Review of Bobo's services.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
When I first ordered Bobo's deluxe muscle building package I was a bit skeptical of the way the diet was going to be written out and the way the workouts were going to be put together. I was into the lower carb craze and wasn't accustomed to high carb intake. About a day or two after I ordered I received a phone call from Bobo and we began to talk about what I was looking to get out of the program. He was extremely friendly and talked with me for the better part of the 30 minutes, which surprised me to some degree. Didn't rush me off the phone or anything like that, whcih was a plus in my book.

He told me I would be starting that Sunday and that he would get the program to me by then. I received the packet in my e-mail and looked throught it. It was put together very well and professionally and was even easy to print out and it still looked good. The diet was laid out nice and had 6 meals for each day listed on a paper. You can mix and match the meals however you like except for the pre and post workout meals. The foods were a bit monotonous but nonetheless effective. I think the best way to get through this program as far as the diet is concerned is to find alternate substitutes to some of the foods such as tuna and eat them once in a while. Most of the time when I went out for long periods of time to friends house I would have to bring food with me in a small cooler becuase there was no way I was going to be able to eat all that food in one day if I hadn't. The food, most of which is canned, is fairly easy to transport and usually doesn't require you to heat it back up or anything.

The workout plan was longer than I was used to and definitely higher volume then I was used to. In some cases it was nicer to stay in there a little bit longer and truly feel my muscles getting worked. I am still trying to figure out if I like the 5 day workout I was given but so far it seems to be working so although it is hard to get motivation to workout 5 days a week I push myself to go. The gains were very good throughout the program as long as I was getting the required amount of food. I was gaining roughly .5 lbs a week if not slightly more. The muscle memory was definitely there (I had just gotten out of the military where I lost a lot of weight). My knee was still injured so it prevented me from doing most of the leg workouts and that I am sure hampered my gains.

Bobo is fairly easy to get in contact with. He is sometimes overwhelmed, which can sometimse make it harder to get through but be persistant and as soon as he gets a chance he will write you back even if it's very late at night, which were some cases with me.

Overall I think that anyone who needs help with their diet and training routine and is looking for a change and a way to add some extra muscle should definitely give it a try. What have ya got to lose ;).

Ups- Outstanding service, friendliness, quality.
Downs- Price and often monotonous diets but if the diets weren't monotonous then everyone would be big and ripped. You have to do what works. (I for one was used to this so it wasn't too bad)

I tried to write an unbiased review in taht I showed the ups and downs instead of making it one sided. Constructive criticism more than anything else.

Thanks Bobo! :drunk: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Good job! I`ve considered the fat plan, but with a possible layoff looming I`ve got to wait and see.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I see you said a down was the price.

I am not sure how closely he was monitoring you or if he gave you a program and you were on your own.

But to give you a reference point for normal charges I have seen in the past for other trainers for JUST a diet Plan. NO Workout Plan is between $450 and $600 for 10 to 12 weeks. Now this would include having you report your weight, if you followed the diet exactly right and how your strength is in the gym. THen according to your report the trainer would change your diet plan. This is also guys who have competed on stage and have trained others who have competed in BB>

So going on that Bobo gave an eating plan AND workout program, if you had contact with him say just 3 - 4 times a week I would expect a good price would be $350 to $450 and if he did close monitoring heck with diet and workout changes a fair price could be $500 to even $700 NO KIDDING>

Now since I do not THINK he has trained competetors maybe knock off 10 % But I think if you paid anthing around $300 to $400 you got your monies worth IMO.

BTW I don't know Bobo, so this is just MY experience with other trainers.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Lakemount even though you gave me "downsides" :D

But its all true and the diet gets monotonous and it is not easy to follow for a prolonged peroid of time. If it wans't easy, everyone would be big and ripped. ;)

I try to give the best service I can and lately that has been extremely tough. I have been hammered with new clients and writing these plans takes a LONG time. I think some of the winter blues is kicking in for those up north and most seem to take training more serisouly sometimes in the winter (for bulking) and early spring (cutting for summer). So I expected a good rush but as DS can tell you, even though expect and prepare to be ready for the rush it almost never goes smoothly!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see you said a down was the price.

$300 is a lot to ask for especially with students on fixed budget so I understand where some are coming from.

BTW- I liked your post and THANK YOU!
:thumbsup:

And yes I have and still am training competitors.

xil

Awards
You have contact with him all the time... and he responds post haste. I'm on the other side of the world, so there's a big time difference. Sometimes I email him in the wee bit hours of the morning his time, and I still get replies in like 10mins. The guy doesn't seem to sleep

So what I'm thinking is... this 'bobo' is actually a program generated by some lanky nerd (or clown) that autoresponds, how else can someone reply so quickly 24/7 :think: I must be right, mummy says i r shmart

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You figured me out.

Now I can sleep. The jist is up.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Oops I read back through and I didn't mean to make it sound like the downside was the price meaning that its too much. It just means that you need some money to fork out before considering. I mean 250 out of my account is a lot different then someone who isn't in college and has a job etc. Trust me the price is WELL WORTH IT because it provies you a long term foundation for building.

Guys trust me on this one. Try it out if your having problems or if you want to take it to the next level. The money is worth saving time. I figure time is money so if your wasting your time doign something that doesn't work then you are wasting your money. Might as well put it to good use and get something that works up front. Ask as many questions as you can and learn from someone who has made the mistakes in the past and can teach you what you need to know. I have trained with IA as well so ast least I can make a write up relative to something and this isn't my first trainer. I wouldn't spend all this time writing out these long posts if I didn't think Bobo was worth every penny. (geez sounds like I bought a toy. The Bobo Doll or something)

And I only gave you downsides bobo cause I didn't want it to look like a fake post. I hate some of the posts I read about services or products who boast the entire time because it sounds more like a sales pitch then a true write up. I mean hell they say the Lamborghini's gearbox is a little to tight in reviews but who the hell cares its a damn Lamborghini! lol. Understand better now guys? ha.

Dustin

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll definitely second Lake on Bobo and his bulking plan. Sure, he is expensive for a college student like myself, but he's worth it. He gave me a lot of great idea's, and his diet was excellent. Even while bulking I leaned up and looked leaner than I had looked in a while, let alone while bulking.

He is extremely easy to get in touch with since he responds to PMs or emails within an hour or two almost everytime, even when it's like 3am. I don't think he sleeps. I'm not saying this to get anything out of it, I'm only speaking from my experience. I've already told him, that when I graduate in a few months and have some more money I can let go of, I'll be coming back to him to help cut most likely.

taffer

Awards
i would love to try one of these programs, when i can afford it (aussie $ makes it a bit more expensive!) just wondering if there is much of a difference between the basic fat-loss/muscle building package, and the deluxe

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would love to try one of these programs, when i can afford it (aussie $ makes it a bit more expensive!) just wondering if there is much of a difference between the basic fat-loss/muscle building package, and the deluxe
There is a big difference. THe main one is with the Deluxe I tell you what to eat at every meal of the day. The basic plan you just get the totals for the days. The actual meal plan is up to you to figure out but you get the totals you need for the day as a guide.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
$300 is a lot to ask for especially with students on fixed budget so I understand where some are coming from.

BTW- I liked your post and THANK YOU!
:thumbsup:

And yes I have and still am training competitors.
Past experience and ongoing training of competitors as I said in my post of course increases the crediability of a trainer. So as I said I would not be suprised if a DIET ONLY would be $450 or higher. It seems that Bobo is actually LOWER than this so although it is tough if you have no money, IMO Bobo's price are GOOD.

sawastea

Awards
LakeMountD, firstly, GO GATORS :D

Secondly, Bobo is an outstanding member. Never had much conversation with him, but by reading his work and views, it's refreshing :eek: :D

Good luck on your muscle building program. By chance, are you working out at the SW rec?

Sixpack

Awards
Nothing but good things to say about Bobo. Him and I , I think are the only ones that believe in low GI postworkout lol both have had great results with it. Now if we can get everyone to do the same. No dought a great bro and a very knowledgable asset to any board.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Checks are in the mail.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

Secondly, Bobo is an outstanding member. Never had much conversation with him, but by reading his work and views, it's refreshing :eek: :D

Good luck on your muscle building program. By chance, are you working out at the SW rec?
Haha UNFORTUNATELY I am at FSU bro. Long story, don't get me started lol.

Beta BBer

Awards

small world
i used to work at SW
took most of the fall off of training due to a case of mono however.

Renton405

Awards
Does bobo do personal training at his gym? or is this mainly an internet package deal?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He trains clients as far as I know at his gym. But the service is mainly internet based, and well worth it, just check my sig.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He trains clients as far as I know at his gym. But the service is mainly internet based, and well worth it, just check my sig.

I have more clients online simply beause my local clients require more time and fee's are much more expensive.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know, if I lived in that area I would definitely join up. But I think I am doing fine now.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
My Review of Bobo's Services

I originally signed up for the Deluxe Muscle Building program in Octber 2004. A few days after my phone consultation I received my program in a PDF file - by far the most detailed program I've ever used and something that would have taken me a very long time to figure out. Price wasn't too much of a concern because I know personal trainer fees add up quick, so this online program is an awesome alternative. You get responses from Bobo in a timely manner and he will bug you for updates to make sure the plan is working for you hehe.
As far as results, well, they will come so long as you do what the program says. There are no hidden little secrets or "read between the lines" type of things, you just simply have to do it. If you don't follow the plan you will not get the results you desire.
Take me for instance, I signed up for this program during a very busy work season and I really didn't gain the weight (in muscle) I wanted because I missed a lot of meals and didn't get enough rest, however there was a drastic change in my physique, most noticeable around my waist. I ended up maintaining my body weight yet my body went through some sort of recomposition which is great ! My program ended December 2004 right before the holidays. I decided to take a break from the workouts and reduced the number of meals from 6 to 4 but the actual meals have not changed (with the exception of holiday foods, but that was last month). Well, I have been able to keep my physique the same as when the program ended and that is a big plus - still a little pumped and no flab around my waist. In fact, I'm getting ready to start this program again.
Anyway, to wrap this up, most definitely a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Bobo's (FLA Nutrition) Muscle Building Program. If you decide to sign up for any of his programs make sure you give it your 100%, Bobo will get you the results you desire!

hannibal

Awards
Hey all,

Hope everyone's holidays were great. I have a question about Bobo's MBP. On the average, how much would you say you spent on groceries while on it and how many times a month you found yourself grocery shopping? I'm just trying to get as accurate as possible price figure I'd be spending so I can make sure I have everything in place. Someone responded in an earlier thread that supplements would probably run a little under a hundred bucks if you choose to but certainly not required. Thanks in advance!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
It may vary because the meal paln is customized based on your initial phone consultation and future adjustments. Overall I don't know how how much is common across all clients but in my case my meal expense ranged between $50.00 and $100.00 simply because at times I'd buy more of something if a) it was on sale or b) I just felt like it or c) better option was quantity so it lasted for two weeks, etc.
Hope that helps.

hannibal

Awards
Thanks Surfer,

I appreciate the response. I kind of figured the amount would vary from individual to individual but your answer did help. Thanks! :thumbsup: