning & pinned 120mg Choline before trying out that squat suit - what a rush! Music definitely sounded better on the dark drive to the gym this morning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
11/28

Banded hip walks x 40

20” Box jumps:
+30x10

Light band hammy curls lying on back:

Cambered bar Bulgarian Split Squat:
45x10 (per side)
135x10
155x10
175x10
195x10

RDL:
135x10
225x10x2 sets
265x10

GHD:

View attachment 225371

those bulgarians are no joke. you popping one foot up on a bench, box, or?
I feel a bit tacky doing it from a bench at the gym right now but... it's what I have until I can figure out something more creative.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m curious. If you ever get a chance maybe snap a pic
Seems cheap if Rogue, but unless your constantly slamming them, they probably don’t wear down too fast. Still.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't spend a lot of time there anymore because of the commute but I'll probably need to soon as I'm maxing out dumbbells and pushing too many plates on the deads at LA Fitness to get much more on since they run bumpers lol

His gym was originally designed great for power lifting.. all the awesome toys, chains, etc but I sorta got pushed out when his main revenue source became high school and middle school kayak teams etc

View attachment 225381
That’s a nice setup to have access to. Damn I didn’t even know middle schoolers had kayak teams lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man took a full scoop of VL Juice Daddy this morning & pinned 120mg Choline before trying out that squat suit - what a rush! Music definitely sounded better on the dark drive to the gym this morning.
VL just hits different

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
those bulgarians are no joke. you popping one foot up on a bench, box, or?
I feel a bit tacky doing it from a bench at the gym right now but... it's what I have until I can figure out something more creative.
I got a split squat stand from my buddy for free when he sold his gym right before covid. Before that I always used a bench tho. Same effect, stand just more convenient

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems cheap if Rogue, but unless your constantly slamming them, they probably don’t wear down too fast. Still.
Yeah I’m sure it would take years but I’m OCD about things like this lol. Especially for what they charge. They are quite proud of their wares.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
11/28

Banded hip walks x 40

20” Box jumps:
+30x10

Light band hammy curls lying on back:

Cambered bar Bulgarian Split Squat:
45x10 (per side)
135x10
155x10
175x10
195x10

RDL:
135x10
225x10x2 sets
265x10

GHD:

View attachment 225371

Thank you, my dude. You’ve been one of the most dedicated supporters. Keep those gains flowing my friend.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
we used to get season passes and snowboard 2-3 times a week when I lived 45min from the resort. it's been probably 5 years or more now... I can't imagine how wrecked i'd feel the day after now lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
we used to get season passes and snowboard 2-3 times a week when I lived 45min from the resort. it's been probably 5 years or more now... I can't imagine how wrecked i'd feel the day after now lol
It’s great! One of my favorite pastimes and I’ve been doing it since I was a kid. I split board a bunch as well, that’s my cardio for the year lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/2

Mini band warms:
PAs x 30
Press downs x 40
W holds/raise x 20
Facepulls x 20
Snatch x 10

Reverse wide grip kaddilac bench:
45x10
135x10
225x10x2 sets

20° incline DB press:
95’sX10

Weighted Dips:
+45x10x2 sets
+35x10
+20x10

BB Z-press:
45x10
65x10
85x10
105x10

Reverse grip kaddilac curls, mid grips:
85x10x3 sets
65x10x2 sets

DB triceps tomahawks:
40x10x2 sets per side

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That looks like a really fun session!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, I ordered some stubby bands from west side for Black Friday, my only purchase really. Haven’t used before but they look pretty versatile! These will be really nice for lat pulls and other fun activities from the top of the rack.
I’m intrigued. How will you use them?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just got caught up: you've been a busy man! Congrats on the new rack, I remember you setting your sights on one some time ago.

The lat pulls with the stubby bands sounds like a great idea. I'm going to have to double some bands over to try banded ez bar pulls.

Always great ideas in here!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got caught up: you've been a busy man! Congrats on the new rack, I remember you setting your sights on one some time ago.

The lat pulls with the stubby bands sounds like a great idea. I'm going to have to double some bands over to try banded ez bar pulls.

Always great ideas in here!
Thanks! That was on my Xmas list for a while and I’m nothing short of grateful to finally have the last rack I’ll even need.
Be sure your bands are fresh lol (see below)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/3

Mini band hip walks x 40
AVG band lat pulls x 20

Reverse hyper:
+45x10
+90x10
+135x10
+180x10x2 sets

Landmine T-bar row:
90x20
135x15
180x10
225x10x2 sets

EZ bar lat pulls vs light bands doubled:
23 reps before the band snapped on me. Of course it snaps a few days after I already ordered different bands

DB Kroc rows:
95x10x3 sets per arm

Light band hammer curls:

IMG_9011.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/3

Mini band hip walks x 40
AVG band lat pulls x 20

Reverse hyper:
+45x10
+90x10
+135x10
+180x10x2 sets

Landmine T-bar row:
90x20
135x15
180x10
225x10x2 sets

EZ bar lat pulls vs light bands doubled:
23 reps before the band snapped on me. Of course it snaps a few days after I already ordered different bands

DB Kroc rows:
95x10x3 sets per arm

Light band hammer curls:

View attachment 225639
Ouch! I hate it when that happens….only had it happen a couple of times, but man it always freaks me out.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ouch! I hate it when that happens….only had it happen a couple of times, but man it always freaks me out.
Luckily it was lightweight baby!
Yeah this set of bands is toast. Snapped a monster mini the other week and light band today. Shelf life expired lol. I’ll be tossing this set (they had a great run) and start all fresh.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Luckily it was lightweight baby!
Yeah this set of bands is toast. Snapped a monster mini the other week and light band today. Shelf life expired lol. I’ll be tossing this set (they had a great run) and start all fresh.
I have a broken Miniband I still use for certain warmups, or to wrap on something like a tourniquet when it hurts but I’m too dumb to quit lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a broken Miniband I still use for certain warmups, or to wrap on something like a tourniquet when it hurts but I’m too dumb to quit lol
The broken one finished up today’s session with some hammer curls lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My eliteFTS ones usually give me a few years. I also occasionally get cheap ones for warmups from china, and those snap after 8-12 months. I doubt this Florida heat helps any. Like you, I keep a snapped one around for various things.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My eliteFTS ones usually give me a few years. I also occasionally get cheap ones for warmups from china, and those snap after 8-12 months. I doubt this Florida heat helps any. Like you, I keep a snapped one around for various things.
I’m guessing tension is about the same for all different brands?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m guessing tension is about the same for all different brands?
Yeah they start out with about the same tension, but some of the cheaper ones definitely wear out quicker.
I was going to go with no. I don’t know what the difference is, but something in the formula is different. I even had two identical bands from china that had significantly different tensions. These ones also tend to just snap in half, as opposed to my eliteFTS ones that show wear well in advance.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I got a couple sets off of amazon a little while back and they have a different feel especially the first time you stretch them. I kind of wonder how long they will last. Especially out in my unfinished garage.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have only ever bought EFS, and my wife has some Westside ones. The ones from elite last forever. Years.
Yeah, I’ll never get cheap ones again….just don’t feel like being slapped in the face just to save a buck.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I’ll never get cheap ones again….just don’t feel like being slapped in the face just to save a buck.
Yeah, onces these are toasty I will be going back to EliteFTS unless these surprise me by lasting a lot longer than I think they will.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll prob stick with west side for the sake of symmetry this time around.
I imagine West Side and Elite FTS are pretty close in quality / resistance. Wouldn't surprise me if they used the same manufacturer with private labeling.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I imagine West Side and Elite FTS are pretty close in quality / resistance. Wouldn't surprise me if they used the same manufacturer with private labeling.
A ton of those boys from both camps are one in the same. I’d have to agree with you there. I had a really good run with my original set. Lasted through a metric ton of abuse, plus the arid Colorado climate dries them out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah no doubt.

These are the cheapies I got from Amazon for 31.99 a pack and i got 2. So far they work but do feel a little different, and I definitely don't expect them to last as long as my Elite FTS did. I bet most of the cheaper ones are very similar as well.