Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You bet. It would not be 'fair' to compare them apples to apples.

I have used Xtend and it is a high quality product.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk BCAA plus one effervescent vitamin C tablet works well.

The orange flavoured ones I use are aspartame free and can flavour the 35g~ of aminos I use post workout. It works out much cheaper than flavoured versions.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk BCAA plus one effervescent vitamin C tablet works well.

The orange flavoured ones I use are aspartame free and can flavour the 35g~ of aminos I use post workout. It works out much cheaper than flavoured versions.
I thought you used RecoverPro, though.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not anymore, when I realised the new lemon flavour had over 20(?) servings less than the last one I took my business to a bulk supplier. I just don't want that many artificial additives if I have the option.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xtend is my BCAA of choice. It costs a little more than Recoverpro, but has a proven ratio, better taste, and added goodies that recoverpro doesn't (glutamine, citrulline mallate, B6)

There is also a lot more variety to the flavors than just 2

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is my BCAA of choice. It costs a little more than Recoverpro, but has a proven ratio, better taste, and added goodies that recoverpro doesn't (glutamine, citrulline mallate, B6)

There is also a lot more variety to the flavors than just 2
Ever since I added citrulline malate to my intra workout drink I have not looked back! Fantastic pumps

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys I heard bdcc was paid by Scivation to denounce RecoverPro. I just got back from the gym with him and watched him pour water straight from the tap into a jug of RecoverPro lemon and slam it. He still takes it, prefers it, loves it, he just doesn't talk about it anymore.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
No clue if the above post is serious, as I'm sure there is some internal joke aspect. All I will say is we don't pay people to bash products.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No clue if the above post is serious, as I'm sure there is some internal joke aspect. All I will say is we don't pay people to bash products.
Haha, yes a long, ongoing joke that stems from bdcc's creation of a 50+ page thread about which flavor of RecoverPro is better.

I haven't tried the new formula, yet, but I've gone through several 90-serving tubs of the original Xtend -- good stuff :cool2:

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what was this check I got in the mail for?

Kidding...kidding. I know you guys don't bash.

I'm honestly not picky at all about my BCAA's. I don't feel like they do enough for me to worry about it.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I can tell a difference with the new formula from the old. Not sure if it's the bonded CM (vs blended which is what everyone uses) or the electrolytes. An MMA fighter I work with had his first fight since working with us about 12-16 weeks ago. A lot of his training partners came up to me while I was down there and comment on how much stronger he had gotten. Dude is pretty anal and hasn't changed a lot, other than taking a ton of xtend. I don't credit all of his results to that, but for someone that has to train at the volume those guys do, essentially 2 a days 5x per week, I think they have merit. We're already working on the 3rd version, which is 18 months away. Totally new technology and will have a full legit university study behind it before it's released.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I can tell a difference with the new formula from the old. Not sure if it's the bonded CM (vs blended which is what everyone uses) or the electrolytes. An MMA fighter I work with had his first fight since working with us about 12-16 weeks ago. A lot of his training partners came up to me while I was down there and comment on how much stronger he had gotten. Dude is pretty anal and hasn't changed a lot, other than taking a ton of xtend. I don't credit all of his results to that, but for someone that has to train at the volume those guys do, essentially 2 a days 5x per week, I think they have merit. We're already working on the 3rd version, which is 18 months away. Totally new technology and will have a full legit university study behind it before it's released.
... did you used to own the old BN site??? if so is this MM???

Also if the former 2 are true why not get SP a sponsor spot over here??

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I used to own BN, sold it in 06. Yes, it's MM. I'm not here to promote SP. Nutraplanet is a sponsor here and sam and I have a great business relationship. I'd rather promote sci/pri through him. He supports us, I support him. Which is why you can get previous version of Xtend through him cheap :)

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Yeah I used to own BN, sold it in 06. Yes, it's MM. I'm not here to promote SP. Nutraplanet is a sponsor here and sam and I have a great business relationship. I'd rather promote sci/pri through him. He supports us, I support him. Which is why you can get previous version of Xtend through him cheap :)
understandable....

Kind of figured that there was going to be the NP clause in effect since i guess you do more then just bulk.... personal relationship aside AM and NP are exclusive as I understand it.

Glad to know that you DO have a personal relationship though with NP and I can find your brands for CHEAP over there.... just one question then while your in here... didnt Primaforce have a L-dopa product? I thought you did at some point....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mike may not pay people to bash other supplements, but his Viper intimidates the other supplements into being worse. Is this true MMMMMike?

I'll offer you the same deal I offered AI Sports. For a small fee of free form aminos I will write "I <3 Scivation" on my body in marker and put the picture in my Avi.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Mike may not pay people to bash other supplements, but his Viper intimidates the other supplements into being worse. Is this true MMMMMike?

I'll offer you the same deal I offered AI Sports. For a small fee of free form aminos I will write "I <3 Scivation" on my body in marker and put the picture in my Avi.
Lol, not a bad offer.....

Ill see your body advertisement and raise you a youtube video of me main lining scivation aminos right into the peak of my bicep vein.... Then curling 100lb db's

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

When did you offer to write I <3 Scivation for AI?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Milas will do anything for free supplements. How do you think I got him at NTBM? He has a "RickRock" tattoo where the sun doesn't shine with a heart around it to prove it!...lol

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milas will do anything for free supplements. How do you think I got him at NTBM? He has a "RickRock" tattoo where the sun doesn't shine with a heart around it to prove it!...lol
I heard one cheek says "RickR" and the other cheek just says "ck."

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard one cheek says "RickR" and the other cheek just says "ck."
Yeh it looks kinda funny because the "O" is sooooo huge...LMAO :laugh:

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeh it looks kinda funny because the "O" is sooooo huge...LMAO :laugh:
I heard after a heavy leg day at the gym someone saw him in the shower and it was so blown out it said "RickRick."
lol

Disturbing mental image

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard after a heavy leg day at the gym someone saw him in the shower and it was so blown out it said "RickRick."
lol

Disturbing mental image
:rofl:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Tried them all, but usplabs are my favorite

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
lol

Disturbing mental image
/shudders

Odelay

Awards
I didn't like Xtend because that stuff really didn't want to dissolve into water.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a scale of 1 to awesome, how does the new one mix? With 1 being the worst and awesome being the best...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a long time user of Xtend but haven't been able to afford a BCAA supplement lately. I've tried RecoverPro both the Lemon and the Red Raspberry. They are great tasting and good products, but not nearly as good as Xtend. Plus Xtend has the proven ratio and also the added citruilline and other goodies.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I didn't like Xtend because that stuff really didn't want to dissolve into water.

thats what I like bout AMS body Mortar...

Stuff is in a 4:1:1 ratio and still completely dissolves without much effort.

Bulk Leucine is impossible to get to go completely into solution.... dont know how these manufacturers do it with their products. its awesome though and coupled with the masking agents for flavor, its well worth the extra dough imo.

Id really like to give the new Xtend a try and compare, liked the old one myself, flavor was great but there was a noticable after taste I think due to the extras not mixing in all the way and getting stuck in the mouth or something.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand how anyone can get BCAAs dissolved in water their side chains are hydrophobic. If you get a product that can dissolve in water wouldn't that be an indication that you aren't really getting BCAAs?

josephd79

Awards
I'm currently using Monster Amino by CytoSport. Sour Apple flavor. Seems to mix very well but it's $20 for 30 servings. I do notice a little unmixability but nothing that affects me drinking it...and I tend to give away stuff that I can stand to use pretty quickly. Anadrolic State comes to mind.

BSN makes an AminoX now too, same price so you really have a ton of options. Both AminoX & Monster Amino have a sample 10 serving container so try them both

VitaminJB

Awards
Xtend. I've also used Purple Wraath and Dymatize Recoup. I just keep going back to Xtend for some reason.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used both; power shock by vpx is another good one to consider. I used all 3 in my previous contest prep. Xtend at random times of the day, powershock intra workout, modern bcaa post workout during my cardio.

Mike

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bulk Leucine is impossible to get to go completely into solution.... dont know how these manufacturers do it with their products. its awesome though and coupled with the masking agents for flavor, its well worth the extra dough imo.
This is SOOO true.

I tried to go bulk route one time, it took me about a month to figure out it was just too much of a PITA to try and cap my own products, as well as figure out flavoring techniques.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
This is SOOO true.

I tried to go bulk route one time, it took me about a month to figure out it was just too much of a PITA to try and cap my own products, as well as figure out flavoring techniques.
Man I used to spend hours capping bulk powerful then 1-carboxy and bulk super cissus.... Then have to make sure I didn't mix the stupid caps up...

I still think that was worth it.... Bulk leucine was crap though and messy, damn stuff was hydrophobic and took to static electricity like it was dust.....

I just use my bcaas to mask my bulk powders now which aren't many since there is no more uspowders and I'm only taking in daa intermittently and lclt right now.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just ordered a couple tubs of Xtend, you guys better be true to your word on the hype lol ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xtend is probably the most commonly talked about BCAA product in all the threads I see on here.

I have never met or seen a single person in the UK who was using it. I bet I could survey all of the guys in my gym and less than 5 would even know who Scivation were.

Maybe I am on the wrong forum lol.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which flavor and which version
The original version...and I have no idea the flavor lol. Whatever is default when put in the cart at Nutra I guess.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The original version...and I have no idea the flavor lol. Whatever is default when put in the cart at Nutra I guess.
Watermelon and blue raspberry are the sh1t man, but all the flavors of xtend are good