Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off, thank you Apex Alchemy and @xR1pp3Rx , @Renew1 & @nostrum420 for the opportiunity to run this log. Apex Alchemy sent me four bottle (Yes 4) of their Flash Point Glycyrrhetinic Acid Site-Specific Fat Reducing Formula. I will be appling 50mg (1ml) after my morning shower to my Love Handles and Abs too start. I will be following a nutrition program of about 1800 calories a day with 185g Protein. 100g (or less) Carbs and about 70g fat. I will start tomorrow morning (6/27/21 Monday). I will record my Body Weight, Navel Measurement, and my Nutrition.

Flash Point.jpg

If you have a question please ask !!

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
The best of luck with the run , I need something like that , i will be following !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This list is about three years old, but we will give it a try

@The Solution @rtmilburn @SFreed @CJNator @HIT4ME @wesb2387 @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @blueline438 @lifted67 @smith_69 @rtmilburn @FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen @justhere4comm @matt8483 @ryane87 @nostrum420 @mmorso @HIT4ME @thebigt @Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 @TNlifting @BEAST73 @Tank999 @BloodManor @angcd3 @habajaba @mmorso @cwages @TheMyth @DemntedCowboy @lukehayd @thebigt @Oconns28 @jalfrey @bloodnthunder @jtmass @Martyfnemec @christ83189 @GrizzleB @BOSSMAN @chedapalooza @christ83189 @love2liftkat @LiveToLift @Studhorse @stacy1212 @thebigt @musclemaker

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this - really interesting product

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will be following a nutrition program of about 1800 calories a day with 185g Protein. 100g (or less) Carbs and about 70g fat.

View attachment 206162

If you have a question please ask !!
The carbs seems as if they might be on the high side (to me). Have you ever considered lower carbs/higher (healthy) fat? Right now I am paying the price for being not active enough over the past year, and I am targeting about 30 grams of carbs (and those are fibrous), with the balance split between protein and fat.

Not criticizing at all - just hoping to understand the rationale.

Does it retain any sort of licorice-like scent?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The carbs seems as if they might be on the high side (to me). Have you ever considered lower carbs/higher (healthy) fat? Right now I am paying the price for being not active enough over the past year, and I am targeting about 30 grams of carbs (and those are fibrous), with the balance split between protein and fat.

Not criticizing at all - just hoping to understand the rationale.

Does it retain any sort of licorice-like scent?
I have never done a low carb diet, it might be worth a try. It has a pepermint scent.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In on this, brother! Looking forward to the results!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@xR1pp3Rx , @Renew1 & @nostrum420
I noticed @ZOO is using dosing twice a day, is this what I should be doing ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in on this bud, just got mine up too! Starting with 2 doses a day myself to see how that goes, will try 1 in AM and 1 in PM.

I see somethings about this stimulating cortisol which could provide energy, but one of the things I read said Licorice also can kick up GABA and help with sleep so curious which way that will go in the evenings.

I did not find that mine had any scent at all, well not like an added scent. Just a slight chemical scent until I put my shirt on.

Reactions: ZOO
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 1 weight in 188lbs and a measurement around my navel of 39 inches.

Application
I have changed my mind and I will be applying 1ml twice per day.

AM Fasted Workout
I did 8 sets of chest, 8 sets of triceps along with some lower back and foam rolling this morning.

Nutrition
Calories 1492 - Fat 55g - Carbs 60g - Protein 184g My calories are a little low today, it was almost to hot to eat. I just drank a lot of water.

I was going to post a pic of my love handles, but I thought dinner was much more attractive !!

How are these carbs @Beau ?

Grill 06 28 21.jpg

Last edited:
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Application

AM Fasted Workout
I did 8 sets of chest, 8 sets of triceps along with some lower back and foam rolling this morning.

Nutrition
Calories 1492 - Fat 55g - Carbs 60g - Protein 184g My calories are a little low today, it was almost to hot to eat. I just drank a lot of water.

I was going to post a pic of my love handles, but I thought dinner was much more attractive !!

View attachment 206211
Well as a point of reference:

1 cup of corn has approx. 41 grams of carbs, 5 of which are fiber, so 36 net Carb grams.
2 cups of iceberg lettuce in about 3.4 grams (lettuce is one of the lowest carb vegetables), and about half of that is fiber.

60 grams of carbs (or about 38 net grams, in this case) is unlikely to allow your body to go into ketosis, but it is a heck of a lot better than going a lot higher. Most Ketogenic diet guidelines recommend you stay between 15 - 30g of net carbohydrates per day, or 5-10% of total calories.

But, for example, if you substituted 1 cup broccoli for 1 cup of corn, you would have had something like 11 or 12 grams of carbs (vs 41), and 6 net grams (rather than 36).

Theoretically, the broccoli and lettuce combo would allow you to go into ketosis (if prolonged).

For those who are interested in the glycemic index:

The glycemic index of corn is about 53 which falls under medium GI category.
The glycemic index of lettuce is 15 which falls under low GI category.

The glycemic index is a value assigned to foods based on how slowly or how quickly those foods cause increases in blood glucose levels. Foods low on the glycemic index (GI) scale tend to release glucose slowly and steadily. Foods high on the glycemic index release glucose rapidly. Low GI foods tend to foster weight loss, while foods high on the GI scale help with energy recovery after exercise.

As additional information - the glycemic index of broccoli is also 15 (low GI category).

[Edited to correct a typo error]

Here is some (very incomplete) information on the glycemic index.

Just for grins, you might see if you can hit about 30 grams of carbs/day for a week - and see how you feel.

Since ... you asked.

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m in for sure! Dinner looks delicious!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well as a point of reference:

1 cup of corn has approx. 41 grams of carbs, 5 of which are fiber, so 36 net Carb grams.
2 cups of iceberg lettuce in about 3.4 grams (lettuce is one of the lowest carb vegetables), and about half of that is fiber.

60 grams of carbs (or about 38 net grams, in this case) is unlikely to allow your body to go into ketosis, but it is a heck of a lot better than going a lot higher. Most Ketogenic diet guidelines recommend you stay between 15 - 30g of net carbohydrates per day, or 5-10% of total calories.

But, for example, if you substituted 1 cup broccoli for 1 cup of corn, you would have had something like 11 or 12 grams of carbs (vs 41), and 6 net grams (rather than 36).

Theoretically, the broccoli and lettuce combo would allow you to go into ketosis (if prolonged).

For those who are interested in the glycemic index:

The glycemic index of corn is about 53 which falls under medium GI category.
The glycemic index of lettuce is 15 which falls under low GI category.

The glycemic index is a value assigned to foods based on how slowly or how quickly those foods cause increases in blood glucose levels. Foods low on the glycemic index (GI) scale tend to release glucose slowly and steadily. Foods high on the glycemic index release glucose rapidly. Low GI foods tend to foster weight loss, while foods high on the GI scale help with energy recovery after exercise.

As additional information - the glycemic index of broccoli is also 15 (low GI category).

[Edited to correct a typo error]

Here is some (very incomplete) information on the glycemic index.

Just for grins, you might see if you can hit about 30 grams of carbs/day for a week - and see how you feel.

Since ... you asked.

Baby steps !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Application

AM Fasted Workout

Nutrition

View attachment 206211
I will second that thought! ;) Food looks good!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unless eating your carbohydrates alone in a vacuum the glycemic index really doesn't matter much. It is really the glycemic load of the entire meal that counts there and protein, fats. and fiber will all lower the glycemic index of carbohydrates.

@Rocket3015 I don't really know that KETO is going to benefit you that much anyway. You do not seem to have any insulin sensitivty issues and easily get down into the single digit body fat with out it. I would recommend you continue to diet in a way that makes you comfortable while being effective. Bottom line is that calories in vs calories out wins the day every single time. Lots of different methods and lots of different preferences for everyone but they are all within 1% difference when you start looking at actual effectiveness of fat loss and time. Certainly some benefits to keeping insulin lower in the AM when it comes to fat burning, and muscle retention but even those are minimal in the end. No need to change the winning recipe you already have unless you just aren't comfortable or satisfied with it any longer.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 2 weight in 187lbs

Application
1ml am, 1ml pm to the waist area (aka love handles)

AM Fasted Workout
I did 5 sets of back, 5 sets of bi's, I felt really strange in an unhealthy way so I stopped the workout there. I rest about a half an hour and came but and did abs and some foam rolling I felt much better. I ate breakfast, got a shower went to work and felt fine all day. ????????????

Nutrition
Calories 1,387 - Fat 46g - Carbs 60g - Protein 177g

When I first opened my bottle of Apex Alchemy Flash Point I swear it smelled like peppermint, but now I done smell it, it has more of a solvent smell, nothing strong you have to try to smell it. It applies very well and I can put my shirt on with in minutes of applying it.

Here I am at 188lbs, Love Handles and all !!

Love Handles 6 21.jpg

No Laughing !!!!

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unless eating your carbohydrates alone in a vacuum the glycemic index really doesn't matter much. It is really the glycemic load of the entire meal that counts there and protein, fats. and fiber will all lower the glycemic index of carbohydrates.

@Rocket3015 I don't really know that KETO is going to benefit you that much anyway. You do not seem to have any insulin sensitivty issues and easily get down into the single digit body fat with out it. I would recommend you continue to diet in a way that makes you comfortable while being effective. Bottom line is that calories in vs calories out wins the day every single time. Lots of different methods and lots of different preferences for everyone but they are all within 1% difference when you start looking at actual effectiveness of fat loss and time. Certainly some benefits to keeping insulin lower in the AM when it comes to fat burning, and muscle retention but even those are minimal in the end. No need to change the winning recipe you already have unless you just aren't comfortable or satisfied with it any longer.

Thank you for your thoughts here, I am not trying to go keto, I just am trying to stay away from to many carbs, under 100 grams a day is my goal. I believe simple carbs may me want to binge, I love sweets !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Laugh? I’m just admiring the abs! Looking great!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keto is definitely a hard diet for me personally but if it was easy everyone would be shredded right ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keto is definitely a hard diet for me personally but if it was easy everyone would be shredded right ;)
I actually find keto quite easy personally as it helps with me avoiding the cravings brought on by blood sugar fluctuations. However I most definitely perform better with carbs in the mix. I just have to find my balance but for cutting I haven't found much for me that beats a combo of the Carb Nite Approach and the Intermittent Fasting.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Keto worries me given the effect of high fat meals on blood plasma, but maybe it works for some.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Keto worries me given the effect of high fat meals on blood plasma, but maybe it works for some.
I have had really good results on high fat, mostly because I am very intentional about which fats I use.

My last blood work (6-21) came back great. Thanks to the supplements I have been taking, and my blood donations, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit were also great; much lower than the last few times.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 3 weight in 186lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Today was everyone's favorite, fasted cardio 36 minutes on the treadmill, heart rate 130 BPM. Plus I did about 10 minutes of core work.

Nutrition
Calories 1,597 - Fat 57g - Carbs 83g - Protein 185g

Everything is going well, no skin irritation, no unwanted side effects. Life is good!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In bro. Stoked for this. Even though my name isn’t on that massive list

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In as well. I'm impressed at how visible your abs still are, Rocket. Unlike a lot of people, you hold extra pounds quite well. See the way it's evenly distributed around your midsection instead of sloping down past your hips? You're a great candidate for this product. Excited to see how you progress!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In bro. Stoked for this. Even though my name isn’t on that massive list
I will try anf fixed that !! Welcome

In as well. I'm impressed at how visible your abs still are, Rocket. Unlike a lot of people, you hold extra pounds quite well. See the way it's evenly distributed around your midsection instead of sloping down past your hips? You're a great candidate for this product. Excited to see how you progress!
I hope great Candidie equals Great Results, Thank you for your kind words.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4 weight in 185lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
This morning was shoulders, I managed to get 20 sets in plus ab work, but my butt was dragging, I don't think I have enough fuel it the tank. So today I will eat.

Nutrition
Calories 2,277 - Fat 82g - Carbs 208g - Protein 175g

Once a month we buy lunch for all the employees, today we got subs from a little Amish Deli, they were really good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer