Interaction between Zoloft and Fareston--seeking advice/help

johnnyjames12

Awards
Hi everybody, I have Fareston (Toremifene Cictrate) on hand for PCT and I thought I was ready to go, but after doing some research, I found out there are interactions between Zoloft and Fareston. It said there is a chance the two together could increase QT prolongation. Has anyone here taken an SSRI and PCT drug together--how do it go? I take a low dose of Zoloft (25mg, the lowest) so I think I should be fine still taking it but I was wondering if anyone else had insights/thoughts/experiences. Thanks.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi everybody, I have Fareston (Toremifene Cictrate) on hand for PCT and I thought I was ready to go, but after doing some research, I found out there are interactions between Zoloft and Fareston. It said there is a chance the two together could increase QT prolongation. Has anyone here taken an SSRI and PCT drug together--how do it go? I take a low dose of Zoloft (25mg, the lowest) so I think I should be fine still taking it but I was wondering if anyone else had insights/thoughts/experiences. Thanks.
Man i didnt take any of those but i would proceed with extreme care.

I was taking azythromycin for lung infection and forgot that i was drinking grapefruit juice up to the last day before i started the medication. For about 5 days i had like 30-50 skipped heart beats per day.

Grapefruit increases the half-life and the concentration of the drug as it slows down clearance. Azythromycin prolongs QTc interval...

Causes arrhytmia.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
clomid doesn't have an interaction with Zoloft if I remember correctly

johnnyjames12

Awards
Aren't clomid and Fareston different, or are they the same?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Aren't clomid and Fareston different, or are they the same?
They are different compounds, but they're both SERMs. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you have a pre-existing cardiac condition. I've never used Toremifene, but I'm guessing it's similar to Nolvadex (Tamoxifen), so you would use it the same way. If you're still concerned, I would get a less exotic SERM like Nolva or Clomid and use that instead. There are tons of suppliers of it listed in the research chems section.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never had an issue using clomid or Nolva and take a much higher Zoloft dose. I read that as well and opted for clomid my first pct, but have since used Nolva without issue.