Ruck up sucka! iparatroop's permanent training home.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like a good point for me to jump back into this conversation... so what's the broomstick for?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a good point for me to jump back into this conversation... so what's the broomstick for?
Did you watch the video? Used it to make sure he was aligned correctly for the dead lift.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how I have missed this all along, but in and getting caught up. (Cheers to a slow day at work - I hope!)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

http://youtu.be/GIsuywbY130

image-1161458792.jpg

Finished row in 7:20.0
35/25/20 chest to ground sloooow push-ups. Think that ha something to do with bench issues this morning. Might redo bench session from today, tomorrow.

Cube W2D2
(Heavy Bench)

Not posting anything as it wasn't worthwhile. Will redo it tomorrow. Some days you just don't have it. Today was that day.

On a good note though, took G8 last night for the first time in a while. Have to say, the new flavor is absolutely amazeballs. I had no issues with the old flavor, but the new version is quite possibly the best tasting supplement I have ever tried. I can't say enough how good it really is, and it lost none of its efficacy.
I did, however, wake up at midnight absolutely starving (not a fault of the G8). I smashed a packet of pop tarts. I slept the rest of the night. Slight hangover this morning, but I took a full scoop. 3/4 scoop tonight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What flavor is the new flavor? I tried lemon the last couple days and thought that it was excellent.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What flavor is the new flavor? I tried lemon the last couple days and thought that it was excellent.
It's still the same name (Lemon Freeze) but the flavor itself is different from the original. Phenibut is very hard to mask, as was apparent in the original formulation, but the new formula does an excellent job of it. If you have the new formula (40 serving tub) then you're tasting the same product as me. As of now, the only flavor that's available is the Lemon Freeze, and with as good as it tastes, I can't see a reason to introduce another flavor.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's still the same name (Lemon Freeze) but the flavor itself is different from the original. Phenibut is very hard to mask, as was apparent in the original formulation, but the new formula does an excellent job of it. If you have the new formula (40 serving tub) then you're tasting the same product as me. As of now, the only flavor that's available is the Lemon Freeze, and with as good as it tastes, I can't see a reason to introduce another flavor.
Mine was a few ziploc samples from my brother. I swapped him a couple ziploc scoops of Stimul8, so I'll check with him what it is. I was just saying last night though on my Stimul8 log that the taste of it may be the best supp I've ever had, so no doubt it's probably the newer tub.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine was a few ziploc samples from my brother. I swapped him a couple ziploc scoops of Stimul8, so I'll check with him what it is. I was just saying last night though on my Stimul8 log that the taste of it may be the best supp I've ever had, so no doubt it's probably the newer tub.
Yeah, Drew has the new tub, no doubt. The old stuff, most people found that mixing it with Apple Fusion BCAA/SAA made the taste more tolerable. The new stuff though is easier for those same people to drink solo. I never had a problem with the old flavoring though. I'd just pour a scoop onto my tongue and swig some water and be done with it.
Supp swapping for the win!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually enjoy the old flavor. Which is good because I did get a couple more tubs just as the new flavoring system came out. That said, looking forward to trying the new one.

Really like how you utilize the white board for planning workouts..

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just had an old man die under my hands while performing CPR. Talk about a shïtty feeling.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just had an old man die under my hands while performing CPR. Talk about a shïtty feeling.
That really sucks man. Are you an EMT?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you watch the video? Used it to make sure he was aligned correctly for the dead lift.
Yeah Yeah sure... the video. But there are soooo many uses for a broomstick.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
He's doing okay considering. He will return soon. Some days just suck :-(.

Sorry Dave I feel for you homie

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Sorry to hear that Dave, I had something similar happen a few years back and it sucks pretty bad. Feel for you man.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright peeps. Today was weird... I sat down at samurai noodle, by the window where I can watch people, because it's fun. Normal day, nice and cold with a good amount of foot traffic. I ordered my food, tetsu hellfire as usual (chilled egg noodles with a spicy red broth containing bamboo shoots, nori, trimmed pork and spices) and took a drink of water. Out of the corner of my eye, as I was replying to FRANKReynolds ,an older gentleman collapses literally 6" from me (there was a window between us and that's all). I dropped everything on the table and bolted outside. My partner was three seconds behind me. There were people gathered around this man looking at him like he was some strange animal. I knelt beside him and checked for responsiveness. He wasn't there. His breathing was labored and his eyes were closed. I repositioned his head to ensure his airway was unobstructed, and opened his mouth to see if his tongue was out of the way and his throat was clear. I removed my uniform top and put it under his head, as the concrete was quite cold. I don't wear anything but a t-shirt under my uniform so I wasn't exactly warm at that point. I checked him for radial pulse. Nothing. Carotid pulse, nothing. A lady dialed 911. I started chest compressions and told the lady to put dispatch on speaker so I could speak with her. She told me to continue chest compressions until the paramedics arrived. According to my partner, this lasted about 8 minutes. They replaced me with all of their cool gadgetry and expertise and worked on him for about twenty minutes before putting him in the wagon. During my tenure as his first responder, I witnessed his last breath, a deep, peaceful one and I felt the life leave his body. I continued trying to resuscitate him. The EMTs requested me and my partner stay on site to keep pedestrians at bay. We did. Once my information was given to the lead EMT, I returned to my table and watched them work on him. I watched them put him in the wagon and I headed to the restroom to rinse my face and wash my hands. Just before I got the the restroom, the lead EMT called my name, shook my hand, and told me that my efforts saved that man's life. He told me that they established a pulse prior to getting him into the ambulance, and that they were going to deliver him alive. I'm not sure whether he was trying to make me feel less guilty, or if the man was really alive again. Either way, I did my best and I hope the best for him and his family. He was carrying a home gym thing in his shopping bag. The kind you hang up in a doorway and do pullups on. Irony. I've seen a lot of people die. Today was the first time anyone has died under my hand. He was roughly 65-70 years old. I don't understand people and how they can freeze in a time of action. Why stare at a helpless man when you can at least reassure him while he's living his final minutes/seconds? It doesn't take much to change the outcome of another person's life. Eight minutes is enough, as I experienced today.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dave, sorry about the experience man, but it is great to know that you did what you were trained to do and were actually able to help someone, or at least respond, when others were not so capable. It really does man you think about a lot. Crazy how one thing can make us reconsider everything. It is really interesting though that they said they reacquired a pulse... If you find out for sure this will be a great story. Either way you did your best and were able to take care of him in his time of need when no one else would or could. So great job to you man.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Alright peeps. Today was weird... I sat down at samurai noodle, by the window where I can watch people, because it's fun. Normal day, nice and cold with a good amount of foot traffic. I ordered my food, tetsu hellfire as usual (chilled egg noodles with a spicy red broth containing bamboo shoots, nori, trimmed pork and spices) and took a drink of water. Out of the corner of my eye, as I was replying to FRANKReynolds ,an older gentleman collapses literally 6" from me (there was a window between us and that's all). I dropped everything on the table and bolted outside. My partner was three seconds behind me. There were people gathered around this man looking at him like he was some strange animal. I knelt beside him and checked for responsiveness. He wasn't there. His breathing was labored and his eyes were closed. I repositioned his head to ensure his airway was unobstructed, and opened his mouth to see if his tongue was out of the way and his throat was clear. I removed my uniform top and put it under his head, as the concrete was quite cold. I don't wear anything but a t-shirt under my uniform so I wasn't exactly warm at that point. I checked him for radial pulse. Nothing. Carotid pulse, nothing. A lady dialed 911. I started chest compressions and told the lady to put dispatch on speaker so I could speak with her. She told me to continue chest compressions until the paramedics arrived. According to my partner, this lasted about 8 minutes. They replaced me with all of their cool gadgetry and expertise and worked on him for about twenty minutes before putting him in the wagon. During my tenure as his first responder, I witnessed his last breath, a deep, peaceful one and I felt the life leave his body. I continued trying to resuscitate him. The EMTs requested me and my partner stay on site to keep pedestrians at bay. We did. Once my information was given to the lead EMT, I returned to my table and watched them work on him. I watched them put him in the wagon and I headed to the restroom to rinse my face and wash my hands. Just before I got the the restroom, the lead EMT called my name, shook my hand, and told me that my efforts saved that man's life. He told me that they established a pulse prior to getting him into the ambulance, and that they were going to deliver him alive. I'm not sure whether he was trying to make me feel less guilty, or if the man was really alive again. Either way, I did my best and I hope the best for him and his family. He was carrying a home gym thing in his shopping bag. The kind you hang up in a doorway and do pullups on. Irony. I've seen a lot of people die. Today was the first time anyone has died under my hand. He was roughly 65-70 years old. I don't understand people and how they can freeze in a time of action. Why stare at a helpless man when you can at least reassure him while he's living his final minutes/seconds? It doesn't take much to change the outcome of another person's life. Eight minutes is enough, as I experienced today.
Wow. You are, as I've stated many times, a great selfless human being. I hope the pain subsides knowing you did more for this man than most probably would have. Much respect btother

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe that is called the bystander effect. They want to help, but do not know how, or think someone else will. What you were able to do in that instant is nothing short of amazing. That man had a better chance in your care than without it. I do hope the paramedics were being sincere and I'm sorry you had to experience that. Hugs.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Great work Troop, makes any other events on the day seem trivial. You did an amazing thing, be proud!!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's an awesome story! It makes you realize how a few seconds can be the difference between life and death. I mean, 10 seconds earlier or later and you wouldn't have seen him collapse and who knows if someone else was around with the heart and mind to act as you did. By all the people standing around I'd say chances are good that there wasn't. You're a hero bro, be proud of what you did! Hell, I'm proud to just know you on these boards and I'm sure everyone else is too.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone has pretty much already covered everything I was gonna say...your the man buddy

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys. Moving forward...

http://youtu.be/xn2A_dXoIAA

I didn't make up for my crappy bench day yesterday. I'm pretty much chalking yesterday up as a total loss. Instead I did the prescribed workout, because today is a day off from The Cube.

Warmup
400m run
50 jumping jacks
Arm swings (10 each direction)
Over and backs x10
Leg swings (10 each direction)
Groiners
Mobi climbers
Burgener 1-6
Foam and lax work on my own, intermittent jump rope work.

Bar weight/2 rounds
2 hang cleans
2 front squats
2 push press

Workout
21-15-9
Power cleans from the ground (115lbs)/wall balls (20lb med ball)
6:04 complete

Finisher
Hanging knee raise. (Raise knees to parallel, hold for time.) 3 rounds
1:15/:45/:50 (grip failed before abs)

3/4 scoop Stimul8 to start things off. This is my sweet spot. A full scoop is too much for me and quite honestly, Stimul8 is a little strong for crossfit geared workouts (well, it takes some getting used to). I'm pretty stim sensitive anymore though.

Squats tomorrow.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bird flew the coop this morning...if you know what I'm sayin ;).

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20131213 (Friday the 13th)

http://youtu.be/1TFdBysrgRA
Whitechapel, Breeding Violence. Enjoy.

Cube W2D3 rep squats

Comp stance
220x3x8

Front squats
175x2x8

Heavy barbell walks (not sure if this is Lilly's intent, but I don't care).
355x8 trips
http://youtu.be/mRj-Nkfft20

Box step-ups
245x3xVarying reps (8 per leg at least)
http://youtu.be/YcU7_ayjB_4

Didn't do pause squats or pull-ups. My right brachialis is, at least strained. Giving it a break for a bit on the pull-ups.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, got results back on my AC joint. After X-rays were read, turns out it's a level 2 out of 3. 3 is complete separation, 2 is cutting it close. Oh well.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Also, got results back on my AC joint. After X-rays were read, turns out it's a level 2 out of 3. 3 is complete separation, 2 is cutting it close. Oh well.
Looks like you're gonna need a tune up here pretty soon old man...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
arggh .. welcome to old age brosef
ain't nuttin but a thang

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Crazy lunch then aye. Good job on taking action, people are weird. All training begins with pointing at someone and telling them to get help for a reason, as you very well know. Anyway sucks about the injury. Get better fast crazyface

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you're gonna need a tune up here pretty soon old man...
Oh well. Such is life.
Yeah. Hard headed fker.
And you're not?
arggh .. welcome to old age brosef ain't nuttin but a thang
Thank you, and I totally agree.
Musta been the CF
Although I know you're being a smartass , some people would like to place the blame there. It's pre-existing from July when I made a diving catch playing softball.
Crazy lunch then aye. Good job on taking action, people are weird. All training begins with pointing at someone and telling them to get help for a reason, as you very well know. Anyway sucks about the injury. Get better fast crazyface
Thanks buddy. Crazy it was.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

http://youtu.be/47Plg93oJ1M
Thy Art is Murder "Reign of Darkness"

OHP day (but not quite)

image-1110573678.jpg

image-1257651255.jpg

Made it through a bunch of rounds and called it quits once my hand tore open. Sucks cleaning blood off the pull-up bar and the barbell.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No gym today. Moved DL day to tomorrow for the sake of the hand.
On a positive note, I'm eating venison jerky right now and it's goddamn amazeballs.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
No gym today. Moved DL day to tomorrow for the sake of the hand. On a positive note, I'm eating venison jerky right now and it's goddamn amazeballs.
Psh. I'm jealous too. I love jerky