EZBar Cable Curl/TRX Tri Ext

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey, guys. I'm a powerlifter again and I'm 3 months out.

Next 2 weeks I'll work from reverse band. In 3 weeks I'll do doubles in wraps. Deload, then work in wraps 3 more weeks. Deload, then run a standard peak. Competing May 2nd.

I plan on weighing 180 within the next 3 weeks and I'll maintain it throughout the cycle.

Lying Leg Curl
90x4x10

Squat w/ Reverse Reds
505x4x4

4" Deficit RDL vs Red Band
335x4x6

Squat Machine BSS
1pps x3x8

Reverse Sled Drag
635x8 w/ 30sec rest

DC Style Dogbone Tri Ext
100x15, 8, 5

The next month, I'll train 5x week.
Lower (Sq), pull, push, off, lower (DL), upper, off. Then I'll shift to a 4x upper/lower. I'll peak 3x/week.

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Machine Rear Delt
30x4x15

Incline DB
50x3x20

Bench
Comp Grip
175x4x2
175x11
Wide-Pause 1" off chest
165x3x8

Machine Fly
50x3x15

Laterals
15x4x12

Upper back was sore from the RDLs yesterday so I pushed today instead of back work. I'm going to follow 5th set progression for my bench. 6 weeks, deload, 5 week peak.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neutral Grip Pullups
1sec contraction, 3" eccentric
BWx3x8

Chest Supported Machine Row
Horizontal handle
110x4x8

Prone Incline Row
1" contraction
40x4x12

Prone Incline Shrug
40x2x20

Seated Incline DB Row
Slo-mo
20x4x12

Hammer Curl
Slo-mo
15x3x15

Update:
Just did core in the backyard. TRX fallout's and I'm determined to learn how to lever. So I did a bunch of leg raises and bent knee lever holds.

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 minutes of walking lunges

Front Squat
315x8
225x2x8

Sumo DL
*30min timer started w/ 495. Goal was to do as much volume I could*
495x25 singles, 15 hook, 10 mixed
+Straps
+48 chain x2x1
+36 chain x1
+34 chain x1, AMRAP x5

GHR
x4x8

Reverse Hypers
50x3x20

2 minutes of walking lunges

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wide Grip Pullups
BWx4x8

Flat DB Press
70x12, 10, 10, 8

Incline Close Grip Swiss
125x6
145x6
165x6
145x3x6

Chest Supported Row
130x12, 10, 8, 8

Standing DB OHP/Low Pulley Facepull
50x3x8/55x3x15

DB Curls/Swiss Bar Skulls

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did some fronts for the first time in forever yesterday. Wife had to do 3 rounds of 30 sec iso holds at the top of an unweighted reverse hyper hold yesterday. Bet she felt that!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did some fronts for the first time in forever yesterday. Wife had to do 3 rounds of 30 sec iso holds at the top of an unweighted reverse hyper hold yesterday. Bet she felt that!
Oooo I like how that sounds, I'll try that next week.

**** fronts. My wonky ass crooked clavicle gets in the way.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oooo I like how that sounds, I'll try that next week.

**** fronts. My wonky ass crooked clavicle gets in the way.
This plus the fact all the jerk and clean work I do can occasionally wreck them doesn't help my balance from side to side in the front rack...my clavicles were a mess this week. :sick:

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fronts and log both fuk up my right SC joint too since it sticks out and is much more prominent than my left. I always have a green/yellow bruise over it for 2-3 days. Fun times...the things we do for gainz.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fronts and log both fuk up my right SC joint too since it sticks out and is much more prominent than my left. I always have a green/yellow bruise over it for 2-3 days. Fun times...the things we do for gainz.
You lift weights to get big and strong, but you can’t do things because you’re either too big or too busy doing things like eating and resting to stay big, and you can’t ever lift anything because you’re always busted up and in a constant state of recovery for your next training session

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lunges
Cossacks

Single Leg Curl
30x8 back and forth non-stop about 4 times each

Squat
505x1 naked
+wraps
545x3
575x3 @ 8
-wraps + reverse band
525x2x3

4" Def RDL vs red band
355x3x6

Belt Squat
Up to 515x8 then dropsets as I stripped it

Butt Elevated Close Grip Cable Row
115x4x8

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Front squats can go kick rocks
Word. Lack of mobility in my wrists/forearms make front racking a turd to handle... but I'm too hard headed to front squat any other way lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Sean1332 is it sad that I have such poor hamstring mobility I don’t even need a deficit for full ROM RDLs?? This is from a guy with long arms too lol

Word. Lack of mobility in my wrists/forearms make front racking a turd to handle... but I'm too hard headed to front squat any other way lol
None of the heaviest frontsquats in history were done that way. Overrated ego-stroking from those who don’t even weightlift and have no specific need. Success leaves cues. If it’s good enough to hit 400kg+, it’s good enough for me.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rear Delt Machine
30x3x25

Incline DB Press
50x4x25

Bench
Pinky on ring
180x4x2
180x12
Index on ring
170x3x8

Cable Fly
40x3x15, 12, 10

Overhead DB Ext
70x3x12

Dogbone Tri Pushdown
100x3x8

Lateral Drop-set
20, 15, 10x15ea

Pain free. Good pause. Good leg drive. I'm not touching as low and I'm allowing scapular movement and it feels incredible. Zero AC joint irritation.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well that has to be a fuggin great feeling after all the issues youve fought with over the years with your bench.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yaaaa but keep in mind, I tend to do well for a while and then wreck it lmfao

But last meet, benching never felt good during prep so maybe I've got it this time.

I do know that the old cues I used to adhere to have probably hurt me, probably in part to practicing them wrong, but still.

Tuck tuck tuck! Touch low! Lock your scaps in! *AC joint screams*

Put my lats in my pocket and let my scaps move however they need to and it feels good. It's how I've been doing dumbells and flys the last good while.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This plus the fact all the jerk and clean work I do can occasionally wreck them doesn't help my balance from side to side in the front rack...my clavicles were a mess this week. :sick:
Why do shoulders have to be so complicated?!

Clean & jerks! What's your training like, man?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same. I can't do that cross armed ****. And I feel like a robot using the front squat harness.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good news. My gym got weight releasers. Obvious thing to do is to hit a 1000lb eccentric and 225 concentric squat next week.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why do shoulders have to be so complicated?!

Clean & jerks! What's your training like, man?
Day 1 Snatches + Squats
Day 2 Overhead (Shoulders/Tris/Chest)
Day 3 Cardio
Day 4 Cleans + Jerk/Snatch Accessory
Day 5 Deadlifts
+ Other accessory and conditioning each training day currently.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@Sean1332 is it sad that I have such poor hamstring mobility I don’t even need a deficit for full ROM RDLs?? This is from a guy with long arms too lol
None of the heaviest frontsquats in history were done that way. Overrated ego-stroking from those who don’t even weightlift and have no specific need. Success leaves cues. If it’s good enough to hit 400kg+, it’s good enough for me.
Should've stated cross arm is even worse, more-so than front rack when it comes to choking and clavicle bruising. If my man Lu can front rack/squat nearly 500 then it's good for me too lol he's Asian.. I'm part Filipino, so i *should* be able to do it too.. right? hahah
Same. I can't do that cross armed ****. And I feel like a robot using the front squat harness.
Only thing I haven't really tried is the straps around the bar then holding, the strap. Although front rack is uncomfortable it gets better as my sets progress.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should've stated cross arm is even worse, more-so than front rack when it comes to choking and clavicle bruising. If my man Lu can front rack/squat nearly 500 then it's good for me too lol he's Asian.. I'm part Filipino, so i *should* be able to do it too.. right? hahah
Only thing I haven't really tried is the straps around the bar then holding, the strap. Although front rack is uncomfortable it gets better as my sets progress.
I was just going to suggest that. That’s what Chad always did. It’s not as forgiving if you lose torso position as crossed arms but it completely fixes rack mobility limitations.

Or you guys could just try harder...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was just going to suggest that. That’s what Chad always did. It’s not as forgiving if you lose torso position as crossed arms but it completely fixes rack mobility limitations.

Or you guys could just try harder...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper back

NG Pullups
BWx3x9

Chest Supported Machine Row
120x4x8

Prone Incline DB Row
40x8x8

Machine Preacher Curls
4x10

Slow Eccentric Hammer Curls
3x8+5 partials each set

I'm stuck at 186. Around 2100cal a day. I'm trying to increase NEAT by walking as much as I can. Don't really want to drop cals anymore. Oh and I bought some bronkaid

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bronkaid...**** is getting for serious now. I love that stuff.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2x

Last edited:

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
How do yall normally dose the bronkaid?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do yall normally dose the bronkaid?
I go 10:1 caffeine:bronkaid/primatene every 6-8 hours when i had used it for cutting in the past. Most ppl will just do 200 caf with 25 bronkaid/primatene but the studies showed higher efficacy at a 10:1 I believe. Now I’ll just pop one with my pre-workout if i want a little extra boost, trying to get to that ratio but not being overly particular about it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go 10:1 caffeine:bronkaid/primatene every 6-8 hours when i had used it for cutting in the past. Most ppl will just do 200 caf with 25 bronkaid/primatene but the studies showed higher efficacy at a 10:1 I believe. Now I’ll just pop one with my pre-workout if i want a little extra boost, trying to get to that ratio but not being overly particular about it.
Same. Big coffee in the morning and then with my preworkout. I've done it 3x/day before but I couldn't hang very long with it. **** works.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
So 1 bronkaid tablet 3 times a day?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Prior to fasted cardio or meals taken with a GDA, 2-3x day:

Clen (extra potassium/tonic water & taurine) 20mcg
Yohimbine (fasted ideally) 2.5mg
Caffeine 100mg
EGCG 50mg
Synephrine 30mg

I can’t remember the Choline dosage but it has a lot of synergy in this stack. Just omit Clen if you care about your heart, or passing a PED test, but this works.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prior to fasted cardio or meals taken with a GDA, 2-3x day:

Clen (extra potassium/tonic water & taurine) 20mcg
Yohimbine (fasted ideally) 2.5mg
Caffeine 100mg
EGCG 50mg
Synephrine 30mg

I can’t remember the Choline dosage but it has a lot of synergy in this stack. Just omit Clen if you care about your heart, or passing a PED test, but this works.
I researched clen some. I'm curious but hesitant. I'll look into the other mentions. I've had bad experience with yohimbine but it was from products with too high of a dose anyways.

Also, I may not be stuck at 186 anymore. Just took a 2.4lb BM. Yes I weighed myself before/after lol My fiber might have been too high the past few days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I researched clen some. I'm curious but hesitant. I'll look into the other mentions. I've had bad experience with yohimbine but it was from products with too high of a dose anyways.

Also, I may not be stuck at 186 anymore. Just took a 2.4lb BM. Yes I weighed myself before/after lol My fiber might have been too high the past few days.
I forgot to mention Ashwaghanda. It won’t directly promote any fat-loss, but taking it with these stim pulses absolutely smoothes them out and keeps you from feeling strung out. Plus stress is typically higher in an extended deficit anyway - keeping a cool head will help excessive cortisol.

ECGC from Jarrow is great. It has 40mg natural caffeine per serving, so coupling that with half of a 200mg Walmart caffeine tab, a cap each of SNS synephrine & Yohimbine, a tab of Primatene all 3x a day gets to be a lot of stim for most.

Choline I believe will take the same role as a baby aspirin in this stack btw.

Also, 7Keto DHEA is a natural non-suppressive way to increase lipolysis & help control cortisol in this time. Jarrow again makes a great affordable product here.

Using something for adrenal support like Rhodeola and astragalus after a bit on this stack isn’t an awful idea.

If you have any carb meals that aren’t periWO, a GDA like 2 caps of Blue Sugar with them is a good idea.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zercher Sq
275x3x8

DL-30min timer
525x20 singles

Barbell Step-ups
185x2x8ea

Single Leg KB RDL
8x8

525 moved well but my hands were a limiting factor. Deadlifting outside made cold hands go raw and my straps broke the first set I tried them. I'll take the grip work, though.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You hook grip too right? I thought my thumbs were desensitized but this past few weeks its gotten brutal again.

Between my clavicles and thumbs I am just falling apart. :censored:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You hook grip too right? I thought my thumbs were desensitized but this past few weeks its gotten brutal again.

Between my clavicles and thumbs I am just falling apart. :censored:
Yessir. My sumo DL is absolute garbage when I over/under. Last couple reps I had to o/u though and muscle through it.

And I feel you man. Why can't we just be invincible. When I come back to deadlifting and hook grip after some time off, it's almost easier it seems. They can wear n tear fast.