Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I won the Scivation & Primaforce Pick Your Stack Promo so thank you to The Solution, 1Fast400 , Scivation and Primaforce for this great opportunity !! After looking over the products that were available for this opportunity I decided to go with Scivations Xtend & Flexatril, BCAA's are Great For Recovery and you can not train at 100% if your joints ache (being 58 and having 30 years of train under my belt, my joints ache) I also got the Primaforce Sleep Stack consisting of Primaforce ZMA, 5-HTP & Phenibut, we all know you don't grow in the gym without proper rest and recovery.

Xend Stack.JPG

I will be using all the Scivation and Primaforce as per label directions. Xtend Perform Intrim Workout, and Xtend Before Bed along with the Primaforce ZMA, 5-HTP & Phenibut.

Tomorrow, Monday will be the first official training day of my log, I will try to include as much information as possible and look forward to your input, advice and question. Please follow along and enjoy the ride.

Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash smith_69 rtmilburn alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda coltonwalker Studhorse blueline438 vujade Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook halfhuman ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 BloodManor LiveToLift angcd3 br1ck_Sh1thouse twistedfords justhere4comm ryane87 LiveToLift love2liftkat NurseGray puccah8808 AlTiTuDe06 BEAST73 yates84 br1ck_Sh1thouse

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn my man! In-side-this.
Curious about the 5-HTP and Phenibut.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy ****ing **** that's a lot of free stuff.... god damn! In as well
It was very generous, but I must disclose The Xtend Perform and (1) of the Flexatril were not included in the Free Package.

Damn my man! In-side-this.
Curious about the 5-HTP and Phenibut.
Me Too !!

Did I invite GreenMachineX Afi140 koltink bighulksmash

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
0 need to take xtend before bed.
Take 1 scoop perform pre-workout and 1 scoop intra-workout (4g Peak 02 is the studied dose)
Flexatril 6 caps for 7 days (loading) then 3 caps from then on out.

For the sleep stack
3 Caps ZMA + 2 5-HTP 30 minutes prior to bed
Pheinbut you can take 500-750mg per day (Split up into 2-3 doses)

That is how you should set up and utilize the stack. If your meeting protein intake the need for BCAA's prior to bed is a waste. Use them when they are most effective around your workout, and then go home and eat some food!

The only other times BCAA's may be necessary are dosed between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart, or dosed with a meal that has inadequate protein (Say you get all trace from cheese, nuts, nut butters etc) and you need to supplement to get at least 3-5g leucine at that meal for maximum MPS. For most people they eat enough protein and use enough whey in a 24 hour period to meet their minimums for protein powder. Therefore the extra free forms of protein or additional BCAA prior to bed is not necessary.

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
Optimal Protein Intake And Meal Frequency To Support Maximal Protein

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The reason for the BCAA's before bed is I train in the AM (4;30) fasted and have found them to be beneficial.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The reason for the BCAA's before bed is I train in the AM (4;30) fasted and have found them to be beneficial.
A good quote from Alan Aragon:
" This is a big point that people always miss. If your protein intake is optimized, you're getting enough BCAA"
"

Therefore if your eating enough protein in the day (with supplementing whey to reach that intake). You have met your intake, and therefore the common phrase "More is not better".
Not to mention this will allow you to utilize the products at the most opportune times (Which for you is pre/intra workout for fasted training..

Take that dose and use it prior to working out (hence 1 scoop perform pre and 1 intra) ~10g BCAA's.
Just like how the fasted training guide is set up on leangains.com.
http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

That is how you should set it up, and follow up with meal 1 after fasted training.

Even in a caloric deficit if you have met protein intake it wont benefit you taking an extra dose prior to bed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27175106
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22451437
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20110810
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15930475
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25429252/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26388782/

Which again for most people who get at least 1g/lb are getting more then enough.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They are not beneficial taken prior to bed. You have met your protein intake for the day if you are eating/meeting protein intake.
They will do absolutely nothing.

Take that dose and use it prior to working out (hence 1 scoop perform pre and 1 intra) ~10g BCAA's. Just like how the fasted training guide is set up on leangains.com.

That is how you should set it up, and follow up with meal 1 after fasted training.

Even in a caloric deficit if you have met protein intake it wont benefit you taking an extra dose prior to bed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27175106
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22451437
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20110810
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15930475
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25429252/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26388782/

A good quote from Alan Aragon:
" This is a big point that people always miss. If your protein intake is optimized, you're getting enough BCAA"
"

Which again for most people who get at least 1g/lb are getting more then enough.
Always willing to learn and try something different, (1) Scoop Pre (1) Intra

Nice Read !!! Thank you.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Always willing to learn and try something different, (1) Scoop Pre (1) Intra
Ill make you a deal.
Run the dosing I have outlined, meet your macros and protein intake, and drop your before bed serving of xtend.
If you don't see progress I will owe you a dozen cookies from Chef Bob's kitchen.

How is that?

What does your diet look like for your cut?
What other supplements are you taking around your training?
I would suggest at least 30-50g of pre/intra-workout carbs which would really benefit your training especially in a fasted state.

Options to consider: HBCD, Waxy Maize, Dextrose

I personally like Glycofuse (HBCD) or Karbolyn. They settle the easiest. Not only will this help your performance, it is giving the body what it wants in the most opportune time.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill make you a deal.
Run the dosing I have outlined, meet your macros and protein intake, and drop your before bed serving of xtend.
If you don't see progress I will owe you a dozen cookies from Chef Bob's kitchen.

How is that?

I would suggest at least 30-50g of pre/intra-workout carbs which would really benefit your training especially in a fasted state.

I personally like Glycofuse (HBCD) or Karbolyn. They settle the easiest. Not only will this help your performance, it is giving the body what it wants in the most opportune time.
HBCD + Peptopro for pre/intra/ post = bye bye DOMS and welcome nice recovery. And you can preform much longer and better

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
HBCD + Peptopro for pre/intra/ post = bye bye DOMS and welcome nice recovery. And you can preform much longer and better
Depends on Rockets Carb intake for his cut just the glycofuse alone will do leaps and bounds for his recovery, and providing optimal performance for fasted AM Training. I know for myself who trains 3-4 times a week in a fasted state upon waking. Having those peri-workout carbs makes a DRASTIC difference in recovery.

I just want to make sure he is setting himself up for optimal training... Getting in some carbs in his last meal before bed, around training, and post-workout which would be the most opportune times in his situation and how he sets up his training.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on Rockets Carb intake for his cut just the glycofuse alone will do leaps and bounds for his recovery, and providing optimal performance for fasted AM Training. I know for myself who trains 3-4 times a week in a fasted state upon waking. Having those peri-workout carbs makes a DRASTIC difference in recovery.

I just want to make sure he is setting himself up for optimal training... Getting in some carbs in his last meal before bed, around training, and post-workout which would be the most opportune times in his situation and how he sets up his training.
Sure :) i was talking for my self lol

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Nice stack!! (not something you normally hear said to a guy :)).

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ill make you a deal.

How is that?

Dude he bet you cookies, now you gotta try it out.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Step 1)
Go to Youtube
Step 2)
Youtube "Bkupniewski"
Step 3)
Watch videos of all my recipes
Step 4)
Follow instructions
Step 5)
Enjoy
Didn't know you had a YouTube. Got some questions for you then haha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang I'm jealous!! Nice Stack!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Innnnnnnn

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ill make you a deal.

How is that?

I will follow the supplementation you have out lined no problem. My body does not tolerate carbs well, they seam to be stored as fat rather than burnt as energy so I will keep them fairly low. Calories should be 1800-2000 per day .

For anyone who does not already know, Bob's Cookies are Awesome !!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will follow the supplementation you have out lined no problem. My body does not tolerate carbs well, they seam to be stored as fat rather than burnt as energy so I will keep them fairly low. Calories should be 1800-2000 per day .

For anyone who does not already know, Bob's Cookies are Awesome !!!
Then intake at least 30-50 of your carbs you do consume around your training via HBCD, Waxy Maize, Karbolyn etc.. make the rest of your meals P+F based. = Win Win..

Make the most of your training and give the body what it wants around your workout. Your performance/endurance will increase leaps and bounds.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 1 Body Weight 194

I will be training Fasted in the AM for the course of this log. Workouts will last about (1) hour.

Supplements
Pre-Workout (misc. from my stash) mixed with Xtend Perform Black Cherry (1) Scoop
Intra Xtend Grape mixed with 5 gram Creatine
With Meals Scivations Flexatril (6 per day first 10 days) Multi-Vitamin, Fish Oil
Before Bed Primaforce ZMA (3 per day), 5-HTP (1 per day) & Phenibut (1 per day) & Fiber Supplement

Training All Sets Super Set

Pec Dec (1) 70x30 (2) 90x25 (3) 120x20
Overhead Tricep Extensions (1) 50x20 (2) 55x20 (3) 60x18 (4) 65x16 (5) 70x15

Incline Bench (1) 65x25 (2) 95x20 (3) 115x20 (4) 135x15 (5) 155x10
Tricep Bench Dips Body Weight (1) 10 (2) 12 (3) 8

Ab Work

Nutrition

Fat grams 62
Carbs grams 117
Protein grams 190
Total Calories 1,732

Diet was on point today, about 10 grams short of protein but very happy with it. Sleep last night was pretty good, I would say a little better than average, but I sure will get better as I up the 5-HTP & Phenibut, I am starting at a very low dose and will increase as I assess my tolerance. Training went very well this morning, endurance was above average, this is the first time I have mixed BCAA's with my Pre-Workout, I think I am going to like that combo. I need to get some HBCD, Waxy Maize, Dextrose or something similar to mix in with my Pre also. Bottom line Day 1, done and I am Very Happy !!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only 1700 calories? Holy **** I'd ****ign die

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Keep your calories as high as possible. That is the best way to diet. Don't tank them right off the bat, because when you stall then you have little room for change unless you want to slave yourself to cardio to lose weight and get in shape.
Then when cardio is super high, coritsol levels go through the roof, your risking more muscle loss, and its going to really impair your mood and recovery.

If you can still lose and eat around 2000-2200 do so.. and keep cardio as minimal as possible. This way when you stall you have flexibility to drop kcals and add cardio. where as if you drop kcals real low right off the bat you will put yourself into starvation mode very fast, and leave you for a misreable cut.

When you work up to 3 servings of pheinbut and 2 5-HTP your sleep will be rock solid .

Since you are getting over 100g of carbs a day i would do this..

tack around 30-40g in your last meal of the day (carb of your choice) get the rest throughout the day from veggies + Protein + Fat meals
So Pre/intra-workout = Xtend + Xtend Perform + 30-50g Carbs (HBCD, Waxy Maize, Karbolyn)
Meal 1 - ?? ---> Protein + Fat + Veggies
Last meal --> Protein + Carbs + rest of fat for the day.

Should be a great setup for you to aid your training and give you some extra carbs before you go to bed to fill you up for early morning training.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1 Body Weight 194

I will be training Fasted in the AM for the course of this log. Workouts will last about (1) hour.

Supplements
Pre-Workout (misc. from my stash) mixed with Xtend Perform Black Cherry (1) Scoop
Intra Xtend Grape mixed with 5 gram Creatine
With Meals Scivations Flexatril (6 per day first 10 days) Multi-Vitamin, Fish Oil
Before Bed Primaforce ZMA (3 per day), 5-HTP (1 per day) & Phenibut (1 per day) & Fiber Supplement

Training All Sets Super Set

Pec Dec (1) 70x30 (2) 90x25 (3) 120x20
Overhead Tricep Extensions (1) 50x20 (2) 55x20 (3) 60x18 (4) 65x16 (5) 70x15

Incline Bench (1) 65x25 (2) 95x20 (3) 115x20 (4) 135x15 (5) 155x10
Tricep Bench Dips Body Weight (1) 10 (2) 12 (3) 8

Ab Work

Nutrition

Fat grams 62
Carbs grams 117
Protein grams 190
Total Calories 1,732

Diet was on point today, about 10 grams short of protein but very happy with it. Sleep last night was pretty good, I would say a little better than average, but I sure will get better as I up the 5-HTP & Phenibut, I am starting at a very low dose and will increase as I assess my tolerance. Training went very well this morning, endurance was above average, this is the first time I have mixed BCAA's with my Pre-Workout, I think I am going to like that combo. I need to get some HBCD, Waxy Maize, Dextrose or something similar to mix in with my Pre also. Bottom line Day 1, done and I am Very Happy !!
I'm impressed! 190 grams of protein in 1732 cals.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Attachments