hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You actually look like you lift! How do you do that? :)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You actually look like you lift! How do you do that? :)
Honestly I have no idea. I thought my shoulders looked bigger and more defined even though I haven’t been doing and pressing or real shoulder work for the past week or so. Guess my body was in repair mode

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly I have no idea. I thought my shoulders looked bigger and more defined even though I haven’t been doing and pressing or real shoulder work for the past week or so. Guess my body was in repair mode
I was joking! "Do you even lift?" :) You look great bro. Your shoulders are clearly your trademark!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looking good brother. Keep crushing it

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/22/19
Skwaats (18 hr fasted)

Duffalo squats:
55x10
145x10
235x5
325x1
375x1x3 belt
395x1 belt
325x3x3 belt

Machine standing calf raise:
400x20
500x10
600x9

Db alt hammer curl:
50’sX20
60’sX10x2

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/22/19
Skwaats (18 hr fasted)

Duffalo squats:
55x10
145x10
235x5
325x1
375x1x3 belt
395x1 belt
325x3x3 belt

Machine standing calf raise:
400x20
500x10
600x9

Db alt hammer curl:
50’sX20
60’sX10x2
Oh, we are fasting! :)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/23/19
Back on the bench

Flat bench:
45x? Warmups
135x10 paused
225x10 paused
315x3,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
225x8,4 CG

That time off from pressing due to shoulder inflammation completely wrecked pressing strength. 315 felt heavy. Oh well, muscle memory will kick back in soon and I’ll be back in it. On the positive note my pulling is up lol. Quid pro quo.

JM press:
135x8,5

Pec deck rear delt flys:
160x10
195x10,8
175x10

Db French press:
90x10x2
These felt funky on shoulder so shut them down after 2nd set. Not painful, just not ready yet.

Weighted dips:
+1 plate x 8,6
+2 plates x 4
Bodyweight x 15

Kneel cable crunch:
240x12,9,5

Rope tri pressdown:
180x10
160x10

I gotta say, that freak bar that west side makes has got me drooling. I’d love to try that out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That looks terrifying! Why would I want the bar grip sliding on me??

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That looks terrifying! Why would I want the bar grip sliding on me??
I’ll have to track down the vid of them using it on max effort upper day (although it may have been insta I can’t remember). But basically using the same pattern here with a hefty chunk of plates. I imagine it would have an almost hex press like feel to it. Torture I say.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That bar looks like an injury lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That bar looks like an injury lol
Nahhhh, my old job was an injury lol. I believe the one in the vid I posted was their prototype model as well, the one they sell looks way more streamlined. But the application makes mah tittays burn just watching it. Holding bar in bottom position while shifting grip 3-5 times, then mid position shifting grip 3-5x, then top of movement shifting 3-5x, all in one set. Supposed to give an almost isometric like effect on chest and supporting back/shoulder musculature.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nahhhh, my old job was an injury lol. I believe the one in the vid I posted was their prototype model as well, the one they sell looks way more streamlined. But the application makes mah tittays burn just watching it. Holding bar in bottom position while shifting grip 3-5 times, then mid position shifting grip 3-5x, then top of movement shifting 3-5x, all in one set. Supposed to give an almost isometric like effect on chest and supporting back/shoulder musculature.
But an isometric contraction only builds muscle immediately around the given range of contraction - I learned that from articles by Louie himself, and Dr. Hatfield. That bar is the antithesis of an isometric contraction (which is essentially only a power technique, and a great one).

Not to say it couldn’t cause gains, just that it would be the furthest thing from say a press into pins - that freak has you moving 6 ways from Sunday!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/26/19
Deads
18 hr fasted w/ a PR

RDL warmups:
135x10 slow
225x10 slow

2” deficit dead, stiffbar (all hookgrip w/controlled descent):
315x5
405x3
475x1,1 belt, PR!
405x2 loose belt DOH

Plate loaded k eel hammy curl:
115x12 per leg
135x8x2

Out of gas. Need to feed.

IMG_5099.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats! #fukfasting
Haha yeah. Thanks brother! My eating schedule is all jacked up now cuz I turned my work schedule/lifestyle completely upside down to the nighttime. Makin it work though.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you were quitting your old job, did you find a new line of work?

Solid deficit PR!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you were quitting your old job, did you find a new line of work?

Solid deficit PR!
Thanks!
Just bartending at a nice establishment for right now. Pondering school or which route to go. It’s Pretty weird I make more doing that in less time than I did at my other job ?. having time to spend with my family is another perk, life is good!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks!
Just bartending at a nice establishment for right now. Pondering school or which route to go. It’s Pretty weird I make more doing that in less time than I did at my other job ?. having time to spend with my family is another perk, life is good!
Hey, can’t beat that! That’s awesome

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks!
Dude bartending can be a sweet fn gig...my gf used to come home with 500$ some nights after 6 hrs of work...abt 5x what i made in a 10 hour shift at the hospital. Now the 500 was on a good night and the exception, not the rule...but she still typically at least matched what i made on a shift to shift comparison in about 2/3 of the hours. Ill stop rambling, but, point is - bartending can bring in some moneyz if you get to a good place which it sounds like you were lucky enough to have found.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude bartending can be a sweet fn gig...my gf used to come home with 500$ some nights after 6 hrs of work...abt 5x what i made in a 10 hour shift at the hospital. Now the 500 was on a good night and the exception, not the rule...but she still typically at least matched what i made on a shift to shift comparison in about 2/3 of the hours. Ill stop rambling, but, point is - bartending can bring in some moneyz if you get to a good place which it sounds like you were lucky enough to have found.
It’s pretty crazy actually, for the time spent how good you can do on a night. I’m liking it so far and have time and options open. Time is the biggie, not used to it yet but I love it.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Hey SkRaw85,

Curious to know your thoughts on the high RBC?

Also, free test seems borderline low. Any thoughts on why? Can’t remember if you are on TRT or not.

I’m trying to figure out if my test (334) needs a boost. I’m age 62 so my doc says, “ 334, that’s good!” I know I’d feel much better at 500-600. Not sure I’m ready to pay for the monthly cost of TRT.

Congrats on the new job!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey SkRaw85,

Also, free test seems borderline low. Any thoughts on why? Can’t remember if you are on TRT or not.

I’m trying to figure out if my test (334) needs a boost. I’m age 62 so my doc says, “ 334, that’s good!” I know I’d feel much better at 500-600. Not sure I’m ready to pay for the monthly cost of TRT.

Congrats on the new job!
I wouldnt say it's horrible, and 334 for you at 62 is pretty good. Mine was in the 200's at 37 before I got help.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey SkRaw85,

Congrats on the new job!
Thanks! I had a high rbc even when I was younger. I’m guessing elevation? Spent my life living at decent (sometimes hefty) altitudes. Free test is definitely at the lower end. No TRT (yet), still not sure if that is low enough to qualify me.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congrats on the PR!! That’s awesome!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks! I had a high rbc even when I was younger. I’m guessing elevation? Spent my life living at decent (sometimes hefty) altitudes. Free test is definitely at the lower end. No TRT (yet), still not sure if that is low enough to qualify me.
Nice deadlift pr bro

I’m not sure many docs go by free test when looking at trt? Lack of knowledge on the subject being an issue from what I understand.

There are ways to lower the shbg instead, did you get that tested? If it’s high (which would explain the mid range test but low free test) then stuff like zinc, magnesium, boron and fish oil can lower it. green leafy veg (kale broccoli etc) also does I believe.

If your on a cycle then proviron is supposedly very effective......

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice deadlift pr bro

I’m not sure many docs go by free test when looking at trt? Lack of knowledge on the subject being an issue from what I understand.

There are ways to lower the shbg instead, did you get that tested? If it’s high (which would explain the mid range test but low free test) then stuff like zinc, magnesium, boron and fish oil can lower it. green leafy veg (kale broccoli etc) also does I believe.

If your on a cycle then proviron is supposedly very effective......
Thanks whisky bro! I just got those two tests for now because they were free. Have the rest of the panel getting done shortly so will see what’s up. Not on cycle

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/28/19
Chasing a pump today. 30 secs to 1 min max rest between all sets. Ripped some skin on palm/finger on hooker deads last session. Annoying healing spot and I’m not trying to put my blood in a Bloody Mary. Bro’in out.

Incline Db alt hammer curls:
35’sX20x2
45’sX10

Db shrug:
80’sX20x2
90’sX20

Cable kneel high pulley single arm curl:
90x8 per arm
80x8
70x10

Db seated Ahrens press:
40’sX18
30’sX18
20’sX15

Ez bar reverse curl:
70x10,8,6

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You’re looking at it wrong my dude. If you put blood in a bloody mary you’re at least serving a REAL bloody mary.

Plus, you’re giving away them strong genes!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You’re looking at it wrong my dude. If you put blood in a bloody mary you’re at least serving a REAL bloody mary.

Plus, you’re giving away them strong genes!
Hahaha! Yeah I dunno how the health inspector would feel bout that. Those strong genes are all bound up currently tho