REDEFINE NUTRITON Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Trivia...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Prize

One Bottle of PRO XANTHING 500-XT

The WINNER is the first person to answer every part of all 3 questions in one post (no editing of posts = disqualification)...

Questions:

1) What is the difference between hypertrophy and hyperplasia in skeletal muscle?

2) Name one hormone or pro-hormone proven to effect skeletal muscle via hypertrophy and one proven to effect it via hyperplasia.
Example: hormone = hypertrophy & hormone = hyperplasia

3) Currently, are there any pro-hormones that have been proven to have a hyperplasia effect on skeletal muscle (yes or no)?

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Prize

One Bottle of PRO XANTHING 500-XT

The WINNER is the first person to answer every part of all 3 questions in one post (no editing of posts = disqualification)...

Questions:

1) What is the difference between hypertrophy and hyperplasia in skeletal muscle?

2) Name one hormone or pro-hormone proven to effect skeletal muscle via hypertrophy and one proven to effect it via hyperplasia.
Example: hormone = hypertrophy & hormone = hyperplasia

3) Currently, are there any pro-hormones that have been proven to have a hyperplasia effect on skeletal muscle (yes or no)?

Hyperplasia (or "hypergenesis") is a general term for an increase in the number of the cells of an organ or tissue causing it to increase in size. It may be due to any number of causes including (but not limited to) increased demand, chronic inflammatory response, hormonal dysfunctions, or neoplasia.

Hypertrophy is the increase of the size of an organ. It should be distinguished from hyperplasia which occurs due to cell division; hypertrophy occurs due to an increase in cell size rather than division. It is most commonly seen in muscle that has been actively stimulated, the most well-known method being exercise.

1ad

Yes

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
1.) The difference between Hypertrophy and Hyperplasia in skeletal muscle is that Hyperplasia is new muscle cells being formed while hypertrophy is an increase in muscle cell size.

2.) IGF-1 = hypertrophy, IGF-1 = Hyperplasia

3.) No

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hyperplasia is different from hypertropy in that the adaptive cell change in hypertrophy is an increase in cell size, whereas hyperplasia involves an increase in the number of cells.

Testosterone= hypertrophy

HGH=hyperplasia

No

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
1.) The difference between Hypertrophy and Hyperplasia in skeletal muscle is that Hyperplasia is new muscle cells being formed while hypertrophy is an increase in muscle cell size.

2.) IGF-1 = Test-E, IGF-1 = Hyperplasia

3.) No

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyperplasia is different from hypertropy in that the adaptive cell change in hypertrophy is an increase in cell size, whereas hyperplasia involves an increase in the number of cells.

Testosterone= hypertrophy

HGH=hyperplasia

No
Winner... winner... Seafood Dinner!!!

That's right Beatches, I'm going home to New Orleans for Christmas and I got SEAFOOD on the BRAIN!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Ah man!! I lost :(

Anyway congratzz bro!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Winner... winner... Seafood Dinner!!!

That's right Beatches, I'm going home to New Orleans for Christmas and I got SEAFOOD on the BRAIN!!!
Man, that sounds amazing bro!! eat some of that seafood for me too!! Thanks Doc.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK guys, I have two questions for ya...

1) Green... did you know all of that off the top of your head or did you have to Google it, which parts did you Google if any?

2) Everyone... Do y'all like these types of questions I have been asking lately? I am trying to make it somewhat educational, choosing from things that in my opinion weightlifters and bodybuilders should know or at least be familiar with!

Feedback Please....

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards

1) Green... did you know all of that off the top of your head or did you have to Google it, which parts did you Google if any?

2) Everyone... Do y'all like these types of questions I have been asking lately? I am trying to make it somewhat educational, choosing from things that in my opinion weightlifters and bodybuilders should know or at least be familiar with!

Feedback Please....
Yes we like you to ask us this kind of questions....this way we can learn something too :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards

Feedback Please....
I knew the last question for sure, I looked for better articulation and wording for the first question, and I did research under fire for the second question...heart a thumping LOL!!

Yeah I liked this question. Had to do a little research, and took a little new knowledge away from the experience...in the end that is a win in itself!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK GREEN... I got a BONUS Question for ya... What is the difference between a Ligament and a Tendon?

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
OK GREEN... I got a BONUS Question for ya... What is the difference between a Ligament and a Tendon?
The difference between ligaments and tendons are. Well ligaments are the saying BONE TO BONE. And the tendons are with the saying BONE TO MUSCLE.
well ligaments are the tough tissue that attaches bones at joints and tendons are the tough tissue also but attaches the bone to muscle (vise versa)

if you ask me what a ligament is I will say "bone to bone"
joint=ligament to ligament
tendon=bone to muscle

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Ligaments join bone to bone.
Tendons join muscle to bone.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Sorry was this for everyone??

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ligaments join bone to bone.
Tendons join muscle to bone.
Damn Bro... Punja beat you... But yes, you are both correct! I'll tell you the simple way I was taught to remember it when I was in CHIRO school... think of the Achilles Heal from the movie "TROY" with Greek legend "Achilles" the Achilles tendon attaches the gastrocs (calf muscle to the heal), so if you remember that, then the other is obviously Bone to Bone!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Damn Bro... Punja beat you... But yes, you are both correct! I'll tell you the simple way I was taught to remember it when I was in CHIRO school... think of the Achilles Heal from the movie "TROY" with Greek legend "Achilles" the Achilles tendon attaches the gastrocs (calf muscle to the heal), so if you remember that, then the other is obviously Bone to Bone!
Yeah got caught up in the classroom LOL People wanting to talk and not let me get my AM FIX!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry was this for everyone??
It didn't really matter, was for educational purposes only, I mean GREEN's got the PRO XANTHINE coming to him and guess what everyone... I get to release the ingredient profile of the New FINAFLEX 550-XD Black series today... will be on the FINAFLEX BREAKING NEWS, so be on the Look out! Also, after the 1st of the year... Be on the Look out for GREEN's new LOG, I have been promising him for months that he would get 1st dibbs at doing a LOG on our new 550-XD Black series as soon as it came out, and on top of that, I am going to be doing the run with him, I'm working out the details, but there might be a few of us doing an identical run all competing for the best results, but on the honor system that we are all taking the exact same thing, so far DREAMWEAVER is in, I'm in and well I haven't asked GREEN yet, but I don't see him turning down a Challenge to better himself!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I'll graciously pass my bottle to Punjabimunde...if he throws up a FINAFLEX LOG detailing his journey to being ripped using PX-500!!

HUH HUH?! Any takers!?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
It didn't really matter, was for educational purposes only, I mean GREEN's got the PRO XANTHINE coming to him and guess what everyone... I get to release the ingredient profile of the New FINAFLEX 550-XD Black series today... will be on the FINAFLEX BREAKING NEWS, so be on the Look out! Also, after the 1st of the year... Be on the Look out for GREEN's new LOG, I have been promising him for months that he would get 1st dibbs at doing a LOG on our new 550-XD Black series as soon as it came out, and on top of that, I am going to be doing the run with him, I'm working out the details, but there might be a few of us doing an identical run all competing for the best results, but on the honor system that we are all taking the exact same thing, so far DREAMWEAVER is in, I'm in and well I haven't asked GREEN yet, but I don't see him turning down a Challenge to better himself!!!
Awesome news my brotha!! Oh and I accept the 550-XD Challenge!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha I just wanna win something ;)
Keep playing, I do this every week on Tuesdays! I will not be doing it next week on Tuesday December 27th BTW, I will be out of town in New Orleans visiting my family!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I'll graciously pass my bottle to Punjabimunde...if he throws up a FINAFLEX LOG detailing his journey to being ripped using PX-500!!

HUH HUH?! Any takers!?
Let me put this up one more time!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

HUH HUH?! Any takers!?
Mighty gracious of you bud, Punjabimunde... do you accept? Do you understand that you will have to do a detailed LOG on the PX-500, as in your daily diet and daily workouts, etc. for 30 days?

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards

HUH HUH?! Any takers!?
I can do FINAFLEX log...but do I have to use PX-500??

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Plus I can't lift weight...I got into an car accident and broke my hand like two months ago...and just had my surgery...do can't lift weights for 2 months...only cardio and abs :(

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I can do FINAFLEX log...but do I have to use PX-500??
I'm just offering what was on the table my brother, as you said you really wanted to win something!!

It would have to be between Doc and yourself whether there were other Finaflex Logging opportunities.

The offer stands, if you want to LOG in detail the bottle of PX-500 I just won it is yours!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plus I can't lift weight...I got into an car accident and broke my hand like two months ago...and just had my surgery...do can't lift weights for 2 months...only cardio and abs :(
All I hear is a lame excuse about someone having sand in his vagina...:rofl:. Seriously though Bro, you are more than welcome to run a log if you document your daily nutrition, cardio when you do it and don't forget you can still work calves and legs in addition to your abs... Your call Bro! Yes it has to be PX-500 because that is the prize I'm offering and it is Green who is willing to give you his prize in return for you LOGGING on it? So what is it to be my friend?

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
I'm just offering what was on the table my brother, as you said you really wanted to win something!!

It would have to be between Doc and yourself whether there were other Finaflex Logging opportunities.

The offer stands, if you want to LOG in detail the bottle of PX-500 I just won it is yours!!
Yes I can do it but I can't lift weights for two more months...so I'll be doing only cardio and losing weight coz I gained alot of weight coz of my injury...so if you want I can only log about my cardio, energy lvls and my weight loss...I can't do nothing with strength

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I can do it but I can't lift weights for two more months...so I'll be doing only cardio and losing weight coz I gained alot of weight coz of my injury...so if you want I can only log about my cardio, energy lvls and my weight loss...I can't do nothing with strength
Sounds like a Plan Stan... PM me your mailing information! FYI, this will constitute as a win for you so you cannot participate in the next 4 trivias. And because Green forfeited his win to you, he will be eligible to play next time or until he wins, he knows the rules!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Sounds like a Plan Stan... PM me your mailing information! FYI, this will constitute as a win for you so you cannot participate in the next 4 trivias. And because Green forfeited his win to you, he will be eligible to play next time or until he wins, he knows the rules!
Ok got it...pm coming :)

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Thanks green!!! Really appreciate :)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
That's perfect as PX-500 is a fat burner.
We just want to get ya in the game bro! You can LOG on
-Nutrition
-Cardio
-Energy
-Weight
-Body Composition
-Before/After Pics

Again keep a LOG under the Finaflex company link for the entirety of the bottle (30 days), and it is yours!

A YES or NO will seal the deal!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Lol guess it's a yes!!

No problem my brother! Good luck!! I'll be watching your progress!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
That's perfect as PX-500 is a fat burner.
We just want to get ya in the game bro! You can LOG on
-Nutrition
-Cardio
-Energy
-Weight
-Body Composition
-Before/After Pics

Again keep a LOG under the Finaflex company link for the entirety of the bottle (30 days), and it is yours!

A YES or NO will seal the deal!!
Ok got it...once again thanks!!!

I'll be logging as soon they take my plaster out from my hand...that's gonna be first week of January...is that fine??

And I can take other supps with it or no?? Like pre workout or post workout?? Or you just want it solo??

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Ok got it...once again thanks!!!

I'll be logging as soon they take my plaster out from my hand...that's gonna be first week of January...is that fine??

And I can take other supps with it or no?? Like pre workout or post workout?? Or you just want it solo??
Sounds good man. You take whatever sups you'd like along with as long as we know it's a Finaflex PX-500 LOG. Good luck with everything!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st week of January is perfectly fine, wouldn't really expect you to start posting until after the new year anyway, too much holiday stuff to get in the way, besides I will be not as frequent on the forums all next week, going home to N.O.L.A. for the first time in 2yrs to visit family and friend... Whew-Hew!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All I hear is a lame excuse about someone having sand in his vagina...:rofl:. Seriously though Bro, you are more than welcome to run a log if you document your daily nutrition, cardio when you do it and don't forget you can still work calves and legs in addition to your abs... Your call Bro! Yes it has to be PX-500 because that is the prize I'm offering and it is Green who is willing to give you his prize in return for you LOGGING on it? So what is it to be my friend?
Totally gotta agree with Al here. Legs are the foundation that we build upon. If our foundation is weak then it doesn't matter what we put on top! Way too many guys walking around that think they only need to work upper body and have toothpick legs! HAVE TO WORK THE LEGS FOR STRENGTH TOO! Not sure where you lift or what you have available to you for legs but I would highly recommend doing some leg work other than cardio.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st week of January is perfectly fine, wouldn't really expect you to start posting until after the new year anyway, too much holiday stuff to get in the way, besides I will be not as frequent on the forums all next week, going home to N.O.L.A. for the first time in 2yrs to visit family and friend... Whew-Hew!!!
Travel safe and enjoy yourself my friend! Have a very merry Christmas too!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PRO XANTHING 500-XT Review

PRO XANTHING 500-XT Well i won this a while back took it and enjoyed it a lot its my type of fat burner, its subtle but extremely effective at the same time, while i was on cycle while i took it lost a good 5 lbs on a recomp diet while making gains. it greatly targeted belly fat it was very effective at that, not the energy supp youd expect but decent at that, either that or i have an extremely high tolerance to stims which is a possibility as i do have my ups and downs with energy supplements as i have been altered by clen and albuterol. But the fat loss was there with it, also i love the craving control it provides comparable to that of Slim FX which was a good one for cravings too, and that comes from a guy with extreme cravings i think i inherited from my mom cus we both have a major sweet tooth, put it this way you put a box of chocolates in front of me--im not gonna stop at one lol, so for this to help me with that i found it stellar. I can describe this fat burner as one you might not feel a great deal but when its said and done your gonna be saying "wow". Its very effective though. Energy: 7/10 Fat loss:9/10 Thermogenic:7/10 Craving Control:9/10 Focus:8/10 Muscle Preservation:8/10 Targeted Fat loss:10/10 my short mini review i just wanted to share my experience with you guys and thank Redefine Nutrition.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PRO XANTHING 500-XT Well i won this a while back took it and enjoyed it a lot its my type of fat burner, its subtle but extremely effective at the same time, while i was on cycle while i took it lost a good 5 lbs on a recomp diet while making gains. it greatly targeted belly fat it was very effective at that, not the energy supp youd expect but decent at that, either that or i have an extremely high tolerance to stims which is a possibility as i do have my ups and downs with energy supplements as i have been altered by clen and albuterol. But the fat loss was there with it, also i love the craving control it provides comparable to that of Slim FX which was a good one for cravings too, and that comes from a guy with extreme cravings i think i inherited from my mom cus we both have a major sweet tooth, put it this way you put a box of chocolates in front of me--im not gonna stop at one lol, so for this to help me with that i found it stellar. I can describe this fat burner as one you might not feel a great deal but when its said and done your gonna be saying "wow". Its very effective though. Energy: 7/10 Fat loss:9/10 Thermogenic:7/10 Craving Control:9/10 Focus:8/10 Muscle Preservation:8/10 Targeted Fat loss:10/10 my short mini review i just wanted to share my experience with you guys and thank Redefine Nutrition.
Thank you Rohabp... that was an excellent review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with PX 500-XT with us, feedback and reviews are always greatly appreciated, I have re-posted your review on our FINAFLEX FaceBook fan page!

One last thing, just to add a little feedback on your mini-review... When we designed the FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT we did so with the intention of creating an effective fat-burner with a mood enhancer & extreme mental focus style energy vs. the typical heart-racing jittery type energy that most have come to expect with a typical fat-burner. Based on your review, it looks like we nailed it!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you Rohabp... that was an excellent review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with PX 500-XT with us, feedback and reviews are always greatly appreciated, I have re-posted your review on our FINAFLEX FaceBook fan page!

One last thing, just to add a little feedback on your mini-review... When we designed the FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT we did so with the intention of creating an effective fat-burner with a mood enhancer & extreme mental focus style energy vs. the typical heart-racing jittery type energy that most have come to expect with a typical fat-burner. Based on your review, it looks like we nailed it!
amen brotha...great job!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Hey Scott...I got my FINAFLEX PX500-XT I'll be logging it starting the first week of January...How often should I log? How many times a week? An thank you for the power band and for the opportunity :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Scott...I got my FINAFLEX PX500-XT I'll be logging it starting the first week of January...How often should I log? How many times a week? An thank you for the power band and for the opportunity :)
Sorry I was on vacation! Anyway, in my opinion I always find the most attractive LOGs to have a daily input, if it is a workout day, tell us what body part and exercises and how many reps you performed, basically logging what you did that day in the gym, also if you did cardio or not, what foods you ate, how many calories, your macros if you are keeping a good track of what you are eating, also include your mood, how you feel, energized, tired, is the PX controlling your appetite, increasing your energy, etc. Then finally on a weekly basis Log your weight and Body Fat if you are measuring it, showing everyone exactly what you are doing, what your weekly results are, etc. Also, it is always awesome to at least have a starting picture and and ending picture, that way in your final review of our product you can post your beginning picture with your weight under it and then your final picture after 30 days of using our product with your weight under that and of course your overall thoughts and review of our product! That is what I consider a very good and detailed Log that I like to see and it is how I always run my LOGs which always seem to be fairly popular, its all in the details my friends, that is what people wanna see! I also personally find it is much easier to keep track of my diet and exercise when I know I have to post it, keeps it fresh in my head, not to mention I can look back and see if I made any mistakes, or learn from my own personal experiences, etc. I mean it is always good to keep a personal LOG of what I mentioned whether you are posting it out for everyone to see or just keeping it for your own personal records so to speak! Looking forward to your LOG Bro, Kick some A$$!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Sorry I was on vacation! Anyway, in my opinion I always find the most attractive LOGs to have a daily input, if it is a workout day, tell us what body part and exercises and how many reps you performed, basically logging what you did that day in the gym, also if you did cardio or not, what foods you ate, how many calories, your macros if you are keeping a good track of what you are eating, also include your mood, how you feel, energized, tired, is the PX controlling your appetite, increasing your energy, etc. Then finally on a weekly basis Log your weight and Body Fat if you are measuring it, showing everyone exactly what you are doing, what your weekly results are, etc. Also, it is always awesome to at least have a starting picture and and ending picture, that way in your final review of our product you can post your beginning picture with your weight under it and then your final picture after 30 days of using our product with your weight under that and of course your overall thoughts and review of our product! That is what I consider a very good and detailed Log that I like to see and it is how I always run my LOGs which always seem to be fairly popular, its all in the details my friends, that is what people wanna see! I also personally find it is much easier to keep track of my diet and exercise when I know I have to post it, keeps it fresh in my head, not to mention I can look back and see if I made any mistakes, or learn from my own personal experiences, etc. I mean it is always good to keep a personal LOG of what I mentioned whether you are posting it out for everyone to see or just keeping it for your own personal records so to speak! Looking forward to your LOG Bro, Kick some A$$!!!
Ok Scott...got it..very excited...thanks :)