SARMS and Propecia (finasteride)

dirtygainz

Awards
Anybody have any experience running any SARM (specifically LGD) while using finasteride? I am being cautious about any possible interactions it may have.

Cheers

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
You should be good my dude. Only things it’s supposed to have adverse effects with is 19nors.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anybody have any experience running any SARM (specifically LGD) while using finasteride? I am being cautious about any possible interactions it may have.

Cheers
Done it many times. No issues

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established

Cheers
I do not know of any specific contraindactions between the two compounds but there will certainly be countless reactions within the body when you combine the two hormone modulators. The SARM will suppress T and lower SHBG, which will in turn make estrogen more bioavailable. Finasteride, as I'm sure you know, will ultimately lower DHT, which is a very specific estrogen receptor antagonist. The environment of lowered T and DHT, and more bioavailable estrogen via lowered SHBG, could make for an issue with gynecomastia or gyno-like symptoms.

My personal eperience is that I have used them together a couple of times and while there is no specific issue with using the two drugs at the same time, they can create a unfavorable hormonal environment. My first experience with LGD/Finasteride ended up in a lump under my left nipple. I've battled it since that point in time up until this very moment. The truth is, I have to deal with it to some extent on every cycle now. This can certainly happen with any cycle when you add finasteride into the mix but the nature of SARMs (greatly anabolic and mildly and selectively androgenic) makes the scenario more likely to occur, in my opinion. I ran countless cycles before that LGD/Finasteride run, with AAS and SARMs (including LGD), and never had any issues. The first issue I had was when I introduced LGD with Finasteride. Also noteworthy, I had used Finasteride years previously, with no PEDs, and never once had any issues whatsoever with lumps or tenderness. I was also on Finasteride for a few months prior to the start of the LGD cycle, with no issues. Within a couple of weeks of the start of the cycle, I noticed tenderness and the small lump.

I'm not saying it will happen to you. I'm saying you need to be cautious of the possibility that it can happen, as well as being aware of the symptoms that manifest from the changing hormonal environment. Make sure you have the proper ancillaries available during the cycle (SERM/AI). I did, and I had the knowledge of what could potentially happen, and yet it still snuck up on me.

dirtygainz

Awards
Amazing explanation thank you. I may have to explore the use of nolva or exemestane on cycle at the first sign of any symptoms

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 10
Cycle Logs 20
Anabolics 19
NYCFITOVER40 PES 0
Anabolics 1