Question about Pantera...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know why Pantera ever split up in the first place? Any reason? I've always wondered this and never heard any specific reason(s) why.

Also, I know that ex-drummer Vinnie Paul and ex-lead guitarist Dimebag Darrell had passed away due to that assshole fan that shot them on stage....butI never heard Phil's take on it. As in, I never heard him comment on the tragic episode. DId he ever speak publicly about his passed ex-band members, show respect, etc.?

I've been a fan of metal since my elementary school years. Pantera was one of the biggest influences on my taste of music back then. I just hate to be NOT in the know about things like this. And from my busy schedule for the past couple of years, I never was able to hear anymore about the latest dramas/news concerning bands.

I've listened to a couple of tracks from Phil's new bands....Superjoint ritual and DOWN...but honestly it just gets me depressed because I think about when Pantera used to be together....especially since I never knew why the broke apart. Music has always been a HUGE part of my life so I just like to try and keep up to date with stuff as much as possible like I did in my H.S. years....any helpful info/thoughts guys?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thnaks for the link Methyl1. That's so fvckin' sad man...sooooo fvckin' sad. :sad:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man, Pantera fvckin' kicked ass. Such a tragedy.

Methyl1

Awards
Man, This quote really got me here.

"It’s been reported that even after Gale pumped Dimebag full of bullets, the revered guitarist continued to play his guitar as he dropped to the floor, unaware of what had just happened. If this is indeed true, it’s a testament to the will of life he held."