SamBoz19's Epic Daily Journal! Enter At Your Own Risk!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Note to my followers: Due to the whole city suffering from a power outage last night I could not train....seriously the whole city was without power for 4-5 hours. I am not to happy at all with that, but eh sh*t happens. The only workout I got in was my softball game...which sucked I might add, but the day overall was filled with good news...I will go into detail in my next update tomorrow.

Cheers!:cheers:
Way to leave us hanging dude. Good news need not be held! lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Note to my followers: Due to the whole city suffering from a power outage last night I could not train....seriously the whole city was without power for 4-5 hours. I am not to happy at all with that, but eh sh*t happens. The only workout I got in was my softball game...which sucked I might add, but the day overall was filled with good news...I will go into detail in my next update tomorrow.

Is that so? I would have thought you would have done it already (after such a stimulating conversation. Then again, you may have been too DISTRACTED :toofunny:).

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Way to leave us hanging dude. Good news need not be held! lol
Well true, but I figured I'd just explain everything all at once instead of in pieces...lol. ;)

Is that so? I would have thought you would have done it already (after such a stimulating conversation. Then again, you may have been too DISTRACTED :toofunny:).
Yes that is so...:p. Distracted I don't think is quite the way to put it...um literally awestruck and preoccupied...well yeah you get the point....hahahahaaha :toofunny:

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
in buddy.. wow, great log man.. very detailed and entertaining.. :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haven't commented here in awhile but its still goin strong...this is a fun thread :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Update!

Ok officially...I swear mother nature has a vendetta against me in particular this week. Seriously it feels like I have been grounded or something. To explain....two nights in a row there were ridiculous thunderstorms and ungodly amounts of rain which in effect has led to power outages and so forth. So yes this has been pretty much an off week for me that was unplanned due to the forces of nature...F*CK!!!!

So yeah anyway...lets get this thing rocking.

Pics of the Day:

Song to kick this off...

[youtube]rVg0562pLPY[/youtube]

The Lack of Workout:

10 mintues of stretching

15 minutes of shadow boxing

Ab work

30 mins of high intensity cardio on elliptical

Unfortunate end...:frustrate

Thoughts on Workout: Well ok now I can explain things...Well with the weather being all sorts of F*cked up I was screwed out of having a real workout. I got my stretching, shadow boxing and ab work done and then the damn power went out...I was livid. So I got creative...I used my cell phone for light to help guide me to my room where I have my gazelle power plus elliptical. From there I proceeded to go balls to the wall with high intensity using my cell phone as a timer as I was pretty much working out in the dark...very interesting to say the least. Seriously...not being able to see a damn thing in the pitch black darkness and then doing cardio is definitely an experience you won't soon forget...its crazy sh*t. LOL.:toofunny:

Workout Rating: I can not give this workout a rating simply because it was not a real workout to me...F*cking mother nature...damn this weather I tell ya!

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]wgiJkrAL9K4[/youtube]

Thoughts of the Day: Well now to get to the good news. Well over the past couple of days I have been having some good luck go my way as far as the career path is concerned. My interview at the video store went great and I passed the test so I have to meet with the District Manager for another interview and then if that goes well I meet with corporate and then from there I become a manager in training and within 6 months I will be in charge of running my own store as Store Manager. Now the good news doesn't stop there. I also had an interview with Anytime Fitness for a Club Manager position and needless to say the interview went great. I have another interview set up with Anytime Fitness and we'll see where it goes from there. Either way I will be landing a great opportunity. Anytime Fitness has more growth and money making opportunity as within a year or two I could be called upon to run 3 or 4 different fitness clubs in my given district, but I would be happy either way. Now it is just the waiting game...Things are definitely going in my direction though...:). With all of this good news and the continued great conversations...ahem Rosie Babe ;)...my libido and sense of well being has literally been on cloud nine...good times! :woohoo:

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of an undercover new energy supplement, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

30 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of Lipo-PM, 4 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being, 3 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

30 minutes later: 4 Neovar: Recomped!

Post-Workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Rhodiola Rosea in my opinion may very well be one of the best gifts mother nature has to offer us in the form of herbal supplementation. Rhodiola Rosea is arguably the most potent and most versatile adaptogenic herb in existence...and thats not marketing BS talk or an exaggeration.

For centuries, R. rosea has been used in the traditional medicine of Russia, Scandinavia, and other countries. Between 1725 and 1960, various medicinal applications of R. rosea appeared in the scientific literature of Sweden, Norway, France, Germany, the Soviet Union, and Iceland.2,4-12 Since 1960, more than 180 pharmacological, phytochemical, and clinical studies have been published. Although R. rosea has been extensively studied as an adaptogen with various health-promoting effects, its properties remain largely unknown in the West. In part this may be due to the fact that the bulk of research has been published in Slavic and Scandinavian languages. This review provides an introduction to some of the traditional uses of R. rosea, its phytochemistry, scientific studies exploring its diverse physiological effects, and its current and future medical applications.

Rhodiola rosea is an adaptogenic herb that allows natural tryptophan in the body to cross the blood brain barrier turning into serotonin; it stabilizes levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, naturally increasing levels of dopamine, tryptophan and norepinephrine.

Rhodiola rosea confers numerous benefits to health, helping to enhance mental and physical performance. Rhodiola supports the nervous system and boosts mental function by increasing blood-supply to the brain. Furthermore, Rhodiola possesses anti-depressant properties. Rhodoila increases energy, is cardio-protective, and helps to normalize heart rate after intense exertion. This is where Rhodiola’s actvity as an adaptogen comes into play. An adaptogen improves the body’s natural ability to deal with stress. Rhodiola does this with cardiovascular stress in particular. In one Russian study, an extract of Rhodiola rosea extract was examined for its effects on the pattern of stress-induced cardiac damage. Rhodiola rosea helped to prevent stress-induced cardiac damage, demonstrating stress-inhibiting and cardioprotective benefits.

Rhodiola’s potent protective and enhancing activities are due largely to the compounds rosavin, rosin, rosarin and salidroside. The sex-enhancing effects of Rhodiola rosea are likely due to its capacity to reduce body levels of stress chemicals which can impair sexual function.

The uses of the rhodiola rosea herb are many and varied, but in particular why I love this herb so much is that it has promise to possibly help people who suffer from serious mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, ADHD, and ADD. The mood balancing effects and the ability for the herb to help the body adapt to large amounts of stress thus increasing physical and mental performance is the key. When a person suffers from a mental disorder it not only takes a toll on the human mind, but also proves detrimental to the human body over time as well.

On top of that...this herb in particular is an herb both men and women should always look into when wanting to have children as this herb is known to help increase male and female sexual performance as well as fertility. This would be due to its effect on keeping your hormone levels balanced and adapting to the stress that the human mind and body endures. When you are overly stressed out your sexual performance is greatly hindered male or female and not to mention your chances for having children when highly stressed out are very slim...enter rhodiola rosea...not only does it balance your hormones it also works to help keep your cortisol levels under control while helping your reproductive organs function properly thus sexual performance is able to be at peak performance.

Well I could really go on and on about this herb in particular as I have done extensive research on it for years now, but eh don't want to drag things out. Hopefully you all enjoy learning about it.

Cheers to you all!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
in buddy.. wow, great log man.. very detailed and entertaining.. :D
Nice to have you follow along bud. Glad you enjoy it.

Cheers to ya!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
haven't commented here in awhile but its still goin strong...this is a fun thread :D
Hell yeah its still going strong bud...I don't plan on this ending anytime soon...lol. :D. Glad I can entertain you though...entertaining, teaching and educating is what I am all about. ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Learn. Teach. Lead. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to add a thing or two to the rhodiola-rosea piece, if I may.

1) Rhodiola rosea is one of the few herbs that has been shown to trigger and support ATP and phosphocreatine synthesis (and re-synthesis) in the mitochondria. This is significant because mitochondrial dysfunction can lead to the development of degenerative diseases, and is, in fact, one of the espoused theories of aging. Consequently, rhodiola rosea should be an important part of any endurance/energy-enhancing matrix designed to regenerate mitochondrial function.
2) Considering that there are over 200 species of the rhodiola genus in Europe and Asia, it is important to highlight that rhodiola rosea is the only one that appears to have the biologically active concentrations of rosavins (rosarin, rosin, and rosavin) and salidrosides. Besides, look out for rhodiola rosea products with a 3:1 concentration of rosavins to salidrosides. This is the concentration that matches the ratio of active adaptogens used in clinical trials.
3) Rhodiola rosea appears to protect skeletal muscle tissue during stress and exercise. It does this by reducing muscle-cell concentrations of such inflammatory factors or markers such as C-reactive protein (a measure of inflammation) and creatinine kinase (a measure of muscle damage). Consequently, rhodiola rosea helps speed recovery after exercise.
4) Rhodiola rosea has been shown to help in the treatment of stress-induced anorexia (cessation of eating), as well as hypoxia.
5) Rhodiola rosea appears to have blood-sugar regulating properties, and has been successfully employed in the treatment of hyperglycemia and diabetic complications.
5) Rhodiola rosea has been shown to correct irregular menses, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, adrenal dysfunction, menopausal symptoms, and such like.
6) Rhodiola rosea is a powerful antioxidant in its own right. Furthermore, it also boosts cellular concentrations of superoxide dismutase, one of the most potent endogenous antioxidants known to science.
7) Rhodiola, like EGCG (in green tea), inhibits catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), supporting norepinephrine secretion. It also boosts cAMP levels and shows monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibition properties.
8) And so on... :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Just to add a thing or two to the rhodiola-rosea piece, if I may.

1) Rhodiola rosea is one of the few herbs that has been shown to trigger and support ATP and phosphocreatine synthesis (and re-synthesis) in the mitochondria. This is significant because mitochondrial dysfunction can lead to the development of degenerative diseases, and is, in fact, one of the espoused theories of aging. Consequently, rhodiola rosea should be an important part of any endurance/energy-enhancing matrix designed to regenerate mitochondrial function.
2) Considering that there are over 200 species of the rhodiola genus in Europe and Asia, it is important to highlight that rhodiola rosea is the only one that appears to have the biologically active concentrations of rosavins (rosarin, rosin, and rosavin) and salidrosides. Besides, look out for rhodiola rosea products with a 3:1 concentration of rosavins to salidrosides. This is the concentration that matches the ratio of active adaptogens used in clinical trials.
3) Rhodiola rosea appears to protect skeletal muscle tissue during stress and exercise. It does this by reducing muscle-cell concentrations of such inflammatory factors or markers such as C-reactive protein (a measure of inflammation) and creatinine kinase (a measure of muscle damage). Consequently, rhodiola rosea helps speed recovery after exercise.
4) Rhodiola rosea has been shown to help in the treatment of stress-induced anorexia (cessation of eating), as well as hypoxia.
5) Rhodiola rosea appears to have blood-sugar regulating properties, and has been successfully employed in the treatment of hyperglycemia and diabetic complications.
5) Rhodiola rosea has been shown to correct irregular menses, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, adrenal dysfunction, menopausal symptoms, and such like.
6) Rhodiola rosea is a powerful antioxidant in its own right. Furthermore, it also boosts cellular concentrations of superoxide dismutase, one of the most potent endogenous antioxidants known to science.
7) Rhodiola, like EGCG (in green tea), inhibits catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), supporting norepinephrine secretion. It also boosts cAMP levels and shows monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibition properties.
8) And so on... :)
Thanks Ike....of course I have no qualms with you adding on. :). I am the apprentice, your the wizard...:box::toofunny:. I try to be somewhat concise with the scientific talk, just enough to get the message out to people to get them interested in doing more research on it themselves and maybe opening their eyes on things they didn't know. Anyway, I have a feeling you and I could certainly go a long way talking about Rhodiola Rosea...lol. :D

Thanks for adding on Ike...your input is always appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheers Bud!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Keeping everyone up to date...I will be hitting up the gym tonight so updates will ensue after that.

As per the usual...double dip of pics and music videos.

Cheers everyone following along!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah brother! Kill it in the gym tonight!

I look forward to the pics too!! :chick:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Chest and Triceps!

Well to get a rant out of the way here real quick...

The weather F*cking sucked last week where I live...seriously five nights in a row the rain was just pouring down like a giant waterfall. Needless to say the week overall was great, just not on the training aspect of things...I decided to make it an off week since it seemed like mother nature was hellbent on forcing me to miss my training sessions :frustrate. Its all good because I'll just strike back with a vengeance this week. Mother Nature can kiss my a$$!!!

Furthermore, seriously inconsiderate people piss me off. On Sunday I had a scheduled softball game that was supposed to take place, but unfortunately due to piss poor management by the leader/manager of the team I had to forfeit the game...I was the only who showed up...not only embarrassing, but damn I never concede defeat...I was really ready to rip someone's head off after that...yeah enough on that...getting pissed off talking about it! Secondly, being a team leader for my classroom team in my psychology course has been a royal pain in my ass with my team making things tough on me by turning their parts of assignments in at the last minute and one particular member always trying to screw up everything by changing sh*t on the fly...I make a plan for the team you stick to it...you screw things up and cost me to get a grade lower than A and I'm the last person you want to deal with! F*ck! :rant:

Yes I am done ranting now...had to get that out :aargh:...I feel much better now. :)

Ok to quickly change the mood and entertain everyone with some quick laughs...here ya go! A clip from one of my favorite comedy movies...Team America: World Police. Enjoy!

[youtube]x7JVLipzwbM[/youtube]

Lets get this thing rolling...

Pics of the day:

Marisa Miller...damn she is just sexy and well for some reason I am thinking of music now...lmao. Enjoy! :chick:

This is for my boy T1. John I know your a fan of Christina Aguilera so here ya go brutha man! :)

Music Video to get this thing rocking out:

[youtube]fFQAWdRRChk[/youtube]

The Workout:

Fasted Morning Cardio:
30 mins on Gazelle Power Plus elliptical (I love using this thing...watching recorded tv programs on my computer while doing cardio is pretty fun actually)

Weight Training Session:

10 minutes of stretching

Flat Bench Press:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@185lbs
12 reps@225lbs
8 reps@250lbs
6 reps@275lbs
3 reps@300lbs
3 reps@325lbs
2 reps@355lbs

Close Grip Bench Press:
3 sets of 10@225lbs

Incline Cable Pec Flyes:
3 sets of 12

Tricep Pressdowns:
3 sets of 10@130lbs

Incline DB Presses:
3 sets of 12 using 65lb DB's

Seated Tricep Pressdowns (similar to doing dips):
3 sets of 12@285lbs (max machine weight)

Ab Work- 20 mins

End of Workout...

Workout Music Video:

This song not only creates a massive adrenaline rush, but this video is pretty kickass and wicked...definitely be sure to watch and enjoy this one!

[youtube]5rslzx9aaN0[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well I obviously got down to business and ripped through this workout. I was feeling sluggish at first and then after getting to 250lbs on the bench I woke the F*ck up and was pumped and feeling like a raging beast. I was quite aggressive through this workout and really went at the weights like I was trying to destroy them...I felt really good once the blood got stirring :twisted:. In a nutshell, the rush of adrenaline was flowing through my veins and I was just locked in. I went on short rests for the most part and the pumps from the workout lasted quite a while after I finished...about 3 hours after I was done was when I returned to normal and felt relaxed.

Workout Rating: 9.4...Plain and simply put...I felt like me during this workout!

Thoughts of the day: Well the day kinda sucked because it was wasted waiting on my team members getting their parts of the team assignment in and then editing and making sure everything was top notch before submitting the final copy of our team paper. The training session certainly made up for the lack of an eventful day though...:)

Supplements:

Upon waking: 4 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-Cardio: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 4 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-workout: 6 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Epimedium Sagittatum more commonly known as the popular horny goat weed is an herb that has long been recognised as an aphrodisiac in Asian countries. Legend has it that its properties were discovered by a Chinese goat herder. This man noticed his goats were far more rambunctious after having consumed this plant, which is how it got its name... Horny Goat Weed.

The active ingredient in Epimedium Sagittatum is icariin (Epimedium brevicornum Maxim). Standardized extracts can range from 5% up to 60% potent. Extract Strengths above that are usually reserved for clinical lab use (The strongest extract I have ever heard of being used was 90%). lcariin helps stimulate the central nervous system and nerves in general throughout the body (if anyone ever wondered why DRIVE is recommended to not be taken within 3 hours of bedtime you may understand the reasoning now). It just so happens that Icariin increases the production of nitric oxide in the body, which relaxes smooth muscle, and therefore is the reasoning why it is known to work as aphrodisiac.

Traditional uses of the herb (generally in formulas involving several other herbs as well) include treatment of male sexual dysfunction, prostate and urinary problems, low back pain, knee pain, poor memory, emotional timidity, and general symptoms of aging. Also to note...horny goat weed is also known to work as a liver tonic as well. So with the list of beneficial uses that this herb has potential for its only natural that so many supplement companies have jumped on the bandwagon wanting to use it in their formulas.

An interesting study I came across...

Pan Y, Kong L, Xia X, Zhang W, Xia Z, Jiang F.

State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Immunobiological Laboratory, Institute of Functional Biomolecule, Nanjing University, PR China.

The behavioral, neurochemical and neuroendocrine effects of icariin isolated from Epimedium brevicornum were investigated in behavioral despair models of KunMing strain of male mice. Icariin was found to significantly shorten immobility time in the forced swimming test (FST) after orally administration for 21 consecutive days. Icarrin also produced a marked reduction in immobility time in the tail suspension test (TST) when administered for at least 7 consecutive days. The preferable antidepressant action by icariin was obtained at 17.5 and 35 mg/kg in the present study. Moreover, it was observed that the stress of FST exposure induced increases in brain monoamine oxidase (MAO) A and B activities, serum corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) levels, as well as decreases in brain monoamine neurotransmitter levels. Treatment of icariin for 21 consecutive days mainly reversed the above effects in the mouse FST. These results suggested that icarrin possessed potent antidepressant-like properties that were mediated via neurochemical and neuroendocrine systems.

Cheers Everyone!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Yeah brother! Kill it in the gym tonight!

I look forward to the pics too!! :chick:
Thanks for that encouragement there bud and yes I did F*ck some sh*t up in the gym...good times!

BTW...Yeah you should especially like one of the pics...I picked one just for you bud. LOL. :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the addition of the scientific talk sections...both have been good read's.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the Christina A pic! :)

Sean - This log has been a pleasure to follow along. Very informative and entertaining. Keep up the great work buddy.

BTW - I almost missed the grown up 'Punky Brewster' pic. Damn, she looks pretty good! Marissa miller........:jaw:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy the addition of the scientific talk sections...both have been good read's.
Glad your enjoying it "Team Deuce". LOL. :toofunny:

Cheers to ya bud!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I love the Christina A pic! :)

Sean - This log has been a pleasure to follow along. Very informative and entertaining. Keep up the great work buddy.

BTW - I almost missed the grown up 'Punky Brewster' pic. Damn, she looks pretty good! Marissa miller........:jaw:
Thanks for kind words as always John! :)

Yeah Punky Brewster surely grew up to be a stunner. Marisa Miller...well yeah I'm with ya on the :jaw:. LOL. :toofunny:

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Glad your enjoying it "Team Deuce". LOL. :toofunny:

Cheers to ya bud!:cheers:
I did not have sexual relations with that smiley icon. I did not inhale. I certainly did not exhale. And I will now pardon half of the criminal justice system. This statement has been paid for and endorsed by TEAM DEUCE

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I did not have sexual relations with that smiley icon. I did not inhale. I certainly did not exhale. And I will now pardon half of the criminal justice system. This statement has been paid for and endorsed by TEAM DEUCE
Oh sh*t we have another Slick Willy Bill Clinton on our hands :rofl:....heaven forbid. HAHAHAHAHAH. LMAO. That was some funny stuff. :toofunny:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...lcariin helps stimulate the central nervous system and nerves in general throughout the body (if anyone ever wondered why DRIVE is recommended to not be taken within 3 hours of bedtime you may understand the reasoning now)....
Add to that the fact that dodder seed (also in Drive) is known to demonstrate significant synergistic action with icariin, thus potentiating icariin's pharmacological action within the Drive blend. Then add the fact that naringin boosts the half-lives of both icariin and dodder seed, then you have an environment with super-charged icariin! :)

It is interesting, though, that naringin (metabolized by intestinal bacteria to naringenin) is mostly mentioned in terms of boosting half-lives of other compounds. That is somewhat unfair, as it is not only a potent antioxidant (suppressing hydroxyl and superoxide radicals and boosting levels of the endogenous antioxidant, superoxide dismutase), but also helps support health cholesterol levels. Besides, it helps combat the hepatitis C virus, protects bone-marrow cells against radiation-induced damage, triggers selective cell-apoptosis in dysfunctional cells, possesses significant anti-mutagenic activity, possesses similar pharmacological effects to vitamin E, and so on. It does more than just the bio-synthesis of other nutrients.

Perhaps, naringin will feature in your log sometime! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Add to that the fact that dodder seed (also in Drive) is known to demonstrate significant synergistic action with icariin, thus potentiating icariin's pharmacological action within the Drive blend. Then add the fact that naringin boosts the half-lives of both icariin and dodder seed, then you have an environment with super-charged icariin! :)

It is interesting, though, that naringin (metabolized by intestinal bacteria to naringenin) is mostly mentioned in terms of boosting half-lives of other compounds. That is somewhat unfair, as it is not only a potent antioxidant (suppressing hydroxyl and superoxide radicals and boosting levels of the endogenous antioxidant, superoxide dismutase), but also helps support health cholesterol levels. Besides, it helps combat the hepatitis C virus, protects bone-marrow cells against radiation-induced damage, triggers selective cell-apoptosis in dysfunctional cells, possesses significant anti-mutagenic activity, possesses similar pharmacological effects to vitamin E, and so on. It does more than just the bio-synthesis of other nutrients.

Perhaps, naringin will feature in your log sometime! :D
Oh indeed bud...naringin is definitely on the horizon. The main reason why...people really do not understand its mechanism of action and the benefits that it can produce. The part that I find so intriguing about naringin though is that in higher doses...its quite the potent aromatase inhibitor as well as being an effective cortisol regulator. Why I think naringin gets overlooked a lot is the same reason why synephrine gets overlooked sometimes...both are known to cause adverse side effects especially when someone is taking prescription medication, but I digress...

I think I may just make naringin my next selection to shed some light on since we're talking about it. I had it planned, but eh...its on the mind now so when I make my update later tonight (Off night last night) it will be the topic of my scientific talk section.

Cheers to ya Ike!:cheers:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OMG! i cant believe i missed this thread!!!! :frustrate: i wanna kill myself for missing out. WTF!!! this is the best journal ive ever subbed! loving it and only on page 1!!! haha.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
OMG! i cant believe i missed this thread!!!! :frustrate: i wanna kill myself for missing out. WTF!!! this is the best journal ive ever subbed! loving it and only on page 1!!! haha.
Glad to have you check in bud. It'll be a long ride, but of course as you can see...I keep the entertainment value level high. :D. I look forward to having you continue to follow along.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Checking in brother man.

I hear ya on the inconsiderate people pissing you off. If it only screws yourself over than I could care less, but if your actions somehow affect (or effect? looked this up like 1000 times but always forget, gonna look it up again) me than you best man up. I think you should just got Mr. Burns' style on your softball team, higher some pros :D.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Been kinda busy lately, had some catching up to do! Log is rolling along nicely bro.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so 5 hours passes like it is mere MINUTES! (Damn). Anyways, yes, I had better let your people over there have some 'Sean time' too...You best have thrashed Alicia in the gym tonight :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Checking in brother man.

I hear ya on the inconsiderate people pissing you off. If it only screws yourself over than I could care less, but if your actions somehow affect (or effect? looked this up like 1000 times but always forget, gonna look it up again) me than you best man up. I think you should just got Mr. Burns' style on your softball team, higher some pros :D.

Its affect...lol. Anyway, yeah I have a few quick triggers that set me off at the drop of a dime and people being inconsiderate is one of them. Seriously there is no damn reason or excuse to be inconsiderate of other people...especially if your a leader (yeah I'm ready to rip my buddy's head off for being such a dumbass...he's pulled stupid sh*t like this before. In a nutshell, me and one of my other close friends always crack the joke about this mutual acquaintance of ours that you know its bad when your name becomes an adjective...man thats some "insert name here" Sh*t! LoL. :D

Yeah that was a classic Simpson's episode...The Mike Scioscia side burns....classic stuff...hahahaha. :toofunny:

Been kinda busy lately, had some catching up to do! Log is rolling along nicely bro.
Its all good man...we all have lives outside of the forums which we must tend to. Glad to see you hanging around and checking in from time to time nonetheless.

Ok, so 5 hours passes like it is mere MINUTES! (Damn). Anyways, yes, I had better let your people over there have some 'Sean time' too...You best have thrashed Alicia in the gym tonight :D
Yeah...we were talking for a quite a while there huh babe? LOL. I started lmao when Alicia said well I need some "Sean Time" too....hahahah. :toofunny:. Anyway, yeah Alicia was pretty much a zombie at the gym...the most I got out of her was teaching her how to roll and bounce on her feet for dancing (she is a great dancer as she has great hip movements and flows to a rhythm, but she needs some work on her foot work (my specialty) in between sets of deads. Needless to say it was fun times having her along and shooting the Sh*t as we always do anyways. :)

Cheers Babe!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
BTW fellow followers...I'll post my updates later...kinda whooped from the workout....it was pretty kickass and intense so keep on the lookout for my update later.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Back and Biceps!

Well now to finally get to my update.

Lets get down to business right away here...

Pics of the day:

Heidi Klum...need I say more?

Layla Kayleigh....MMM....very sexy!!! :)

Music Video to start things off:

[youtube]VlzptZ9wieQ[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes of cardio on elliptical

Deadlifts:
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
2 reps@500lbs (F*ck yeah!!!)
3 sets of 10@315lbs

Hammer Strength Iso Reverse Rows:
3 sets of 10@215lbs

Lat Pulldowns:
3 sets of 10@220lbs

Seated Cable Rows:
3 sets of 10@270lbs (max machine weight)

Hammer Iso Bicep Curls:
3 sets of 15@120lbs

Hammer Curls using 65lb DB's
3 sets of 10

Reverse Cable Curls:
3 sets of 12@100lbs

Cable Isolation Bicep Curls using Cable Crossover Machine:
Note: You stand with your arms spread out with an underhand grip and then slowly bring the cable handles in towards your shoulders pause and slowly release back to the starting point...its great muscle stimulation.

3 sets of 12@100lbs

Abs

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: Well this workout was pretty damn intense and it was a typical Sean workout for me. I had to go for the 500lb deadlift to make sure that my raw power is still intact...yes I had to feed my ego...lol. :D. The fact that I pulled it up for two reps without too much struggle was enough to let me know I haven't fallen from grace as far as I thought. After I got through that I got straight ridiculous...every set for every exercise thereafter was at max a minute and a half rest. I got meaner and more aggressive as the workout went on and overall I was pretty pleased...a hard, heavy, intense, and sweaty workout....thats what I'm talking about.

Workout Rating: 9.5...I pulled that 500lbs up a hell of a lot easier than expected...yeah buddy!!!

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]jPLjLwBPYRc[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Eh not really much to say this time out...I'll just say things have been better and will only get better. Enough said!

Supplements:

Upon waking: 4 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-Cardio: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 4 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-workout: 6 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Naringin...Commonly known as Grapefruit extract does indeed come from Grapefruit. Naringin has many effects that are beneficial to humans such as antioxidant activity, blood lipid-lowering, anticarcinogenic activity, and inhibition of selected cytochrome P450 enzymes including CYP3A4 and CYP1A2. However, the one key thing to be noted about Naringin is that it can adverse side effects for those that take prescription medications as Naringin extends the half-lives of substances in the blood stream and with some medications this can be detrimental to a person's health.

A recent discovery is that naringin changes the dose of many drugs by affecting their metabolism. A number of drugs that are known to be affected by naringin include calcium channel blockers, anti-fungal agents, antibiotics, estrogen, sedatives, medications for high blood pressure, allergies, AIDS, and cholesterol-lowering drugs.

Now to get to the good stuff involving Naringin...

Naringin has great synergistic effects with other supplements, especially caffeine because its ability to extend the half-lives of the substances, which in effect increases the effectiveness of the other supplements you may be taking.. However, what should also be known is that Naringin has the ability to support healing of our tissues after intense, grueling workouts. Also, It's also an aldose reductase inhibitor,which means it may also have a role to play battling retinal disease in diabetics.

Now while Naringin has many beneficial uses, to the bodybuilder the important effects of Naringin that is worth looking into besides making stimulants more potent and effective thus helping supercharge your workouts more or less is to research its aromatase inhibiting abilities as Naringin inhibits the P450 enzyme and its insulin sensitizing abilities. What does this mean for the bodybuilder? A dryer, harder muscular physique in a nutshell as by having the P450 enzyme inhibited your Testosterone to Estrogen levels are in your favor as more testosterone will be flowing through your body as that is what you want. With the insulin sensitizing effects, blood glucose levels remain more stable, sugar is less likely to be stored as fat, and since excess insulin can blunt the effects of increased cAMP levels there is nothing to worry about when supplementing with Naringin. Something that reduces estrogen in the body, makes your body more sensitive to insulin thus leading to more testosterone, keeping your cAMP levels elevated, and keeping you from gaining any unnecessary sugar fat mass....mmm sounds like a winner to me. :)

Definitely be sure to check this link out to see some interesting studies done on Naringin as well....http://www.lef.org/abstracts/codex/naringin_abstracts.htm

Cheers Everyone!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see the naringin hint has been implemented! :)

Just wanted to add that naringin, that bitter compound that gives grape its bitter taste, has a cumulative effect. This means that its combined pharamcological action follows a time delay, implying that it will remain biologically active for a period after end of supplementation. Furthermore, because it boosts cellular levels of many other compounds, it is not recommended to combine naringin with blood thinners/prescription drugs, without the supervision of an appropriately trained medical personnel. And avoid naringin after an alcohol orgy! By the way, naringin recharges the taste buds. This is why some people deliberately eat grapefruit before meals!

Keep the ball rolling, bud! :thumbsup:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I see the naringin hint has been implemented! :)

Just wanted to add that naringin, that bitter compound that gives grape its bitter taste, has a cumulative effect. This means that its combined pharamcological action follows a time delay, implying that it will remain biologically active for a period after end of supplementation. Furthermore, because it boosts cellular levels of many other compounds, it is not recommended to combine naringin with blood thinners/prescription drugs, without the supervision of an appropriately trained medical personnel. And avoid naringin after an alcohol orgy! By the way, naringin recharges the taste buds. This is why some people deliberately eat grapefruit before meals!

Keep the ball rolling, bud! :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure you meant to say Grapefruit and not Grape...right bud? ;) LOL. :toofunny:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log continues to look great sean. Nice work my friend. I'd also like to request another Christina A pic in the future haha! :D

:bb3:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Log continues to look great sean. Nice work my friend. I'd also like to request another Christina A pic in the future haha! :D

:bb3:
Ask and you shall receive my good man. :). I'll include a Christina A pic for you when I make my next update later tonight after the gym...Legs and Shoulders tonight!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure you meant to say Grapefruit and not Grape...right bud? ;) LOL. :toofunny:

That was deliberate! I wanted to see if you would spot it! :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Update later today!

A quick preview...

Last night I had a phenomenal leg and shoulder workout (it was straight brutal). I comfortably put up a 500lb squat...I would say I really am not too far off power and strength wise at all from the pinnacle of my bulk during this past winter.

Anyway, yes the update will be posted later on today so stay tuned my fellow followers...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Legs and Shoulders!

Well since I gave a brief preview lets get down to business here...

Pics of the day:

As promised...more Christina Aguilera for my boy John (T1). :)

More Holly Weber...mmm yeah buddy! :)

Song to get rolling along:

[youtube]LhONBkV6Aak[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes of cardio on elliptical

Squats:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
2 reps@500lbs (F*ck yeah...went up pretty smooth and easy at that):squat::bb3:
3 sets of 10@315lbs (minute and a half rests)

Seated Military Presses:
3 sets of 10@185lbs (30 second rests)

Leg Presses:
3 sets of 12@900lbs

Front Barbell Shoulder Shrugs:
4 sets of 10@275lbs

Stiff Legged Deadlifts:
3 sets of 12@275lbs

Behind the back Cable Shoulder Shrugs:
3 sets of 15@185lbs

Seated Leg Curls:
3 sets of 15@200lbs

Shoulder Front Raises Supersetted between standard and hammer style grips:

3 sets of 10 each style using 25lb DB's

Glute Machine (Modified Lunges more or less)
3 sets of 10 each leg@205lbs (max machine weight)

Bodyweight Calf Raises off edge of bench:
4 sets of 25

Seated Calf Raises:
4 sets of 10@230lbs

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: Well this was one of the more brutal workouts I have had in a long time intensity wise, but not heavy weight wise although I still was using some heavy weight. I went on short rests for most the workouts...longest rests were 2 minutes in between sets. I put up 500lbs on the squat and it went up rather easily so that in a nutshell made the workout kick ass even more for me. However, I just seemed to get more intense as the workout wore on. I definitely noticed throbbing pumps in my legs and overall I felt pretty pumped through workout since I did have a serving of NeoVar: Recomped with my pre-workout meal before hitting the gym.

Workout Rating: 9.6...Pure raw unadulterated adrenaline, aggression, and intensity for this workout...just the way I like it. :twisted:

Workout Music Video:

Some Old School Nirvana...Smells Like Teen Spirit...Hell Yeah!!!

[youtube]kPQR-OsH0RQ[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well I'll rant more on this section later. The day of this workout was pretty decent, but still had its irritating moments (yeah another softball game forfeited, but this time I had no problem with it...my buddy and I discussed things so eh no matter).

Supplements:

Post-workout: 4 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

I will add my Scientific talk section later. I just wanted to get this posted. Keep on the lookout for those interested in this particular section.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Update to come later tonight!

I will be making an update later tonight.

Quick preview...I have a softball game tonight and I will be doing a Chest and Triceps workout. Also, I plan on having 2 substances to discuss in my Scientific Talk section so stay tuned and keep your eyes on the lookout my fellow followers. Also, expect the usual double dip of pics and music videos.

Pzough

Pzough

Awards
Good luck tonight with your softball game.....hopefully you take it down like the Cubbies did tonight. Can't believe they only lead by one game now.

Anyway, let me know if you got the email I sent you.

Keep up the great log and workouts......and of course pics and vids.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
that was a pretty intense workout! Keep up the good work bozwick!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Chest and Triceps!

Well lets get down to business right away here...

Pics of the day:

Sheena Lee...

Vanessa Blouin...

Music Video to get things rolling:

[youtube]xSLa08J6rv4[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes on elliptical

Flat Bench:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@225lbs
1 rep@365lbs
1 rep@385lbs
2 sets of 10@250lbs
8 reps@275lbs
4 reps@300lbs

Tricep Pressdowns:
3 sets of 15@115lbs (30 second rests)

Incline Cable Pec Flyes:
4 sets of 10

Behind the Neck Overhead Tricep Presses using EZ Curl Bar:
4 sets of 15@95lbs

Hammer Style Grip Close Grip Chest Presses using 60lb DB's:
4 sets of 15

Seated Tricep Pressdowns (Modified Dips more or less):
3 sets of 12@285lbs (Max Machine Weight)

Abs

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: Well this workout was pure slaughter on my upper body in general. Honestly Once I put up the 1 rep of the 365 on the bench I was hungry for more so I said F*ck it and went for the 385 just to see if I still had it in me. Albeit putting up the 385 took something out of me I still got the job done...F*ck Yeah!!!! That alone had me pumped through the workout in the mental sense, as in the physical sense...about half way through the workout I swelled up like I was the incredible hulk and the pumps stayed with me for quite long while after the workout. I can definitely be happy with this workout. :)

Workout Rating: 9.5...I got up 385lbs on the bench...I'm only 20lbs off of my 405lb PR so needless to say I have maintained my strength fairly well for being limited with my diet and funds so I can't complain.

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]V4UcDh3EvMQ[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty good actually. First I had my interview with the district manager in regards to me getting the opportunity to be a store manager for a video store...I could end up making more than I thought so yeah I was pretty happy as the interview went very well and I feel pretty confident about getting the position. Beyond that my softball game was fantastic...I hit a triple, and then sure enough I blasted off and put one way out of the park (somewhere in the neighborhood of 350-360ft), and then I hit another triple, and then I got greedy...I almost put another one out but the defense was playing me right at the fence...so an uneventful fly out. Finished 3-4 and we won...so the game was great. Beyond that I had other BS to deal with, but eh the day overall was great...thats what matters to me.

Supplements:

Post-workout: 4 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Nettle Root...Nettle root or whole plant has been used in traditional folk medicine as an astringent, a diuretic, and a tonic herb. Internally nettle has been employed to treat anemia, uterine hemorrhage, excessive menstruation, hemmorhoids, arthritis, rheumatism, gout and skin eruptions. Topically, preparations of nettle have been employed to relieve arthritic pain, gout, sciatica, neuralgia, hemmorhoids, sclap and hair problems, burns and insect bites and stings.

Though nettle?s therapeutic activities aren?t completely understood, the plant contains a variety of antioxidant compounds which protect cells and enhance tissue health. The plant contains a number of anti-inflammatory compounds, which may account for its multiple uses for treating inflammation. The plant is also rich in minerals of value to skin and hair, which may explain its beneficial uses for both. Nettle also contains diuretic agents and phytochemicals which help to control bleeding.

Nettle root contains a number of beneficial phytochemicals which appear to influence the function of the prostate, interact with sex hormones, slow the growth of prostate cells, fight prostate cancer, and reduce inflammation.

Studies involving a total of over 15,000 men with BPH have found significant improvements in prostate size, nighttime urination, urination frequency, urine flow, and residual urine.

A double-blind placebo-controlled study of 50 men over 9 weeks found a significant increase in urination volume and urine flow rate.

In another double-blind placebo-controlled study, treatment of 67 men with nettle produced a 14% improvement in urine flow and a 53% decrease in residual urine. Lastly, a double-blind placebo-controlled study of 40 men found a significant decrease in frequency of urination after 6 months.

Nettle Root can be used to help with...Alzheimer?s disease, arthritis (leaves), asthma, baldness (leaves), bladder infections, bronchitis, bursitis, cough (leaves), gingivitis, gout, hives, kidney stones, laryngitis, multiple sclerosis, PMS, enlarged prostate (roots), sciatica, and tendonitis.

Now to add to value of this plant...

3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran (A.K.A. Divanil as named by Designer Supplements and used in their great past product ActiVate and new version ActiVate Xtreme) is the specific extract from the plant that offers the most benefit as far as sports supplementation goes. To make it plain and simple...Divanil helps unleash more free testosterone in the blood stream and in a nutshell that is what every aspiring athlete or bodybuilder wants because it means better strength, power, endurance, fat loss, muscle density/hardness, etc. For more on 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran please take a look at these studies and draw your own conclusions. Needless to say...I will state my personal opinion and say that this substance is damn effective.

The studies...

1: Z Naturforsch [C]. 1997 Nov-Dec;52(11-12):834-43.Links
Interaction of lignans with human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
Sch?ttner M, Gansser D, Spiteller G.

Lehrstuhl Organische Chemie I, Universit?t Bayreuth, Germany.

Lignans bind to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). The lignan with the highest binding affinity is (+/-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran. In a double Stobbe condensation--without use of protecting groups--a wide variety of lignans with different substitution pattern in the aromatic and aliphatic part of the molecule was synthesized. These lignans were tested in a SHBG-binding assay which allowed to deduce the following relationship between structure and activity: 1) (+/-)-diastereoisomers are more active than meso compounds 2.) the 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy (guajacyl) substitution pattern in the aromatic part is most effective 3.) the activity increases with the decline in polarity of the aliphatic part of the molecule.

Sch?ttner M, Spiteller G, Gansser D.

Lehrstuhl f?r organische Chemie, Universit?t Bayreuth, Germany.

The natural lignans (-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran (1), (-)-matairesinol (2), (-)-secoisolariciresinol (3), (+/-)-enterolactone (4), (+/-)-enterodiol (5), and nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA) (6) reduce the binding of 3H-labeled 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to human sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). (-)-3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran (1) has the highest binding affinity (Ka = 3.2 +/- 1.7 x 10(6)M-1) of all lignans investigated so far; the reversibility of its binding and a double reciprocal plot suggest a competitive inhibition of the SHBG-DHT interaction. Increasing hydrophobity in the aliphatic part of the lignans (butane-1,4-diol-butanolide-tetrahydrofuran structures) leads to higher binding affinity. In the aromatic part, a 3-methoxy-4-hydroxy substitution pattern is most effective for binding to SHBG.

Sch?ttner M, Gansser D, Spiteller G.

Lehrstuhl Organische Chemie I, Universit?t Bayreuth, Germany.

Polar extracts of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica L.) roots contain the ligans (+)-neoolivil, (-)-secoisolariciresinol, dehydrodiconiferyl alcohol, isolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran. These compounds were either isolated from Urtica roots, or obtained semisynthetically. Their affinity to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) was tested in an in vitro assay. In addition, the main intestinal transformation products of plant lignans in humans, enterodiol and enterolactone, together with enterofuran were checked for their activity. All lignans except (-)-pinoresinol developed a binding affinity to SHBG in the in vitro assay. The affinity of (-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran was outstandingly high. These findings are discussed with respect to potential beneficial effects of plant lignans on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).

Thats the end for this update.

Cheers everyone! :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Good luck tonight with your softball game.....hopefully you take it down like the Cubbies did tonight. Can't believe they only lead by one game now.

Anyway, let me know if you got the email I sent you.

Keep up the great log and workouts......and of course pics and vids.
Yes I got your email Zach....thanks a lot man. Your a cool cat for sure.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
that was a pretty intense workout! Keep up the good work bozwick!
Indeed that workout was phenomenal...the more aggressive and intense it is the more I like it...lol. :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Numbers continue to be outstanding. Youre one damn strong dude, bro.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
A quick preview...tonight will be a Back, Bicep, and Shoulder workout. Tonight I plan on going absolutely nuts in the gym as my close buddy will be training with me and I am going to make sure to work his ass into the ground so he remembers just how tough it is train with me or have me as a training partner....muahahahahahahaha! :twisted: :toofunny: . Besides he needs the extra punishment to get the aggression out...his woman has been quite the pain in the ass for him lately (they are not married, but have lived together for 3 years and have a baby together), anyway enough on that.

As per the usual...I will be posting a double dip of pics and music videos. I may just post up two substances of interest during my Scientific Talk Section...we'll see. Stay tuned everyone....;)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Back and Biceps!

Well ok I planned on getting Back, Biceps, and Shoulders, but things didn't workout that way. No big deal. On top of that my buddy Brandon couldn't make it...work was a bit rough on him...he works on the railroad and more or less gets his ass kicked on a daily basis physically so I can give him a pass there, and besides he is just getting back into working out with me...takes a bit to get used to the punishment again...hahahahaha. :D.

Lets get down to business here...

Pics of the day:
Never get tired of looking at beautiful JNL....

Ursula Mayes...

Music Video to get this rolling:

Ok since my libido was raging out of control for most of the day...completely random this is a perfect fitting video for some kicks...lol. :D

[youtube]RgohnTU9X0A[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes on elliptical

Deadlifts:
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
3 sets of 8 365lbs
5 reps@405lbs
3 reps@455lbs

Hammer Iso Lateral Reverse Rows:
3 sets of 10@225lbs

Pullups:
3 sets of 10

Lat Pulldowns:
2 sets of 10@200lbs
2 sets of 8@220lbs
1 set of 5@260lbs (max machine weight)

Cable Bicep Curls:
4 sets of 10@150lbs

Reverse Cable Bicep Curls:
4 sets of 10@125lbs

Hammer Curls using 65lb DB's:
4 sets of 10

Reverse Plate Curls using 45lb EZ-Grip Plate:
4 sets of 20

Abs

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: This workout was pretty damn intense from start to finish. I really just got down to business and busted ass. I was aggressive and just ready destroy the iron. However, I was a bit pissed I was so tanked out at the end of my deads...3 reps on 455lbs actually really pissed me off (should've jumped to 500lbs and done the 3 reps, but eh no matter) so needless to say that helped light a fire under my ass and really put me into gear. Nonetheless...a great overall workout!

Workout Rating: 9.3...A typical "Sean" workout more or less. Granted I wanted heavier deads with my last set, but my lack of power there pushed me to have a better overall workout.

Workout Music Video:

Rob Zombie- Superbeast....I love this damn song...definitely a great adrenaline rush song to bring the intensity during a workout.

[youtube]b5HCFRhtmgc[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well my buddy Brandon didn't make it to this workout, but the workout was still solid so that end was good. However, the day in general kinda sucked...it was pretty much spent watching my nephews and keeping an eye on my 15 year old niece watching my nephews later in the night...she was there to watch the boys because my brother works all night on Fridays and to give me a break so I could get my work and other stuff done. Needless to say...just another typical day.

Supplements:

Scientific Talk: Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a phytonutrient and plant indole found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale, with potential antiandrogenic and antineoplastic activities. As a dimer of indole-3-carbinol, diindolylmethane (DIM) promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism in both sexes by reducing the levels of 16-hydroxy estrogen metabolites and increasing the formation of 2-hydroxy estrogen metabolites, resulting in increased antioxidant activity.

DIM is currently used to treat Recurring Respiratory Papillomatosis caused by the Human Papilloma Virus and is in Phase III clinical trials for Cervical Dysplasia. Cervical Dysplasia is a precancerous condition also caused by the Human Papilloma Virus. Until recently, DIM's biological mode of action for these conditions was not clearly understood. When scientists at UC Berkeley discovered that DIM is a potent modulator of the innate immune response system, this discovery finally shed light on DIM's global anti-viral properties, including anti-viral properties against the Human Papilloma Virus.

Since DIM has shown anti-viral capabilities there is speculation from scientists and doctors that DIM can be possibly be used as a therapeutic for a variety of viral and bacterial infections (including HIV, HPV, Hepatitis, Influenza, the Pandemic Flu and antibiotic resistant bacteria), immune deficiency conditions, dermatological conditions such as acne caused by infections, and multiple forms of cancer (breast, prostate, lung, colon, skin, cervical). DIM's primary immune modulatory mode of action is the stimulation of Interferon-Gamma receptor transcription as well as the production of Interferon-Gamma. DIM has also been shown to synergize with Interferon-Gamma in the potentiation of the MHC-I Complex.

So why should bodybuilders or athletes use DIM? Well the simple answer is that DIM helps with estrogen metabolism and helps to tip the scales of good estrogens to bad estrogens in your favor. Indirectly the effects of DIM help to reduce estrogen to promote more testosterone while producing good estrogens for a more anabolic environment for your body. In a nutshell, anything that can help create a more anabolic environment for your body, help control and regulate estrogen and also inadvertently work to help promote more testosterone while possibly working as a potent anti-oxidant/anti-viral for your body is something you want to make sure you take as a staple. If your not supplementing with DIM then you better be eating your vegetables (in particular...broccoli).

Thats it for this edition...