raw eggs

miked7

Awards
Is this just an outdated tough guy reference or is there some real benefit from eating raw eggs in the morning? Dangers? Anyone do this on the reg?

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Is this just an outdated tough guy reference or is there some real benefit from eating raw eggs in the morning? Dangers? Anyone do this on the reg?
No. There is no additional benefit to eating the egg raw, as opposed to cooked. In fact, your body cannot absorb as much of the egg if it is raw. Cooking it will increase the bio-availability.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
As for dangers, nothing will set your workouts back like a bout of Salmonella.

miked7

Awards
^^ur telling me you eat well over 2 dozen eggs a day? for reals?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, no added benefit at all. If you want to add eggs to drinks or just drink them straight, I suggest you get the homogenized egg whites that come in the green cartons at your local grocery store.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
The idea was that raw eggs would assimilate faster into the system, thus helping build muscle faster and denser, but the salmonella risk isnt worth it and theres no real advantage to protein assimilation. It will give you the runs though.

miked7

Awards
looks like im stickin to over medium and hard boiled. thanks fellas

Cavelery

Awards
Raw eggs are best source for the protein and the strength for the exercise.
After taking raw eggs, I feel myself more strong and can perform better exercise.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No. There is no additional benefit to eating the egg raw, as opposed to cooked. In fact, your body cannot absorb as much of the egg if it is raw. Cooking it will increase the bio-availability.
that would be false, as you cook it degrades the protein. OP if you eat raw eggs, I would make sure you are getting organic eggs where the chickens were able to eat a normal diet. not grain. They will cost a little more but will be a bit safer if they arent pumped full of hormones, antibodies and other crap. Same with beef, grass fed organic beef is the way to go.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Nope, no added benefit at all. If you want to add eggs to drinks or just drink them straight, I suggest you get the homogenized egg whites that come in the green cartons at your local grocery store.
this. i drink a carton a day

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that would be false, as you cook it degrades the protein.
The body absorbs amino acids not whole proteins so the degradation might be the reason it is more bio available when cooked.

I do raw. I'm f*cking sick and tired of cooked eggs. I'd rather drink them and move on with my life.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The body absorbs amino acids not whole proteins so the degradation might be the reason it is more bio available when cooked.

I do raw. I'm f*cking sick and tired of cooked eggs. I'd rather drink them and move on with my life.
Listened to a guy on Super Human Radio who ate all raw meats and eggs for 6 months and gained 20lbs of lean mass. Natural BB'er. Crazy.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Listened to a guy on Super Human Radio who ate all raw meats and eggs for 6 months and gained 20lbs of lean mass. Natural BB'er. Crazy.
there is a diet like that usesd for dogs. ive talked to guys who have seen the adult full grown dogs put on 5-15lbs of nothing but muscle in a matter of months

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's anything but natural :D
Its pretty popular with a a guest that speaks on there and he highly reccommends it. As for me...there is no way I could stomach raw chicken.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep^^ my uncle used to mix raw eggs into his pits food everyday and just give him whole eggs with the shell sometimes... dog was one of the most muscular pits I've ever seen.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Yep^^ my uncles used to mix raw eggs into his pits food everyday and just give him whole eggs with the shell sometimes... dog was one of the most muscular pits I've ever seen.
makes sense right? when was the last time you watched a nature show with wolves, wild dogs etc. were they chasing down corn and potatoes or meat lol? my next pup will go his first year with very limited dry kibble and live on raws

miked7

Awards
So organic full eggs or just the whites? I'm looking to put on some weight as I am just getting back to normal from shoulder surgery. as for raw meat...I can't do anything less than medium. can we get a #bestrawfood trending?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So organic full eggs or just the whites? I'm looking to put on some weight as I am just getting back to normal from shoulder surgery. as for raw meat...I can't do anything less than medium. can we get a #bestrawfood trending?
That depends on what your macros are bro.

Michealleo

Awards
hi friend everyone eat eggs in their own way . like some peoples like to eat it as boild and some peoples eat as raw . and benefits are same . and if u wana know about danger of eat raw eggs . then it can in only one case if someone has food allergy . otherwise it's fine .

miked7

Awards
actually, what i've been gathering is that the benefits are not the same. and otherwise that doesn't make much sense.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
as for the big salmonella scare, its a bull**** blown out of proportion thing. Guys drank raw eggs like crazy back in the day and you never heard **** about that!! Then some ****ing dip**** gets sick because he ate some 3rd world country bull****, and the media scares the **** out of everyone. Drink those ****ers, be a man!!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I never drank raw eggs but I have drank Pasteurized eggwhites

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brocodeout69 Nutrition / Health 71
bell1986 Nutrition / Health 15
william247 Bulking 24
cory0475 Bulking 25
Weight Loss 11