SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i enjoyed captain america, particularly the near the end scene where he drove the motorcycle into the hydra base

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i enjoyed captain america, particularly the near the end scene where he drove the motorcycle into the hydra base

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyway guys I was sick all of last week so I finally got back in to the gym this evening. I had forgotten how rude people are at 'peak hours.' When I'm in the middle of a set on a bench that has some pegs for weights on the back, some jackasses are still racking/unracking weights from them. I felt like grabbing a 5lb and banging it against the side of whatever bench they were on/machine they were using. Maybe then they'd understand why it pisses me off so much. Jerks.
You should have stayed home and used the ol' power rack!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Surprisingly, I would put it as the best movie of the summer. It's close between that and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Love a good underdog stories. And yes I would count Steve Rogers and Cesar as underdogs in those particular movies.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Did you create that page?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You should have stayed home and used the ol' power rack!!
Chest day is the only day I don't feel comfortable completing at home. Any other day I would have done that for sure.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me? Little ol' me? lol But... I'm so peaceful!!! :D
I know. I couldn't imagine a nice, kind, gentle soul like you ever making such a thing. ;)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, how is the Halloween plans coming along this year?
Pretty good. I had hoped that we would be moving along with this whole house move thing, but doesn't look like we'll be starting out there in November. House is a wreck right now as we're packing, so gotta probably do some major clean-up work before I let the kiddies come waltzing in. My wife is doing something old school and stupid in the kitchen with them, but before they get there, they have to walk past me. I'll be either in a chair or on the floor, shotgun at my side.... after blowing my brains out. Full gore effects, as much as I can possibly do without blowing an actual hole in myself or the house, too. I'm NOT going to make this one PG-13. And I'm quite excited about eating the barrel of a 'gauge! :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty good. I had hoped that we would be moving along with this whole house move thing, but doesn't look like we'll be starting out there in November. House is a wreck right now as we're packing, so gotta probably do some major clean-up work before I let the kiddies come waltzing in. My wife is doing something old school and stupid in the kitchen with them, but before they get there, they have to walk past me. I'll be either in a chair or on the floor, shotgun at my side.... after blowing my brains out. Full gore effects, as much as I can possibly do without blowing an actual hole in myself or the house, too. I'm NOT going to make this one PG-13. And I'm quite excited about eating the barrel of a 'gauge! :D
LOL, nice... it the most sadistic way.

I went to an amusement park in North Carolina last week called Carowinds that put's on a Halloween event every evening after 7pm. They closed the park from 5-7 and decorate the whole thing as a giant haunted park. The thing was awesome!! They had extra creepy people walking and hiding all around the park to scare the crap out of people. It was probably one of the coolest Halloween themed things I have ever been too. If your close to the NC area, or travel there a lot I highly suggest you check it out. Especially if your a Halloween fan.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday. Time to nut up or shut up.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Wow gang, thread kinda fell by the wayside after a few days.

How have you guys been? I've been on vacation all week and redefining 'as little as possible.' Surprisingly enough, even though I've been in a major funk for months now I actually made it to the gym 3 outta the past 4 days with chest tomorrow and legs on Saturday...I may get back to a regular schedule.

On the side of productivity, I'm actually writing this on my new rig that I built today. Intel i7 2600k, 16gig ram, nvidia 460gtx, 60gig ssd and 1tb hd (both sata iii,) blu-ray burner. It had been a good 5+ years since I actually built one rather than just bought a bloatware-free rig from ibuypower like my last one. So now it's a matter of learning windows 7. I was an XP fanatic that hated change and refused vista like the plague so we'll see how 7 goes. So far so good...other than those irritating UAC shields on practically everything.

Apparently it isn't getting about 52 tomorrow. Good day to stay inside and get some gaming done if you ask me.

Anyone up for a game of CharDee MacDennis: The Game of Games?

[video=youtube;Z7u8hbd6sOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u8hbd6sOA[/video]

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats a nice cpu there.;) now I know who to bug when I want ideas for my laptop

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I know there's some comic book geeks here, so I wanted to share. I geek a lot on the artists too not just the story line,gonna go see Kevin Rockaforte and Dan Diddio this weekend :) Happy about that, hope to see some costumed geeks

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Strong pimpin' there, Maite. LOL

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Oh my bad!! I always have like 8 tabs open and I was using this post to move images for the contest thread :/

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Need MOAR Zombies!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh my bad!! I always have like 8 tabs open and I was using this post to move images for the contest thread :/
HA!! And here, when you said that on chat, I thought you meant what you wrote on FB!! :D

Need MOAR Zombies!
Agreed!!!

Oh, and nice job on the computer, eventhough I don't know what half of that is!!! All of the comps I use are pretty darn antique. My one here at the office is older than my employment here, but a bit Frankensteined. 2 hard drives (80GB each), and only 3/4GB of RAM. SAD!!!!!! At home... let's not go there. (256mb anyone???) Fortunately, we take electronics to recycle, and every now and again, something quasi-useful comes in. All of my PC's have decent audio to 'em. A few days ago, lady brought in a little 12" HP Pavilion lappy that had a bad harddrive. She gave us the lappy, powercord, and the external DVD R/W drive that it came with. So... took it home and tried to reload Windows on it. No go...bad disc. A little eBay and I have one coming next week! If it works, it'll be a 320GB drive and has 4GB RAM. Not huge by today's standards, but for me, a MEGA upgrade!!! And for $41, ya can't beat it!!!! :D

And there's also this...

389797_2492976731396_1462134263_32730147_805440507_n.jpg

I look like I have a HUGE jaw... LOL One day out of the year to wear my red contacts, so I took the opportunity. ;) The freakiest part? I'm smiling. THAT does not happen often...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was very cool, nonetheless.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know there's some comic book geeks here, so I wanted to share. I geek a lot on the artists too not just the story line,gonna go see Kevin Rockaforte and Dan Diddio this weekend :) Happy about that, hope to see some costumed geeks
What did they draw on? My personal favorite is Mark Bagely. Dale Keown and Eric Larsen are up there as well. Been to several horror conventions, never made it to a comic one yet. Have fun.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Sunday morning you fine ladies and gentlemen. Hi Five!!!!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
What did they draw on? My personal favorite is Mark Bagely. Dale Keown and Eric Larsen are up there as well. Been to several horror conventions, never made it to a comic one yet. Have fun.
I didn't make it :( my whole weekend was highjacked by a family reunion, and since i'm the only one with a pick up truck, I had a lot of work. what with moving rented chairs and tables and decorations....
Anywho Kenneth Rocafort (Correction from other post, I'm terrible with names) is a puertorrican artist, he's done Velocity
velocity-page2-300px.jpg
velocity2revhead.jpg

and Hunter Killers
rocafort_k_hunterkiller2.jpg
for Top Cow and He's also worked with DC

Dan Diddio is Copublisher and a writer at DC (or at least he wrote for tv at one point)

My alltime favs are Scott Campbell, Joe Madureira and Michael Turner (who's death I Still haven't gotten over) Michael was one of my top 3 biggest influences in my art work. top 3 are Michael Turner, Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Boris Vallejo's work. Those barbarian women are so strong and beautiful.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't make it :( my whole weekend was highjacked by a family reunion, and since i'm the only one with a pick up truck, I had a lot of work. what with moving rented chairs and tables and decorations....
Anywho Kenneth Rocafort (Correction from other post, I'm terrible with names) is a puertorrican artist, he's done Velocity
View attachment 47065
View attachment 47066

and Hunter Killers
View attachment 47067
for Top Cow and He's also worked with DC

Dan Diddio is Copublisher and a writer at DC (or at least he wrote for tv at one point)

My alltime favs are Scott Campbell, Joe Madureira and Michael Turner (who's death I Still haven't gotten over) Michael was one of my top 3 biggest influences in my art work. top 3 are Michael Turner, Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo
Nice. The only title I ever got into from Top Cow was The Darkness, never looked at any of the others. I'll have to check them out. I was never influenced per say from any inker or drawer, I just thought the way they drew and/or colored was really cool. Stick figures are about as good as I can get. But I can imagine up some cool things.... just can't draw or sculpt them. I respect the artist immensely for what they do.
I love Boris Vallejo's work. Those barbarian women are so strong and beautiful.
You like Boris and the Barbarians, you'll love Basel Paledouris as he tells you about The Anvil of Crom:

[video=youtube;5ZY2mRG5mzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg[/video]

Oh, yes..... it's that song. ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Do you know the riddle of steel?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know Grimace....I only recently figured out what your screen name means
Congratulations!!! I was bored one day and thought that sucker up all by my lonesome :D. After having my avatar for so long though, I should just change it too Grimace(if I could I would). Everyone seems to refer to me that way anyways, plus it's easier for people to figure out ;).
^^^ Genius, small but mighty.
Greatness is often delivered to us in small packages my friend. Well that is, unless it's a poop bag or something. :sick:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Kyo won't stand for that. Ralph is gonna f*cked up over stealing his chicken.

I played King of Fighters for a long while back in high school. K', Iori, and Kyo was my team. Ore no... kachi da!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
king of fighters was a great game and that one chick in the red was sexy ;)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Anybody else played Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Although pretty tough for me I loved being able to play with the G-Force caharacters (specially Swan Jun)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anybody else played Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Although pretty tough for me I loved being able to play with the G-Force caharacters (specially Swan Jun)
Never played it. But I have (of course) played Marvel vs Capcom.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sitting here eating my first ever attempt at homemade chili. Sh*t is dank as hell fellas!

2lb 96/4 ground beef
browned in skillet

2 jalepeno peppers
1 sweet red pepper
1/2 onion
all sauteed in coconut oil

1 large can tomato sauce
1 regular can tomato sauce
1 can dice tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can low sodium green beans

2 tbsp flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp basil leaves
4 tsp chili powder

Just to give you a little background on my cooking prowess: I can make toast, eggs, and bake chicken breasts. After I sauteed the veggies I realized I forgot the garlic cloves. Oh well, it still turned out amazing. It's been slow cooking since about 11:30 this morning. Mmmmm.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds pretty decent! My cooking prowess is somewhere on par with toast, eggs, coffee, splitting a bagel, using a cast iron skillet to make perfect steak, baking home-made bread from scratch, able to wield an 8" chefs knife to do anything, and having my own "Tim's Whoop-ass" chili win the Marlboro Chili Cook-off circa 98 or so. ;)

Unlike your recipe, mine is kinda "whatever". Look in the fridge. If you think it might go in a pot of chili, then by all means, throw it in there! I've put milk, ranch dressing, packets of taco bell hotsauce in mine. Usual spice concoction involves fresh and dried peppers - jalapenos, red pepper flakes, chili powder, any sorta hot sauce I may have on-hand, curry powder, and one single dried and aged habanero. Meat is usually just ground beef, nothing fancy but drained. Beans - can of red, can of lighter red! I put about a cup and a half of white sugar in mine, though. It helps to thicken and it makes it a bit sweeter. That also helps to cut the initial heat down. Simmer everything in the pot for eternity, or until most of the beans have actually fallen apart. When you taste it, it's a rush of flavors and some sweetness. Then you swallow, pick up the spoon again, scoop some up, then realize that OMGYOUJUSTLITYOURFACEONFIRE!!!! :D Yup... TiM's Whoop-ass Chili. It's "ow my azz hurts" good!!! (Actual tag line on the recipe!!!)

Enjoy!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds pretty decent! My cooking prowess is somewhere on par with toast, eggs, coffee, splitting a bagel, using a cast iron skillet to make perfect steak, baking home-made bread from scratch, able to wield an 8" chefs knife to do anything, and having my own "Tim's Whoop-ass" chili win the Marlboro Chili Cook-off circa 98 or so. ;)

Unlike your recipe, mine is kinda "whatever". Look in the fridge. If you think it might go in a pot of chili, then by all means, throw it in there! I've put milk, ranch dressing, packets of taco bell hotsauce in mine. Usual spice concoction involves fresh and dried peppers - jalapenos, red pepper flakes, chili powder, any sorta hot sauce I may have on-hand, curry powder, and one single dried and aged habanero. Meat is usually just ground beef, nothing fancy but drained. Beans - can of red, can of lighter red! I put about a cup and a half of white sugar in mine, though. It helps to thicken and it makes it a bit sweeter. That also helps to cut the initial heat down. Simmer everything in the pot for eternity, or until most of the beans have actually fallen apart. When you taste it, it's a rush of flavors and some sweetness. Then you swallow, pick up the spoon again, scoop some up, then realize that OMGYOUJUSTLITYOURFACEONFIRE!!!! :D Yup... TiM's Whoop-ass Chili. It's "ow my azz hurts" good!!! (Actual tag line on the recipe!!!)

Enjoy!
I don't see how you guys do it with the spicy stuff. I can't take anything that has more spice then a regular order of chicken wings at Hooters. The concept of eating something that brings pain just doesn't sound all that appealing to me. Eating is suppose to be enjoyable isn't it?lol

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
It is. But when you get the endorphin rush from spicy food it is pretty killer. Plus if I remember right there was a study along the lines of spicy foods helping with weight loss.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is. But when you get the endorphin rush from spicy food it is pretty killer. Plus if I remember right there was a study along the lines of spicy foods helping with weight loss.
There is also the theory that cold bland foods increase internal temperatures for digestion, so it's a win-win ;)