Shaddow vs. T-Roid & P-Plex

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
To be completely honest with you, I think I'll eventually need that NuVasive surgery on my back, like Nate Quarry and Tito Ortiz had. If I stand up straight and lift my right knee up high and bring it back down, you can hear a 'pop' in my lumbar every time. It's like one of my vertebrae is loose and moves from side to side or something.
damn. be careful man. my knees pop every rep when i do squats and its just scary. of course, they've been doing that before i started lifting, so probably a genetic issue of some kind. play it safe, but don't short yourself on what you can accomplish.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
damn. be careful man. my knees pop every rep when i do squats and its just scary. of course, they've been doing that before i started lifting, so probably a genetic issue of some kind. play it safe, but don't short yourself on what you can accomplish.
Yeah, I get the knee pops too. :p I just stay nice and controlled. I still work hard and push myself, but I don't usually try to go for 1RM's or anything like that on squats and deads.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Luckily my back is not near as jacked up as some of the stuff you have gone through. Your back is freaking ripped for someone who has had issues with it. I hope you are able to put the surgery off for a while because I know that would keep you out for a while.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Well your lower back damn near look like abs, so I can imagine :shocked:
Luckily my back is not near as jacked up as some of the stuff you have gone through. Your back is freaking ripped for someone who has had issues with it. I hope you are able to put the surgery off for a while because I know that would keep you out for a while.
See, and here's the thing with that. It's because of my lower back injury that my muscles are so tight in my lower back. Whenever my back is troubling me, my muscles tighten up. Sometimes they stay that way for weeks. So it's not like I'm unbelievably ripped, or I'm doing some extraordinary movements to build muscle there - it's more just a result of my low back injury and my muscles taking on the workload that my spine can't handle.

Believe me, I'd rather have a "soft" lower back and a functional spine than a ripped, troublesome lower back.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
See, and here's the thing with that. It's because of my lower back injury that my muscles are so tight in my lower back. Whenever my back is troubling me, my muscles tighten up. Sometimes they stay that way for weeks. So it's not like I'm unbelievably ripped, or I'm doing some extraordinary movements to build muscle there - it's more just a result of my low back injury and my muscles taking on the workload.
All I got from my low back injury was re-occurring sciatica. Pretty sure I got the short end of the stick on that draw.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
All I got from my low back injury was re-occurring sciatica. Pretty sure I got the short end of the stick on that draw.

Sciatica's a bitch. I used to have it bad back in the day, but luckily it hasn't troubled me in several years.

*Knock on wood*

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday I decided to go in and do some light cardio and core work.

By "light cardio", I mean 5 minutes on a stationary bike. :D

I'm honestly not too worried about cardio atm. I'll be doing more and more of it over the course of the next few months, and I'll be performing all out cardio sessions before June for sure.

Did some sit ups, twisting sit-ups, 45-degree back extensions, knee raises, hit the Ab Coaster, and called it a day.

Funny thing is my lumbar was still troubling me from those deads the day before, but after my core work it felt fine. Woke up this morning and I feel great.

I've been COMPLETELY neglecting my core since about July, when I was still on my last cut. Back then I was doing back extensions with a 45# plate, and sit ups on a decline bench with a 120# db on my chest. Right now I am struggling to do them unweighted. LOL. So I've got a good ways to go with this. Hopefully I can get in some good cardio/core sessions in the coming weeks. I would definitely like to go in at least twice a week. We'll see how it all works out.

2 more days 'til I start this stack, and 5 more days til my first DC workout!!
your going on cyclr and DC at the same time? Holy shizznit you are going to see great gains.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Went into the gym and did another light cardio and core session. And, yes, I mean 5 minutes on a stationary bike. :D I did sit-ups, weighted sit-ups @ 20, 30, & 40#, 45-degree back extensions, and that torso twist-machine thingy. Lots of supersets and jumping back and forth between machines. I got to the gym about 30 minutes before closing, so I pretty much had the whole room to myself. I love late night workouts.

Tomorrow I'm gonna do some hack squats which I think I've only ever done like once before. I'll probably do some calve work of some sort, and some bb shoulder presses or overhead presses. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Day 1 of my cycle!!! :head::head::head:

:bruce1:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Went into the gym and did another light cardio and core session. And, yes, I mean 5 minutes on a stationary bike. :D I did sit-ups, weighted sit-ups @ 20, 30, & 40#, 45-degree back extensions, and that torso twist-machine thingy. Lots of supersets and jumping back and forth between machines. I got to the gym about 30 minutes before closing, so I pretty much had the whole room to myself. I love late night workouts.

Tomorrow I'm gonna do some hack squats which I think I've only ever done like once before. I'll probably do some calve work of some sort, and some bb shoulder presses or overhead presses. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Day 1 of my cycle!!! :head::head::head:

:bruce1:
if you ever get bored...

try doing some reverse hack squats. if you played football it'll kinda take you back...

they're one of my favorite things to do but my gym took our 5 hack squat machines out.

all 5...

didn't leave me a single one. :(

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
HAHA! I hope you guys are right!! :D
i think DC is a great program. i haven't been following it exactly - this ecto frame was built for endurance, but those rest pause sets come with a great pump. (no homo).

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you ever get bored...

try doing some reverse hack squats. if you played football it'll kinda take you back...

they're one of my favorite things to do but my gym took our 5 hack squat machines out.

all 5...

didn't leave me a single one. :(
Do you ever do BB Hack Squats?...Resolve introduced me to them, and they're definitely one of my favorite exercises now.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i think DC is a great program. i haven't been following it exactly - this ecto frame was built for endurance, but those rest pause sets come with a great pump. (no homo).
what exactly is d.c.?

it was thrown around alot on an old forum i was on but i never paid much attention to it.

my program has always worked for me.

i've never hit a plateau

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's like a deadlift, but the bar is behind you...

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
This is more or less what I based my routine on:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw53.htm

The more I think about and look over my old routines and how I progressed through them, then look at the DC training principles and the way I would progress with it, the more I begin to see the reasons why it should work better, and the more obvious flaws with my old routines becomes.

I have a feeling that good things are in store for me on this run.

I'm pretty freaking excited to get this started!! :head:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Let's get it on!!

Day 1
Weight: 188.4

Took 10mg P-Plex & 30mg T-Roid this morning after breakfast along with some hawthorn, Vit C, Vitex, saw palmetto, Gut Health and a multi. Not really much to report at this time.

Just FYI, I'm dosing 1 P-Plex & 1 T-Roid in the AM & before bed, and 1 more T-Roid in the late afternoon.

I was hovering between 190 & 194 for several days (probably due to my sushi, pancake breakfast, and pizza binge last weekend), but dropped back down to 188 on Tuesday and have been holding there since. I'm shooting for 200# by the time I'm done with this run, so that would be +11.6. We'll see what happens!!

Heading to the gym later this evening.

My gf jacked my camera last week for a trip, but I should be getting it back tonight, so I'll hopefully have pics up by tomorrow.

This is it... I am officially ON!!! :D

:bb3:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Took 10mg P-Plex & 30mg T-Roid this morning after breakfast along with some hawthorn, Vit C, Vitex, saw palmetto, Gut Health and a multi. Not really much to report at this time.

Just FYI, I'm dosing 1 P-Plex & 1 T-Roid in the AM & before bed, and 1 more T-Roid in the late afternoon.

I was hovering between 190 & 194 for several days (probably due to my sushi, pancake breakfast, and pizza binge last weekend), but dropped back down to 188 on Tuesday and have been holding there since. I'm shooting for 200# by the time I'm done with this run, so that would be +11.6. We'll see what happens!!

Heading to the gym later this evening.

My gf jacked my camera last week for a trip, but I should be getting it back tonight, so I'll hopefully have pics up by tomorrow.

good to go :D

i'll check out d.c. later tonight when i get time.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am excited to follow your progress. I wish I looked like you before starting so I could focus on getting huge. Your goal should be well within reach.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you read up on just dosing 2x/day; early morning and afternoon? I used to dose like you are doing, but read that keeping doses away from night time allows your natural test to balance itself out at night a little better (sine most hormones are highest during your sleep) and keep from a real harsh shutdown. I double-up my morning dose (pre-wo), and then just take a single dose in the afternoon.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1

I think 200 is very doable you have the dedication and know your diet so should be a great run

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
good to go :D

i'll check out d.c. later tonight when i get time.
Definitely look into it. I've heard nothing but good things, and I'm expecting nothing but GREAT things. :D

I am excited to follow your progress. I wish I looked like you before starting so I could focus on getting huge. Your goal should be well within reach.
Thanks, bro. You've come a long way too, man. Don't ever forget that. ****, I still remember when I was 22: 145 lbs soaking wet wearing boots with change in my pockets.

Have you read up on just dosing 2x/day; early morning and afternoon? I used to dose like you are doing, but read that keeping doses away from night time allows your natural test to balance itself out at night a little better (sine most hormones are highest during your sleep) and keep from a real harsh shutdown. I double-up my morning dose (pre-wo), and then just take a single dose in the afternoon.
No, I've never seen anything about that. Interesting concept. Do you have any links by chance? I'll have to read up on that.

I think 200 is very doable you have the dedication and know your diet so should be a great run
Thanks, bro. I'm definitely hoping for a great run!! :cheers:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have any pics when you were 145?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I've never seen anything about that. Interesting concept. Do you have any links by chance? I'll have to read up on that.
I'd have to do some searching for you. It's definitely my preferred method of dosing, now. I usually run a test booster with the afternoon dose, as well as pre-bed. It seems to make PCT much easier, quicker, and more enjoyable. I tend to bounce back much more quickly.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
shaddow...
where you been man?

it feels like it's been since friday...

ages ago......

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: Monday, March 30
Weight: 192.2 (+3.8)

Workout #1 - A1

Flat db press: 2 warm-ups @ 40x18, 65x12
Working set with rest-pauses: 95x8 +3 +4.

My shoulder felt funny on that second set so I put it down. I was gonna do my working set with 90# db's but there was only one... I looked everywhere for the 2nd and couldn't find it. So I picked up the 95's and felt great with the extra weight. I think I would've gotten 2 more reps on that second set if I didn't tweak my shoulder. Came through on that last set. This felt great. Off to stretch.

DB shoulder press: 2 warm-ups @ 25x18, 40x12
Working set with rest-pauses: 65x7 +FAIL + 50x10 +8

I hate working shoulders after chest. :soapbox: I couldn't get the 65's over my head for that second set, so I dropped, a bit too much, down to 50#ers. I should've done 60's or 55's, but I pussed out. Not happening next time.

Dips: 2 warm-ups @ 60# assist x15, 30# assist x 15
Working set with rest-pauses: BWx15 +7 +5

This was only my second time doing dips in about 5-6 months. My shoulders have always been a weak point for dips, but I feel like I should progress well on this in the coming weeks with continued work.

Wide-grip lat pulldowns: 2 warm ups @ 90x18, 110x12
Working set with rest-pauses: 150x8 +4 +4

I was already feeling a bit fatigued by the time I got to pulldowns, but I pushed it out and did ok. Felt good though. I'll give 160 a shot next time around.

DB rows: 2 warm-ups @ 50x18, 70x12
Working set: 105x8

No rest-pauses for back thickness. I am actually probably pretty close to my max, which I believe is 110 x 6. I have a feeling I'll blow by this pretty shortly. I think I honestly could've squeezed out another rep, maybe two if I would've rested another minute.

Notes:

I felt very focused and aggressive in the gym today. Decent alpha feeling as well. Yesterday it was nice out and I decided to throw a softball around with the gf (she's good!!) and a buddy, and we batted and fielded a bit as well. I was having good pumps in the evening, so I was pretty sure the anabolics had kicked in. My attitude, desire, and ability to dig deep in the gym today was great, and I expect these strengths to continue escalating in the coming days/weeks. It bugs me that I had two off days this weekend cuz I feel like I missed out on some possible good gym sessions, but I guess I did need the proper rest before starting this new training style up. I may end up deciding to do EOD workouts instead of M,W,F depending on how sore I feel. We'll see as we go along.

All in all, I would have to say that my first DC training session was absolutely brutal. In a good way. I know that I will be sore as hell tomorrow. This kind of intensity is gonna take a few workouts to get used to cuz I was drained by my 5th set. I started out really excited about this new training style, and I don't feel like I was/will be let down. The anabolics are definitely having a noticeable effect already, and I can feel that it's only gonna get better. I'm expecting to see some really nice gains on this run. :twisted:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
You have any pics when you were 145?
I don't, but I know my mother does. Next time I sit down with her I'll go through some albums and see if I find anything to scan. Sheit. This should be embarrassing. :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wooooo! Great update! Glad to see you on here, and happy that you are feeling good about the run of these products.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
woooohooooo shaddow's back.

glad you had a good gym session bro....:D

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
shaddow...
where you been man?

it feels like it's been since friday...

ages ago......
I'm right here, fool! LOL. Spent a lot of time outdoors and with the gf this weekend. But I'm back! :thumbsup:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i tried to rep you but i have to spread the love first.

good to see your back man. you and vol, and bebig went awol all weekend and i really had nothing insightful to read. i ended up fishing around the forum for thigns to read all weekend.

i'm off to bed though man, ttyl

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We still need to see some shadow pics!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: Tuesday, March 31
Weight: 192.2 (+3.8)

Today was an off day but I went in to do some cardio and core work. I banged my knee yesterday and it's been killing me, but a bit better after the stationary bike tonight. Couldn't run or do high knee raises though.

I knew I shouldn't have, but I ended up bb shrugging and doing static bb holds. Shrugs @ 185x18, 225x12, 275x8 +5 +4 (no gloves), and holds for as long as I could @ 315 (x3) & 225(x2). Yup, I've got blisters now. LOL. Need to keep toughening these hands up. I needed the gloves @ 315 cuz I probably would have sliced a huge chunk off without them. Hands feel raw.

I've had 6 meals today and I'll have a Cup Cake Batter shake (w/ ff milk) before I go to bed, probably ~4k calories for the day. My appetite has definitely increased since starting. I already feel (physique) thicker, fuller, and pumps are longer lasting. I'll post more details on my diet in the coming days, as it's been fairly consistent. I feel good and confident about ramping up the calories a little right now. Just cooked 4 racks of monster chicken breasts. I should be well fed for the next week. :food: :thumbsup:

****, I still need to get some pics up. I'll have to ask the gf to give me a hand. B1 Workout is tomorrow. I hope my knee feels well enough to squat.

I need to put this chicken away and get to sleep. My sleep has been solid and usually on the higher end of ~7-9 hours per night. I'll be back at it again tomorrow.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oh, one more thing. Libido: Check. And mate. My gf and I have been getting in lots and lots of "cardio" lately. It's been quite fun. :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, one more thing. Libido: Check. And mate. My gf and I have been getting in lots and lots of "cardio" lately. It's been quite fun. :D
If you hold a neck bridge throughout, you can turn it into a mean trap workout as well :stick:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen dudes use that towel method before. I've never tried it, but it looks cool.