Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always wonder what numbers Casey could have put up if Crohn’s hadn’t got ahold of him. A very strong dude.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always wonder what numbers Casey could have put up if Crohn’s hadn’t got ahold of him. A very strong dude.
Incredibly. It's awesome he still trains hard and he's a wealth of knowledge.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My school canclled campus classes Hopefully things open back up before my next clinical rotation. My kids schools have also closed.

Fortunately, I have my backyard gym, Body Doc's gym, and the commercial gym I'm a member of said they're going to remain open. I thought it was cool of the commercial gym to stay open-they said they wanted people to remain fit to protect their immune system (and to protect their revenue I'm sure lol)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The private gym we train at is staying open & the volume of people coming in will be low likely during the shutdown period likely coming, so I am happy about that. If that closes I have a 185lb Cerberus sandbag here at home to clean, carry, & press, and dbs from like 15-40lbs plus some bands, so I should be able to get some work in. And if the old lady who has our stones will let me in her garage, I’ll have all the atlas stones I can handle lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mid-shin Rack Pull
545x1 @8
495x4 @9
455x2x4

Paused 3-board
255x1
235x3
Drop sets for 15, 12, 10 reps

Pendlay
10lb jumps x10 up to 185x10

Curls
Suitcase holds w/135
TRX crunch
Toes to bar

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talking out loud. Considering bailing on the meet. I'm not sure if it's worth the space it occupies in my mind. My kids are out of school for a month. I have the means to train for it but not sure if it's worth the hassle logistically. It'd be easier to just bro it out with some Meadows.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean if it’s the difference between enjoying the month with your kids or being stressed out over a meet then I would shelve it for now. Always going to be more meets. Or if having the kids at home means you will be more stressed and likely won’t do well I could see that being a consideration.

I was going to try to do something early July, but I am definitely not going to hop on a cycle until the Wuhan Flu has had a chance to run it’s course. Just going to be that half-natty life for now. I have gotten ongoing sinus bugs at the end of the last 2 comp preps from the stress of orals and peaking. Didn’t affect my strength any, but immune system definitely was compromised.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean if it’s the difference between enjoying the month with your kids or being stressed out over a meet then I would shelve it for now. Always going to be more meets. Or if having the kids at home means you will be more stressed and likely won’t do well I could see that being a consideration.

I was going to try to do something early July, but I am definitely not going to hop on a cycle until the Wuhan Flu has had a chance to run it’s course. Just going to be that half-natty life for now. I have gotten ongoing sinus bugs at the end of the last 2 comp preps from the stress of orals and peaking. Didn’t affect my strength any, but immune system definitely was compromised.
Yeah, I decided this morning to shelve it, for just those reasons. I can take them to the gym but it's just going to added stress.

Now the big question is: do I want to jump on a John Meadows program, or one of Josh Bryant's. I have his off-season and "tactical shield" program. Hmmmmm

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bryant tends to be a little lower volume and more fundamental training; Meadows is more true bodybuilding. I would assume Meadows will require more actual gym equipment.

I’d pick whichever one can be done primarily from home. If you can adept them both easily enough with bands and such, then whatever looks most fun!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Halfway through Bryant's first workout now. His off-season 8x8. Ran a few weeks of it before. Boring, but very capable at home and hard work. Simple workouts so I can focus on other things.

I found variants I can use with Meadows at home that I have before but honestly, it's like wearing a condom. Just ain't the same. Standby for first workout. I'm not conditioned anymore. Upchucked some food into my mouth on the 2nd exercise

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like I said, toss up between Meadows and Bryant. Unless I'm training for a meet, I really don't have an interest in the typical powerlifting training. I'd rather run Meadows, and I'd be able to in the backyard, but the equipment alternates would just be lackluster. Bryant's is literally just fucking 8x8 with 30sec rest. It's pretty brainless. But, it's hard work, I can accomplish it easily in my backyard without frustrations, and I can just focus on school more.

Speaking of... **** school. I'm having to do web camera lectures at home with my class.

Anyways.

Squats
435 for 6 triples w/120sec rest

Everything is was 8x8, slow and controlled, w/30 sec rest.

Traveling BB Lunge 95
Single-leg Cable Curl 20
Sissy Squat 25
Cable Pull-through 55
Belt Sq 225

I wasn't ready for those rest periods on traveling lunges and burped up what I ate 60 minutes beforehand.

My quads look like road maps right now.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, they extended our spring break another week but it starts up again next Monday. Hoping I don't have webcam lectures bc I fucking hate them, but it's hard to see how some of my professors will get through the material otherwise...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, they extended our spring break another week but it starts up again next Monday. Hoping I don't have webcam lectures bc I fucking hate them, but it's hard to see how some of my professors will get through the material otherwise...
So far it fucking sucks. And since it's being recorded for accreditation, im worried they may actually keep us on all 3 hours. I have two 3hr lectures today.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Incline 165x8x5 2min rest
Then everything 8x8 w/30 sec rest
Seal Row 105
Band Pushup Orange
Dual Handle Lat PD 40
Cable Fly 25
BB Tri Ext 55

I used some cable attachment handles on the barbell for seal rows and I got full ROM.

"Deficit" pushups using the band pegs.

The chest supported lat pulldown is an incredible contraction, especially with dual handles.
20200317_191926.jpeg
20200317_191907.jpeg
20200317_191849.jpeg

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those the spud strap pulleys?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Christmas tree pokin through on the lumbar. Next up, Arnold Classic 2021.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neck rotations, flexion, extension, lateral flexion, t3 raises, banded y-raises

Bunch of different hanging leg raises, lever tucks, inverted hangs

TRX Crunches/obliques

Sprints later while the kids ride bikes

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8x8 30s rest...fuk dude.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double post. So ill just edit this and say now i want to do zercher carries and see if my back looks anything remotely close to that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Double post. So ill just edit this and say now i want to do zercher carries and see if my back looks anything remotely close to that.
It will. I have seen pics of my back doing Conan’s Wheel and watched other people and a Zercher carry and it’s always awesome AF. That’s the one you wanna show your friends and family

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a cold the last couple days. I chalked it up to allergies but fatigue hit and j actually skipped a workout because of it. Just upper respiratory symptoms and the fatigue has begun to lift.

It's hard doing nursing school completely online and having two kids in the house at the same time. Once "school" is over, the kids deserve as much time with me as they can. That being side, those Josh Brant sessions took close to 2 hours to complete. 6-8 exercises, taking about 10 minutes a piece, settings things up and working up in weight etc. I honestly don't know what I have a mental desire to train. I'm going to follow some Jamie Lewis stuff for the time being. I have in the past. High frequency, shorter sessions. At least until I can figure out what I really want to do.

Today, worked up in triples every 20lbsnto 495x3 then backed off with 475, 465, 455 for doubles, for a total of 7 back-off sets.

Then did some cable tricep extensions and that 8x8 walking lunge with 105.

Then supersetted hanging leg raises with 30s bouts of jumping rope, for 10 sets each.

Bench tomorrow

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Platz Sq
315x3x8

Conv Def
405, 425, 445, 465, 445, 425, 405 all x4

Cheater Row
225x3 every 30s for 12 sets

TRX Hammy Curls
4x8

TRX Crunches/Obliques

Then later on, when the kids were outside, I did a **** load of jump rope.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s a Platz Squat?
I googled it last night too. I cant get anywhere close to where Sean is at there.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Close Grip Rest Pause
165x14, 8, 4
155x10, 7, 4

Half-Kneeling Landmine Press
25x3x12-15 reps

TRX Skulls
BWx3x10

T3 Raises
3 sets

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Did you put any protective coating on training equipment to help cut down on rust, since its outside?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you put any protective coating on training equipment to help cut down on rust, since its outside?
Negative. With all of the peg holes, it's nearly impossible to get the inside powder coated. I'm looking into a pop-up gazebo. I'm renting so I can't really attach anything to the house. I could tarp it but that was a huge hassle. I just accepted that it'll rust. I remove the safeties so they don't pool with water. Everything else drains out. The rest of the equipment goes into a giant storage box or my back shed.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Negative. With all of the peg holes, it's nearly impossible to get the inside powder coated. I'm looking into a pop-up gazebo. I'm renting so I can't really attach anything to the house. I could tarp it but that was a huge hassle. I just accepted that it'll rust. I remove the safeties so they don't pool with water. Everything else drains out. The rest of the equipment goes into a giant storage box or my back shed.
Shoot don't think I have any pictures anymore but my old outdoor set up I put up a tent over it and tarp when it rained a lot.

Things will rust anyways so I did't care a ton, bars were what I focused on more.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoot don't think I have any pictures anymore but my old outdoor set up I put up a tent over it and tarp when it rained a lot.

Things will rust anyways so I did't care a ton, bars were what I focused on more.
Yeah the bars and little things stay in the shed. I tried storing the plates in a large storage container but it didn't workout. I got tired of dragging them from my shed across the yard each session so they just stay outside now. My Bud Jeffries setup lol

I do want a tent or something to cover it all up somehow, especially when our rainy season comes.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bud Jeffries lol Had some interesting videos, definitely wouldn't try some of his "throw KB in the air and try and catch the handle" lol he was entertainment and unconventionally strong.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bud Jeffries lol Had some interesting videos, definitely wouldn't try some of his "throw KB in the air and try and catch the handle" lol he was entertainment and unconventionally strong.
lol the man is awesome

*Edit* I decided to do some Bud Jeffries approved main lifts today.

Minus the axe throwing

Last edited:
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anderson Squat s/s w/ zercher from pins
405x1ea x10 every 45s

Hise Shrugs