Segansational's Motivation Log

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See what you're missing? You know you like it!

I'm not a tall guy, so I've never had the poundage really. :( Most I've ever weighed was when I had bulked to 180, but it was pretty dirty. I just don't feel good carrying that much weight. And I'm currently trying to still drop a few % of BF.

Thanks man, yesterday was really all about feeling the contraction of the muscles.

What took you so long?! :p
I'm 5'7" so I know the deal!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Completely dragging this AM, but heading off to the gym to hit legs. Probably my least favorite workout. But as they say, friends don't let friends skip leg day. :cool:

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, here it is. Switched up my supps a bit this AM just because of leg day. Too much pump can be detrimental on leg days...

2 caps Ep1c Unleashed, 1 cap Norco, 1 g glucuronolactone, 1 g ALCAR, 1 scoop ENGN. Upped the caffeine today with rotating in a stimmed pre as I was dragging and effects of Norco stimulation is all but gone. Also added in glucuronolactone for potential added mental focus/anti fatigue, although the data is very light on this.

Intra-WO finished off a tub of Alpha Amino, 1.5 scoops which does have leucine nitrates, but I feel that it aids more with vascularity and endurance than pump.

Cardio, 20 mins bike
Squats x 135

Supersets
Leg extensions: 90
Leg curls: 70

Calf press using leg press machine x 230 (3 sets of 15)

Giant sets
Wall ball Squats x 4 x 20,20,20
Med ball slams x 4 x 10,10,10
Burpees x 12,6,12

As I'm working on prepping for a Spartan Sprint in November, I've added some body weight/functional exercises to my leg day. Focused primarily on Wall ball Squats as it was leg focus today. Other days I start with Burpees. Will post a pic later today.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Balanced leg workout, nice job. I absolutely hate training legs as well. She doesn't:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1441976119.366138.jpg

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work out brother demigod!!! I don't have the stamina to do that...

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good morning everyone. Start of a new week. Weighed in surprisingly at 157.5 lbs. Was sure it'd be more given the weekend I had. Went to a food truck festival and ate a croque monsieur hand pie, pulled pork grilled cheese, Korean tacos, and a chocolate chip oatmeal ice cream sandwich. #thisiswhyimfat. Seriously need to step up my game though this week...

Today's workout, shoulders/traps. My second least favorite workout. Pre, 2 caps Ep1c Unleashed, 1 cap Norco, 1 g glucuronolactone, 1 scoop 1MR Vortex, 1 g ALCAR, 5 g creatine. Felt a little off so skipped the HYDRO3 today. Intra, 2 scoops Amino IV. Post, added in Ep1c Unleashed TD at 1 pump. Looking to add in TD with caps again, as this was my favorite combo.

Cardio, treadmill
Rotator Cuff Ex x 2.5
Neutral Grip Seated Shoulder Press Machine x 87.5

Supersets
DB front raises x 10
DB laterals x 10

Rear delt fly machine x 30
Upright Rows x 55

DB shrugs x 75
Behind the back BB shrugs x 10, 15, 20 #

Weighted ab machine Crunches x 75
Hanging knee raises

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, alarm didn't go off this morning. Overslept by almost an hour and a half. But still got into the gym for a cardio session, a little over 2 miles on the treadmill plus ab work. Ep1c Unleashed plus HYDRO3 had my endurance going. Anyways, tomorrow I'm back at it again to make up for lost time. Will check back in soon.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday's workout.

Supersets
Bent over BB rows x 135
Seated close grip cable rows x 140

Pull ups (partial reps) 13,10,7 reps
Close grip lat pull downs x 100

Single arm machine row x 30,50,40# - was trying to find the right range
Lower back ext x 3 sets of 12 reps

Ab machine Crunches x 75
Cardio, treadmill HIIT

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3rd day in a row this AM. Going to be gone camping this weekend. Same pre-WO cocktail as on 9/14 but with 2 caps HYDRO3 added. 1 pump Ep1c U TD post shower.

Starting to lean out nicely. Will probably look to post comparison pics once through Norcodrene.

Cardio, treadmill
Supersets
Bench Press x 145
Incline DB Flys x 20,25,25#

DB Press x 40,45,50#
Cable Crossovers x 3 plate

Neutral grip chest press machine x 100
Low cable Crossovers x 1 plate

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1442661377.216967.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Rock is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time!

Weighed in this AM at 155.5 lbs, so down 4 lbs since the start, about a week shy of one month. Did not make it to the gym this morning as I've definitely come down with something. Hoping to power through this week on vitamin C and get back in tomorrow.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
The Rock is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time!

Weighed in this AM at 155.5 lbs, so down 4 lbs since the start, about a week shy of one month. Did not make it to the gym this morning as I've definitely come down with something. Hoping to power through this week on vitamin C and get back in tomorrow.
I hate getting ill and missing the gym, I try to go even if I feel like crap. Then again that can backfire lol.

Also the rock is just straight beast. Genuinely nice guy too.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Rock has been a hero of mine for a long time. I agree with him being "genuine"! Follow him on FB for motivation.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1442915613.275164.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hate getting ill and missing the gym, I try to go even if I feel like crap. Then again that can backfire lol.

Yeah, usually I try to power through, but I can't afford to really get sick right now.

Anyways back at it today. Opted to try upping Norcodrene to 3 caps per day, so did 2 pre-WO this AM and last cap will be in the afternoon. 1 scoop HVOL for a nonstim pre, plus 5 g creatine, 2 caps EU, 1 g glucuronolactone. Intra 2 scoops Amino IV.

Cardio treadmill
Supersets
EZ Bar Curls x +60#
Machine Curls x 37.5

DB Hammer Curls x 30
Incline DB Curls x 10

V bar Triceps Pressdowns x 140
Rope Pressdowns x 60

Dips x 18, 12, 14 reps
Triceps ext x 50#

Reverse grip EZ Bar Curls x +20, +25, +25#
Hanging knee raises x 3x10 reps

Had great vascularity this morning. HVOL is one of my favorite pump pre's. I think the inclusion of nitrosigine is very beneficial for this aspect. Not used in a ton of formulas though. Two caps Norco this morning also sat well with me. No jitters, just clean focus. I was worried it'd be too high, but again I adapted to it very early on.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick update. Low motivation today.

Cardio, bike 20 mins
Smith Squats x 135
Supersets
Seated leg extensions x 90
Seated leg Curls x 70

Calf leg press x 230 x 12
Single leg presses x 110,90,90#

Abs
Ab machine Crunches x 75
DB side bends x 10

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes you have low motivation man... My diet has been slacking a little recently but that's cause I'm stressed out from work and my baby being due.

Gym is always consistent though, well generally. Sometimes a struggle. Keep at it man.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sometimes you have low motivation man... My diet has been slacking a little recently but that's cause I'm stressed out from work and my baby being due.

Gym is always consistent though, well generally. Sometimes a struggle. Keep at it man.
Yeah, general life situations can really take a toll on motivation sometimes, even though unrelated. Currently have my nose to the grindstone at work right now.

But ran an impromptu 5k this weekend with a 9:06 pace, and am sub 15% BF for the first time ever.

And congrats on the little one man! When's he/she due?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, general life situations can really take a toll on motivation sometimes, even though unrelated. Currently have my nose to the grindstone at work right now.

But ran an impromptu 5k this weekend with a 9:06 pace, and am sub 15% BF for the first time ever.

And congrats on the little one man! When's he/she due?
Hey man that's awesome!

Nice when you make/hit little milestones.

Thanks my man she's due tomorrow (30th sept).

Exciting times :)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quick update. Low motivation today.

Cardio, bike 20 mins
Smith Squats x 135
Supersets
Seated leg extensions x 90
Seated leg Curls x 70

Calf leg press x 230 x 12
Single leg presses x 110,90,90#

Abs
Ab machine Crunches x 75
DB side bends x 10
Man I hope you get that motivation soon, I dont want to pass ya now lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443610475.997127.jpg

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get your butt to the gym!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443964982.621368.jpg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope your weekends been good man

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every little workout helps my man!
For sure.

Hotel workout was full body since all they had was one of those cable tower all-in-one machines. No DBs even!

Back in the gym today.

Travel week did no good for my weight. Up a lb and a half due to poor eating. But finished up Norcodrene. Planning on running a DCY stack to keep with the yohimbine theme. Working up/assessing tolerance. This AM 200 mg C, 2.5 mg Y. Pre-WO 1 scoop HVOL, 1 g ALCAR. 2 scoops Amino IV intra.

Cardio treadmill
Supersets
Pull ups x 11,10,9 reps
Close Grip Seated Cable Rows x 140#

Lat pull downs x 120#
Machine neutral grip rows x 70,75,75#

T bar rows: +45 plate

Ab machine Crunches x 75
Swiss ball Crunches

Lower back was bothering me a bit this morning, so focused primarily on squeezing the lats.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Working my way up and assessing tolerance, but so far today my DCY stack was this:

1st dose:
20 mg 1,3
200 mg caffeine
2.5 mg yohimbine

2nd dose:
2.5 mg Y

3rd dose:
2.5 mg Y

The combination helped wake me out of my haze this morning, pre-WO. I remember why I love 1,3 so much. Cleared my sinuses and gave that feel good feeling. Only downside was I got really hungry after my second dose.

Chest workout at home:

Supersets
BP
Flat Bench DB Press

DB Incline press
DB Incline Flys

Neutral grip push ups
DB pullovers

Abs
Swiss ball crunches
Russian medicine ball twists

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Where did u get the 1,3?
Stashed for a rainy day from a while back. Primaforce brand.

This morning upped my first AM dose to 20 mg D, 200 mg C, 5 mg Y. Then had an espresso on top of it, am currently buzzing. But in a good way. Probably will look to swap my caffeine dose on days I drink coffee though.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick update. Counting yesterday as my first real day of DCY stack. Today and from here on out will be running as follows, per day:

20 mg D, 200 mg C, 5 mg Y
20 mg D, 200 mg C, 5 mg Y
0 mg D, 200 mg C, 5 mg Y

Past two workouts strength has suffered though, probably due to dropping weight. Also came off every day dosing with Ep1c Unleashed caps, so now only running TD post-WO. Will keep an eye on this.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy Friday! Feeling good this morning. Shoulder workout today. Cardio felt easy, did some steady state treadmill running. Focused on hitting some weak points in shoulder training, so did some single exercises vs all supersetting.

Rotator Cuff Ex x 2.5
DB Shoulder Press x 40
Reverse Delt Fly Machine x 30

Supersets
Front DB Raises x 10
Side DB Laterals x 10

Bent Over Reverse Cable Flys x 1 plate
BB Shrugs x 135

Decline Crunches x 15,14,12 reps

A few things I noticed today, my right shoulder/trap is very tight. I think my shoulder is rolled forward a bit, perhaps from my front Delt being stronger than my rear Delt. Also, my left shoulder joint is definitely looser, which I noticed most when doing the bent over cables. Not sure on how to strengthen that, but if anyone has ideas for either, let me know.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Down 2 lbs as of this AM.

Early AM meetings, so only had a chance to get in some weight workouts. Felt a bit under the weather this weekend, but feeling a bit more myself today. Hoping I don't crash...

Chest workout, supersets
Bench Press x 145
Incline DB Press x 40,45,45#

Flat Bench DB Press x 45
Flat Bench DB Flys x 25,20,20#

Cable Crossovers x 2 plates
Low cable Crossovers x 2 plates, 1 plate, 1 plate

Ab machine Crunches x 75

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something new to note, when my alarm goes off in the AM I am completely wide awake lately. No grogginess. Interestingly, has not seemed to affect my sleep patterns negatively, as I track with my fitbit. Granted this is only acting as an actigraph, so not measuring sleep stages.

Today's workout popped my usual DCY dose plus 1 g glucuronolactone, 1.5 scoops HVOL and 1 g ALCAR.

Cardio treadmill run
Supersets
BB Rows x 135
Wide grip pull ups

Close grip seated cable rows x 140
T bar rows x 45,55,55#

Single arm cable rows x 3 plates
Lower back ext

Abs: Weighted Swiss ball Crunches x 10

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats great news! I track my sleeping patterns with my Charge HR and i dont rest for crap!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats great news! I track my sleeping patterns with my Charge HR and i dont rest for crap!
You should add a weight lifting session to your day. That would help improve your sleep! Lol.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445514820.787313.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Woke up today at 154.5 lbs, down another 0.5 lbs. Let myself go a bit over the weekend with pizza and ice cream. So still happy the scale moved.

Had a good leg session on Friday. Today's arms. Pushed a bit on cardio as I'm a month out from the Spartan Sprint.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woke up today at 154.5 lbs, down another 0.5 lbs. Let myself go a bit over the weekend with pizza and ice cream. So still happy the scale moved.

Had a good leg session on Friday. Today's arms. Pushed a bit on cardio as I'm a month out from the Spartan Sprint.
Stay after it man!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445945143.535750.jpg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother, definitely going for it! How's your training coming along?
Been laying low after a heavy Rot. Cuff Strain but things are betting back. Just taking it easy is all. Front squatting like a boss to pass the time lol

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been laying low after a heavy Rot. Cuff Strain but things are betting back. Just taking it easy is all. Front squatting like a boss to pass the time lol
Bummer man, rotator cuff injury is nothing to mess around with. Shoulders are a weak point of mine in general, hate training them too. Which is what today's workout was.

Definitely one of those dark, rainy mornings where I hit that snooze button. But as long as you show up that's half the battle, right?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bummer man, rotator cuff injury is nothing to mess around with. Shoulders are a weak point of mine in general, hate training them too. Which is what today's workout was.

Definitely one of those dark, rainy mornings where I hit that snooze button. But as long as you show up that's half the battle, right?
Not kidding there, but Im going to run a training log soon. Still looking forward to a Comp in Dec.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween weekend! I apparently indulged a bit too much.

The bad: Up 1 lbs since last week. The good: Only up 1 lbs since last week. Ha! But seriously, last week was filled with poor, delicious decisions. That said, while my weight was up I felt I visually looked pretty lean, not in my mid section, but arms/forearms were looking rather vascular during my chest workout.

Here's to getting back on track this week.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween weekend! I apparently indulged a bit too much.

The bad: Up 1 lbs since last week. The good: Only up 1 lbs since last week. Ha! But seriously, last week was filled with poor, delicious decisions. That said, while my weight was up I felt I visually looked pretty lean, not in my mid section, but arms/forearms were looking rather vascular during my chest workout.

Here's to getting back on track this week.
That a boy!!! You deserve to binge once in awhile, makes things fun

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That a boy!!! You deserve to binge once in awhile, makes things fun
Haha, I probably do it a little too often!

Woke up today at 155 lbs, down 0.5 lbs. Good considering I was not consistent with diet, exercise or supplementation this week. This is my last week on my DCY stack, probably will make it to about half way this week and then will post some final stats.

But... Picked up some Conqu3r Unleashed finally! This formula has been in the works for quite some time now, so it's great to have it see the light commercially. People have been asking what to expect: Clean energy. Noticeable, clear headed and bright. Not like DMAA, and certainly not like amp citrate, which I do not enjoy.