MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks kleen. Seems like I have been stuck isolating upper and lower like a yo yo lately due to injuries. Been a strange second half of the year to say the least. We both are doing what we can, no quit around here!
Amen to that, I am going to try some light BFR Leg Curls and Extensions tonight if I can manage without triggering any discomfort in my lower back. Between the shoulder, hip, lower back and ankle/knee mobility issues I am really on some weird rotation but like you said, No quitting!!!!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Zercher squats....you are a masochist!!

Also, nice cut mate. Can even see the yellow bits.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Zercher squats....you are a masochist!!

Also, nice cut mate. Can even see the yellow bits.
Haha thanks. Honestly haven’t leg pressed in maybe 2 years? Plus recent back injury limited lower efforts so atrophy. Focusing zerchers hard to supplement my lack of squats, Dead’s, and good mornings. Just a shadow of my former self

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha thanks. Honestly haven’t leg pressed in maybe 2 years? Plus recent back injury limited lower efforts so atrophy. Focusing zerchers hard to supplement my lack of squats, Dead’s, and good mornings. Just a shadow of my former self
I am afraid to measure my legs at this point. They are still not small by any means, but I had pretty decent wheels before the last two years of injuries and BS. Lack of squats, deads and heavy ass leg press have definitely made a difference. I feel size wise my upper is recovering well but my lower.... Well I need to be able to get on them for a good 6 months... or one decent cycle. LOL

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am afraid to measure my legs at this point. They are still not small by any means, but I had pretty decent wheels before the last two years of injuries and BS. Lack of squats, deads and heavy ass leg press have definitely made a difference. I feel size wise my upper is recovering well but my lower.... Well I need to be able to get on them for a good 6 months... or one decent cycle. LOL
One decent cycle

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Greatest show ever btw. Been watching since commercials for the pilot and never stopped. Been my ringtone forever, it’s a test to see if I can be friends with strangers.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It will come back quickly, your body already has the map.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work here, expanding the repertoire to include legs. Hope that means you’re feeling better and are on the mend!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/7

45° Chest supported row:
+45x10
+90x10
+135x10x2
+90x10
+45x10

Incline bench, 2 sec paused, illegal wide grip to accommodate hand gash:
45x10
135x10x3

Going to hold off on bench a little longer till hand is recovered fully.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TERMINATE by Hard Rock Supplements

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/10

Chest support 45° row (fingertips grip):
+45x20
+90x10 paused
+135x10
+90x10 paused
+45x10 paused

Nautilus chest press, (thumb ditch grip):
80x20
140x15
170x10
200x8x2 sets
170x10

Cable tri press downs (thumb), slow pump:
100x15,10
90x10
80x10
70x10

Cable rope curls:
50x10
70x15
100x15,10,10

Cable face pulls:
90x10
110x10
120x10

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/11

Leg press, slow and paused:
+90x15
+180x10
+270x10
+360x10
+450x10

Calf raise:
+90x20x5

In and out. Heading to Highland festival today then working a double tomorrow then back to other job Monday morning. Had to save some gas in the tank this session whilst still achieving a mini pump

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy a giant turkey leg at the festival!
Isn't it the worst when you go somewhere knowing damn good and well there will be smoked turkey legs and get all excited for the meaty goodness then find out all the turkey legs are overcooked and dried out... SO SO SAD!!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't it the worst when you go somewhere knowing damn good and well there will be smoked turkey legs and get all excited for the meaty goodness then find out all the turkey legs are overcooked and dried out... SO SO SAD!!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!
Exactly! For 17 bucks I need more moisture lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh you wanted the moist ones?? That’ll cost you EXTRA, buddy!

Nice yankin’ homie
Mucho moist!

Thanks man. It’s been way too long but I think I’m finally on the up and up. I was dreaming about deads last night, snapped awake at 4 am no alarm, banged the wife then went and pulled stiffbar for a few light reps (an actual bar, at an actual gym).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice pulls mate. Bet it felt good!
Thanks. Dude, I fuggin hurt lol. A good hurt but still. I got a bit excited right out of the gate, DOMS feel worse than a 600 lb session. Pretty sure the multiple hours of driving in a car right after is what screwed me. Would I do it any differently? Yes. I would have called in to work

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks. Dude, I fuggin hurt lol. A good hurt but still. I got a bit excited right out of the gate, DOMS feel worse than a 600 lb session. Pretty sure the multiple hours of driving in a car right after is what screwed me. Would I do it any differently? Yes. I would have called in to work
Haha driving is the worst way to recover from deads!

Still, pain is a celebration of being alive.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/15

Kaddy bench:
45x30
135x15 (5 each grip, no rest)
225x15 (same format)
About as much weight as I can load without currently tearing my hand scab open right now. Just wanted to feel the kaddy again lol
135x10x3 sets wide
135x10x3 sets mid
135x10x3 sets CG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/16

Plate lateral raise:
10’sX20x2 sets

BB Z press:
45x10
95x10
115x10
135x5x2 sets

DB Ahrens press w/ hammer curl superset:
35’X10x2 sets
SS:35’sX10x2 sets
30’sX10
SS:30’sX10
25’sX10
SS:25’sX10

Preacher curls:
45x10
65x10

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great to see the DLs. Hope you’re fully recovered now!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Relocating gym to garage this weekend as per wife .
Found a rogue deadlift platform with tiles for $400. Steal!
Gonna throw down some stall mats and make the move. This is gonna suck lol. Session in itself but whatever. Now I can yell and scream and drop **** at 5 am without pissing off the household. They should actually thank me for the early morning motivation. Will be needing more plates now with the platform……..
This is a viscous cycle to say the least.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Relocating gym to garage this weekend as per wife .
Found a rogue deadlift platform with tiles for $400. Steal!
Gonna throw down some stall mats and make the move. This is gonna suck lol. Session in itself but whatever. Now I can yell and scream and drop **** at 5 am without pissing off the household. They should actually thank me for the early morning motivation. Will be needing more plates now with the platform……..
This is a viscous cycle to say the least.
Awesome, I still can't do heavy deads in the AM in the garage. It shakes the whole house and is on separate slabs with anything over 405.
Yesssss!!!! Buy a good industrial fan
This!!!! However, lesson learned, if you do not have insulated or finished garage do not put an industrial ceiling fan in. Rookie mistake... Having 120-130 degree heated air blowing down from the roof radiating heat is WAY hotter than 95-100 in the garage without the fan blowing the heat down.... Ended up having to get a good floor fan anyway.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_7555.JPG

Got 4 stall mats today for a little footprint. Going to be moving equipment in the next few days when time allows. Excited to get this going! Texas deadlift bar was ordered yesterday, I miss whip. Contemplating if I NEED the rogue platform as I have stall mats, but I do know I WANT it. Help!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s honestly a fairly simple build. I would look at what lumber you need, how much it is and figure in how valuable your time is…

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You want a platform. Build or buy one!
It’s honestly a fairly simple build. I would look at what lumber you need, how much it is and figure in how valuable your time is…
Time is what I don’t have right now. 2 jobs 7 days a week. Doubles bar tending on the weekends…. It’s rough lol. But I can’t deny the money right now. Winter slows down a little. I do love the rogue setup, and 400 bucks with all the tiles is robbery. I should probably pull the trigger. Texas bars have a 3 week lead time right now so I’ll see what happens honestly.