So long story short I had dislocated my shoulder abruptly and now that it’s healed I still have pain but it’s starting to travel down the back of my bicep and part of my tricep. Wondering if this sounds like bicep tendinitis now or something else. Thanks.
So long story short I had dislocated my shoulder abruptly and now that it’s healed I still have pain but it’s starting to travel down the back of my bicep and part of my tricep. Wondering if this sounds like bicep tendinitis now or something else. Thanks.
I've had bicep tendon issues and a dislocated shoulder.
The bicep tendon usually effected goes to your forarm, it wouldn't loop around to the triceps.
I would guess nerve damage. Maybe start with a chiropractor?
I have one that regularly adjusts my shoulder back into the socket as well as my spine. Find one that does that, and you might find it helps.
If that's not it hanging stretching a few times a day and massage might be the answer.
Hope some of this helps. I know it's extremely frustrating.
As said above bicep tendonitis will be a dull ache in the anterior compartment of the shoulder, proximal to the bicep itself and distal to the AC Joint. It’ll be a no stop ache that worsens with use. Having had it myself you’ll be able to identify buy simply palpating for the bicep tendon on both shoulders and seeing if one is larger and or thicker than the other. This is a easily noticeable sign of inflammation in the area. Radiating pain that’s dull could be a sign of a pinched muscle, particularly the supraspinatus muscle which attaches on to the proximal head of the humorous.
If there’s a sharp shooting pain the you could safely assume nerve damage or impingement is to blame
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.