Should or begin to Bulk or continue Cutting? Opps Please

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Hello All,

I am new to this form as a poster, but was a reader for some time now. This form kicks the hell outta the other forms I used to frequent (cough cough bodybuilding.com ,etc.).

My question is this please look at my attached photos (in my anabolic mind profile, sorry cant post photos yet) and let me know if I should (in your opinion) begin to bulk and build muscle, or continue cutting as I've been doing.

A little bit of background info about myself. I am a 24 year old male. I stand 5ft11inches and weight approximately 163 lbs. In the past five months I've lost about 100 lbs (give or take, I was like 269 and fat lol) and have been cutting so to speak with lots of high rep lifting and cardio. My goal is to get a six pack, or four pack or whatever I can get with my diet, discipline and genetics. I am not sure about my body fat percentage. I've been told by numerous people that I am looking rather skinny lately, a little to skinny. My gut is the only real remaining fat area on me it seems, it seems to be stubborn fat, that I am having a hell of a time getting rid of to show some defined abs.

If I would go on a bulking phase could I still develop a good ab/core area? Or must this be done with cutting (lots of cardio, high reps and calorie deficit diet,etc.)? I would like to put on some muscle (noticeable muscle that is).

Please check out my attached pics (in my anabolic mind profile, sorry cant post photos yet) and let me know what you think, I understand its a personal decision, but could use the advice from you experts out there.

Thanks! I look forward to your suggestions, and sorry about the rambling and long message. Please ignore back hair haha.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bulk it up bro.

Lean bulk which means adding muscle slowly to minimize fat.

The only way your core is gonna get a six pack is if you add the muscle on first.

I can understand if your hesitant to bulk becuase of the weight you lost (congrats, btw) ... but at 5'11" & 163lbs you should definitely clean bulk up to at least 185 and then cut it down.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks Man and Follow Up Question...

Renegade,

Thanks for the suggestion, your help is greatly appreciated.

I have a question in regards to caloric intake while in bulking phase, maybe you or one of the other gents could help me out with. At my height and weight (i.e. 5ft11, 161 lbs today) how many calories should one consume a day to put on between 12-15 lbs of muscle during a clean bulking phase?

I've been cutting for so long it seems, that its going to take some time for me to get used to not eating in deficit, I don't know if I can take it haha. Look forward to your input.

Thanks guys.