Sensoril product review

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have never dabbled with adaptogens before other than Gingko and I loved it, so I bought a bottle of Sensoril®. Started three days ago at 2 caps a day, one in the morning and one in the evening and have noticed that I don't worry about things as much and have felt less of the "stressball" that I get in my back. I still bite my fingernails and bounce my leg pretty uncontrollably, but things at work bother me less. Another positive is libido is up with the product, definitely not placebo, perhaps it was good timing as I like to be skeptical but my libido has improved a bit. I hope to give more feedback to help anyone else make their decision about the product.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

I have never dabbled with adaptogens before other than Gingko and I loved it, so I bought a bottle of Sensoril®. Started three days ago at 2 caps a day, one in the morning and one in the evening and have noticed that I don't worry about things as much and have felt less of the "stressball" that I get in my back. I still bite my fingernails and bounce my leg pretty uncontrollably, but things at work bother me less. Another positive is libido is up with the product, definitely not placebo, perhaps it was good timing as I like to be skeptical but my libido has improved a bit. I hope to give more feedback to help anyone else make their decision about the product.
Ashwagandha is a cool compound. It has a lot of solid benefits. Amongst others, it is one of the best cortisol(stress)-modulating herbs around. Sensoril® Ashwagandha is currently the best execution of the nutrient. I like to stack it with Relora®, Rhodiola Rosea (3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Phosphatidylserine.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha is a cool compound. It has a lot of solid benefits. Amongst others, it is one of the best cortisol(stress)-modulating herbs around. Sensoril® Ashwagandha is currently the best execution of the nutrient. I like to stack it with Relora®, Rhodiola Rosea (3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Phosphatidylserine.
Couldn't find the full study, as I believe you have to purchase it but would love to read more on it.

In a Newly Published Study, Sensoril® Found to Significantly Reduce Stress Parameters and Cardiovascular Risk in Humans

Withania Somnifera Extract Found to Reduce Fatigue, Irritability, Body Aches and Other Symptoms More Than 60 Percent

We are pleased to work with our partner Natreon, Inc., a company that is fully committed to providing high quality, proprietary ingredients that are supported by strong research and science. This trial further validates Sensoril’s substantiated structure/function claim status for an enhanced advantage in today’s demanding marketplace.

New Brunswick, NJ (PRWEB) April 16, 2008 -- The Withania somnifera extract (WSE) in Sensoril® significantly reduced stress-related parameters and cardiovascular risk, according to a human clinical study just published in the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association (JANA). Sensoril® is a GRAS-approved, patented ingredient for food and supplements containing restorative properties. Though WSE has been researched extensively, this particular study confirms the therapeutic benefits of standardized WSE in 98 human subjects using modern clinical trials.

Utilizing a randomized, double-blind placebo controlled human clinical trial - the “gold standard” in product efficacy validation - researchers investigated the impact of the WSE, also known as ashwanganhda, contained in Sensoril® on experiential and biochemical indicators of stress and anxiety, as well as cardiovascular risk, in chronically stressed adults. Participants in the study were identified as stressed by being assessed clinically and tested on a modified Hamilton anxiety (mHAM-A) scale. The scale rated common symptoms of anxiety, including irritability, sleeplessness and body aches among others. Participants in all WSE treatment groups experienced significantly improved well being, with their mHAM-A score decreasing by 39.5% by day 30 and 62.2% by day 60. In contrast, the placebo group showed no significant change in the objective and subjective measures of stress.

Stress hormones in the body were also measured and found to decrease substantially after two months. Serum cortisol decreased by -14.5%, as did other stress indicators. Interestingly, the antiaging, anti-stress hormone DHEAS was found to increase significantly (13.2%) among those taking Sensoril®.

“This is a pivotal trial in that it clearly demonstrates the multi-functional efficacy of this ingredient in the areas of stress reduction, energy enhancement, cognitive function and cardiovascular health,” said Lucien Hernandez, president, Natreon, Inc. “Sensoril® is fully backed by many years of careful scientific research that convincingly demonstrates its ability to help the body deal with stress.”

Not to be overlooked are the findings supporting WSE and its benefits to heart health. Significantly, the study showed that Sensoril® reduced levels of the C-Reactive Protein, which is a marker of systemic inflammation and a recognized indicator of cardiovascular risk. Cardiac risk ratios improved with higher dosages at Day 60 by decreasing significantly (P<0.05) compared to the placebo. Dosage played some role in the effects on these factors. While all participants taking WSE showed improvement, those taking higher doses showed even higher measures of stress reduction and cardiovascular benefits.

In response to the study, Suzanne McNeary, president, NutraGenesis LLC said, “We are pleased to work with our partner Natreon, Inc., a company that is fully committed to providing high quality, proprietary ingredients that are supported by strong research and science. This trial further validates Sensoril’s substantiated structure/function claim status for an enhanced advantage in today’s demanding marketplace.”

Sensoril® is a trademarked branded ingredient that is marketed in many nationally distributed supplement brands. The ingredient is also marketed under the trademarked name Essentra® in the food and beverage industry. Extracted from Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) roots and leaves, used for centuries because of their healthful properties, Sensoril® provides optimal concentrations of the desired active constituents found in the plant. The highly purified, rigorously standardized form of WSE used in Sensoril® results in superior efficacy.

Continuing its commitment to research and development, Natreon, Inc. is planning additional controlled clinical trials in North America to elucidate further the areas of therapeutic benefit with Sensoril®. Leading researchers will evaluate Senoril®’s effects on patients suffering from bipolar disorders, severe anxiety, and depression.

The full study is available at: American Nutraceutical Association

About Natreon, Inc.:
Founded in 1998, Natreon focuses on developing novel compounds extracted from the traditional botanicals of Ayurvedic medicine. With US headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ and state of the art research facilities in India, Natreon has created a broad portfolio of products and technologies, with compelling, intellectual property, that can serve unmet nutritional supplement, functional food, and pharmaceutical market needs. For more information on Natreon Inc., please visit Natreon.

For more information, or to arrange an interview with a company spokesperson, please contact Tamara York at ADinfinitum, 212-693-2150 Ext. 314, email [email protected] or Mary Hilton, 212-693-2150 Ext. 311, email [email protected].
Source

Can't find what dosage was used daily, but I would speculate two caps at 250mg/each. Jarrow recommends one cap, but others recommend two. Stress kills.