Segansational's Motivation Log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Side note, I think I'd feel weird pulling in socks in a commercial gym. Guess that's another benefit of working out at home!
I get that. I feel weird just switching shoes at the platform sometimes for squats having my sweaty socks exposed to God and the rest of the world.

So, I actually lost a pound over the last week. Contemplated a short month mini cut, but sacking up and going to instead slightly increase cals to keep going for the next two months and then reevaluate.
I know that feel 😅😅

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that's great you can stay focused through the small distractions during a workout. Almost anything throws me off.

Got the care package and will update my log soon.

For you all that dint know, Sega took it upon himself and sent me a handful of pwo samples and a tub of juice daddy. Just looking out for another AM brother.

My man, it will never go forgotten. Thanks again brother
This is what AM is all about

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that's great you can stay focused through the small distractions during a workout. Almost anything throws me off.

Got the care package and will update my log soon.

For you all that dint know, Sega took it upon himself and sent me a handful of pwo samples and a tub of juice daddy. Just looking out for another AM brother.

My man, it will never go forgotten. Thanks again brother
Glad to help out!
This is what AM is all about
Brothers in iron!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, woke up early this AM to try and was looking forward to getting a big deadlift session in, but my son woke up same time as me and stayed awake for the next 45 mins - 1 hr. That always throws things out of whack. He was trying to go back to bed, but just couldn't seem to. Also, my pre is finally solid enough that it's really not going into solution. So maybe got half in pre/during my warm ups. Might have to finally toss it though.

So I got in what I could...

Deadlifts

Bird dogs x10,5,3

Deads:
Warm ups, unbelted, overhand grip:
95x10
135x10 - was supposed to pull 8, forgot and ended up pulling for 10.
185x6 - felt solid
205x3 - felt a little heavy

PAUSE, son came downstairs with me.

Working sets, belted, mixed grip. Banded pullaparts 5# prior to each set. Pulled in socks:

215x5
235x3 - pre finally kicked in
255x1
285x1 - this was a slow struggle

Decided to go for it and pulled a single for 285#. Not great, but form didn't suffer much. Stopped here though vs trying to go heavier given this morning's set up was a little off. My guess is I wouldve had 295# in me if I attempted. But I'll call it a win since I wasn't even sure I'd get my full workout in today. Side note, I think I'd feel weird pulling in socks in a commercial gym. Guess that's another benefit of working out at home!

49:23, 179 cals.

Planned rest day tomorrow.

Pre: 3/4 Defiant Unleashed, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2
Intra: Tossed my creatine and MOAB into the remainder of my pre with a little extra water.

Weight check-in yesterday: 172.8#

So, I actually lost a pound over the last week. Contemplated a short month mini cut, but sacking up and going to instead slightly increase cals to keep going for the next two months and then reevaluate.
Nice work on the pulls even with your son waking up!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Segansational good looking out Man! @BOSSMAN Nice, I loved Juice Daddy when I had some of it. Great stuff!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench Day

Foam rolling/stretching.
Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Chest stretches
Rotator Cuff Ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

Bench Press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8
155x6
185x3 - felt like I had one in the tank still, but paused here to move up.

Slingshot assist:
205x1 - lift off wasn't smooth, but the rep was good off the chest. Purposely stopped at 1 rep to attempt the PR.
215x1 - PR

Still struggling with the heavier lift off, but I was determined going into this WO to hit 215# and got it.

Guess 220-225# is next?? I'll probably sit with 185# for a bit now unassisted and keep pushing until I get reps for volume first though (5+), which doesn't seem too far off tbh. Back off on slingshot for a bit for now.

Unassisted reps:
155x10
165x6

Bar push ups, 2 sets of 10 for a quick pump/squeeze.

Stretching/foam rolling.

46:30, 207 cals.

Just a feel good WO session. Weights moved easily. Just ordered more Pepti-Plex, 2 bottle pack from flexit. Some Buck Bars on sale. Lift life is good!

Pre: 3/4 scoop Defiant Unleashed, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop MOAB, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bench Day

Foam rolling/stretching.
Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Chest stretches

Bench Press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8
155x6
185x3 - felt like I had one in the tank still, but paused here to move up.

Slingshot assist:
205x1 - lift off wasn't smooth, but the rep was good off the chest. Purposely stopped at 1 rep to attempt the PR.
215x1 - PR

Still struggling with the heavier lift off, but I was determined going into this WO to hit 215# and got it.

Guess 220-225# is next?? I'll probably sit with 185# for a bit now unassisted and keep pushing until I get reps for volume first though (5+), which doesn't seem too far off tbh. Back off on slingshot for a bit for now.

Unassisted reps:
155x10
165x6

Bar push ups, 2 sets of 10 for a quick pump/squeeze.

Stretching/foam rolling.

46:30, 207 cals.

Just a feel good WO session. Weights moved easily. Just ordered more Pepti-Plex, 2 bottle pack from flexit. Some Buck Bars on sale. Lift life is good!

Pre: 3/4 scoop Defiant Unleashed, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop MOAB, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb.
Hell yeah I’m excited on how well your bench is moving along! I also struggle with the bench at the gym with the fixed pins un racking is awkward because it’s to low. I moved to the rack last time for bench and got the adjustment set, was so much smoother.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yeah I’m excited on how well your bench is moving along! I also struggle with the bench at the gym with the fixed pins un racking is awkward because it’s to low. I moved to the rack last time for bench and got the adjustment set, was so much smoother.
Yeah, honestly, not to jinx it but things are just clicking with training right now. I think it's a combo of the right weight progression, intra-WO nutrition being on point, and knowing my body well now - when it needs the rest. Also why I don't want to throw in too many extra variables or change things up right now. Keep this train rolling!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, honestly, not to jinx it but things are just clicking with training right now. I think it's a combo of the right weight progression, intra-WO nutrition being on point, and knowing my body well now - when it needs the rest. Also why I don't want to throw in too many extra variables or change things up right now. Keep this train rolling!
I agree keep striking while the iron is hot!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice bench PR! Looks like it was a successful venture and you got the YouTube photobomb
Thanks man. Yeah, Arnold was a great time. Bit of a let down ever since I've been back... Olympia is only 214 days away though, LOL.

Bit of an off sleep schedule with the kids lately. So a late afternoon pump session, just making do with what I could.

Back

Neutral grip pull ups, 3 sets
TRX rows, 3 sets of 10

Lat pulldowns:
Warm up, 3 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 10
10 plates x 7

Close Grip cable rows:
8 plates, 3 sets of 10

42:53, 159 cals

Pre: 1 packet JF Nitrosurge
Intra: 1 can of Vooz

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs

Stretching/foam rolling
Bird Dogs x 10,5,3

Seated leg ext
3 plates, 3x10

EZ bar SLDLs
+50x3x10

BB Squats:
Warm up, 135x10
185x3x8

Kept it lower weight, higher reps this AM. Everything a little off due to the time change.

33:50, 99 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Ryse Sunny-D

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New week.
Shoulders/Arms

DB laterals x DB front raises
10x3x10

EZ bar upright rows x resistance band facepulls
+50x3x10 / 20x3x10

BB shrugs to the front
135x3x10

Incline DB curls x Dips
10x3x10 / 3 sets of 10

TRX biceps x TRX triceps
3x12

Stretching/foam rolling.

Right elbow was bugging me this AM and hampered my arm workout. Ended up putting on my right elbow sleeve for a little extra joint support, but just kept it all light today. Wasn't really feeling this WO.

54:28, 169 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop MOAB, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb

Also, course corrected weight and am back to slow gaining. Morning weigh in:

174.0#
16.4% BF

BF is getting a little high for my liking so may add in more GDA focus or supp to specifically target that while still maintaining slightly increased cals.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
New week.
Shoulders/Arms

DB laterals x DB front raises
10x3x10

EZ bar upright rows x resistance band facepulls
+50x3x10 / 20x3x10

BB shrugs to the front
135x3x10

Incline DB curls x Dips
10x3x10 / 3 sets of 10

TRX biceps x TRX triceps
3x12

Stretching/foam rolling.

Right elbow was bugging me this AM and hampered my arm workout. Ended up putting on my right elbow sleeve for a little extra joint support, but just kept it all light today. Wasn't really feeling this WO.

54:28, 169 cals.

Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop MOAB, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb

Also, course corrected weight and am back to slow gaining. Morning weigh in:

174.0#
16.4% BF

BF is getting a little high for my liking so may add in more GDA focus or supp to specifically target that while still maintaining slightly increased cals.
Still got the work in! I feel you on the not feeling it today.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Accessory Chest

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Floor Press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8
165x6
155x6
155x6
Dropped back to 155# as 165 felt a hair too hard for reps. The difference of 10# here was significant.

Incline BP:
Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
155x6
155x6
155x6

Machine flys:
3 plates, 3x10

Poverty weights compared to @Dustin07 racking the stack

47:28, 132 cals. This I know is under because a few times I had to hit resume on my fitbit. Slow start, felt groggy waking up, but ended up having a relatively decent session. 1/2 scoop of Fade Out has seemingly been too much in the evening, as I forgot that KSM-66 also may enhance sleep - although I've been using in the AM for test boost/dealing with stress mainly.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: Usual cocktail

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Couple of random supp / gym related things:

Ended up purchasing more Pepti-plex but tried to save a few bucks by ordering from Flexit. So far have been unimpressed with shipping time. Should've stuck with my tried and true vendors, lesson learned. Worked on padding some of my gym equipment over the weekend finally. I'll post up some photos soon, but the foam I bought is much more squishy than I had anticipated. So I'm guessing it won't last. And it's now official, Defiant Unleashed is too gummed up. I couldn't even blend it in my ninja. I threw it in the freezer last night to give it one more shot, but if this doesn't fix it, then it goes in the trash. I really hate wasting pre-WO  Ripped my callus on my right ring finger yesterday and was wondering how it'd impact my lifting this AM. Mixed grip squeezed it worse than overhand.

Deadlifts
Foam rolling/stretching.
Curl ups x10,5,3

Deads in socks:
Warm ups, unbelted, overhand grip,
95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3

Banded pullaparts 5# prior to each set, mixed grip:

215x3
235x3
255x1 - bad pull
265x1 - redemption pull, this was much smoother/faster
285x1 - slow but steady rhythm on this pull
295x0/1 - Missed the first attempt, but reset and went for it again. This ties my all time PR for deads.
305x0

Pushed myself a little harder today with a little competition thanks to @akboom87.  I'm coming for that PR!!

Really gave myself time in between each of these lifts to recover. Wanted to push the weights, so working sets were only 3s and singles this AM. Felt a little winded and tight though.

1 hr 15 mins, 266 cals.

Intra: Same as previous.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Couple of random supp / gym related things:

Ended up purchasing more Pepti-plex but tried to save a few bucks by ordering from Flexit. So far have been unimpressed with shipping time. Should've stuck with my tried and true vendors, lesson learned. Worked on padding some of my gym equipment over the weekend finally. I'll post up some photos soon, but the foam I bought is much more squishy than I had anticipated. So I'm guessing it won't last. And it's now official, Defiant Unleashed is too gummed up. I couldn't even blend it in my ninja. I threw it in the freezer last night to give it one more shot, but if this doesn't fix it, then it goes in the trash. I really hate wasting pre-WO  Ripped my callus on my right ring finger yesterday and was wondering how it'd impact my lifting this AM. Mixed grip squeezed it worse than overhand.

Deadlifts
Foam rolling/stretching.
Curl ups x10,5,3

Deads in socks:
Warm ups, unbelted, overhand grip,
95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3

Banded pullaparts 5# prior to each set, mixed grip:

215x3
235x3
255x1 - bad pull
265x1 - redemption pull, this was much smoother/faster
285x1 - slow but steady rhythm on this pull
295x0/1 - Missed the first attempt, but reset and went for it again. This ties my all time PR for deads.
305x0

Pushed myself a little harder today with a little competition thanks to @akboom87.  I'm coming for that PR!!

Really gave myself time in between each of these lifts to recover. Wanted to push the weights, so working sets were only 3s and singles this AM. Felt a little winded and tight though.

1 hr 15 mins, 266 cals.

Intra: Same as previous.
Yeah if the foam is soft and squishy I would bet its life will be shorter.

Nice pulls! 295 at your weight is a better PR then my weight so you got me beat!

You are within striking distance so I bet it’s not long before you will get it!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Time change wreaks havoc on circadian rhythm. Change my mind lol. Damn I hate it so much.

You got any lifting straps for when hands/fingers are hamburger?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Time change wreaks havoc on circadian rhythm. Change my mind lol. Damn I hate it so much.

You got any lifting straps for when hands/fingers are hamburger?
I do, but I tend not to use them anymore just so that I am increasing that grip strength when handling heavier weights.

Here are a few shots of the new gym padding I added. But TBD on whether it's a good solution or not.

20240310_155525.jpg

20240310_155553.jpg

20240310_160021.jpg

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks good. The hardest part I found was finding an adhesive strong enough to keep them on for the long haul.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I actually ended up going around a bunch with gorilla tape after glue just to get a few more miles out of it. Works pretty decent actually.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks good. The hardest part I found was finding an adhesive strong enough to keep them on for the long haul.
I actually ended up going around a bunch with gorilla tape after glue just to get a few more miles out of it. Works pretty decent actually.
Yeah, this was just a self adhesive pad, so I don't give it much stock on lasting hold.

Son came home with a non-stop cough yesterday from daycare, and then woke up hysterical last night because his throat was bothering him - even after motrin plus some chest rub. Was able to calm him down and get him back to sleep thankfully and he slept well the remainder of the night (until about 6:15 AM), but kind of expecting him to be home tomorrow. Almost skipped my WO this morning due to that plus my back feeling a little sore from pushing yesterday.

But here I am.

Bench

Foam rolling
Chest stretches
Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

Machine Chest Press
3 plates x 12
7 plates 3x10

Did some light work just for a bit of a chest pump and to facilitate blood flow, as I wasn't looking to set any records this AM.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Bench press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8

Working sets:
165x6
165x6
165x

No slingshot work today. Just focused on repping out unassisted. Was going to try and hit a few more at 185, but my son woke up so stopped here.

38:43, 117 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: Same as usual. Probably have one more half serving of MOAB left.

Some Bucked Up stuff just came in yesterday. Two boxes of bars and some Pixie Pump - basically pixie stix candy - but portable doses of nitrosigine and agmatine. Only grabbed it since they were clearing them out.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, this was just a self adhesive pad, so I don't give it much stock on lasting hold.

Son came home with a non-stop cough yesterday from daycare, and then woke up hysterical last night because his throat was bothering him - even after motrin plus some chest rub. Was able to calm him down and get him back to sleep thankfully and he slept well the remainder of the night (until about 6:15 AM), but kind of expecting him to be home tomorrow. Almost skipped my WO this morning due to that plus my back feeling a little sore from pushing yesterday.

But here I am.

Bench

Foam rolling
Chest stretches
Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

Machine Chest Press
3 plates x 12
7 plates 3x10

Did some light work just for a bit of a chest pump and to facilitate blood flow, as I wasn't looking to set any records this AM.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Bench press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8

Working sets:
165x6
165x6
165x

No slingshot work today. Just focused on repping out unassisted. Was going to try and hit a few more at 185, but my son woke up so stopped here.

38:43, 117 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: Same as usual. Probably have one more half serving of MOAB left.

Some Bucked Up stuff just came in yesterday. Two boxes of bars and some Pixie Pump - basically pixie stix candy - but portable doses of nitrosigine and agmatine. Only grabbed it since they were clearing them out.
Man it’s making the rounds, I was up all night coughing and itchy throat myself. I think it’s the weather and some allergies here we have been record highs and I’ve been in the field the last 3 weeks.

Nice pump work on the bench and keeping after it after a rough night! Hope the kiddo feels better!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good job focusing on what you can do! Hope little man feels better soon.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man it’s making the rounds, I was up all night coughing and itchy throat myself. I think it’s the weather and some allergies here we have been record highs and I’ve been in the field the last 3 weeks.

Nice pump work on the bench and keeping after it after a rough night! Hope the kiddo feels better!
Good job focusing on what you can do! Hope little man feels better soon.
Thanks fellas, he did well all day yesterday but spiked a fever last night. Thankfully my wife got up with him last night to give me a break.

Back in the gym for one more to finish out the week.

Back Hypertrophy
Foam rolling/stretching

Neutral Grip Pull Ups x 8,7,6

Lat pulldowns:
Warm up, 3 plates x 12
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 7

Close Grip Cable Rows:
8 plates, 3x10

These are definitely my favorite back exercise for really targeting my muscles.

TRX rows, 3x10

45:45, 105 cals.

Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop MOAB, 1/2 scoop Super Carb.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good work in here!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good work in here!
Thanks Kleen.

Just feeling off today mentally. This past week has been stressful at work and I've been falling into old habits of coping (alcohol and sweets). Yesterday I knew I shouldn't, but the sun was shining, so had a few beers. Tried to make up for it a bit by having some electrolytes + greens pre-bed. Slapping that bandaid on a crack in the foundation, LOL. But the extra hydration did help overnight.

Schedule is off again today and slept through this AM's WO. Hoping to get in a late afternoon session, but we'll see.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Kleen.

Just feeling off today mentally. This past week has been stressful at work and I've been falling into old habits of coping (alcohol and sweets). Yesterday I knew I shouldn't, but the sun was shining, so had a few beers. Tried to make up for it a bit by having some electrolytes + greens pre-bed. Slapping that bandaid on a crack in the foundation, LOL. But the extra hydration did help overnight.

Schedule is off again today and slept through this AM's WO. Hoping to get in a late afternoon session, but we'll see.
A few beers here and there isn’t the end of the world, you have been doing good I wouldn’t sweat it to much!
Keep up the good fight and don’t let the stressors of life/work win the battle!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A few beers here and there isn’t the end of the world, you have been doing good I wouldn’t sweat it to much!
Keep up the good fight and don’t let the stressors of life/work win the battle!
Trying not to let it affect me too much. Work is just work and I should be able to walk away when I close the laptop. Doesn't always happen though.

Squats:
Foam rolling/stretching.

BB squats, 5# resistance band pull aparts prior to each set:

95x10
135x8
185x6
215x3 - Easy

Working sets, belted:
235x5
285x3 - didn't have enough drive out of the hole.
315x half rep. Not counting this fully, as I didn't hit depth and bailed out essentially part way vs getting stuck in the hole - still pressed it back up. But this is was a pretty big disappointment.

Lots of foam rolling / stretching after.

39:09, 164 cals.

Pre: Bowl of multigrain cheerios in almond milk. 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces.
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Trying not to let it affect me too much. Work is just work and I should be able to walk away when I close the laptop. Doesn't always happen though.

Squats:
Foam rolling/stretching.

BB squats, 5# resistance band pull aparts prior to each set:

95x10
135x8
185x6
215x3 - Easy

Working sets, belted:
235x5
285x3 - didn't have enough drive out of the hole.
315x half rep. Not counting this fully, as I didn't hit depth and bailed out essentially part way vs getting stuck in the hole - still pressed it back up. But this is was a pretty big disappointment.

Lots of foam rolling / stretching after.

39:09, 164 cals.

Pre: Bowl of multigrain cheerios in almond milk. 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces.
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb.
I understand there is definitely times I drag it home with me as well. I do better about it now than I used to. It’s like all things takes time and just working to get better at it.

Props for getting a session in! Sounds like you are close to that 315 on the squat! I have some work to do on those now!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders/Arms

Bird Dogs x 10,5,3
DB laterals x DB front raises, 10x3x10
EZ bar upright rows x TRX facepulls,
+50x3x10 / 3x10
EZ bar curls x Dips,
+50x10,10
x12,12

Fitbit didn't record.

Pre: 1 scoop Ryse Sunny-D, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: Same as prior

Sh!t session. Looks like illness has finally taken over the household. Son probably has an ear infection, daughter has picked up whatever cold he has. Hopefully I can ward it off from catching anything myself.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, an ear infection really sucks, I am happy I haven't had one in many years.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Shoulders/Arms

Bird Dogs x 10,5,3
DB laterals x DB front raises, 10x3x10
EZ bar upright rows x TRX facepulls,
+50x3x10 / 3x10
EZ bar curls x Dips,
+50x10,10
x12,12

Fitbit didn't record.

Pre: 1 scoop Ryse Sunny-D, 2 caps KSM-66
Intra: Same as prior

Sh!t session. Looks like illness has finally taken over the household. Son probably has an ear infection, daughter has picked up whatever cold he has. Hopefully I can ward it off from catching anything myself.
Hope the kiddos get better soon! Ear infection is no fun.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it's weird how I remember those from childhood but I don't think I've ever had one as an adult, I do remember them being miserable though!
Yeah, I think it's much more common in kids.
Yeah, an ear infection really sucks, I am happy I haven't had one in many years.
I can't complain too much since this is the first cold he's had in a while.
Same, had loads as a boy and they were absolutely miserable.

Hope the kiddos get better fast!!! My son did after his little bout with the flu, thankfully.
Thanks, he's generally been in good spirits about it. It's mostly been at night when it bothers him.
Hope the kiddos get better soon! Ear infection is no fun.
Well, just got him some amoxicillin so that should start clearing things up!

Chest Hypertrophy Day

Bit of positive news, my Pepti-Plex came in yesterday. So started that back up finally.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3

Incline Bench Press:
Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
155x6
185x3

Slingshot assisted:
195x4

Unassisted reps:
155x5

Seated Machine Chest Press
7 plates x 3x10

Machine Flys
4 plates x 3x10

1 hr 7 mins, 205 cals

Pre: 3/4 scoop Defiant Unleashed, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66, 4 caps Pepti-Plex.

The freezing trick worked for my pre to blend it up, but it still reclumps quickly post-thaw. So it still doesn't go into solution 100%, but it's salvageable at least.

Intra: Same as yesterday

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya kids get ear infections a lot easier, it’s always tough dealing with that. Hope they feel better.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deadlifts

Warm ups, unbelted, overhand grip, resistance bands 5# before each set:
95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3

Working Sets, belted, mixed grip:
235x3
235x3
235x3

44:13, 132 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66, 4 caps Pepti-Plex

Wasn't sure I was even going to get this WO in today since both kids woke up at 5:10 AM and had to wait until they fell back asleep. But put in a good session and the pulling felt steady and solid today. Will likely do another 5/3/1 pull day at 215/235/255# for my next set of deads before increasing again.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deadlifts

Warm ups, unbelted, overhand grip, resistance bands 5# before each set:
95x10
135x8
185x6
205x3

Working Sets, belted, mixed grip:
235x3
235x3
235x3

44:13, 132 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 1 scoop Pump Daddy v2, 2 caps KSM-66, 4 caps Pepti-Plex

Wasn't sure I was even going to get this WO in today since both kids woke up at 5:10 AM and had to wait until they fell back asleep. But put in a good session and the pulling felt steady and solid today. Will likely do another 5/3/1 pull day at 215/235/255# for my next set of deads before increasing again.
Nice work on the deads!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Steadily getting it in. Well done!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Forced rest day yesterday.

Today's WO below.

Bench Day

Foam rolling/stretching.
Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Chest stretches

Bench Press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8
155x6
185x3 - slow reps
195x3 - tried this for fun today and was hoping for 1. Last one was a question mark, but got 3.

Slingshot assist:
215x0
205x2

Unassisted reps:
165x8 - solid 8 reps here to finish out.

Determined to make bench one of my best lifts. Will keep pushing until I plateau. Was listening to RP podcast about training vs working out, great episode btw. I'm definitely training when it comes to my bench/deads. I know a lot of you fellas here are truly training as well. Going for that no limits mindset!

Stretching/foam rolling.

49:45, 169 cals.

Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb. Probably have 1.5 creatine servings left before I switch over to SNS creatine HCL.

Been managing work stress pretty well given that it's been high volume (AM/PM) lately. Maybe KSM-66 helping here. Next week I'm going to be off my routine as I have to travel overnight to Manhattan. Going to try and keep as consistent as I can. Few notes: Right shoulder feels tight the past few days, and my right elbow a little sore. Wrists also taking a bit of a beating.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you are enjoying the process! It is definitely a journey. Working out is fine for maintaining general health and fitness, but if you wish to achieve specific goals you must train for them!

IMG_9291.JPG

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Forced rest day yesterday.

Today's WO below.

Bench Day

Foam rolling/stretching.
Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Chest stretches

Bench Press:
Warm up, 95x10
135x8
155x6
185x3 - slow reps
195x3 - tried this for fun today and was hoping for 1. Last one was a question mark, but got 3.

Slingshot assist:
215x0
205x2

Unassisted reps:
165x8 - solid 8 reps here to finish out.

Determined to make bench one of my best lifts. Will keep pushing until I plateau. Was listening to RP podcast about training vs working out, great episode btw. I'm definitely training when it comes to my bench/deads. I know a lot of you fellas here are truly training as well. Going for that no limits mindset!

Stretching/foam rolling.

49:45, 169 cals.

Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1/2 scoop Super Carb. Probably have 1.5 creatine servings left before I switch over to SNS creatine HCL.

Been managing work stress pretty well given that it's been high volume (AM/PM) lately. Maybe KSM-66 helping here. Next week I'm going to be off my routine as I have to travel overnight to Manhattan. Going to try and keep as consistent as I can. Few notes: Right shoulder feels tight the past few days, and my right elbow a little sore. Wrists also taking a bit of a beating.
Nice work on the bench! Making solid progress

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice work on the bench! Making solid progress
Always a great day when you are hoping for a single and bust it out for a triple!!
If I didn't know any better, with the progression I'm making lately I'd say I wasn't pushing hard enough. But I've been lifting for years, so I know it's not that. I really think I've just dialed in my training and intra-WO nutrition and that's been fueling things in the right direction.

Back Hypertrophy

Bird Dogs x 10,5,3

Neutral Grip Pull Ups x 7,6,5

Lat pulldowns:
8 plates x 10
9 plates x 10
10 plates x 7

Close Grip Cable Rows:
8 plates x 3 x 10

TRX rows 2x12

24:28, <100 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces, 2 caps KSM-66, 4 caps Pepti-Plex
Intra: Same as previous

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely making good progress and good training sessions. Awesome job to on management of work stress life balance, I feel like this plays a huge role as well.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely making good progress and good training sessions. Awesome job to on management of work stress life balance, I feel like this plays a huge role as well.
Thanks man - this week will be the real test...

Squats
Bird Dogs x 10,5,3

BB Squats:
Warm ups, 95x10
135x8
185x6

PAUSE

215x3
235x1

Working sets, 5# resistance band pull aparts between each set:

255x3
255x3
255x3

Definitely felt like I had more reps in the tank each set once I unracked. Left side felt a little out of alignment today, tried to alleviate with leg swings, but otherwise felt OK today.

45:59, 152 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop El Chapo, 2 caps KSM-66, 4 caps Pepti-Plex
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 scoop Hydra-Charge, 1/2 scoop Super Carb, 1/2 scoop Six Point Creatine, 1 scoop Creatine HCL

Weight: 174.0#
BF: 16.4%

Weight has held steady the past two weeks roughly (0+/-0.2#). Time to up the cals again!

Last edited: