W3D2

Mini band pull aparts, pressdowns, facepulls
Pipe bends/presses
DB arm wrestlers

Duffalo bench, 2 min rest, rotate grip each set mid finger/pinky:
55x10
165x5
275x2
297x8x5 sets (missed final rep of last set)

Incline bench, power bar:
155x8
185x8
196x8x2 sets

Dips +53 lb kb:
10x3 sets

DUR:
+35lbs x 10x5 sets

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong pressing/dipping.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why 72 reps / 9x8 of benching? I mean I’m not saying it won’t work (it will!) it just seems like a shitton lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why 72 reps / 9x8 of benching? I mean I’m not saying it won’t work (it will!) it just seems like a shitton lol
I don’t ask I just do. My man has pulled 800 for 3 so I’m just doing what I’m told lol. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life though. So something is happening here. Historically, my bench has responded well to volume.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Working sets were 8 reps for 5 sets.
*not including incline*

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t ask I just do. My man has pulled 800 for 3 so I’m just doing what I’m told lol. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life though. So something is happening here. Historically, my bench has responded well to volume.
Ah I forgot you were paying for programming. Best to keep your head down then! What I learned from the Cube iterations I ran was if you throw a lot of volume at the big lifts you WILL get better. Especially upper body like you have found. You just have to recover from it.

That’s a sick deadlift but I have seen some **** programming from great lifters (not that yours is!). Wife had a coach who was a 900-1,000lb deadlifter that was basically having her do a bunch of fluff his IFBB Pro wife did, not what he did. But my wife was not trying to become a bodybuilder So I am probably scarred from working with anyone I couldn’t discuss everything with.

CWS is big on compound volume, and I do think he’s obviously doing something effective between what he’s accomplished and all the folks he’s helped.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah I forgot you were paying for programming. Best to keep your head down then! What I learned from the Cube iterations I ran was if you throw a lot of volume at the big lifts you WILL get better. Especially upper body like you have found. You just have to recover from it.

That’s a sick deadlift but I have seen some **** programming from great lifters (not that yours is!). Wife had a coach who was a 900-1,000lb deadlifter that was basically having her do a bunch of fluff his IFBB Pro wife did, not what he did. But my wife was not trying to become a bodybuilder So I am probably scarred from working with anyone I couldn’t discuss everything with.

CWS is big on compound volume, and I do think he’s obviously doing something effective between what he’s accomplished and all the folks he’s helped.
Yeah we sat down and went over long term goals. Said I wasn’t going to count on competing this year with all the wu flu cancel culture bs. Soooo.... we be building! Now I’m thinking I wanna take a stab around 242 when the time comes. I like this weight on me. It’ll be interesting to see where number land in a few months.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just read the last page, will catch up from here I am way too far behind.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like that squat workout!

Are you resting about 4 minutes between wrapping, or between sets and wrapping is included in that? I felt like when I tried to train with wraps back in January it just took forever to roll the wraps back up then put them back on - it was totally exhausting, and took forever.

Also, how many days per week are you lifting right now, and what weight are you up to?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like that squat workout!

Are you resting about 4 minutes between wrapping, or between sets and wrapping is included in that? I felt like when I tried to train with wraps back in January it just took forever to roll the wraps back up then put them back on - it was totally exhausting, and took forever.

Also, how many days per week are you lifting right now, and what weight are you up to?
Rolling and wrapping was my 4 min rest period. I’d unwrap, set timer, roll and wrap then go when 4 mins was up. Totally a redundant pain in the ass, I see what you mean.
Lifting 4 days per week as of now. That’s about max anyways when trying to factor in recovery to my busy work schedule. 240 and climbing!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W3D4
Accessory

Cybex cable machine farmer carry warmup

CG duffalo bench, 3 min rest:
55x10
165x5
277x8x5 Sleeves

Seated BB OHP, sleeves:
45x10
155x8x2 sets
135x8x2 sets

DUR:
+26lbsX15x3 sets

KB seal row:
212 (total weight) x6x3 sets
140 (total weight) x15 form failure
140x10 form failure

Not gonna lie today was rough. Didn’t go to bed till 4 am. My wife’s friend called late at night, she had gotten home and found that her dog had died from a seizure while she was at work. It was not pretty. Woke up today, took my Sunday vitamin injection, slammed a protein shake and drove to help load up an ancient cybex cable machine to bring to the garage gym. Unloaded that heavy bish, slammed vasoblitz and caffeine and proceeded to this workout. I’m gonna go eat breakfast now as I feel catabolic. Got it done though and feelin good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Putting in that work! That’s how you do it, one session after the next relentlessly. Overhead weights creeping up it appears too.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Putting in that work! That’s how you do it, one session after the next relentlessly. Overhead weights creeping up it appears too.
All this cardio paying off! 🤣
My one rep max on ohp and behind the neck have always been pretty decent for my weight. I’ve been backing it off to hit all my reps and sets. Today was just a little off but whatever. It is what it is.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to get that work in, what kind of cable station did you get? Some of those older ones are pretty amazing.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W4D1
Bodyweight: 240 lbs

Duffalo bench, 2 min rest:
55x10
165x5
277x8
297x8
302.5x8 sleeves

Single leg BB RDL:
155x8x3 sets per leg

45° Incline bench:
155x10
177x10
199x10

Weighted dips, heavy forward lean:
+62lbsX10x3 sets

Chin ups, 1 min rest, 2RIR:
Mobility on chin ups sucks. Internal rotation of wrists doesn’t equal 180° pain free. T-Rex problems.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
W4D1
Bodyweight: 240 lbs

Duffalo bench, 2 min rest:
55x10
165x5
277x8
297x8
302.5x8 sleeves

Single leg BB RDL:
155x8x3 sets per leg

45° Incline bench:
155x10
177x10
199x10

Weighted dips, heavy forward lean:
+62lbsX10x3 sets

Chin ups, 1 min rest, 2RIR:
Mobility on chin ups sucks. Internal rotation of wrists doesn’t equal 180° pain free. T-Rex problems.
Also repaired bicep problems. You need to manually stretch both wrists first by grabbing your hand with the other and rotating it to full 180* supination for short holds, like 10-30 seconds. Helps a lot.

Also consider stretching the top end of the bicep by holding a heavy Db/kb/55 plate/band anchored low behind your head with elbows up like a behind-the-neck tri extension at the fully stretched position. I like this for like a minute letting the weight slowly relax deeper and trying not to just hyperextend my low back. Let the weight gently guide the stretch.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also repaired bicep problems. You need to manually stretch both wrists first by grabbing your hand with the other and rotating it to full 180* supination for short holds, like 10-30 seconds. Helps a lot.

Also consider stretching the top end of the bicep by holding a heavy Db/kb/55 plate/band anchored low behind your head with elbows up like a behind-the-neck tri extension at the fully stretched position. I like this for like a minute letting the weight slowly relax deeper and trying not to just hyperextend my low back. Let the weight gently guide the stretch.
I’ll give those a try. It’s horrendous lol. Might as well just buy a bench shirt now and get to business lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll give those a try. It’s horrendous lol. Might as well just buy a bench shirt now and get to business lol
Lol man I wish you were local! I would love to get into some single-ply benching but that is just not something you can do effectively without a crew. You can get into a squat suit by yourself in a power rack, be spotted by the safeties, wrap your own knees, and you have to walk out single so no mono to operate, but you have to have a handoff guy and side spotters for shirt work - and to even get in it!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol man I wish you were local! I would love to get into some single-ply benching but that is just not something you can do effectively without a crew. You can get into a squat suit by yourself in a power rack, be spotted by the safeties, wrap your own knees, and you have to walk out single so no mono to operate, but you have to have a handoff guy and side spotters for shirt work - and to even get in it!
Yeah that’s a huge drawback, just wrapping knees is time consuming enough, let alone a bench shirt session. I’ve always thought it was more impressive raw, although benching a SHW max dead is pretty cool too. I believe it would be handy to do some geared benching as a “deload” method if one gets to an on/off season point. But I guess a slingshot is good enough.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that’s a huge drawback, just wrapping knees is time consuming enough, let alone a bench shirt session. I’ve always thought it was more impressive raw, although benching a SHW max dead is pretty cool too. I believe it would be handy to do some geared benching as a “deload” method if one gets to an on/off season point. But I guess a slingshot is good enough.
There’s definitely no reason to work a shirt in for a deload; just deload

To me shirted benching is NOT about satisfying the mainstream. No one will ever understand it or care, which is fine because **** ‘em. It’s not even really about true strength. It’s just working on a skill, a project with your buddies for 4 hours a week together for the sake of the game. I think that’s how all geared lifting should probably be viewed. You need to be strong and get stronger, but it’s also big time about skill mastery and there’s not much honest comparison to raw numbers.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W4D3

Mini band pull aparts, pressdowns, facepulls, pipe bends

CG duffalo bench, min rest:
55x10
165x5
277x8
288x8
293.5x8

Seated BB OHP:
45x8
155x8x2 sets
135xx8

DUR:
35lbsX15
26lbsX15

KB seal row:
160x15
140x15
124x15x2 sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very well so far at 10 mgs. It is crucial to my current supplement stack lol. We shall see how 20 fairs.
Make sure you’re splitting that 20mg into 2 servings per day for maximum breathing support. I remember what tvar did to my breathing by week 8 lol. Wish I had GW back then!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make sure you’re splitting that 20mg into 2 servings per day for maximum breathing support. I remember what tvar did to my breathing by week 8 lol. Wish I had GW back then!
Interesting. I have just been dosing once upon waking. Might have to change it up for science

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W5D1

Ate entirely too much seafood last nigh (and I live in a landlocked state). Spent all morning in bed and on the crapper. Dehydrated and weak feeling but still managed. The listed weights were all I could handle today. Such is life.

RNT banded deads:
135x10

Paused conventional deadlift, 2 secs at knee, straps, beltless, 4 min max rest on working sets:
225x5 doh
315x5 hook
405x5
425x5
405x5x2 sets

Paused hi bar squats, 2 sec pause, power bar, 3 min rest, beltless, raw:
135x5
225x3
315x4x4 sets

Incline bench, 2 min rest:
45x10
135x5
225x8x3 sets
185x8

Cable tricep pressdowns:
120x15x3 sets
135x15x2 sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good thing you didn’t get hurt training dehydrated mang! Sorry the food poisoning gotcha. That’s never a good time. Nice effort for sure.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good thing you didn’t get hurt training dehydrated mang! Sorry the food poisoning gotcha. That’s never a good time. Nice effort for sure.
On a positive note, I did purify and cleanse my soul of the sickness through sweat and pain lol. Wife said I was white as a ghost when I walked in the door.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W5D2

Mini pull aparts, facepulls, pressdowns
Pipe bends and stretches

TnG bench, straight bar, 2 min rest, sleeves on working sets:
45x10
155x6
265x3
337x6x6 sets

Hi bar squat:
155x5
265x5
348x9 wraps/belt

Weighted dips, 1 min rest, forward lean:
+62lbs x 8x5 sets

Chin up:
7x6 sets

IMG_6472.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never heard of Prone Plate Drags. I don’t see how being in a plank position is actually being prone at all by definition, but it looks like a great dynamic variation vs boring ass planks - definitely want to try these!

Kicking ass Sea Bass

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never heard of Prone Plate Drags. I don’t see how being in a plank position is actually being prone at all by definition, but it looks like a great dynamic variation vs boring ass planks - definitely want to try these!

Kicking ass Sea Bass
I had never heard of these in my life until today. I will say they are effective!