Shoulder injury worsening

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So long story short I had dislocated my shoulder abruptly and now that it’s healed I still have pain but it’s starting to travel down the back of my bicep and part of my tricep. Wondering if this sounds like bicep tendinitis now or something else. Thanks.

Ase_james

Awards
So long story short I had dislocated my shoulder abruptly and now that it’s healed I still have pain but it’s starting to travel down the back of my bicep and part of my tricep. Wondering if this sounds like bicep tendinitis now or something else. Thanks.
I've had bicep tendon issues and a dislocated shoulder.
The bicep tendon usually effected goes to your forarm, it wouldn't loop around to the triceps.

I would guess nerve damage. Maybe start with a chiropractor?
I have one that regularly adjusts my shoulder back into the socket as well as my spine. Find one that does that, and you might find it helps.

If that's not it hanging stretching a few times a day and massage might be the answer.
Hope some of this helps. I know it's extremely frustrating.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had sciatica/nerve pain shooting down my left leg, chiropractor did the job and going to the gym. All gone now woo hoo.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It could be scar tissue, Google fricton massage, deep tissue massage, watch youtube videos, and practice on yourself

if you must, get a good active release therapist.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly probably going to be tough to get a true diagnosis online unless consulting with someone with the right expertise.

I’d find a good physical therapist in your area and see if you can get checked out.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As said above bicep tendonitis will be a dull ache in the anterior compartment of the shoulder, proximal to the bicep itself and distal to the AC Joint. It’ll be a no stop ache that worsens with use. Having had it myself you’ll be able to identify buy simply palpating for the bicep tendon on both shoulders and seeing if one is larger and or thicker than the other. This is a easily noticeable sign of inflammation in the area. Radiating pain that’s dull could be a sign of a pinched muscle, particularly the supraspinatus muscle which attaches on to the proximal head of the humorous.

If there’s a sharp shooting pain the you could safely assume nerve damage or impingement is to blame