Seeking Advice: Efficient Use of 1ml ampoules and Syringes for Testosterone Injections

Bon20

Awards
Hey guy
I have some questions regarding needles and syringes.

My testosterone comes in 1ml ampoules. Normally, I draw the amount I need into one syringe and store the remainder in another.

However, I feel there's a lot of wastage with this method. From 1ml, I lose about 0.400ml.

I'm considering finding another method to reduce this waste.

I've tried insulin syringes which usually come with attached needles. However, I'm not sure if insulin needles are long enough to reach my muscles due to their short length.

When using regular syringes and needles, I inject into the deltoid muscle and buttocks. But with insulin syringes, I've only tried the deltoid muscle and I'm uncertain if they effectively reach the muscle. That’s why I stopped using them.

Are there other methods or considerations I should be aware of?

I'm thinking of injecting into the Vastus Lateralis and Rectus Femoris. Would an insulin needle reach these muscles?

I haven’t tried injecting into these muscles yet, as I’m unsure about accurately hitting them.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't have to hit muscle with those insulin pins, you will still absorb the oil/hormone. I put 90% of my TRT shots, which are at least EOD, into my fat. I do think you get a little bit faster absorption with the IM but other than that I notice NO DIFFERENCE. Now if we are talking cycle doses then shallow sq is not going to be ideal, depending on your doses.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are losing just about half of the ampoule? How?
Yeah I hope .400 ml lost was a typo, because if you’re losing 40% of your Test there is more of a problem than the needles and syringes.
Otherwise, some already good suggestions….
Load all 1 ml in syringe and change needle for each use or use the insulin syringes and just do subq if it’s TRT.

Bon20

Awards
Thanks, guys. I'm not sure how to do multiple quotes. Here are the answers to the issues you mentioned.

With each syringe and needle, there's approximately 0.05 ml wasted. Since I inject myself three times a week, this results in a total waste of about 0.15 ml.

It's not always 0.40 ml that gets wasted. Sometimes, when I need to be extra precise, the total waste amounts to about 0.26 ml in a week.

This includes 0.05 ml that remains in the syringe and needle and can't be extracted, plus about 0.02 ml that I squeeze out to ensure there are no air bubbles before I inject myself.

I have a question about the hygiene of this process. If I draw everything up into one syringe, then inject myself, and if I aspirate and blood comes up, I then inject at another site where there is no blood vessel. Is it still hygienic to use the rest when there has been blood in the oil?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, guys. I'm not sure how to do multiple quotes. Here are the answers to the issues you mentioned.

With each syringe and needle, there's approximately 0.05 ml wasted. Since I inject myself three times a week, this results in a total waste of about 0.15 ml.

It's not always 0.40 ml that gets wasted. Sometimes, when I need to be extra precise, the total waste amounts to about 0.26 ml in a week.

This includes 0.05 ml that remains in the syringe and needle and can't be extracted, plus about 0.02 ml that I squeeze out to ensure there are no air bubbles before I inject myself.

I have a question about the hygiene of this process. If I draw everything up into one syringe, then inject myself, and if I aspirate and blood comes up, I then inject at another site where there is no blood vessel. Is it still hygienic to use the rest when there has been blood in the oil?
Are being prescribed these amps of obtaining them yourself? If yourself you can simply obtain MORE of them to offset any loss or simply start obtaining multi-use vials. If scripted ask for multi-vials.

If for some strange reason this is not viable, then pull the full amp worth into a single syringe and backload three insulin syringes. OR crack all your amps and transfer to a clean sterile multi-vial.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There's always going to be a little wastage left in the needle. Even drawing from a vial, after injecting there's about .04-.05ml left in the needle part. That's with a 1/2-inch needle. Could be more depending on the length of the needle. This will not make or break anything at all.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There's always going to be a little wastage left in the needle. Even drawing from a vial, after injecting there's about .04-.05ml left in the needle part. That's with a 1/2-inch needle. Could be more depending on the length of the needle. This will not make or break anything at all.
100%. Worrying about such things is "majoring in the minors." If getting blood work and levels are where one wants them then the loss really does not matter.

Bon20

Awards
Are being prescribed these amps of obtaining them yourself? If yourself you can simply obtain MORE of them to offset any loss or simply start obtaining multi-use vials. If scripted ask for multi-vials.

If for some strange reason this is not viable, then pull the full amp worth into a single syringe and backload three insulin syringes. OR crack all your amps and transfer to a clean sterile multi-vial.
It is UGL and self-administrate. This week, I followed the procedure many of you have described. I load everything into a 1ml syringe and use the same syringe, only changing the needle for each injection. This method seems effective, but I feel the need to be especially cautious to avoid injecting too much or too little.

The idea of using a clean, sterile multi-vial is appealing. I was initially uncertain about its safety. However, if it's recommended here, then I trust it's suitable.

Are the ones available on Amazon reliable, or should I seek a more reputable source for clean sterile multi-vials?

I previously used a brand that supplied 10ml vials, which was straightforward. My current brand is said to be superior and comes recommended by several members of my local Facebook group.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It is UGL and self-administrate. This week, I followed the procedure many of you have described. I load everything into a 1ml syringe and use the same syringe, only changing the needle for each injection. This method seems effective, but I feel the need to be especially cautious to avoid injecting too much or too little.

The idea of using a clean, sterile multi-vial is appealing. I was initially uncertain about its safety. However, if it's recommended here, then I trust it's suitable.

Are the ones available on Amazon reliable, or should I seek a more reputable source for clean sterile multi-vials?

I previously used a brand that supplied 10ml vials, which was straightforward. My current brand is said to be superior and comes recommended by several members of my local Facebook group.
I got one off amazon when I picked up some additional test while in Mexico. They were ampules that I transferred to a vial. You may want to consider getting a filtered needle when drawing from the ampule in case any small glass particles end up in the suspension. I did this just to be safe.

Again though, we are talking about 4-8mg of test that is being lost. Probably not even that much due to the carrier oil. What you're worrying about is miniscule.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

If the original brand was accurately dosed and a clean sterile product there is no such thing as "better." Now if said facebook group has some sort of testing showing more accurately dosed or lower heavy metals or some such thing with he amps vs vials then fine. Otherwise this sounds like marketing to get guys to spend more on amps.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as buying the vial off amazon, I personally would not.

1. I despise that company with every fiber of my being.
2. I don't want that in the purchase history for the rest of time.
3. I don't trust amazon to not hand such info over in the future.

Bon20

Awards
If the original brand was accurately dosed and a clean sterile product there is no such thing as "better." Now if said facebook group has some sort of testing showing more accurately dosed or lower heavy metals or some such thing with he amps vs vials then fine. Otherwise this sounds like marketing to get guys to spend more on amps.
For the brand I previously used, I've found third-party lab tests online indicating it's not potent enough. This suggests that their Test C labeled as 250mg might actually be closer to 200mg.

Regardless, I believe that switching to a different brand was the right move.

I share your concerns about Amazon; they may have already disclosed our information to interested parties.