Resolve's BC+EAA Bonanza!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been kickin' around the idea of going low carb for a while after the move. Keep cals the same, just up the prot and fat and drop CHO. I'm undecided though.

Also, I've continued in my search for glutamine data. So far, all I've really found is anecdotal evidence. But it was suggested that 0.2g/lb of glutamine + 0.1g/lb of glycine PWO can have a recuperative effect. Anybody have any experience or comments on such a protocol?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, I've continued in my search for glutamine data. So far, all I've really found is anecdotal evidence. But it was suggested that 0.2g/lb of glutamine + 0.1g/lb of glycine PWO can have a recuperative effect. Anybody have any experience or comments on such a protocol?
Hmm, interesting. Never tried that one..
I find glutamine useful in cutting modes, when cals are seriously in a deficit (like contest prep). Helps with recovery. The best glut product I've ever used for intra/postWO recovery was Beverly's Glutamine Select, but it's been a long while since I've done that due to sheer cost of the product..

In a caloric excess or maintenence, I personally don't feel there is much isolated benefit from it, except perhaps in large amounts for digestive health.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've been considering it for the possibility of low carb post-workout recovery. I definitely don't see much use in using it with CHO.

Thanks for the input Snag. :wave:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, it was a busy weekend - two parties! Had a lot of fun and didn't have to cheat at all. Danced the night away on Saturday and played volleyball for several hours on Sunday.

Used a couple servings of BC+EAA here and there, mainly when I was out and about my food choices were limited. I toted both the BC+EAA and the PB protein around in my car all weekend; a farely normal practice for me. "Protein - Don't leave home without it."

So far, I have not had the issue with the container this time that I had with the old tub. With the first release of BC+EAA, my hand couldn't fit through the neck, and I had to get BW to scoop it out for me. With this new tub, though it is actually a little smaller, the neck is more reasonable for bigger guys like me. Plus the scoop has a longer handle, which also makes serving easier.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, it was a busy weekend - two parties! Danced the night away on Saturday

So far, I have not had the issue with the container this time that I had with the old tub. With the first release of BC+EAA, my hand couldn't fit through the neck, and I had to get BW to scoop it out for me. With this new tub, though it is actually a little smaller, the neck is more reasonable for bigger guys like me. Plus the scoop has a longer handle, which also makes serving easier.
I bet the bc+eaa's had you dancing like this!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepFmJNqsus"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

I will say the new tubs are nice, at first I didnt think they were bigger, but there are by a tad.. when you have meat cleavers as hands any extra helps..:)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I kinda thought he already was.. :biglaugh:
:lol: I stand corrected!

Yeah, I've never liked him much, in any of his movies that I've seen.

Anyway, over the weekend I discovered a very enjoyable method of preparing and enjoying BC+EAA - I've been mixing one serving in a blender bottle, then pouring it over ice. It mixes better in the bottle, because of that awesome little wire ball, but having it over ice makes it awesome! Perfect to cool off on a hot May day.

I'll be hitting up the gym a bit later today too...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol: I stand corrected!

Yeah, I've never liked him much, in any of his movies that I've seen.

Anyway, over the weekend I discovered a very enjoyable method of preparing and enjoying BC+EAA - I've been mixing one serving in a blender bottle, then pouring it over ice. It mixes better in the bottle, because of that awesome little wire ball, but having it over ice makes it awesome! Perfect to cool off on a hot May day.

I'll be hitting up the gym a bit later today too...
Mmmmm. That sounds delicious. I don't have one of those blender bottles. I may have to get one.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I picked it up in an order that was just shy of free shipping. The blender bottle put my total over the necessary minimum, so I bought more to qualify for free shipping than anything else. But I haven't regretted it - the thing works very well!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree those blender bottles are the heat! I use my Bc+Eaa's in crushed Ice which is real nice thing here in Texas!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit my upper body with some heavy pushes and pulls today. Hip still can't handle serious weight, so I continue with the timed set of leg presses - ouch. As the set gets longer, my legs feel more and more worked.

I'm liking the convenience of having my BCAAs and EAAs in the same product. I'm going through the tub pretty quick though. At two or three doses a day, it's easy to see how.

I'm thinking I'll drop my macro profile down to 33/33/33 - without being able to squat, dl, or clean and press, I'm feeling like my workouts are less taxing than normal, and in result, my fat-loss seems to have plateaued, maybe even reversed a bit :(. I figure dropping the carbs ought to somewhat compensate.

Anyways, today I did:

Bench Press: 315 x5 x5 x3+2 x3 x3 x2

Leg Press: 160 for 3:20

Leg Ext: 200 for 6x6 3sec negative

Uni Cable Row: 120 for 4x6 3sec negative

Seated Shoulder Press: 90 DBs 4x6 3sec neg

Machine Preacher Curls: 155 8x3

Uni Overhead Cable Triceps Extensions: 90 8x3

Seated Calf Raises: 260 8x3

I'm seeing some progress in my presses, despite my legs falling behind. I'm also really focusing on form with my bench - particularly keeping my scapulae retracted and tucked. Also, it's nice that my hand has finally stopped hurting while doing curls! If only I could squat again! :p But as things are, I'm just waiting for my grad-student insurance to kick in, so I can go to the doctor and get things taken care of.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit my upper body with some heavy pushes and pulls today. Hip still can't handle serious weight, so I continue with the timed set of leg presses - ouch. As the set gets longer, my legs feel more and more worked.

I'm liking the convenience of having my BCAAs and EAAs in the same product. I'm going through the tub pretty quick though. At two or three doses a day, it's easy to see how.

I'm thinking I'll drop my macro profile down to 33/33/33 - without being able to squat, dl, or clean and press, I'm feeling like my workouts are less taxing than normal, and in result, my fat-loss seems to have plateaued, maybe even reversed a bit :(. I figure dropping the carbs ought to somewhat compensate.

Anyways, today I did:

I'm seeing some progress in my presses, despite my legs falling behind. I'm also really focusing on form with my bench - particularly keeping my scapulae retracted and tucked. Also, it's nice that my hand has finally stopped hurting while doing curls! If only I could squat again! :p But as things are, I'm just waiting for my grad-student insurance to kick in, so I can go to the doctor and get things taken care of.
What happen bro, some how i missed what happen to you. as far as the weight issue, drop them carbs bro :)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah if you're after fat-loss, try a 50/25/25 split P/C/F, I think you'd be comfortable with that. Or, if you want a bit more carbs than that, roll with a 50/30/20.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What happen bro, some how i missed what happen to you. as far as the weight issue, drop them carbs bro :)
It was before I began this log - I hurt my lower right ab/hip area doing weighted pullups. :worried:

Yeah if you're after fat-loss, try a 50/25/25 split P/C/F, I think you'd be comfortable with that. Or, if you want a bit more carbs than that, roll with a 50/30/20.

50/25/25 it is then!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Anyways, today I did:

You did very well yesterday!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well tonight I enjoyed a VERY tasty meal...

Garlic Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash with Cream Sauce. BW is out of town so I decided to bust out some serious cooking to console myself. Oh yeah, it was awesome. Low carb, healthy, and oh so delicious - perfect for a recovery day.

And my beverage? 3 scoops of BC+EAA dissolved in a minimum of water, and mixed with diet ginger ale. Somewhat similar to cherry sprite. Tasty, but not quite as satisfying as I had hoped - I think diet sprite or other lemon-lime soda would be better.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Garlic Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash with Cream Sauce. BW is out of town so I decided to bust out some serious cooking to console myself. Oh yeah, it was awesome. Low carb, healthy, and oh so delicious - perfect for a recovery day.

And my beverage? 3 scoops of BC+EAA dissolved in a minimum of water, and mixed with diet ginger ale. Somewhat similar to cherry sprite. Tasty, but not quite as satisfying as I had hoped - I think diet sprite or other lemon-lime soda would be better.
How about some lime Perrier?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Garlic Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash with Cream Sauce.. And my beverage? 3 scoops of BC+EAA dissolved in a minimum of water, and mixed with diet ginger ale.
mmmmmmmm.. :lick:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been putting together my semi-annual major NP order, and all the prices on my staples have gone up. :( Stupid economy...
Man, it's only going to get worse. And now we've got these immediate interest rates to worry about on charge cards. I'm curious what will happen. I'm sure I'll be canceling my card. There is no way I'm paying for irresponsible people.

But ya, back to supplements, they're all going up. It's pretty sucky. Most things are about at least $35+ for a month supply. Some far more. What staples are you buying?

I know you like dextrose. Have you seen LG's Perfect Carb? Very well priced product. Now all we need is a multi-vitamin and some dessicated liver tabs and we'll have it all!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, I bought a 50lb bag of Dex like a year ago - still have about half of it left. Speaking of that - starting today, my intra-workout shake will only have 20g CHO in it, and that is the only dex/malto I will be using for now. PWO is yogurt/pumpkin/50g WPI and all other CHO sources are very low GI and high fiber.

The Staples I'm planning on getting are:

ZMA
ALCAR
PLCAR
Leucine
GlycerGrow
1-Carboxy

BW needs a new pair of gloves too

I saw LG's perfect carb. I have yet to use WMS - considering I got the dex for about $0.75 per pound, I'm don't see myself paying too much more than that for CHO powder. I'm sure it's a good product though.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I've been kickin' around the idea of going low carb for a while after the move. Keep cals the same, just up the prot and fat and drop CHO. I'm undecided though.

This is more or less what I have been testting for 4 weeks. Working really well for me. I re fuel on cho's on the weekends. I'm dosing bc+eaa 4 times per day as well. I am much lighter than you right now though.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, today I learned that Arnold presses make me look like a little girl. For my last two sets, I was using 40s ---> FORTIES!? But they worked and then some - my shoulders, particularly the anterioir delt (which probably needs work) were FRIED.

It was the first lifting day that low(er) carb. I really felt no difference in my gym performance, as I still had my basic peri-workout nutrition covered. Also, though my carbs are lower now, my overall food intake is still quite reasonable: just under 4000kcal. I have always like higher fat diets - I just feel better on them. My last month or so of low fat/high cho on lifting has reinforced this; today it felt so good to eat 4 whole eggs with my pre-workout meal, or to have both PB and Berries in my cottage cheese and not just one or the other (I even added some coconut!). My CHO sources were: yogurt, blueberries, any fibrous veggie I felt like, homemade sprouted wheat bread, beans, and some pumpkin pwo. I have no problem eating this way, it was delicious!

Anyways like I said, I felt great in the gym today. I was concerned that getting in less CHO and more Fat pre-wo would have a negative impact. Nuh-uh: I smoked that routine! It is a good indicator that with good peri-workout nutrition, your macronutrient ratios definitely are flexible.

For me, intra-workout is the make-or-break part of my nutrition; if and when I forget my intra-shake, I know my workout won't be as good as it could be. And BC+EAA has been treating me quite well in that regard: my workouts have been fast paced and challenging, and I have the stamina to keep on to the end. I'm still using 3servings and plan on continuing with this dose - it suits me quite well. My water bottle has begun leaking, so it's a pain to shake up, but once dissolved, it stays in solution quite well. There's really very little "Leucine Foam" to speak of.

Today's Workout:

Pullups: BW 8x12
Uni Cable Chins: 120 6x12
Pronated Cable Rows: 210 6x12

Arnold Presses: 60 for 3x12, 50 for 3x12, 40 for 2x12
Lateral Raise: 20 8x12

Sumo Leg Press: 160 for 2:00
Step-Ups to Reverse Lunge: BW 4x20
Lying Leg Curls: 75 4x20

Hammer Curls: 50 Dbs 8x12
Reverse Cable Tri Ext: 60 8x12

Crazy volume. Never trained this way, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly. If I could squat and dl, I'd be set, but I'm figuring out ways to get by without 'em. Man, by the last set of pullups, my face was bright-red and my arms and lats pumped! I knew it was gonna rock from there on in. :thumbsup:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
You've been testing the low carb diet, or the glutamine/glycine thing?
All of the above :p high protein, med fat and lowish cho's. Also dosing that glutamine like a mother...Leaning out REALLY fast.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today has been busy - making hotel reservations, going to AAA for maps and tour books, packing like a maniac! Now I'm relaxing in a Starbucks while having my two rear car tires replaced. They were looking worn and I decided I'd rather replace them preemptively than have one blow somewhere on the 1300 mile drive next week.

I've had one serving of BC+EAA today, when I was feeling a little rundown and fatigued mid-afternoon. Listening to your body is a very good skill to hone, and I try to pay attention to what it is telling me and rectify any deficiencies. Well, BC+EAA really hit the spot. Got rid of that "running on empty" feeling well.

I am trying to cut caffeine out of my diet more and more. I had decaf this mornig, and I'm having decaf now, and going strong. BCAAs are supposed to have some nootropic capacities, but I can't say I've ever noticed it much (probably because of all the nootropes I take around my workouts), but I'm thinking that may be contributing to this afternoon's alertness. I don't know, I could be wrong...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, barely got time to post this - things are crazy! Saw my little sister debut in her first professional OPERA last night! She's an Alto and sang the part of Pitti-Sing in The Mikado. Very entertaining as a show, and I was proud as hell of her. :biglaugh:

Before I head out the door for church and yet another farewell party for BW and I, I wanted to get yesterday's update on here.

I used 5 servings of BC+EAA yesterday; 3 intra-workout as usual, plus another 2 in the evening, just before the opera. Two flavors a liter of water very well. I really like the flavor more than Xtend - not so chemically sweet.

Yesterday was high volume again:
Incline DB Press: 70 8x12

DB Pullover: 80 6x12

Cable Decline Fly: 60 per arm 6x12

Leg Press: 160 4:00

Leg Ext: 90 2x30

Supine Cable Curls: 60 10x12

Cable Skulls: 130 6x12
ss'd Rotary Calves: 350 612

DB Pullovers are way better than cable pullovers. And supine cable curls are HARD - you know, where you lie on the seated cable row bench and curl rather than row the stack. Definitely a good variation to have in the mix.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
congrats on your sister, thats pretty damn cool she must be very talented.

i hear you on the lack of being overly sweetened, im hearing most ppl preferring this to xtend for taste and recovery as the eaa's put this one over the top

the logs looking great man! good luck cutting the caffeine out too, it can be kinda hard, but worthwhile. i like to keep green tea in my arsenal almost yr round, but try to not go too crazy with preWO stims

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Opera is freaking awesome. I love grocery shopping to it for some reason. My grocery store has coffee to drink, so I always walk in, grab a cup, plug myself up to my MP3 player, and just cruise through the store, and I usually always have some opera going.

I don't know much about it. I have a Rhapsody account, and I just upload the popular Opera stuff to my player.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
congrats on your sister, thats pretty damn cool she must be very talented.

i hear you on the lack of being overly sweetened, im hearing most ppl preferring this to xtend for taste and recovery as the eaa's put this one over the top

the logs looking great man! good luck cutting the caffeine out too, it can be kinda hard, but worthwhile. i like to keep green tea in my arsenal almost yr round, but try to not go too crazy with preWO stims
Thanks, Katey (my sis) has been singing for a long time and competing in contests all over the place for a while. She has an amazing voice (not that I'm biased or anything, though! :D), kind of reminds me of Aretha Franklin if she sang opera - a big, powerful voice. Except Kate's petite and white ;)

I keep my caffeine intake low all the time, so decreasing it this last bit shouldn't prove too much of an issue.

As for the BC+EAA, I concur - much better than Xtend all the way around. I haven't bought Xtend in some time because I just don't think it's worth it. BC+EAA I could easily see using regularly - the EAAs up the price a bit, but the convenience and taste is worth it, as EAA are pricey anyways.

Opera is freaking awesome. I love grocery shopping to it for some reason. My grocery store has coffee to drink, so I always walk in, grab a cup, plug myself up to my MP3 player, and just cruise through the store, and I usually always have some opera going.

I don't know much about it. I have a Rhapsody account, and I just upload the popular Opera stuff to my player.
I have always enjoyed grocery shopping, ever since I moved out on my own years ago. I look forward to it - it's fun for me. Can't say I've ever listened to opera while shopping, but it's not a bad idea.

My current favorites are Carmen and Pagliacci. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, grocery shopping to music makes it SO much more enjoyable. I guess if you go with BW then you've got someone to talk to, but if you're by yourself, crank up the tunes.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, grocery shopping to music makes it SO much more enjoyable. I guess if you go with BW then you've got someone to talk to, but if you're by yourself, crank up the tunes.
Yeah, she wouldn't appreciate me wearing my MP3 player while we're shopping.

"Resolve, we need some eggs..."

Me: "Not now, babe, the Habanetta just came on!":lick:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, she wouldn't appreciate me wearing my MP3 player while we're shopping.

"Resolve, we need some eggs..."

Me: "Not now, babe, the Habanetta just came on!":lick:
haha just force feed her some PB lipotropic protein :p

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha just force feed her some PB lipotropic protein :p
Ha! It's more like force her to stop eating the stuff - she loves it! :D
I need to stock up on that stuff, considering it is never going to be mass produced!

Anyways, today was my last workout in CA. Thursday (God willing), I'll be in Phoenix, AZ and will workout there. Saturday, I'm not sure how I can manage a workout, but I will be trying. By Sunday, we'll be in Dallas! :woohoo:

As odd as it sounds, I think BC+EAA would mix really well with Ultima. Both have excellent flavor and the "WaterMellow" of the BC+EAA would nicely accent the "Citrus Dew" of Ultima. I'll just have to wait until U hits the market.

I got a great workout in, though I have decided I need a shirt that reads:

You're Weak,
You're Fat,
And You Have Horrible Form Squatting.​

It would just sum up everything I have to say to the other young guys around me. Seriously, the only friends I have at the gym are all in their 40s or 50s!

Today's Workout:

Seated Smith Military: 245 4x6
Seated Cable Row: 300 4x6
Narrow Grip Decline Bench: 275 4x6
Sumo Leg Press: 160 3:00
Prone Leg Curls: 200 6x6
Reverse Cable Curls: 170 8x6
Seated Calves: 260 4x6

I tried one set of standing BB Military, but my whole right side began caving, so it was off to the pussy - I mean "Smith"- Machine. I don't like using that thing for anything but standing calf raises, or setting the bar on it's highest position and doing chin-ups on it. But, it works for my current situation - I just look forward to the time when using it is no longer necessary. I was quite pleased with my rows, dec bench and calf raises, though. I am retaining back strength even while unable to DL! And my calves are getting stronger - so hopefully they are growing too. It's not easy having a 36" inseam, my legs are freaking long!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:biglaugh:

Nice looking workout dude.
hes always has great looking work outs/Logs.... Resolve I wish you guys a safe trip:) If you need anything give snag a call:thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resolve, do you happen to know the correct dosage and timing of an HMB/Creatine stack? I just capped some HMB powder that I've had for a long time and never used. I think I remember reading 5g pre-workout, but don't quite know...or was it 2.5g pre, 2.5g post? Or intra...Bleh. I have no clue, hence why I'm asking you.

I capped 100 capsules @ 800mg/cap. Probably could have fit more but I don't have a tamper.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I know, standard HMB dosage is usually 5-6g a day, split into pre-workout and pre-bed doses.

However, a quick google search revealed that much higher doses have been used, anecdotally with good success.

I'd start with the 5-6g, and play with increased dosage as time went on. Hope this helps!